Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2022, 02:19:46 PM »

Page 4 hazzuh!

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2022, 05:52:43 PM »

Took the banter with me again. Sheesh.

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2022, 08:03:02 PM »

Was looking at pipes on Etsy and came across this gem:

http://alturl.com/dywpu
Interesting. Why were you looking at pipes?
I've never actually tried one before, so I thought maybe it was something I'd look into, get a little variety in my smoking experience.
I'm sure Rick and Tony can give you some pointers, so you don't have to stumble in blindly.
I have some tobaccos and a few pipes but don't really know what I'm doing. Haven't actually smoked one in about 5 years.
I'm sure I'll just pick a cheapish pipe and some tobacco I like the smell of and dive right in. Not really a better way to explore than that. Plus, it gives me an excuse to go to a B&M and explore their options. Now would be a good time to be close to a CI store, since the superstore has that whole room with pipe tobacco.

That being said, I welcome some pointers from Rick.
I can definitely help with my experiences. Fire away with any questions you might have. The right pipe and tobacco are going to be key for a good experience. It will not be like smoking a cigar but it can definitely be a good smoking experience.

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2022, 08:22:13 PM »

[...]

I think I'm gonna start with a cheapo pipe, see how I like it. If it's something I enjoy, then I'll look for something a little nicer.

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2022, 09:11:32 PM »

300 Hands maddie

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2022, 09:23:04 PM »

The house was in the 50s when I woke up so I decided to turn the furnace on... Nada.

Just so happens the plumber was on his way in to connect kitchen appliances and such. Hopefully it is just as simple as he had turned the gas off when he was disconnecting things. I doubt it though since the hot water was working.

We've got heat! Turns out that when the plumber cut the two radiators out for the first floor reno (kitchen and powder room), he hadn't yet capped the pipes to close the loop and therefore, it wouldn't turn on.

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2022, 09:58:41 PM »

The house was in the 50s when I woke up so I decided to turn the furnace on... Nada.

Just so happens the plumber was on his way in to connect kitchen appliances and such. Hopefully it is just as simple as he had turned the gas off when he was disconnecting things. I doubt it though since the hot water was working.

We've got heat! Turns out that when the plumber cut the two radiators out for the first floor reno (kitchen and powder room), he hadn't yet capped the pipes to close the loop and therefore, it wouldn't turn on.
Hooray!

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2022, 11:11:42 PM »

Country music icon Loretta Lyn dead at 90.
My personal obit for Loretta on Facebook today:

"Loretta Lynn is gone.

Some will remember Loretta as the worthy successor to Patsy Cline as the defining female voice in country music. Others will insist that there are only two defining voices in country music - Hank's and Loretta's. Period. There is significant truth in both assertions.

There are other women whose voices have been defininitive of country music. Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris, Tammy Wynette, June Carter Cash and Allison Krause spring to mind, and deservedly so.

But whether by virtue of talent and toughness or by happenstance of time, place, and longevity, Loretta Lynn will always seem to stand head and shoulders above all that follow her, and possibly all that came before. Only Loretta could sing "If you're looking at me, you're looking at country," and be taken at her word without debate.

The world is a lesser place without her in it.

May she rest in peace."
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]