Pages: 1 [2] 3

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2018, 09:43:25 AM »

The one winning Mega Millions ticket was sold in Florida.  If we don't hear from Dean today, guess we'll know why.
haven't checked my numbers yet but not putting a lot of hope into it.
nope, I didn't match a single number. dang.

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2018, 10:54:07 AM »

Sobremesas all around today. And one must really gotta love the box to take the cigar.com deal for double the price with only 4 more cigars.
But it's a nice box...
TWSS

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2018, 10:54:39 AM »

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2018, 11:46:31 AM »

Happy Three Kings' Day, y'all.
Can you name them (without cheating)
No.
I gave you a hint with the Latin quote as it's initials are to be written in chalk over the doorway for good luck today...C+M+B

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2018, 11:50:41 AM »

Happy Three Kings' Day, y'all.
Can you name them (without cheating)
No.
I gave you a hint with the Latin quote as it's initials are to be written in chalk over the doorway for good luck today...C+M+B
Curly, Moe, and... Bill?

Edit: What does Mansionem translate too? Max?

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2018, 11:52:32 AM »

Happy Three Kings' Day, y'all.
Can you name them (without cheating)
No.
I gave you a hint with the Latin quote as it's initials are to be written in chalk over the doorway for good luck today...C+M+B
Curly, Moe, and... Bill?
my daughter says: Balthasar of Arabia, Melchior of Persia, and Gaspar of India.

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2018, 11:54:07 AM »

Also, today is the 12th day of Christmas
...and Twelfth Night,  the first day of Carnival

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2018, 11:59:11 AM »

Also, today is the 12th day of Christmas
...and Twelfth Night,  the first day of Carnival
celibate, celibate, dance to the music. LOL.

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2018, 11:59:15 AM »

Happy Three Kings' Day, y'all.
Can you name them (without cheating)
No.
I gave you a hint with the Latin quote as it's initials are to be written in chalk over the doorway for good luck today...C+M+B
Curly, Moe, and... Bill?

Edit: What does Mansionem translate too? Max?
It translates to May Christ bless this house.
But is also used to represent the three magi, Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar.  Thus the tradition of blessing houses on three kings day.

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2018, 12:00:27 PM »

Happy Three Kings' Day, y'all.
Can you name them (without cheating)
No.
I gave you a hint with the Latin quote as it's initials are to be written in chalk over the doorway for good luck today...C+M+B
Curly, Moe, and... Bill?

Edit: What does Mansionem translate too? Max?
It translates to May Christ bless this house.
But is also used to represent the three magi, Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar.  Thus the tradition of blessing houses on three kings day.
That must be Vatican I stuff, old timer.

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2018, 12:06:27 PM »

Happy Three Kings' Day, y'all.
Can you name them (without cheating)
No.
I gave you a hint with the Latin quote as it's initials are to be written in chalk over the doorway for good luck today...C+M+B
Curly, Moe, and... Bill?
my daughter says: Balthasar of Arabia, Melchior of Persia, and Gaspar of India.
Although there is some dispute, your daughter's comments are the generally accepted ones.

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2018, 12:06:59 PM »

Happy Three Kings' Day, y'all.
Can you name them (without cheating)
No.
I gave you a hint with the Latin quote as it's initials are to be written in chalk over the doorway for good luck today...C+M+B
Curly, Moe, and... Bill?

Edit: What does Mansionem translate too? Max?
It translates to May Christ bless this house.
But is also used to represent the three magi, Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar.  Thus the tradition of blessing houses on three kings day.
That must be Vatican I stuff, old timer.
I still know my mass in Latin.

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2018, 12:08:18 PM »

Happy Three Kings' Day, y'all.
Can you name them (without cheating)
No.
I gave you a hint with the Latin quote as it's initials are to be written in chalk over the doorway for good luck today...C+M+B
Curly, Moe, and... Bill?

Edit: What does Mansionem translate too? Max?
It translates to May Christ bless this house.
But is also used to represent the three magi, Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar.  Thus the tradition of blessing houses on three kings day.
That must be Vatican I stuff, old timer.
I still know my mass in Latin.
...also from having taken Latin and science degrees.

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2018, 03:07:55 PM »

Latin lull?

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2018, 03:35:05 PM »

Latin lull?
Indeedo!

Sorry, was making eggnog waffles for a late brunch. And soon we're off to M-i-l's for a Cuban dinner. Arroz con pollo, I think. Wife's cousin and aunt are leaving for Miami tomorrow. They were supposed to head back on Thursday and you know how that went.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3