CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39

Author Topic: 6/4/2014  (Read 89460 times)

sfish

Re: 6/4/2014
« Reply #255 on: June 04, 2014, 01:02:58 PM »

What's the story on the Rm101 "Big Payback"? J.R has the robustos for $5 a stick. Or a 7x70 for $7, if thats the way you roll....
No clue, sounds like a question for NJ/Traveling Dave.
Yeah, and he's sleeping off some Foster's Oil cans at the moment

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #256 on: June 04, 2014, 01:03:41 PM »

What's the story on the Rm101 "Big Payback"? J.R has the robustos for $5 a stick. Or a 7x70 for $7, if thats the way you roll....
Can anybody truly be in the "payback" business? The best one I've seen recently is the Nica Rustica and that was accidental IMO
Payback being a truly 'bargain'/value (MSRP) offering?  What about the Illusione Rothchildes?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #257 on: June 04, 2014, 01:03:59 PM »

I think I remember reading that it was something special, I thought for the B&M crowd, for supporting them for years.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #258 on: June 04, 2014, 01:04:11 PM »

Where is Tony at?  He really has been keeping his eye on us the last three days.
He has lunch from 11-2pm.

sfish

« Reply #259 on: June 04, 2014, 01:04:15 PM »

Where is Tony at?  He really has been keeping his eye on us the last three days.
This is his baby, he's protective. Must be fun for him to see this come together

sfish

« Reply #260 on: June 04, 2014, 01:06:08 PM »

Can anybody truly be in the "payback" business? The best one I've seen recently is the Nica Rustica and that was accidental IMO
Payback being a truly 'bargain'/value (MSRP) offering?  What about the Illusione Rothchildes?
Yeah, there you go. Just saying/questioning the validity of the whole payback thing. Room 101 is good enough to pull it off though

ImNotBlackImMaduro

• Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
« Reply #261 on: June 04, 2014, 01:06:36 PM »

I was in Orange county before. Been up in Vallejo for about a year now following a job. You're in SD, right?

Yep.  I could see us ending up somewhere between Monterey and San Jose within the next 2-3 years, though.  Wife's family all up there, really nice area.  Be damn near impossible to want to leave San Diego but ya never know.
[/quote]

Well don't go to Vallejo, place is a shit hole.  Not as bad as Richmond.  I live by the Sacramento River and make the commute.  Would love to live South of SJ on the coast, though.  Beautiful area.

sfish

« Reply #262 on: June 04, 2014, 01:06:49 PM »

18 Oy - Go fuck yourself!

ImNotBlackImMaduro

• Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
« Reply #263 on: June 04, 2014, 01:09:21 PM »

And 70 RG?  What the hell are you supposed to do with that?  I have a hard enough time with a 60. 

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #264 on: June 04, 2014, 01:11:45 PM »

Thanks for all the info on the alternative humidors, guys. I already have a couple Coleman 48qt's, and a couple flip top playmate coolers, so that's why I was going that route. They also already blend into the background. ;)
Maduro, that 120qt is a nice cooler. I look at those marine giants every time I go to the Costco/BJ's/Sam's. Not for cigars though... my other "hobby". What can I say... Smoking makes me thirsty.

Baby Face Finster

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Sorry about that!
« Reply #265 on: June 04, 2014, 01:13:41 PM »

Woof WOOF! Mornin' gents! Nice spread ya got here Tony. Serious echo over at Joes.
GEORGE!!! Glad you can make it.
Happy to be here. This is the place after all. Of course the workaference is the same. Stoopid workaference!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #266 on: June 04, 2014, 01:19:51 PM »

Just checked my CI shopping cart... all my 'saves' show out of stock. =(
Can only ride that wave so far
Mine went OoS about a week after the Jam....I've seen guys keep stuff in there a month or more.

I think just keeping it in the cart has been better. I just 'save' the stuff I'm not getting at that point until later. Then put it back into the cart after the purchase... Guess I was still pissed about the PF's and forgot.
Huh?
I wasn't the only one then..... :o

Ah, Fuck me. So, I can't explain this... Your shopping cart is one 'area'. Your saved items are another 'area'... All in your cart, though. LOL!

Just buy the shit and there'll be no problem.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #267 on: June 04, 2014, 01:20:30 PM »

Thanks for all the info on the alternative humidors, guys. I already have a couple Coleman 48qt's, and a couple flip top playmate coolers, so that's why I was going that route. They also already blend into the background. ;)
Maduro, that 120qt is a nice cooler. I look at those marine giants every time I go to the Costco/BJ's/Sam's. Not for cigars though... my other "hobby". What can I say... Smoking makes me thirsty.
Ha, know what you mean about blending in.  Same deal with me when I had those storage containers.  I could easily move up to the next size without it being noticed.

sfish

« Reply #268 on: June 04, 2014, 01:22:36 PM »

Mine went OoS about a week after the Jam....I've seen guys keep stuff in there a month or more.

I think just keeping it in the cart has been better. I just 'save' the stuff I'm not getting at that point until later. Then put it back into the cart after the purchase... Guess I was still pissed about the PF's and forgot.
Huh?

Ah, Fuck me. So, I can't explain this... Your shopping cart is one 'area'. Your saved items are another 'area'... All in your cart, though. LOL!

So what went wrong with your order then? I'm not getting it

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #269 on: June 04, 2014, 01:23:41 PM »

Huh?

Probably best to just let this one go, Steve.  I think we all 'get' what you're trying to say.  I don't think it matters where you store it.  If they're gonna pull the item, they're gonna pull it.  If it'll last, it'll last in the actual cart or 'saved for later'. 

Or like you said, just buy it.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39