CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: 3/6/2015  (Read 65473 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 3/6/2015
« Reply #360 on: March 06, 2015, 09:32:32 PM »

Evening, OtroDavid.

Sheesh, it interprets an accented I followed by a d as an emoticon.
Evening UnicoRaz. Got the Glock, eh?
Yeas indeed. Got a good deal.
40 cal?
Yup. Glock 22 Gen 4. I'd been looking at a Springfield XD, and liked the ergonomics slightly better, but the deal on the Glock was irresistible.

Sorry to be slow responding. Had to drive home from the park & ride.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #361 on: March 06, 2015, 09:34:45 PM »

Sheesh!  You know it's getting bad when you get a Sheesh! in a Walgreen's commercial!
They're commies.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #362 on: March 06, 2015, 09:35:37 PM »

Sheesh!  You know it's getting bad when you get a Sheesh! in a Walgreen's commercial!
Evening Breath of Cigar!
LFD Airbender Maduro going here.  Desert.
I would love to fire up a cigar, but warden's finishing dinner.

YAD

• Yet Another Member
  • Junior Status
  • White stars are the best
« Reply #363 on: March 06, 2015, 09:37:55 PM »

Evening, OtroDavid.

40 cal?
Yup. Glock 22 Gen 4. I'd been looking at a Springfield XD, and liked the ergonomics slightly better, but the deal on the Glock was irresistible.

All good, Brett.  Understood.  I'm glad I live in a big small town and don't have a commute.  You can get after market grips for the Glock.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #364 on: March 06, 2015, 10:16:59 PM »

Evening, OtroDavid.

40 cal?

All good, Brett.  Understood.  I'm glad I live in a big small town and don't have a commute.  You can get after market grips for the Glock.
I dunno that the Gen 4 needs much improving. The XD touts that it has the identical grip angle to a 1911. But in look and feel it's more like a Browning High Power. The Glock seems to borrow a page from the 1911A1, with the bulge in the handle subbing for a rounded backstrap. Since I carry a 1943 A1, both the Springfield and the Glock obviously fall in my ballpark. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

But I really like the stippling on the Gen 4. So I don't feel much need to tweak.

YAD

• Yet Another Member
  • Junior Status
« Reply #365 on: March 06, 2015, 10:45:05 PM »

Evening, OtroDavid.

40 cal?

I dunno that the Gen 4 needs much improving. The XD touts that it has the identical grip angle to a 1911. But in look and feel it's more like a Browning High Power. The Glock seems to borrow a page from the 1911A1, with the bulge in the handle subbing for a rounded backstrap. Since I carry a 1943 A1, both the Springfield and the Glock obviously fall in my ballpark. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

But I really like the stippling on the Gen 4. So I don't feel much need to tweak.
If I was shooting .45, I would opt for a 1911 style, but not for a CCW.  Always looked at the 1911 as a "battle" weapon anyhoo.  Never was a fan of having to add to a handgun to make it feel right either.  More into having the the gun "feel good" and adapting my handling of it to that aspect of the gun.  I've got an old 60's Charter .38 Undercover for my CC.  Not a range weapon for sure.  Not a battle gun either, but if I can't get myself out of trouble with 5 shots, I'm dead anyway.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #366 on: March 06, 2015, 10:45:59 PM »

Evening, OtroDavid.

40 cal?

Got the flat blackstrap on my 1911 simply because it fit better in my hand.

YAD

• Yet Another Member
  • Junior Status
« Reply #367 on: March 06, 2015, 11:08:50 PM »

Somebody remember to lock up.  Night gents.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #368 on: March 06, 2015, 11:59:28 PM »

Good night all...
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]