Anyone tried the Romeo y Julieta Media Noche yet? Tempted to get the weekend special to try them out.
Antnee had some interest as well, but I don't know of anyone that has tried them.  Might even try something like this if offered on the jam or price came down:  http://www.cigarsinternational.com/samplers/85259/media-noche-intro-sampler/#p-158030
No interest in the Upmann, had the Monte. The RyJ is up for the weekend special, 10 at 39$ and a cheap cutter.

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=390&mc=CG0006

That is the one I was thinking of going for.
The Monte they've been selling for years and appears to be a little darker.  Otherwise, I think they're all the same shit; CI exclusives.  For the money, I'd go with the deal above.  Plus, who the fuck needs another cheap ass cutter?

14 Tatuaje La Casita Criolla corona
           5/25.00
13 Rocky Patel Royal Vintage Gordo
          10/37.50
12 La Perla Habano Morado Belicoso
          10/27.50
11 Padron 2000 Robusto
            4/20.80
10 Pinar del Rio Reserva Limitada
          10/27.50
  9 Liga Privada Undercrown Belicoso
           5/27.50
  8 Ramon Bueso Odyssey Toro
         10/32.50
  7 My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petite Robusto
          5/25.00
  6 CAO Black Gothic
         10/32.50
  5 Perdomo Habano Maduro Robusto
          5/22.50
  4 Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve Churchill
         10/34.99
  3 Padilla 1932 Torpedo
          5/24.50
  2 E.P. Carrillo New Wave Brillantes
         10/29.99
  1 Oliva Serie 'V'
          5/29.50
Logged

Ogie

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *

Anyone tried the Romeo y Julieta Media Noche yet? Tempted to get the weekend special to try them out.
I'm intrigued too but also very leery.
In an interview, Larry Palumbo stated that the blenders at Altadis blend "a cigar" and then it's up to the marketing team to label it Monte, H. Upmann, RyJ.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter

Anyone tried the Romeo y Julieta Media Noche yet? Tempted to get the weekend special to try them out.
I'm intrigued too but also very leery.
In an interview, Larry Palumbo stated that the blenders at Altadis blend "a cigar" and then it's up to the marketing team to label it Monte, H. Upmann, RyJ.
Sounds right.  How goes it, Ogie?
Logged

Ogie

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *

Anyone tried the Romeo y Julieta Media Noche yet? Tempted to get the weekend special to try them out.
I'm intrigued too but also very leery.
In an interview, Larry Palumbo stated that the blenders at Altadis blend "a cigar" and then it's up to the marketing team to label it Monte, H. Upmann, RyJ.
Sounds right.  How goes it, Ogie?
Goes well, thanks.  You?

Anyone tried the Romeo y Julieta Media Noche yet? Tempted to get the weekend special to try them out.
Antnee had some interest as well, but I don't know of anyone that has tried them.  Might even try something like this if offered on the jam or price came down:  http://www.cigarsinternational.com/samplers/85259/media-noche-intro-sampler/#p-158030
No interest in the Upmann, had the Monte. The RyJ is up for the weekend special, 10 at 39$ and a cheap cutter.

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=390&mc=CG0006

That is the one I was thinking of going for.
The Monte they've been selling for years and appears to be a little darker.  Otherwise, I think they're all the same shit; CI exclusives.
CI exclusives yes, but they have different leaf makeup.  Somebody had put up the comparison when we discussed them a couple of weeks ago.  RyJ is San Andres, H. Upmann is PA Broadleaf, and Monte's are Conn. Broadleaf.

Morning four star!
Morning Senior Status!
Pretty bad Dave and a Yellow 4 Star Schoolboy are Senior Status and Tony is an Associate.  Another Performance Based Management example.

Morning four star!
Morning Senior Status!
Pretty bad Dave and a Yellow 4 Star Schoolboy are Senior Status and Tony is an Associate.  Another Performance Based Management example.
Just now noticed the changes. I'm thinking, "what the fuck are these guys talking about?" You know, moreso than usual.

Interesting different Tat offering for the jam.....not for everybody, a bit in your face and rough around the edges, but an interesting smoke.

Morning four star!
Morning Senior Status!
Pretty bad Dave and a Yellow 4 Star Schoolboy are Senior Status and Tony is an Associate.  Another Performance Based Management example.
I figured that was mob related :)

Morning four star!
Morning Senior Status!
Pretty bad Dave and a Yellow 4 Star Schoolboy are Senior Status and Tony is an Associate.  Another Performance Based Management example.
Just now noticed the changes. I'm thinking, "what the fuck are these guys talking about?" You know, moreso than usual.
I was gonna say, that would be a normal response.  Glad you clarified.
Logged

cannonfodder

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • Mmmmm, Pie...

Morning four star!
Morning Senior Status!
Pretty bad Dave and a Yellow 4 Star Schoolboy are Senior Status and Tony is an Associate.  Another Performance Based Management example.
I figured that was mob related :)
Keep those comments up and you might find yourself down to two stars...