CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 15, 2019, 12:01:03 AM

Title: 10/15/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on October 15, 2019, 12:01:03 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!!
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: bluecollar on October 15, 2019, 05:38:20 AM
Good morning. The over nights have been getting pretty chilly.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2019, 05:40:25 AM
Good morning. The over nights have been getting pretty chilly.
Ain't that the truth. Haven't turned on our heat yet, but honestly, we probably should have. Lol
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: bluecollar on October 15, 2019, 05:59:42 AM
Good morning. The over nights have been getting pretty chilly.
Ain't that the truth. Haven't turned on our heat yet, but honestly, we probably should have. Lol
Good morning Dave. My heat has been on for 2 weeks. Doesn't run too much in afternoon but 38 is cold
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2019, 06:06:18 AM
Good morning. The over nights have been getting pretty chilly.
Ain't that the truth. Haven't turned on our heat yet, but honestly, we probably should have. Lol
Good morning Dave. My heat has been on for 2 weeks. Doesn't run too much in afternoon but 38 is cold
Our house was 60 this morning. That's the coldest it's gotten so far. If I didn't have to come to work, I'd have turned the heat on then, but I didn't want it to go for the first time without being there to make sure everything fires ok.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 06:41:16 AM
Good morning. The over nights have been getting pretty chilly.
Get those boilers stoked!  Morning Rick
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 06:43:17 AM
Good morning. The over nights have been getting pretty chilly.
Ain't that the truth. Haven't turned on our heat yet, but honestly, we probably should have. Lol
That's what blankets and sweatshirts are for.  Sheesh.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 06:44:13 AM
Morning FreezeEmOutDave.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 06:45:12 AM
Calling for frost Friday morning here in the higher elevations.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2019, 06:49:47 AM
Good morning. The over nights have been getting pretty chilly.
Ain't that the truth. Haven't turned on our heat yet, but honestly, we probably should have. Lol
That's what blankets and sweatshirts are for.  Sheesh.
Yeah, that's pretty much what we've figured so far.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 06:54:49 AM
Today is Tuesday, Oct. 15, the 288th day of 2019. There are 77 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On Oct. 15, 1991, despite sexual harassment allegations by Anita Hill, the Senate narrowly confirmed the nomination of Clarence Thomas to the U.S. Supreme Court, 52-48.

On this date:
In 1783, the first manned balloon flight took place in Paris as Jean-Francois Pilatre de Rozier ascended in a basket attached to a tethered Montgolfier hot-air balloon, rising to about 75 feet.
In 1917, Dutch exotic dancer Mata Hari (Margaretha ZelleGeertruida MacLeod), 41, convicted by a French military court of spying for the Germans, was executed by a firing squad outside Paris. (Maintaining her innocence to the end, Mata Hari refused a blindfold and blew a kiss to her executioners.)
In 1940, Charles Chaplin's first all-talking comedy, "The Great Dictator," a lampoon of Adolf Hitler, opened in New York.
In 1945, the former premier of Vichy France, Pierre Laval, was executed for treason.
In 1946, Nazi war criminal Hermann Goering (GEH'-reeng) fatally poisoned himself hours before he was to have been executed.
In 1954, Hurricane Hazel made landfall on the Carolina coast as a Category 4 storm; Hazel was blamed for some 1,000 deaths in the Caribbean, 95 in the U.S. and 81 in Canada.
In 1976, in the first debate of its kind between vice-presidential nominees, Democrat Walter F. Mondale and Republican Bob Dole faced off in Houston.
In 1989, South African officials released eight prominent political prisoners, including Walter Sisulu (sih-SOO'-loo).
In 2001, Bethlehem Steel Corp. filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
In 2003, eleven people were killed when a Staten Island ferry slammed into a maintenance pier. (The ferry's pilot, who'd blacked out at the controls, later pleaded guilty to eleven counts of manslaughter.)
In 2006, three members of Duke University's lacrosse team appeared on CBS' "60 Minutes" to deny raping a woman who'd been hired to perform as a stripper (Collin Finnerty, Reade Seligmann and David Evans were later exonerated).
In 2017, actress and activist Alyssa Milano tweeted that women who had been sexually harassed or assaulted should write "Me too" as a status; within hours, tens of thousands had taken up the #MeToo hashtag (using a phrase that had been introduced 10 years earlier by social activist Tarana Burke.)
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 06:55:38 AM
Ten years ago: A report of a 6-year-old Colorado boy trapped inside a runaway helium balloon engrossed the nation before the boy, Falcon Heene (HEE'-nee), was found safe at home in what turned out to be a hoax. (Falcon's parents served up to a month in jail.)

Five years ago: Fresh signs of slow global economic growth and the Ebola crisis sent stocks on Wall Street tumbling as much as 460 points in the most turbulent day since 2011 before partially recovering; European shares slid as well. The Kansas City Royals advanced to their first World Series since 1985 after finishing a four-game sweep in the AL Championship Series with a 2-1 victory over the Baltimore Orioles. The San Francisco Giants came within one game of winning the NL Championship Series with a 6-4 win over the St. Louis Cardinals.

One year ago: Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen died in Seattle at the age of 65 from complications of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma; he had used the billions from the company he founded with childhood friend Bill Gates to invest in conservation, space travel, arts and culture and professional sports. Massachusetts Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren released a DNA analysis that she said indicated that she has some Native American heritage; the move was intended as a rebuttal to President Donald Trump, who had mocked those claims. (A Stanford University expert concluded that Warren had a Native American ancestor who probably lived six to 10 generations ago.) Sears filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, with plans to shutter 142 unprofitable stores. Kensington Palace announced that Britain's Prince Harry and his wife, the former Meghan Markle, were expecting their first child in the spring. (The baby boy, born May 6, was named Archie.)
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 06:58:30 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Jazz musician Freddy Cole is 88.
Singer Barry McGuire is 84.
Actress Linda Lavin is 82.
Rock musician Don Stevenson (Moby Grape) is 77.
Baseball Hall of Famer Jim Palmer is 74.
Singer-musician Richard Carpenter is 73.
Actor Victor Banerjee is 73.
Former tennis player Roscoe Tanner is 68.
Singer Tito Jackson is 66.
Actor-comedian Larry Miller is 66.
Actor Jere Burns is 65.
Movie director Mira Nair is 62.
Britain's Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, is 60.
Chef Emeril Lagasse (EM'-ur-ul leh-GAH'-see) is 60.
Actress Tanya Roberts is 60.
Rock musician Mark Reznicek (REHZ'-nih-chehk) is 57.
Singer Eric Benet (beh-NAY') is 53.
Actress Vanessa Marcil is 51.
Singer-actress-TV host Paige Davis is 50.
Country singer Kimberly Schlapman (Little Big Town) is 50.
Actor Dominic West is 50.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Ginuwine (JIHN'-yoo-wyn) is 49.
Actor Devon Gummersall is 41.
Actor Chris Olivero is 40.
Christian singer-actress Jaci (JAK'-ee) Velasquez is 40
Actor Brandon Jay McLaren is 39.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Keyshia Cole is 38.
Actor Vincent Martella is 27.
Actress Bailee Madison is 20.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 06:59:09 AM
Thought for Today: "A friend to all is a friend to none." — Aristotle, Greek philosopher (384 B.C.-322 B.C.).
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 07:00:50 AM
How about them Tuesdays?
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 07:01:51 AM
Good morning. The over nights have been getting pretty chilly.
Ain't that the truth. Haven't turned on our heat yet, but honestly, we probably should have. Lol
Same here. I'm gonna hold out as long as I can. (TWSS)
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 07:09:27 AM
Good morning. The over nights have been getting pretty chilly.
Ain't that the truth. Haven't turned on our heat yet, but honestly, we probably should have. Lol
Good morning Dave. My heat has been on for 2 weeks. Doesn't run too much in afternoon but 38 is cold
Our house was 60 this morning. That's the coldest it's gotten so far. If I didn't have to come to work, I'd have turned the heat on then, but I didn't want it to go for the first time without being there to make sure everything fires ok.
I'm actually working remotely today so maybe I should take care of that. It's only gotten as low as 64° in the house.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 07:13:11 AM
Good morning, Rick, LTG, and NearlyClosingDave.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 07:15:47 AM

Ten years ago: A report of a 6-year-old Colorado boy trapped inside a runaway helium balloon engrossed the nation before the boy, Falcon Heene (HEE'-nee), was found safe at home in what turned out to be a hoax. (Falcon's parents served up to a month in jail.)

You were missed. I don't remember this. One month wasn't enough. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 07:17:51 AM
Thought for Today: "A friend to all is a friend to none." — Aristotle, Greek philosopher (384 B.C.-322 B.C.).
"You got a friend in me" - Woody
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 07:18:42 AM
Good morning. The over nights have been getting pretty chilly.
Ain't that the truth. Haven't turned on our heat yet, but honestly, we probably should have. Lol
Same here. I'm gonna hold out as long as I can. (TWSS)
Maybe the elf can turn it on.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 07:24:29 AM

Ten years ago: A report of a 6-year-old Colorado boy trapped inside a runaway helium balloon engrossed the nation before the boy, Falcon Heene (HEE'-nee), was found safe at home in what turned out to be a hoax. (Falcon's parents served up to a month in jail.)

You were missed. I don't remember this. One month wasn't enough. Sheesh.
Always good to hear.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: bluecollar on October 15, 2019, 07:25:08 AM
Good morning. The over nights have been getting pretty chilly.
Get those boilers stoked!  Morning Rick
Good morning Dave and T.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 07:25:21 AM
Nothing worth a damn at either CI or the Sis today.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 07:36:37 AM
Thought for Today: "A friend to all is a friend to none." — Aristotle, Greek philosopher (384 B.C.-322 B.C.).
"You got a friend in me" - Woody
Actually, I think that was Randy Newman.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 07:38:37 AM
Nothing worth a damn at either CI or the Sis today.
Looking to make a purchase?
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2019, 07:39:44 AM
Good morning. The over nights have been getting pretty chilly.
Ain't that the truth. Haven't turned on our heat yet, but honestly, we probably should have. Lol
Good morning Dave. My heat has been on for 2 weeks. Doesn't run too much in afternoon but 38 is cold
Our house was 60 this morning. That's the coldest it's gotten so far. If I didn't have to come to work, I'd have turned the heat on then, but I didn't want it to go for the first time without being there to make sure everything fires ok.
I'm actually working remotely today so maybe I should take care of that. It's only gotten as low as 64° in the house.
Apparently, the wife turned it on for a bit when she got up. Smelled like the house was on fire, then shut it off. I told her we have this discussion every year about what it smells like the first time you turn it on in the fall. Somehow, she forgets every single year.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: flip from jersey on October 15, 2019, 07:39:46 AM
Thought for Today: "A friend to all is a friend to none." — Aristotle, Greek philosopher (384 B.C.-322 B.C.).
"You got a friend in me" - Woody
Actually, I think that was Randy Newman.
Randy sang it, Woody(or Tom hanks) spoke it.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 15, 2019, 07:41:16 AM
good morning Tuesday banter. lively morning.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: flip from jersey on October 15, 2019, 08:00:25 AM
Seems to have slowed down a bit, i have steam heat, with radiators (house built almost 100
years ago), no burning smell, except from dust on the radiators.  Going downstairs to make breakfast, and
take my medicine.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: sfish on October 15, 2019, 08:02:34 AM
Good morning boys, back from Bermuda. Had a great experience, kid was in his glory. He caught a fish that the hotel chef took and cooked for us and served at dinner that night as an appetizer
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 08:03:51 AM
Thought for Today: "A friend to all is a friend to none." — Aristotle, Greek philosopher (384 B.C.-322 B.C.).
"You got a friend in me" - Woody
Actually, I think that was Randy Newman.
Details, details...
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 08:04:48 AM
Nothing worth a damn at either CI or the Sis today.
Looking to make a purchase?
Not today.  But I'm always open to a superior deal.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 08:06:28 AM
Thought for Today: "A friend to all is a friend to none." — Aristotle, Greek philosopher (384 B.C.-322 B.C.).
"You got a friend in me" - Woody
Actually, I think that was Randy Newman.
Randy sang it, Woody(or Tom hanks) spoke it.
You tell him Flip!  Good morning to you.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 08:08:10 AM
Good morning boys, back from Bermuda. Had a great experience, kid was in his glory. He caught a fish that the hotel chef took and cooked for us and served at dinner that night as an appetizer
Good deal.  Nothing quite like fresh caught.  Black Bass?
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2019, 08:16:03 AM
Good morning boys, back from Bermuda. Had a great experience, kid was in his glory. He caught a fish that the hotel chef took and cooked for us and served at dinner that night as an appetizer
Sounds like an all around good time.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 08:16:07 AM
Off for house walk-through.  Later gents.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 08:17:12 AM
[...]
It's like you're talking about my home.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 08:17:53 AM
Thought for Today: "A friend to all is a friend to none." — Aristotle, Greek philosopher (384 B.C.-322 B.C.).
"You got a friend in me" - Woody
Actually, I think that was Randy Newman.
Randy sang it, Woody(or Tom hanks) spoke it.
Good morning, Flip and Dean.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 08:19:10 AM
Good morning boys, back from Bermuda. Had a great experience, kid was in his glory. He caught a fish that the hotel chef took and cooked for us and served at dinner that night as an appetizer
Very cool.

Good morning, Scott.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2019, 08:19:39 AM
[...]
LALTS
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 08:20:59 AM
Off for house walk-through.  Later gents.
How big is thid house? It would take me less than 60 second to walk through mine.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2019, 08:24:56 AM
Off for house walk-through.  Later gents.
How big is thid house? It would take me less than 60 second to walk through mine.
He's gonna spend lots of extra time in the Clemson Room.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2019, 08:26:37 AM
Good morning boys, back from Bermuda. Had a great experience, kid was in his glory. He caught a fish that the hotel chef took and cooked for us and served at dinner that night as an appetizer
Very cool.

Good morning, Scott.
Indeed.  FishermanJuniorFish
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2019, 08:28:36 AM
Off for house walk-through.  Later gents.
How big is thid house? It would take me less than 60 second to walk through mine.
The missing basement is going to be a big punch list item.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2019, 08:29:20 AM
Morning men. Waiting on the car getting some routine maintenance.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: sfish on October 15, 2019, 08:37:42 AM
Good morning boys, back from Bermuda. Had a great experience, kid was in his glory. He caught a fish that the hotel chef took and cooked for us and served at dinner that night as an appetizer
Good deal.  Nothing quite like fresh caught.  Black Bass?
It was a Red Hind, they went crazy for it because it's a really good tasting fish. He was a celebrity for that one, they said they're rare but coming back, haven't seen one in quite awhile
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2019, 08:42:28 AM
Good morning boys, back from Bermuda. Had a great experience, kid was in his glory. He caught a fish that the hotel chef took and cooked for us and served at dinner that night as an appetizer
Good deal.  Nothing quite like fresh caught.  Black Bass?
It was a Red Hind, they went crazy for it because it's a really good tasting fish. He was a celebrity for that one, they said they're rare but coming back, haven't seen one in quite awhile
Red Hind?  Sounds like a dish on Dean's menu.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: sfish on October 15, 2019, 08:43:31 AM
Good morning boys, back from Bermuda. Had a great experience, kid was in his glory. He caught a fish that the hotel chef took and cooked for us and served at dinner that night as an appetizer
Sounds like an all around good time.
He was fishing at the yellow X, we were swimming with cocktails at the red X, I could walk around the rocks in the water and check in
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2019, 08:44:45 AM
Good morning boys, back from Bermuda. Had a great experience, kid was in his glory. He caught a fish that the hotel chef took and cooked for us and served at dinner that night as an appetizer
Sounds like an all around good time.
He was fishing at the yellow X, we were swimming with cocktails at the red X, I could walk around the rocks in the water and check in
Looks like that course would provide some great views.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 08:44:54 AM
Morning men. Waiting on the car getting some routine maintenance.
Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2019, 08:45:08 AM
Good morning boys, back from Bermuda. Had a great experience, kid was in his glory. He caught a fish that the hotel chef took and cooked for us and served at dinner that night as an appetizer
Good deal.  Nothing quite like fresh caught.  Black Bass?
It was a Red Hind, they went crazy for it because it's a really good tasting fish. He was a celebrity for that one, they said they're rare but coming back, haven't seen one in quite awhile
Red Hind?  Sounds like a dish on Dean's menu.
CNS
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 08:45:40 AM
Good morning boys, back from Bermuda. Had a great experience, kid was in his glory. He caught a fish that the hotel chef took and cooked for us and served at dinner that night as an appetizer
Good deal.  Nothing quite like fresh caught.  Black Bass?
It was a Red Hind, they went crazy for it because it's a really good tasting fish. He was a celebrity for that one, they said they're rare but coming back, haven't seen one in quite awhile
Red Hind?  Sounds like a dish on Dean's menu.
LMFAO!
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 15, 2019, 09:16:37 AM
Good morning boys, back from Bermuda. Had a great experience, kid was in his glory. He caught a fish that the hotel chef took and cooked for us and served at dinner that night as an appetizer
Good deal.  Nothing quite like fresh caught.  Black Bass?
It was a Red Hind, they went crazy for it because it's a really good tasting fish. He was a celebrity for that one, they said they're rare but coming back, haven't seen one in quite awhile
Red Hind?  Sounds like a dish on Dean's menu.
LMFAO!
... and it's quite a menu at that.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 09:59:30 AM
Meeting time... Again.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 10:01:05 AM
LTG should be hazzuhing any second now. Have a great trip, Dave!
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2019, 10:11:38 AM
LTG should be hazzuhing any second now. Have a great trip, Dave!
Indeed I am, and indeed I will. I'll try to check in if I get to enjoy an evening smoke on the balcony. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 15, 2019, 10:19:22 AM
LTG should be hazzuhing any second now. Have a great trip, Dave!
Indeed I am, and indeed I will. I'll try to check in if I get to enjoy an evening smoke on the balcony. Hazzuh!
enjoy!!
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 15, 2019, 10:20:45 AM
everybody is either leaving, working, in meetings, or doing a walk about. guess I'll work on my reports for next month.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 11:19:53 AM
LTG should be hazzuhing any second now. Have a great trip, Dave!
Indeed I am, and indeed I will. I'll try to check in if I get to enjoy an evening smoke on the balcony. Hazzuh!
Here's hoping you're allowed. I was relegated to the parking lot the last time I was staying in a Florida hotel.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: bluecollar on October 15, 2019, 11:46:48 AM
Meeting time... Again.
I don't know who has more meetings. You or Dean?
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: bluecollar on October 15, 2019, 11:47:59 AM
LTG should be hazzuhing any second now. Have a great trip, Dave!
Indeed I am, and indeed I will. I'll try to check in if I get to enjoy an evening smoke on the balcony. Hazzuh!
Have fun Dave!
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: bluecollar on October 15, 2019, 11:49:14 AM
Nice picture Scott. Nice catch your son had. All looks awesome!
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: sfish on October 15, 2019, 12:03:54 PM
Good morning boys, back from Bermuda. Had a great experience, kid was in his glory. He caught a fish that the hotel chef took and cooked for us and served at dinner that night as an appetizer
Sounds like an all around good time.
He was fishing at the yellow X, we were swimming with cocktails at the red X, I could walk around the rocks in the water and check in
Looks like that course would provide some great views.
Indeed, I've played it twice it's pretty spectacular. The PGA is playing there at the end of the month, they were replacing all of the traps with pure white sand  ::)
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: sfish on October 15, 2019, 12:04:32 PM
Nice picture Scott. Nice catch your son had. All looks awesome!
Thanks Rick, the place is great and the people are even better
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 12:07:06 PM
Meeting time... Again.
I don't know who has more meetings. You or Dean?
No snacks at my meetings.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 15, 2019, 12:54:40 PM
getting quotes for mowing services. waiting for them to start showing up.

not a Monte fan but it was in the sampler.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 15, 2019, 12:56:50 PM
Meeting time... Again.
I don't know who has more meetings. You or Dean?
I average at least 15 per month.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2019, 01:10:04 PM
Meeting time... Again.
I don't know who has more meetings. You or Dean?
I average at least 15 per month.
Sheesh, that's more than my meetings and conference calls combined.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 01:19:25 PM
getting quotes for mowing services. waiting for them to start showing up.

not a Monte fan but it was in the sampler.
I always liked Monty Hall.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 15, 2019, 01:21:40 PM
getting quotes for mowing services. waiting for them to start showing up.

not a Monte fan but it was in the sampler.
I always liked Monte Hall.
Monty Python was pretty good too.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 15, 2019, 01:23:32 PM
Meeting time... Again.
I don't know who has more meetings. You or Dean?
I average at least 15 per month.
Sheesh, that's more than my meetings and conference calls combined.

3 business meetings and 1 teleconference a month. the rest are voluntary Attitude Adjustment meetings.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 01:24:05 PM
Good morning boys, back from Bermuda. Had a great experience, kid was in his glory. He caught a fish that the hotel chef took and cooked for us and served at dinner that night as an appetizer
Sounds like an all around good time.
He was fishing at the yellow X, we were swimming with cocktails at the red X, I could walk around the rocks in the water and check in
...or just look down from the gym...
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2019, 01:25:09 PM
Meeting time... Again.
I don't know who has more meetings. You or Dean?
I average at least 15 per month.
Sheesh, that's more than my meetings and conference calls combined.
3 business meetings and 1 teleconference a month. the rest are voluntary Attitude Adjustment meetings.
Does that count include drum circles?
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 01:25:22 PM
everybody is either leaving, working, in meetings, or doing a walk about. guess I'll work on my reports for next month.
Some of us come back.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 01:29:08 PM
Nice picture Scott. Nice catch your son had. All looks awesome!
Thanks Rick, the place is great and the people are even better
Best meal we ever had there was after a boat trip out. Brought home five different fish (left the rest with the boat owner), and Pompano cooked them all up differently. Had so much we had wait staff and cooks joining us to sample.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 01:29:34 PM
everybody is either leaving, working, in meetings, or doing a walk about. guess I'll work on my reports for next month.
Some of us come back.
And the rest lurk.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 01:30:33 PM
Good morning boys, back from Bermuda. Had a great experience, kid was in his glory. He caught a fish that the hotel chef took and cooked for us and served at dinner that night as an appetizer
Sounds like an all around good time.
He was fishing at the yellow X, we were swimming with cocktails at the red X, I could walk around the rocks in the water and check in
Looks like that course would provide some great views.
Indeed, I've played it twice it's pretty spectacular. The PGA is playing there at the end of the month, they were replacing all of the traps with pure white sand  ::)
Not pink?
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 01:44:18 PM
I once again have a home...sans furniture, but a home.  Pre lunch 300 Manos.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 01:51:00 PM
Most unusual house closing I've ever had...pay the money, hand me a receipt and the keys. No papers to sign, no lawyers.😁
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: sfish on October 15, 2019, 01:52:26 PM
Good morning boys, back from Bermuda. Had a great experience, kid was in his glory. He caught a fish that the hotel chef took and cooked for us and served at dinner that night as an appetizer
Sounds like an all around good time.
He was fishing at the yellow X, we were swimming with cocktails at the red X, I could walk around the rocks in the water and check in
Looks like that course would provide some great views.
Indeed, I've played it twice it's pretty spectacular. The PGA is playing there at the end of the month, they were replacing all of the traps with pure white sand  ::)
Not pink?
No, they removed that
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 02:02:11 PM
Most unusual house closing I've ever had...pay the money, hand me a receipt and the keys. No papers to sign, no lawyers.
Are you sure it's yours?
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 02:02:44 PM
Most unusual house closing I've ever had...pay the money, hand me a receipt and the keys. No papers to sign, no lawyers.
Seriously though, congratulations!
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: sfish on October 15, 2019, 02:19:31 PM
Most unusual house closing I've ever had...pay the money, hand me a receipt and the keys. No papers to sign, no lawyers.
Seriously though, congratulations!
Congratulations Dave, awesome!
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2019, 02:25:50 PM
Most unusual house closing I've ever had...pay the money, hand me a receipt and the keys. No papers to sign, no lawyers.
Seriously though, congratulations!
Congratulations Dave, awesome!
Indeed.  Looks like you have furniture where it counts, on the porch!
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 15, 2019, 02:37:38 PM
Meeting time... Again.
I don't know who has more meetings. You or Dean?
I average at least 15 per month.
Sheesh, that's more than my meetings and conference calls combined.
3 business meetings and 1 teleconference a month. the rest are voluntary Attitude Adjustment meetings.
Does that count include drum circles?
no, those are sporatic.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 15, 2019, 02:39:48 PM
Most unusual house closing I've ever had...pay the money, hand me a receipt and the keys. No papers to sign, no lawyers.
Are you sure it's yours?
hmmmm, sounds kind of crooked.

🎉🎉🎉🎉
Congratulations!
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 04:19:36 PM
Looks like we'll be sweating Game 3 out, Rick.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 04:42:53 PM
Most unusual house closing I've ever had...pay the money, hand me a receipt and the keys. No papers to sign, no lawyers.
Are you sure it's yours?
I got keys, I got receipts.....guess so...
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 04:43:53 PM
Most unusual house closing I've ever had...pay the money, hand me a receipt and the keys. No papers to sign, no lawyers.
Seriously though, congratulations!
Congratulations Dave, awesome!
Indeed.  Looks like you have furniture where it counts, on the porch!
Furniture arrives between Saturday and Tuesday.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 04:44:26 PM
Most unusual house closing I've ever had...pay the money, hand me a receipt and the keys. No papers to sign, no lawyers.
Are you sure it's yours?
hmmmm, sounds kind of crooked.

🎉🎉🎉🎉
Congratulations!
Well, it is the south...you should know....
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 05:33:58 PM
Most unusual house closing I've ever had...pay the money, hand me a receipt and the keys. No papers to sign, no lawyers.
Are you sure it's yours?
I got keys, I got receipts.....guess so...
Can't say I've ever received a receipt. Probably because the bank has always owned my houses.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 05:43:17 PM
SBC offer for today:

Tuesday Special!

Today we have one special running until midnight.

We also wanted to let folks know we have Warped Sky Flower arriving this week. We will have it online Thursday in packs and boxes. We also have a extremely small allotment of Viaje Full Moon coming plus Ghost Pepper which should arrive tomorrow or Thursday. Full Moon will most likely only be offered in a pack.

Categories
Dapper
La Barba
Room 101

CODE: TUESDAY = 20% off plus 5% reward points on above categories
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 05:44:51 PM
Most unusual house closing I've ever had...pay the money, hand me a receipt and the keys. No papers to sign, no lawyers.
Are you sure it's yours?
I got keys, I got receipts.....guess so...
Can't say I've ever received a receipt. Probably because the bank has always owned my houses.
Even when I paid off the mortgage in NJ, got a notice from the bank confirming satisfaction of the loan, but no ownership papers (like with a car).  They stay on file in the county (or State) .
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 06:00:33 PM
Most unusual house closing I've ever had...pay the money, hand me a receipt and the keys. No papers to sign, no lawyers.
Are you sure it's yours?
I got keys, I got receipts.....guess so...
Can't say I've ever received a receipt. Probably because the bank has always owned my houses.
Even when I paid off the mortgage in NJ, got a notice from the bank confirming satisfaction of the loan, but no ownership papers (like with a car).  They stay on file in the county (or State) .
Ahhhh.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2019, 07:22:06 PM
Most unusual house closing I've ever had...pay the money, hand me a receipt and the keys. No papers to sign, no lawyers.
Seriously though, congratulations!
Congratulations Dave, awesome!
Indeed.  Looks like you have furniture where it counts, on the porch!
Furniture arrives between Saturday and Tuesday.
Does this mean you are now officially ClemsonDave?
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 07:25:53 PM
Most unusual house closing I've ever had...pay the money, hand me a receipt and the keys. No papers to sign, no lawyers.
Are you sure it's yours?
I got keys, I got receipts.....guess so...
Can't say I've ever received a receipt. Probably because the bank has always owned my houses.
Even when I paid off the mortgage in NJ, got a notice from the bank confirming satisfaction of the loan, but no ownership papers (like with a car).  They stay on file in the county (or State) .
Sleeping on the floor tonight? That can't be good for your hip.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2019, 07:46:35 PM
LTG should be hazzuhing any second now. Have a great trip, Dave!
Indeed I am, and indeed I will. I'll try to check in if I get to enjoy an evening smoke on the balcony. Hazzuh!
Here's hoping you're allowed. I was relegated to the parking lot the last time I was staying in a Florida hotel.
We're in a condo, so should be good to go on our balcony.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2019, 07:47:17 PM
Doors closing on flight #1, on time. So far so good.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 07:56:37 PM
Doors closing on flight #1, on time. So far so good.
Safe travels.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 08:24:50 PM
Most unusual house closing I've ever had...pay the money, hand me a receipt and the keys. No papers to sign, no lawyers.
Seriously though, congratulations!
Congratulations Dave, awesome!
Indeed.  Looks like you have furniture where it counts, on the porch!
Furniture arrives between Saturday and Tuesday.
Does this mean you are now officially ClemsonDave?
Yes, I guess it does. I do need to make one more trip to NJ  to transport booze, cigars and a few other things down.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2019, 08:29:44 PM
Most unusual house closing I've ever had...pay the money, hand me a receipt and the keys. No papers to sign, no lawyers.
Are you sure it's yours?
I got keys, I got receipts.....guess so...
Can't say I've ever received a receipt. Probably because the bank has always owned my houses.
Even when I paid off the mortgage in NJ, got a notice from the bank confirming satisfaction of the loan, but no ownership papers (like with a car).  They stay on file in the county (or State) .
Sleeping on the floor tonight? That can't be good for your hip.
Sleeping at my son's. Furniture arrives between Saturday and Tuesday.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2019, 09:37:56 PM
Most unusual house closing I've ever had...pay the money, hand me a receipt and the keys. No papers to sign, no lawyers.
Seriously though, congratulations!
Congratulations Dave, awesome!
Indeed.  Looks like you have furniture where it counts, on the porch!
Furniture arrives between Saturday and Tuesday.
Does this mean you are now officially ClemsonDave?
Yes, I guess it does. I do need to make one more trip to NJ  to transport booze, cigars and a few other things down.
Won't it be interesting to watch NJ recede in the rear view mirror.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 09:40:48 PM
Most unusual house closing I've ever had...pay the money, hand me a receipt and the keys. No papers to sign, no lawyers.
Seriously though, congratulations!
Congratulations Dave, awesome!
Indeed.  Looks like you have furniture where it counts, on the porch!
Furniture arrives between Saturday and Tuesday.
Does this mean you are now officially ClemsonDave?
Yes, I guess it does. I do need to make one more trip to NJ  to transport booze, cigars and a few other things down.
Won't it be interesting to watch NJ recede in the rear view mirror.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2019, 10:56:04 PM
Stuck at the gate on plane 2. Maintenance issue. Figures.
Title: Re: 10/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2019, 10:59:48 PM
Stuck at the gate on plane 2. Maintenance issue. Figures.
American?