Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 06:43:56 AM »

Thought for Today: "The devil is easy to identify. He appears when you're terribly tired and makes a very reasonable request which you know you shouldn't grant." - Fiorello LaGuardia, mayor of New York City (1882-1947).

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 06:51:45 AM »

Kids had their first day back from winter break today. Finally snapped the cold spell that caused a lot of schools in the area to close last week, even though my kids were still on break. And with the increased temps and precipitation today, the roads were sheets of ice. School closed. I'm sure the wife will be happy not to have to drive them, but at this point, they need to go back to school. Lol
We're supposed to get that ice for this evening.
The drive in this morning was a touch harrowing because of it. The highways weren't too bad, but the neighborhood streets were white knuckle driving at its best.

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2018, 06:52:43 AM »

My daughter is getting "laser eyes" today.  Good opportunity but still a little scary.
There's absolutely no way I'd ever get that done. Something goes wrong, I don't want to be the richest blind man in Ohio.

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2018, 07:15:14 AM »

Ugh! Still too cold to be waiting at a bus stop. Luckily the wait wasn't too long this morning.

Good morning, gents.

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2018, 07:15:44 AM »

Ugh! Still too cold to be waiting at a bus stop. Luckily the wait wasn't too long this morning.

Good morning, gents.
Morning, Chilly.

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2018, 07:18:19 AM »

Kids had their first day back from winter break today. Finally snapped the cold spell that caused a lot of schools in the area to close last week, even though my kids were still on break. And with the increased temps and precipitation today, the roads were sheets of ice. School closed. I'm sure the wife will be happy not to have to drive them, but at this point, they need to go back to school. Lol
My kids had one snow day and a late start thus far. I have a feeling they will be using all their built-in snow days this year.

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2018, 07:26:47 AM »

My daughter is getting "laser eyes" today.  Good opportunity but still a little scary.
There's absolutely no way I'd ever get that done. Something goes wrong, I don't want to be the richest blind man in Ohio.
I hear ya, but if there were even stories of that actually happening in reality, I don't think it would be as popular as it is.
But then again, I can't even manage to wear contacts.

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2018, 07:31:37 AM »

Ugh! Still too cold to be waiting at a bus stop. Luckily the wait wasn't too long this morning.

Good morning, gents.
Going to be downright balmy by the end of the week.

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2018, 07:44:14 AM »

Didn't win either lotter this weekend, so it's back to work...

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2018, 07:51:07 AM »

Morning Daves, Tony, and FavoriteDayDean.  Mid-60's for a high today.  Should be nice weather all week, too bad I'm going to NH tomorrow.    :(

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2018, 07:52:49 AM »

Ugh! Still too cold to be waiting at a bus stop. Luckily the wait wasn't too long this morning.

Good morning, gents.
Going to be downright balmy by the end of the week.
I'm ready for the weekend.

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2018, 07:53:32 AM »

Morning Daves, Tony, and FavoriteDayDean.  Mid-60's for a high today.  Should be nice weather all week, too bad I'm going to NH tomorrow.    :(
Ouch. Even colder there. Good morning, Mark.

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2018, 08:02:21 AM »

My daughter is getting "laser eyes" today.  Good opportunity but still a little scary.
There's absolutely no way I'd ever get that done. Something goes wrong, I don't want to be the richest blind man in Ohio.
I hear ya, but if there were even stories of that actually happening in reality, I don't think it would be as popular as it is.
But then again, I can't even manage to wear contacts.
I don't care if they've done it a million times in a row with no problems, you're not coming at my eyes with a laser beam. I'll take the contacts any day.

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2018, 08:11:29 AM »

My daughter is getting "laser eyes" today.  Good opportunity but still a little scary.
There's absolutely no way I'd ever get that done. Something goes wrong, I don't want to be the richest blind man in Ohio.
I hear ya, but if there were even stories of that actually happening in reality, I don't think it would be as popular as it is.
But then again, I can't even manage to wear contacts.
I don't care if they've done it a million times in a row with no problems, you're not coming at my eyes with a laser beam. I'll take the contacts any day.
Can't say I disagree....then again, I'm old, set in my ways and afraid of this newfangled technology.

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2018, 08:11:52 AM »

Ugh! Still too cold to be waiting at a bus stop. Luckily the wait wasn't too long this morning.

Good morning, gents.
Going to be downright balmy by the end of the week.
I'm ready for the weekend.
You got that right.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7