Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

« Reply #360 on: March 06, 2015, 09:32:32 PM »

Evening, OtroDavid.

Sheesh, it interprets an accented I followed by a d as an emoticon.
Evening UnicoRaz. Got the Glock, eh?
Yeas indeed. Got a good deal.
40 cal?
Yup. Glock 22 Gen 4. I'd been looking at a Springfield XD, and liked the ergonomics slightly better, but the deal on the Glock was irresistible.

Sorry to be slow responding. Had to drive home from the park & ride.

« Reply #361 on: March 06, 2015, 09:34:45 PM »

Sheesh!  You know it's getting bad when you get a Sheesh! in a Walgreen's commercial!
They're commies.

« Reply #362 on: March 06, 2015, 09:35:37 PM »

Sheesh!  You know it's getting bad when you get a Sheesh! in a Walgreen's commercial!
Evening Breath of Cigar!
LFD Airbender Maduro going here.  Desert.
I would love to fire up a cigar, but warden's finishing dinner.
Logged

YAD

  • Yet Another Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • White stars are the best
Re: 3/6/2015
« Reply #363 on: March 06, 2015, 09:37:55 PM »

Evening, OtroDavid.

Sheesh, it interprets an accented I followed by a d as an emoticon.
Evening UnicoRaz. Got the Glock, eh?
Yeas indeed. Got a good deal.
40 cal?
Yup. Glock 22 Gen 4. I'd been looking at a Springfield XD, and liked the ergonomics slightly better, but the deal on the Glock was irresistible.

Sorry to be slow responding. Had to drive home from the park & ride.
All good, Brett.  Understood.  I'm glad I live in a big small town and don't have a commute.  You can get after market grips for the Glock.

« Reply #364 on: March 06, 2015, 10:16:59 PM »

Evening, OtroDavid.

Sheesh, it interprets an accented I followed by a d as an emoticon.
Evening UnicoRaz. Got the Glock, eh?
Yeas indeed. Got a good deal.
40 cal?
Yup. Glock 22 Gen 4. I'd been looking at a Springfield XD, and liked the ergonomics slightly better, but the deal on the Glock was irresistible.

Sorry to be slow responding. Had to drive home from the park & ride.
All good, Brett.  Understood.  I'm glad I live in a big small town and don't have a commute.  You can get after market grips for the Glock.
I dunno that the Gen 4 needs much improving. The XD touts that it has the identical grip angle to a 1911. But in look and feel it's more like a Browning High Power. The Glock seems to borrow a page from the 1911A1, with the bulge in the handle subbing for a rounded backstrap. Since I carry a 1943 A1, both the Springfield and the Glock obviously fall in my ballpark. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

But I really like the stippling on the Gen 4. So I don't feel much need to tweak.
Logged

YAD

  • Yet Another Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • White stars are the best
Re: 3/6/2015
« Reply #365 on: March 06, 2015, 10:45:05 PM »

[...]

If I was shooting .45, I would opt for a 1911 style, but not for a CCW.  Always looked at the 1911 as a "battle" weapon anyhoo.  Never was a fan of having to add to a handgun to make it feel right either.  More into having the the gun "feel good" and adapting my handling of it to that aspect of the gun.  I've got an old 60's Charter .38 Undercover for my CC.  Not a range weapon for sure.  Not a battle gun either, but if I can't get myself out of trouble with 5 shots, I'm dead anyway.

« Reply #366 on: March 06, 2015, 10:45:59 PM »

[...]

Got the flat blackstrap on my 1911 simply because it fit better in my hand.
Logged

YAD

  • Yet Another Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • White stars are the best
Re: 3/6/2015
« Reply #367 on: March 06, 2015, 11:08:50 PM »

Somebody remember to lock up.  Night gents.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 3/6/2015
« Reply #368 on: March 06, 2015, 11:59:28 PM »

Good night all...
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]