CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30

Author Topic: 9/12/2014  (Read 64700 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 9/12/2014
« Reply #360 on: September 12, 2014, 03:23:10 PM »

Juan Lopez Seleccion No. 1

25 cigars
€132.54 EUR   ~USD 172.00  €117.90 EUR  ~USD 153.00. www.puroexpress.com
What the fuck is wrong with you?  Are you trying to get us shut down?!?!?!
CI Banter is reserved for illegal offerings.
its not illegal
The purchase, import and sale of Cuban cigars in or into the U.S. is not illegal?
they allow import for personal use, you can't sell them here.
You might want to check with your attorney on that belief.
next time your in Mexico check, not sure if it's a new law. The duty free shop does us sales.
They do those sales because they don't know, or care, which way you are traveling(from or to the US)
the guys who make those laws, all smoke Cuban cigars. it's just the lil people like us who cant have them!
It is also illegal for both the giver and the receiver to gift them in or into the U.S. too.
Aside from all that, they're just too frickin' expensive....and not all that good.  As I've said before, if you can smoke and enjoy a cigar when you buy it, it's not worth it.  Having to hold on to cigars for a year or more  so that they can be smokable after spending $200+ on a box.  I don't think so....and the same people complain about spending more than $5 for a readily smokable Nicaraguan or whatever  (Oy excluded....he's different)
Lot more whiskey big talk than buying and smoking.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #361 on: September 12, 2014, 03:26:58 PM »

These PdR's are not a bad smoke, but maybe too big a bundle/price for the jam.  Also currently at the devil for $28

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #362 on: September 12, 2014, 03:31:31 PM »

25 cigars
its not illegal
The purchase, import and sale of Cuban cigars in or into the U.S. is not illegal?
next time your in Mexico check, not sure if it's a new law. The duty free shop does us sales.
They do those sales because they don't know, or care, which way you are traveling(from or to the US)
the guys who make those laws, all smoke Cuban cigars. it's just the lil people like us who cant have them!
It is also illegal for both the giver and the receiver to gift them in or into the U.S. too.
Did not know that !
The import ban extends to Cuban-origin cigars and other Cuban-origin tobacco products offered for sale over the Internet or through a catalog. It is also illegal for U.S. persons to buy, sell, trade, or otherwise engage in transactions involving illegally-imported Cuban cigars.  Importation of Cuban-origin cigars and other Cuban-origin tobacco products is prohibited whether the goods are purchased by the importer or given to the importer as a gift.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #363 on: September 12, 2014, 03:33:00 PM »

These PdR's are not a bad smoke, but maybe too big a bundle/price for the jam.  Also currently at the devil for $28
+1 on the PDR's they make a nice fishing or yard gar.

dogdays

« Reply #364 on: September 12, 2014, 03:40:44 PM »

25 cigars
its not illegal
Aside from all that, they're just too frickin' expensive....and not all that good.  As I've said before, if you can't smoke and enjoy a cigar when you buy it, it's not worth it.  Having to hold on to cigars for a year or more  so that they can be smokable after spending $200+ on a box.  I don't think so....and the same people complain about spending more than $5 for a readily smokable Nicaraguan or whatever  (Oy excluded....he's different)
Dave , I agree with every thing you are saying . but I do have to say I like them a lot .

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #365 on: September 12, 2014, 03:43:03 PM »

25 cigars
its not illegal
Aside from all that, they're just too frickin' expensive....and not all that good.  As I've said before, if you can't smoke and enjoy a cigar when you buy it, it's not worth it.  Having to hold on to cigars for a year or more  so that they can be smokable after spending $200+ on a box.  I don't think so....and the same people complain about spending more than $5 for a readily smokable Nicaraguan or whatever  (Oy excluded....he's different)
Dave , I agree with every thing you are saying . but I do have to say I like them a lot .
There are some I really like, but they aren't cheap...and it makes it hard without 'deals' or samplers.  Not saying anything anyone hasn't heard, but CCs aren't better than every NC and NCs aren't better than every CC...just different.  Almost like an Islay scotch versus a non-Islay...personal preference.

dogdays

« Reply #366 on: September 12, 2014, 03:43:21 PM »

I have been trying to not buy any yard gars , and just buy good cigars , a less is more kind of thing .

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #367 on: September 12, 2014, 03:43:51 PM »

I have been trying to not buy any yard gars , and just buy good cigars , a less is more kind of thing .
Time for some BHKs :)

dogdays

« Reply #368 on: September 12, 2014, 03:47:18 PM »

Time for some BHKs :)
I want some , just cant afford them right now .  too much money for me .

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #369 on: September 12, 2014, 03:48:09 PM »

25 cigars
its not illegal
Have tried many of them many time when visiting overseas and rarely find them as being even as good as a nice quality Dominican or Nicaraguan cigar. What T Dave said is absolutely correct.  Deal is if they catch them you lose the cigars and the seller keeps your money then you might get fined a few hundred $ not a big deal unless you ever have to pass a background check of any depth then you are fuct.  Nothing wrong with liking you them though!   

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #370 on: September 12, 2014, 03:52:39 PM »

Fishing and yard gar theory is you might drop it or some how damage it, maybe even not even finish it in which cases not a big loss.  I dropped an $8 cigar in the pool the other day about 3 puffs after lighting it and would have been much happier if it were a $2.50 decent smoking yard gar.  About 3 months aging and those PDR's are pretty damn good actually.

dogdays

« Reply #371 on: September 12, 2014, 03:53:46 PM »

25 cigars
its not illegal
Have tried many of them many time when visiting overseas and rarely find them as being even as good as a nice quality Dominican or Nicaraguan cigar. What T Dave said is absolutely correct.  Deal is if they catch them you lose the cigars and the seller keeps your money then you might get fined a few hundred $ not a big deal unless you ever have to pass a background check of any depth then you are fuct.  Nothing wrong with liking you them though!
I hear what you are saying  and it makes sense  .

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #372 on: September 12, 2014, 03:55:21 PM »

The main theme is to buy what you like and smoke them with pleasure in mind!

dogdays

« Reply #373 on: September 12, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »

Fishing and yard gar theory is you might drop it or some how damage it, maybe even not even finish it in which cases not a big loss.  I dropped an $8 cigar in the pool the other day about 3 puffs after lighting it and would have been much happier if it were a $2.50 decent smoking yard gar.  About 3 months aging and those PDR's are pretty damn good actually.
Don't get me wrong , I like a good yard gar .

dogdays

« Reply #374 on: September 12, 2014, 03:57:22 PM »

The main theme is to buy what you like and smoke them with pleasure in mind!
Indeed .
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30