Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/6/2014
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2014, 12:44:51 PM »

Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/6/2014
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2014, 12:45:30 PM »

Huh.  That's odd.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2014, 12:45:37 PM »

okay, now the Partagas Black tubo. Jeep done.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/6/2014
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2014, 12:48:28 PM »

Whatever, the images work and the tags are showing up.  Tony, have you been fucking with the settings again?

Anywho, the RG isn't the prettiest little smoke.  I picked one of the worst looking ones to start first.  Not all of them have the coarse seams and bunching around veins or foot damage.  Nice shade wrapper.  Slight variance across the box--a few a little lighter, a few a little darker, but nothing major.

Prelight aroma is mild.  Honey sweet tobacco with some floral accents.  Just a dash of pepper at the foot.

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2014, 12:52:46 PM »

Whatever, the images work and the tags are showing up.  Tony, have you been fucking with the settings again?

Anywho, the RG isn't the prettiest little smoke.  I picked one of the worst looking ones to start first.  Not all of them have the coarse seams and bunching around veins or foot damage.  Nice shade wrapper.  Slight variance across the box--a few a little lighter, a few a little darker, but nothing major.

Prelight aroma is mild.  Honey sweet tobacco with some floral accents.  Just a dash of pepper at the foot.
No sir.  I haven't done anything since I enabled Tapatalk.  Wonder if it's a space issue.  I may wind up deleting attachments from old posts, if that's the case.  I doubt it though.  I ain't looking into it until tomorrow.  Heading to bed after my next post.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/6/2014
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2014, 12:53:27 PM »

Whatever, the images work and the tags are showing up.  Tony, have you been fucking with the settings again?

Anywho, the RG isn't the prettiest little smoke.  I picked one of the worst looking ones to start first.  Not all of them have the coarse seams and bunching around veins or foot damage.  Nice shade wrapper.  Slight variance across the box--a few a little lighter, a few a little darker, but nothing major.

Prelight aroma is mild.  Honey sweet tobacco with some floral accents.  Just a dash of pepper at the foot.
No sir.  I haven't done anything since I enabled Tapatalk.  Wonder if it's a space issue.  I may wind up deleting attachments from old posts, if that's the case.  I doubt it though.  I ain't looking into it until tomorrow.  Heading to bed after my next post.

Is that a promise?

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2014, 12:54:09 PM »

May those men rest in peace.  Be safe Mr. Glass.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2014, 12:55:01 PM »

I'm starting to take this shit personally.  Fuck this, I'm going to bed.
Buh Bi, Tony
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/6/2014
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2014, 12:58:26 PM »

Small punch on the Vector/Bugatti lighter reveals a great draw, just a touch of resistance.  For a small 4x40 smoke like this, that's important, imo.

Cold draw has some herbal and woody notes.

Quick and easy light, plenty of smoke.  Initial flavors are creamy sweet tobacco, touch of coffee, and a light amount of pepper.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2014, 01:00:31 PM »

what's Tapatalk?
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/6/2014
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2014, 01:04:18 PM »

what's Tapatalk?
thats how Tony makes money on us.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/6/2014
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2014, 01:05:33 PM »

Small punch on the Vector/Bugatti lighter reveals a great draw, just a touch of resistance.  For a small 4x40 smoke like this, that's important, imo.

Cold draw has some herbal and woody notes.

Quick and easy light, plenty of smoke.  Initial flavors are creamy sweet tobacco, touch of coffee, and a light amount of pepper.
Will the coronas are a fair price, I like that blend. See if it picks up as you go along, the 2nd 1/2 of the corona was great!
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/6/2014
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2014, 01:09:55 PM »

Small punch on the Vector/Bugatti lighter reveals a great draw, just a touch of resistance.  For a small 4x40 smoke like this, that's important, imo.

Cold draw has some herbal and woody notes.

Quick and easy light, plenty of smoke.  Initial flavors are creamy sweet tobacco, touch of coffee, and a light amount of pepper.
Will the coronas are a fair price, I like that blend. See if it picks up as you go along, the 2nd 1/2 of the corona was great!

Puroexpress lists $142 for a box of 25 Corona extras and that's a solid price for that vitola.  Alas, they're out of stock.

They also have a sleeve of 25 the Perlas for $70.  Given that most  minuto type vitolas go for the $100/box range, this being ever so slightly smaller at 30% less is a good price, imo.

Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/6/2014
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2014, 01:21:52 PM »

Flavors after the first inch or so.

The flavors are complex or a bit muddy.  Depends on how you want to spin it.  Since it tastes very good, especially for 1 day OTT (Sep '12 box), I'll go with complex.

Mild amount of pepper--think easy going Hoyo.  Sweet tobacco.  I'm getting a mix of coffee with cream and sugar type flavor, chocolaty notes, touch of leather (that seems to be growing a little), general woody/oak flavor.   As I go, the body/core tobacco note is getting stronger.

Overall medium bodied with a fairly rich flavor that is sweet.

Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/6/2014
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2014, 01:25:11 PM »

Flavors after the first inch or so.

The flavors are complex or a bit muddy.  Depends on how you want to spin it.  Since it tastes very good, especially for 1 day OTT (Sep '12 box), I'll go with complex.

Mild amount of pepper--think easy going Hoyo.  Sweet tobacco.  I'm getting a mix of coffee with cream and sugar type flavor, chocolaty notes, touch of leather (that seems to be growing a little), general woody/oak flavor.   As I go, the body/core tobacco note is getting stronger.

Overall medium bodied with a fairly rich flavor that is sweet.
I think you made a good buy.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10