CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on May 04, 2017, 12:02:07 AM

Title: 5/4/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on May 04, 2017, 12:02:07 AM
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2017, 01:19:12 AM
On to little friday.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2017, 01:20:47 AM
Today is Thursday, May 4, the 124th day of 2017. There are 241 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On May 4, 1942, the Battle of the Coral Sea, the first naval clash fought entirely with carrier aircraft, began in the Pacific during World War II. (The outcome was considered a tactical victory for Imperial Japan, but ultimately a strategic one for the Allies.)

On this date:

In 1776, Rhode Island declared its freedom from England, two months before the Declaration of Independence was adopted.

In 1830, the Edward Bulwer-Lytton novel "Paul Clifford," with its famous opening, "It was a dark and stormy night...," was first published in London.

In 1886, at Haymarket Square in Chicago, a labor demonstration for an 8-hour work day turned into a deadly riot when a bomb exploded.

In 1904, the United States took over construction of the Panama Canal from the French.

In 1916, Germany, responding to an ultimatum from President Woodrow Wilson, agreed to limit its submarine warfare. (However, Germany resumed unrestricted submarine warfare the following year.)

In 1932, mobster Al Capone, convicted of income-tax evasion, entered the federal penitentiary in Atlanta. (Capone was later transferred to Alcatraz Island.)

In 1959, the first Grammy Awards ceremony was held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Domenico Modugno won Record of the Year and Song of the Year for "Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)"; Henry Mancini won Album of the Year for "The Music from Peter Gunn."

In 1961, the first group of "Freedom Riders" left Washington, D.C., to challenge racial segregation on interstate buses and in bus terminals.

In 1970, Ohio National Guardsmen opened fire during an anti-war protest at Kent State University, killing four students and wounding nine others.

In 1980, Marshal Josip Broz Tito, president of Yugoslavia, died three days before his 88th birthday.

In 1994, Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and PLO leader Yasser Arafat signed an accord on Palestinian autonomy that granted self-rule in the Gaza Strip and Jericho.

In 2001, Bonny Lee Bakley, wife of actor Robert Blake, was shot to death as she sat in a car near a restaurant in Los Angeles. (Blake, accused of Bakley's murder, was acquitted in a criminal trial but found liable by a civil jury and ordered to pay damages.)
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2017, 01:21:26 AM
Ten years ago: A tornado destroyed most of Greensburg, Kansas, killing at least 11 people. A judge sentenced hotel heiress Paris Hilton to 45 days in the Los Angeles County jail for violating probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case by driving with a suspended license. (Hilton ended up serving three weeks.)

Five years ago: The U.S. and China outlined a tentative deal to send Chen Guangcheng (chehn gwahng-chung), a blind legal activist, to America for study and potentially bring a face-saving end to a delicate diplomatic crisis. (Chen left China on May 19, 2012.) Adam Yauch, 47, the gravelly-voiced rapper who helped make The Beastie Boys one of the seminal groups in hip-hop, died in New York. Game show producer Bob Stewart, 91, died in Los Angeles.

One year ago: Sipping filtered city water to show it was again drinkable, President Barack Obama promised to ride herd on leaders at all levels of government until every drop of water flowing into homes in Flint, Michigan, was safe to use. The last man standing in Donald Trump's path to the Republican nomination, Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sihk), ended his campaign, making Trump the party's presumptive nominee. Former U.S. Sen. Bob Bennett, R-Utah, a lawmaker who shied from the spotlight but earned a reputation as someone who knew how to get things done in Washington, died in Arlington, Virginia, at age 82.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2017, 01:22:02 AM
Today's Birthdays: The former president of Egypt, Hosni Mubarak, is 89. Katherine Jackson, matriarch of the Jackson musical family, is 87. Jazz musician Ron Carter is 80. Rock musician Dick Dale is 80. Pulitzer Prize-winning political commentator George Will is 76. Pop singer Peggy Santiglia Davison (The Angels) is 73. Actor Richard Jenkins is 70. Country singer Stella Parton is 68. Actor-turned-clergyman Hilly Hicks is 67. Irish musician Darryl Hunt (The Pogues) is 67. Singer Jackie Jackson (The Jacksons) is 66. Singer-actress Pia Zadora is 65. Rhythm-and-blues singer Oleta Adams is 64. Violinist Soozie Tyrell (Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band) is 60. Country singer Randy Travis is 58. Actress Mary McDonough is 56. Comedian Ana Gasteyer is 50. Actor Will Arnett is 47. Rock musician Mike Dirnt (Green Day) is 45. Contemporary Christian singer Chris Tomlin is 45. TV personality and fashion designer Kimora Lee Simmons is 42. Rock musician Jose Castellanos is 40. Sports reporter Erin Andrews is 39. Singer Lance Bass ('N Sync) is 38. Actress Ruth Negga is 36. Rapper/singer Jidenna is 32. Actor Alexander Gould is 23. Country singer RaeLynn is 23. Actress Amara (uh-MAH'-ruh) Miller is 17.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2017, 01:22:32 AM
Thought for Today: "When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." - Henry J. Kaiser, American industrialist (1882-1967).
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2017, 01:23:04 AM
May the 4s be with you!
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 04, 2017, 05:12:31 AM
Morning Team Builders!

Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 04, 2017, 05:26:15 AM
Clear and 60 degrees this morning, 79 and sunny for the afternoon.

Sunny and mid 80's for the weekend!
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on May 04, 2017, 05:52:38 AM
morning Daves. 70° here. AF CurlyHead delux and coffee. getting ready for an 8am doctor appointment and urologist at 10:30am, ct scan tomorrow at noon. having health care has it's drawbacks.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 04, 2017, 05:56:12 AM
morning Daves. 70° here. AF CurlyHead delux and coffee. getting ready for an 8am doctor appointment and urologist at 10:30am, ct scan tomorrow at noon. having health care has it's drawbacks.
Morning Dean, once you get on the healthcare wagon it becomes a full time job.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on May 04, 2017, 06:04:32 AM
morning Daves. 70° here. AF CurlyHead delux and coffee. getting ready for an 8am doctor appointment and urologist at 10:30am, ct scan tomorrow at noon. having health care has it's drawbacks.
Morning Dean, once you get on the healthcare wagon it becomes a full time job.
I see that. I could have done the ct scan at 4:30 today but didn't really want to spend the whole day in Ocala.
my heart isn't in it today.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 04, 2017, 06:14:57 AM
morning Daves. 70° here. AF CurlyHead delux and coffee. getting ready for an 8am doctor appointment and urologist at 10:30am, ct scan tomorrow at noon. having health care has it's drawbacks.
Morning Dean, once you get on the healthcare wagon it becomes a full time job.
I see that. I could have done the ct scan at 4:30 today but didn't really want to spend the whole day in Ocala.
my heart isn't in it today.
Yeah, I sure would not want to be that late in the day fooling with clinics.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 04, 2017, 06:47:31 AM
Time for another day of feel good therapy ::)
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: sfish on May 04, 2017, 06:54:36 AM
Good morning Dean and Dave
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2017, 07:31:56 AM
Pennsylvania is one long, boring ass state.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: sfish on May 04, 2017, 07:33:39 AM
Pennsylvania is one long, boring ass state.
And you won't be leaving it for a couple days, at least you're on the road
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2017, 07:40:18 AM
Pennsylvania is one long, boring ass state.
And you won't be leaving it for a couple days, at least you're on the road
I won't mind it when we're actually somewhere doing something. But 80 is just 300 miles of nothing. Lol
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: sfish on May 04, 2017, 07:41:36 AM
Pennsylvania is one long, boring ass state.
And you won't be leaving it for a couple days, at least you're on the road
I won't mind it when we're actually somewhere doing something. But 80 is just 300 miles of nothing. Lol
At least Nate is driving...tell him I said to drive fast and take chances
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 04, 2017, 07:53:06 AM
Good morning Dean and Dave
Morning Fish
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 04, 2017, 07:55:38 AM
May the 4s be with you!
The CA Leftie Moonbeam Dave must have been riding on the Battlestar Galactica last night.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2017, 08:21:55 AM
Pennsylvania is one long, boring ass state.
And you won't be leaving it for a couple days, at least you're on the road
I won't mind it when we're actually somewhere doing something. But 80 is just 300 miles of nothing. Lol
At least Nate is driving...tell him I said to drive fast and take chances
He's got his new sporty little coupe, I definitely don't have to tell him that. He's already shown me how hard it is to tell you're going 100 in it.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 08:22:12 AM
Pennsylvania is one long, boring ass state.
And you won't be leaving it for a couple days, at least you're on the road
I won't mind it when we're actually somewhere doing something. But 80 is just 300 miles of nothing. Lol
At least Nate is driving...tell him I said to drive fast and take chances
TWSS
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 08:23:17 AM
Pennsylvania is one long, boring ass state.
And you won't be leaving it for a couple days, at least you're on the road
I won't mind it when we're actually somewhere doing something. But 80 is just 300 miles of nothing. Lol
At least Nate is driving...tell him I said to drive fast and take chances
He's got his new sporty little coupe, I definitely don't have to tell him that. He's already shown me how hard it is to tell you're going 100 in it.
So it shouldn't take more than 3 hours to get there.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 08:24:33 AM
Good morning, smokers.

Speaking of which, did Nate let you christen the new car with cigar ash?
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2017, 08:37:42 AM
Good morning, smokers.

Speaking of which, did Nate let you christen the new car with cigar ash?
Lol, most definitely not.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: Threebean on May 04, 2017, 08:46:40 AM
Pennsylvania is one long, boring ass state.
And you won't be leaving it for a couple days, at least you're on the road
I won't mind it when we're actually somewhere doing something. But 80 is just 300 miles of nothing. Lol
Do that same drive in west Texas and get back to me.  At least you have trees to look at.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 08:47:09 AM
Good morning, smokers.

Speaking of which, did Nate let you christen the new car with cigar ash?
Lol, most definitely not.
Doesn't he have leather seats? You'll never know anyone was smoking in there. Tell him I said so.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2017, 08:56:49 AM
morning Daves. 70° here. AF CurlyHead delux and coffee. getting ready for an 8am doctor appointment and urologist at 10:30am, ct scan tomorrow at noon. having health care has it's drawbacks.
Yea, keeps you busy and removed from post hole digging and pool assembly.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2017, 08:57:47 AM
May the 4s be with you!
The CA Leftie Moonbeam Dave must have been riding on the Battlestar Galactica last night.
You didn't know today is Star Wars day?
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 04, 2017, 09:01:18 AM
May the 4s be with you!
The CA Leftie Moonbeam Dave must have been riding on the Battlestar Galactica last night.
You didn't know today is Star Wars day?
I knew but sure did not give a shit, not a no work day, drinking or smoking day.  Now tomorrow is a drinking day so that matters
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2017, 09:01:45 AM
Morning NotFridayYetDave, PokedProddedAndSampledDean, OnTheRoadAgainDave, EastCoastBean and GonnaBeSoggyFish.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2017, 09:04:55 AM
@Fishy....(and everybody else for that matter), had a Tabernacle (from Foundation Cigar) last night.  VERY nice cigar that I suggest you try sooner rather than later.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 09:10:21 AM
@Fishy....(and everybody else for that matter), had a Tabernacle (from Foundation Cigar) last night.  VERY nice cigar that I suggest you try sooner rather than later.
I had one about a two months back. I agree.

http://cigarbanter.com/forum/index.php/topic,1048.msg216264.html#msg216264
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2017, 09:10:41 AM
In addition to what are anticipated to be heavy mosquito populations this summer, now we have a new disease du jour to worry about from ticks...

Scientists have already said an unusually large abundance of acorns in the northeast two years ago fueled a population boom of white-footed mice last year. Dozens of ticks can attach to a single rodent, feed on its blood and acquire the bacteria that causes Lyme disease.

Now, many are concerned about Powassan virus (POW), associated with fever, vomiting, seizures and memory loss. About half of survivors have permanent neurological symptoms and 10% of all cases are fatal, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Symptoms usually show up one week or a month after the tick bite. No vaccines or medications are available to treat or prevent the virus infection, the CDC reports.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on May 04, 2017, 09:13:24 AM
morning Daves. 70° here. AF CurlyHead delux and coffee. getting ready for an 8am doctor appointment and urologist at 10:30am, ct scan tomorrow at noon. having health care has it's drawbacks.
Yea, keeps you busy and removed from post hole digging and pool assembly.

I finished the pool yesterday after golf.
one doctor appointment down one to go.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on May 04, 2017, 09:14:38 AM
Pennsylvania is one long, boring ass state.

I'd rather have that boring ass drive than chase doctor appointments all day, so GFY!
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2017, 09:19:12 AM
Pennsylvania is one long, boring ass state.

I'd rather have that boring ass drive than chase doctor appointments all day, so GFY!
No argument there.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: sfish on May 04, 2017, 09:31:13 AM
@Fishy....(and everybody else for that matter), had a Tabernacle (from Foundation Cigar) last night.  VERY nice cigar that I suggest you try sooner rather than later.
Sounds good

@LTG - Bring me a Tabernacle to the house, thanks!
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2017, 09:49:54 AM
@Fishy....(and everybody else for that matter), had a Tabernacle (from Foundation Cigar) last night.  VERY nice cigar that I suggest you try sooner rather than later.
Sounds good

@LTG - Bring me a Tabernacle to the house, thanks!
Watch how fast I go.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 10:02:48 AM
@Fishy....(and everybody else for that matter), had a Tabernacle (from Foundation Cigar) last night.  VERY nice cigar that I suggest you try sooner rather than later.
Sounds good

@LTG - Bring me a Tabernacle to the house, thanks!
Watch how fast I go.
Where are you now?
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2017, 10:13:40 AM
@Fishy....(and everybody else for that matter), had a Tabernacle (from Foundation Cigar) last night.  VERY nice cigar that I suggest you try sooner rather than later.
Sounds good

@LTG - Bring me a Tabernacle to the house, thanks!
Watch how fast I go.
Where are you now?
About 80 miles from Bethlehem.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2017, 10:18:43 AM
@Fishy....(and everybody else for that matter), had a Tabernacle (from Foundation Cigar) last night.  VERY nice cigar that I suggest you try sooner rather than later.
Sounds good

@LTG - Bring me a Tabernacle to the house, thanks!
Watch how fast I go.
Where are you now?
About 80 miles from Bethlehem.
You can almost smell the cigars from there!
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: sfish on May 04, 2017, 10:31:58 AM
@Fishy....(and everybody else for that matter), had a Tabernacle (from Foundation Cigar) last night.  VERY nice cigar that I suggest you try sooner rather than later.
Sounds good

@LTG - Bring me a Tabernacle to the house, thanks!
Watch how fast I go.
Where are you now?
About 80 miles from Bethlehem.
You can almost smell the cigars from there!
Do you have a plan for tomorrow, sir?
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2017, 10:36:21 AM
@Fishy....(and everybody else for that matter), had a Tabernacle (from Foundation Cigar) last night.  VERY nice cigar that I suggest you try sooner rather than later.
Sounds good

@LTG - Bring me a Tabernacle to the house, thanks!
Watch how fast I go.
Where are you now?
About 80 miles from Bethlehem.
You can almost smell the cigars from there!
Do you have a plan for tomorrow, sir?
Smoke, drink, eat, avoid rain drops. Lol
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: sfish on May 04, 2017, 10:41:05 AM
@Fishy....(and everybody else for that matter), had a Tabernacle (from Foundation Cigar) last night.  VERY nice cigar that I suggest you try sooner rather than later.
Sounds good

@LTG - Bring me a Tabernacle to the house, thanks!
Watch how fast I go.
Where are you now?
About 80 miles from Bethlehem.
You can almost smell the cigars from there!
Do you have a plan for tomorrow, sir?
Smoke, drink, eat, avoid rain drops. Lol
I know your plan, I was asking the other Dave CNS
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2017, 11:00:47 AM
@Fishy....(and everybody else for that matter), had a Tabernacle (from Foundation Cigar) last night.  VERY nice cigar that I suggest you try sooner rather than later.
Sounds good

@LTG - Bring me a Tabernacle to the house, thanks!
Watch how fast I go.
Where are you now?
About 80 miles from Bethlehem.
You can almost smell the cigars from there!
Do you have a plan for tomorrow, sir?
Smoke, drink, eat, avoid rain drops. Lol
I know your plan, I was asking the other Dave CNS
His is similar. ;)
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on May 04, 2017, 11:01:28 AM
@Fishy....(and everybody else for that matter), had a Tabernacle (from Foundation Cigar) last night.  VERY nice cigar that I suggest you try sooner rather than later.
Sounds good

@LTG - Bring me a Tabernacle to the house, thanks!
Watch how fast I go.
Where are you now?
About 80 miles from Bethlehem.
You can almost smell the cigars from there!
Do you have a plan for tomorrow, sir?
Smoke, drink, eat, avoid rain drops. Lol
I know your plan, I was asking the other Dave CNS

He's bringing the pork roll, bro...
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 04, 2017, 11:02:56 AM
Well we have finished with the cherades game
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on May 04, 2017, 11:02:59 AM
G'Morning, Fellas
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: sfish on May 04, 2017, 11:32:27 AM
G'Morning, Fellas
Pork roll, bro!
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2017, 11:34:29 AM
G'Morning, Fellas
Pork roll, bro!
Tony Romo, bro!
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on May 04, 2017, 11:40:39 AM
G'Morning, Fellas
Pork roll, bro!
Tony Romo, bro!

So, what's it lookin like, Dave? You driving in a downpour or what?
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: sfish on May 04, 2017, 11:47:16 AM
G'Morning, Fellas
Pork roll, bro!
Tony Romo, bro!

So, what's it lookin like, Dave? You driving in a downpour or what?
Beautiful today, it's tomorrow we have a problem with
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: razgueado on May 04, 2017, 11:55:29 AM
Morning, muchachos. Late checkin. Had to drive in so I can leave at noon for the annual church Trout Bums Roundup aka...150 guys getting together to fish, smoke cigars, drink (mostly responsibly), and let the sons run wild in the wilderness, climb, rappel, jump off cliffs into the lake, and generally carry on in ways that make wardens cringe (seriously). Good times.

This is why I couldn't go to CFest. I'm part of the team that organizes it.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on May 04, 2017, 12:03:10 PM
Morning, muchachos. Late checkin. Had to drive in so I can leave at noon for the annual church Trout Bums Roundup aka...150 guys getting together to fish, smoke cigars, drink (mostly responsibly), and let the sons run wild in the wilderness, climb, rappel, jump of cliffs into the lake, and generally carry on in ways that make wardens cringe (seriously). Good times.

This is why I couldn't go to CFest. I'm part of the team that organizes it.
Trout Bums Roundup, catchy name, do you have neat t-shirts showing
trout smoking and drinking around a campfire?
Hello the rest of you guys.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on May 04, 2017, 12:12:45 PM
G'Morning, Fellas
Pork roll, bro!
Tony Romo, bro!
So, what's it lookin like, Dave? You driving in a downpour or what?
Beautiful today, it's tomorrow we have a problem with

What time you getting there, bro? Ya'll may have to smoke nonstop tonight...
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on May 04, 2017, 12:21:11 PM
Morning, muchachos. Late checkin. Had to drive in so I can leave at noon for the annual church Trout Bums Roundup aka...150 guys getting together to fish, smoke cigars, drink (mostly responsibly), and let the sons run wild in the wilderness, climb, rappel, jump off cliffs into the lake, and generally carry on in ways that make wardens cringe (seriously). Good times.

This is why I couldn't go to CFest. I'm part of the team that organizes it.

Howdy, Bret. I'll be camping this weekend too! With most of the same activities planned as well... only about a dozen guys.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on May 04, 2017, 12:46:13 PM
Morning, muchachos. Late checkin. Had to drive in so I can leave at noon for the annual church Trout Bums Roundup aka...150 guys getting together to fish, smoke cigars, drink (mostly responsibly), and let the sons run wild in the wilderness, climb, rappel, jump off cliffs into the lake, and generally carry on in ways that make wardens cringe (seriously). Good times.

This is why I couldn't go to CFest. I'm part of the team that organizes it.

Howdy, Bret. I'll be camping this weekend too! With most of the same activities planned as well... only about a dozen guys.
Gay rights rally?
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on May 04, 2017, 12:51:15 PM
Morning, muchachos. Late checkin. Had to drive in so I can leave at noon for the annual church Trout Bums Roundup aka...150 guys getting together to fish, smoke cigars, drink (mostly responsibly), and let the sons run wild in the wilderness, climb, rappel, jump off cliffs into the lake, and generally carry on in ways that make wardens cringe (seriously). Good times.

This is why I couldn't go to CFest. I'm part of the team that organizes it.

Howdy, Bret. I'll be camping this weekend too! With most of the same activities planned as well... only about a dozen guys.
Gay rights rally?

Yeah. Annual "Bail for Bengals" fund raiser...
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on May 04, 2017, 01:01:20 PM
Morning, muchachos. Late checkin. Had to drive in so I can leave at noon for the annual church Trout Bums Roundup aka...150 guys getting together to fish, smoke cigars, drink (mostly responsibly), and let the sons run wild in the wilderness, climb, rappel, jump off cliffs into the lake, and generally carry on in ways that make wardens cringe (seriously). Good times.

This is why I couldn't go to CFest. I'm part of the team that organizes it.

Howdy, Bret. I'll be camping this weekend too! With most of the same activities planned as well... only about a dozen guys.
Gay rights rally?

Yeah. Annual "Bail for Bengals" fund raiser...
The official bail bondsman of your Cincinnati Bengals…
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: razgueado on May 04, 2017, 01:07:45 PM
Morning, muchachos. Late checkin. Had to drive in so I can leave at noon for the annual church Trout Bums Roundup aka...150 guys getting together to fish, smoke cigars, drink (mostly responsibly), and let the sons run wild in the wilderness, climb, rappel, jump of cliffs into the lake, and generally carry on in ways that make wardens cringe (seriously). Good times.

This is why I couldn't go to CFest. I'm part of the team that organizes it.
Trout Bums Roundup, catchy name, do you have neat t-shirts showing
trout smoking and drinking around a campfire?
Hello the rest of you guys.
No T-shirts for the event itself, but it's tradition that one of the leadership gets elaborately roasted through the weekend, which frequently involves commemorative t-shirts. But I haven't heard who's getting roasted this....uh, oh.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: razgueado on May 04, 2017, 01:09:23 PM
Morning, muchachos. Late checkin. Had to drive in so I can leave at noon for the annual church Trout Bums Roundup aka...150 guys getting together to fish, smoke cigars, drink (mostly responsibly), and let the sons run wild in the wilderness, climb, rappel, jump off cliffs into the lake, and generally carry on in ways that make wardens cringe (seriously). Good times.

This is why I couldn't go to CFest. I'm part of the team that organizes it.

Howdy, Bret. I'll be camping this weekend too! With most of the same activities planned as well... only about a dozen guys.
Morning, Steve. This event started with about a dozen guys. It's grown into an all out free-for-all.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2017, 01:12:49 PM
G'Morning, Fellas
Pork roll, bro!
Tony Romo, bro!
So, what's it lookin like, Dave? You driving in a downpour or what?
Beautiful today, it's tomorrow we have a problem with

What time you getting there, bro? Ya'll may have to smoke nonstop tonight...
Just finished having lunch with my sister, be at the super store for the Perdomo event in a couple minutes.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on May 04, 2017, 01:29:10 PM
G'Morning, Fellas
Pork roll, bro!
Tony Romo, bro!
So, what's it lookin like, Dave? You driving in a downpour or what?
Beautiful today, it's tomorrow we have a problem with

What time you getting there, bro? Ya'll may have to smoke nonstop tonight...
Just finished having lunch with my sister, be at the super store for the Perdomo event in a couple minutes.
…and let the festivities begin!
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2017, 01:56:23 PM
Festivities have begun.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170504/df1d554d715daca6e1334c8d060eb4f6.jpg)
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 02:09:09 PM
Morning, muchachos. Late checkin. Had to drive in so I can leave at noon for the annual church Trout Bums Roundup aka...150 guys getting together to fish, smoke cigars, drink (mostly responsibly), and let the sons run wild in the wilderness, climb, rappel, jump off cliffs into the lake, and generally carry on in ways that make wardens cringe (seriously). Good times.

This is why I couldn't go to CFest. I'm part of the team that organizes it.
Ya learn something new every day. I always thought the word was "repel".
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 02:11:24 PM
Festivities have begun.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170504/df1d554d715daca6e1334c8d060eb4f6.jpg)
I like those. Although I remember the label looking a bit different.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on May 04, 2017, 02:22:31 PM
Festivities have begun.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170504/df1d554d715daca6e1334c8d060eb4f6.jpg)
Ah, the smiley face!  You have reach the motherland.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2017, 02:24:33 PM
Festivities have begun.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170504/df1d554d715daca6e1334c8d060eb4f6.jpg)
I like those. Although I remember the label looking a bit different.
It's quite tasty. Love me some oscuro wrapper.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on May 04, 2017, 02:24:58 PM
Morning, muchachos. Late checkin. Had to drive in so I can leave at noon for the annual church Trout Bums Roundup aka...150 guys getting together to fish, smoke cigars, drink (mostly responsibly), and let the sons run wild in the wilderness, climb, rappel, jump off cliffs into the lake, and generally carry on in ways that make wardens cringe (seriously). Good times.

This is why I couldn't go to CFest. I'm part of the team that organizes it.
Ya learn something new every day. I always thought the word was "repel".
Thought you bought rappel tickets.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on May 04, 2017, 02:25:45 PM
Festivities have begun.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170504/df1d554d715daca6e1334c8d060eb4f6.jpg)
I like those. Although I remember the label looking a bit different.
It's quite tasty. Love me some oscuro wrapper.
You're pretty obscure yourself DaveDave.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 02:32:36 PM
Festivities have begun.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170504/df1d554d715daca6e1334c8d060eb4f6.jpg)
I like those. Although I remember the label looking a bit different.
It's quite tasty. Love me some oscuro wrapper.
What's Nate smoking?
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2017, 02:50:10 PM
Festivities have begun.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170504/df1d554d715daca6e1334c8d060eb4f6.jpg)
I like those. Although I remember the label looking a bit different.
It's quite tasty. Love me some oscuro wrapper.
What's Nate smoking?
Nub Cameroon
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2017, 02:50:30 PM
Festivities have begun.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170504/df1d554d715daca6e1334c8d060eb4f6.jpg)
I like those. Although I remember the label looking a bit different.
It's quite tasty. Love me some oscuro wrapper.
You're pretty obscure yourself DaveDave.
Ya got me there.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on May 04, 2017, 02:51:57 PM
Festivities have begun.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170504/df1d554d715daca6e1334c8d060eb4f6.jpg)
I like those. Although I remember the label looking a bit different.
It's quite tasty. Love me some oscuro wrapper.
What's Nate smoking?
Does Nate know?
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on May 04, 2017, 02:53:49 PM
Festivities have begun.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170504/df1d554d715daca6e1334c8d060eb4f6.jpg)
I like those. Although I remember the label looking a bit different.
It's quite tasty. Love me some oscuro wrapper.
You're pretty obscure yourself DaveDave.
Ya got me there.
Indeed we do.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 02:54:49 PM
Festivities have begun.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170504/df1d554d715daca6e1334c8d060eb4f6.jpg)
I like those. Although I remember the label looking a bit different.
It's quite tasty. Love me some oscuro wrapper.
What's Nate smoking?
Nub Cameroon
That's a good stick too. Y'all are off to a great start. Have fun.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on May 04, 2017, 02:57:40 PM
Festivities have begun.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170504/df1d554d715daca6e1334c8d060eb4f6.jpg)
I like those. Although I remember the label looking a bit different.
It's quite tasty. Love me some oscuro wrapper.
What's Nate smoking?
Nub Cameroon
That's a good stick too. Y'all are off to a great start. Have fun.
The Cameroon was the standout from a Nub sampler.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on May 04, 2017, 03:38:49 PM
good afternoon guys. glad to see CFest in full, kind of, swing.

wasn't made aware of the fact that goining to the urologist involved a prostate exam. when I told the PA who performed that I was a bit embarrassed, she told me I had nothing to be embarressed about. don't know if it was professional courtesy or an acute observation.

DPG Blue, new label, robusto and coffee before heading out to dinner.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 04, 2017, 03:40:21 PM
good afternoon guys. glad to see CFest in full, kind of, swing.

wasn't made aware of the fact that goining to the urologist involved a prostate exam. when I told the PA who performed that I was a bit embarrassed, she told me I had nothing to be embarressed about. don't know if it was professional courtesy or an acute observation.

DPG Blue, new label, robusto and coffee before heading out to dinner.
Was she cute?
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on May 04, 2017, 03:42:29 PM
good afternoon guys. glad to see CFest in full, kind of, swing.

wasn't made aware of the fact that goining to the urologist involved a prostate exam. when I told the PA who performed that I was a bit embarrassed, she told me I had nothing to be embarressed about. don't know if it was professional courtesy or an acute observation.

DPG Blue, new label, robusto and coffee before heading out to dinner.
Was she cute?
More importantly were her hands warm and well lubricated?
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on May 04, 2017, 03:43:02 PM
good afternoon guys. glad to see CFest in full, kind of, swing.

wasn't made aware of the fact that goining to the urologist involved a prostate exam. when I told the PA who performed that I was a bit embarrassed, she told me I had nothing to be embarressed about. don't know if it was professional courtesy or an acute observation.

DPG Blue, new label, robusto and coffee before heading out to dinner.
Wish we were there.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on May 04, 2017, 03:43:19 PM
House Republicans pass bill to replace and repeal Obamacare

woohoo
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on May 04, 2017, 03:44:18 PM
good afternoon guys. glad to see CFest in full, kind of, swing.

wasn't made aware of the fact that goining to the urologist involved a prostate exam. when I told the PA who performed that I was a bit embarrassed, she told me I had nothing to be embarressed about. don't know if it was professional courtesy or an acute observation.

DPG Blue, new label, robusto and coffee before heading out to dinner.
Was she cute?
More importantly were her hands warm and well lubricated?

oh yes she was and yes they were.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2017, 03:49:12 PM
good afternoon guys. glad to see CFest in full, kind of, swing.

wasn't made aware of the fact that goining to the urologist involved a prostate exam. when I told the PA who performed that I was a bit embarrassed, she told me I had nothing to be embarressed about. don't know if it was professional courtesy or an acute observation.

DPG Blue, new label, robusto and coffee before heading out to dinner.
You wanted him her to make you strawberry pancakes first?
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2017, 03:50:10 PM
Oh, she?  All the better.  Smaller fingers also most likely.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2017, 03:50:59 PM
House Republicans pass bill to replace and repeal Obamacare

woohoo
Only the House, now moving on to the Senate.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on May 04, 2017, 03:57:44 PM
good afternoon guys. glad to see CFest in full, kind of, swing.

wasn't made aware of the fact that goining to the urologist involved a prostate exam. when I told the PA who performed that I was a bit embarrassed, she told me I had nothing to be embarressed about. don't know if it was professional courtesy or an acute observation.

DPG Blue, new label, robusto and coffee before heading out to dinner.
You wanted him her to make you strawberry pancakes first?
I was taken by surprise, anything first would have been nice.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 04:00:57 PM
good afternoon guys. glad to see CFest in full, kind of, swing.

wasn't made aware of the fact that goining to the urologist involved a prostate exam. when I told the PA who performed that I was a bit embarrassed, she told me I had nothing to be embarressed about. don't know if it was professional courtesy or an acute observation.

DPG Blue, new label, robusto and coffee before heading out to dinner.
I'm pretty sure she meant, lots of guys get a hard-on when someone shoves a finger in their ass.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on May 04, 2017, 04:04:15 PM
good afternoon guys. glad to see CFest in full, kind of, swing.

wasn't made aware of the fact that goining to the urologist involved a prostate exam. when I told the PA who performed that I was a bit embarrassed, she told me I had nothing to be embarressed about. don't know if it was professional courtesy or an acute observation.

DPG Blue, new label, robusto and coffee before heading out to dinner.
I'm pretty sure she meant, lots of guys get a hard-on when someone shoves a finger in their ass.
that wasn't the problem Tony.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on May 04, 2017, 04:12:01 PM
off to get the lady off before dinner.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 04, 2017, 04:13:52 PM
good afternoon guys. glad to see CFest in full, kind of, swing.

wasn't made aware of the fact that goining to the urologist involved a prostate exam. when I told the PA who performed that I was a bit embarrassed, she told me I had nothing to be embarressed about. don't know if it was professional courtesy or an acute observation.

DPG Blue, new label, robusto and coffee before heading out to dinner.
I'm pretty sure she meant, lots of guys get a hard-on when someone shoves a finger in their ass.
LMFAO
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 04:14:06 PM
off to get the lady for dinner.
Gonna try one of the new techniques you learned at the doctor's office?
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on May 04, 2017, 04:28:01 PM
good afternoon guys. glad to see CFest in full, kind of, swing.

wasn't made aware of the fact that goining to the urologist involved a prostate exam. when I told the PA who performed that I was a bit embarrassed, she told me I had nothing to be embarressed about. don't know if it was professional courtesy or an acute observation.

DPG Blue, new label, robusto and coffee before heading out to dinner.
Was she cute?
More importantly were her hands warm and well lubricated?

oh yes she was and yes they were.
Lucky you.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on May 04, 2017, 04:28:55 PM
off to get the lady for dinner.
Gonna try one of the new techniques you learned at the doctor's office?
Warm, well lubricated hands?
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on May 04, 2017, 04:29:39 PM
good afternoon guys. glad to see CFest in full, kind of, swing.

wasn't made aware of the fact that goining to the urologist involved a prostate exam. when I told the PA who performed that I was a bit embarrassed, she told me I had nothing to be embarressed about. don't know if it was professional courtesy or an acute observation.

DPG Blue, new label, robusto and coffee before heading out to dinner.
I'm pretty sure she meant, lots of guys get a hard-on when someone shoves a finger in their ass.
that wasn't the problem Tony.
Bada Boom!
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2017, 04:36:31 PM
off to get the lady for dinner.
Senior early bird special?
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 04:47:15 PM
off to get the lady off before dinner.
Fixed it for ya, Deano.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2017, 05:22:46 PM
off to get the lady for dinner.
Gonna try one of the new techniques you learned at the doctor's office?
Warm, well lubricated hands?
Maybe you should check and see if she lost any rings... :o
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on May 04, 2017, 05:32:59 PM
off to get the lady off before dinner.
Fixed it for ya, Deano.
Tony, have you considered a job as an editor?  …of knuckledragging posts…
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2017, 05:34:01 PM
off to get the lady for dinner.
Gonna try one of the new techniques you learned at the doctor's office?
Warm, well lubricated hands?
Maybe you should check and see if she lost any rings... :o
The lady will figure it out later for him.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 05:56:12 PM
off to get the lady off before dinner.
Fixed it for ya, Deano.
Tony, have you considered a job as an editor?  …of knuckledragging posts…
If only it paid.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 06:22:34 PM
off to get the lady for dinner.
Gonna try one of the new techniques you learned at the doctor's office?
Warm, well lubricated hands?
Maybe you should check and see if she lost any rings... :o
The lady will figure it out later for him.
You know I'm gonna be pissed if I find out you're posting on Facebook more than on CigarBanter?

What did you smoke after the La Sirena Porthole?
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 04, 2017, 06:30:22 PM
Well I am a freshly built Team of One again now
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 04, 2017, 06:30:52 PM
MOW PA lit, very nice outside.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 06:34:28 PM
Well I am a freshly built Team of One again now
What do you mean?
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 04, 2017, 06:34:52 PM
PTL I am off tomorrow to recover from 2 days of pure unadulterated bullshit!

I did receive a nice award today though and will be getting an outstanding rating this year which will grab me a little cash for retirement.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 04, 2017, 06:35:40 PM
Well I am a freshly built Team of One again now
What do you mean?
2 days of team building and I remain a one man army,
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 06:36:24 PM
Well I am a freshly built Team of One again now
What do you mean?
2 days of team building and I remain a one man army,
Ahhh.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 06:37:25 PM
PTL I am off tomorrow to recover from 2 days of pure unadulterated bullshit!

I did receive a nice award today though and will be getting an outstanding rating this year which will grab me a little cash for retirement.
That's very nice. I'm imagining a kick in the ass when I'm getting ready to retire.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 04, 2017, 06:39:26 PM
PTL I am off tomorrow to recover from 2 days of pure unadulterated bullshit!

I did receive a nice award today though and will be getting an outstanding rating this year which will grab me a little cash for retirement.
That's very nice. I'm imagining a kick in the ass when I'm getting ready to retire.
LOL, I was not expecting this one I can tell you that.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 06:51:13 PM
Mom-in-law prepared dinner so it's time to chow. Let's keep the excitement to a minimum here while I'm gone. Ok?
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 04, 2017, 06:52:34 PM
Mom-in-law prepared dinner so it's time to chow. Let's keep the excitement to a minimum here while I'm gone. Ok?
Enjoy your dinner and don't worry about a thing around here.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on May 04, 2017, 07:05:17 PM
off to get the lady off before dinner.
Fixed it for ya, Deano.
Tony, have you considered a job as an editor?  …of knuckledragging posts…
If only it paid.
All this and a paycheck too?
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on May 04, 2017, 07:05:38 PM
Mom-in-law prepared dinner so it's time to chow. Let's keep the excitement to a minimum here while I'm gone. Ok?
OK.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 10:22:34 PM
Mom-in-law prepared dinner so it's time to chow. Let's keep the excitement to a minimum here while I'm gone. Ok?
OK.
Well shit, I didn't say to break it.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: SLY on May 04, 2017, 10:46:06 PM
May the 4s be with you!
May the Fourth be with you all!
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: Thor on May 04, 2017, 10:49:04 PM
Hi everyone. Doing a drive by and read the earlier posts today. Dean, I hope your health problems are little ones, my friend. I'm truly sorry to hear about all the testing. I recently had to have the one finger salute up my address as well. Hang tough!
The cigar page is history for me. Was following the scorcher today while at a seminar and pressed the button on a box of monte whites for 51.98, only to get an email from customer disservice saying essentially "we fucked up and can't/won't honor the advertised price. Here's your money back and 5198 points." Why waste my time following their scorcher if they're not competent enough to post deals they'll honor. I'm not bitter, am I? Good nite everybody (mr. Mayor/ aka afoc)
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: SLY on May 04, 2017, 10:54:50 PM
Evening guys, watching the Wizards finally pull it together and win over the Celtics.  Enjoying an RP Edge Corojo DC, sipping bourbon wearing my CigarFest 10th Anniversary hat (2013).
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: SLY on May 04, 2017, 10:59:20 PM
Wishing I could join the brothers at this year's CFest.  My friends EJ, NoVa Dave, and cousin-in-law Gene couldn't make it this year, so I'm holding out for next Year's 15th Anniversary. Have a great time those who are making it this year. Please report in with photos, if you can (thanks LTG Dave).
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 11:05:27 PM
Hi everyone. Doing a drive by and read the earlier posts today. Dean, I hope your health problems are little ones, my friend. I'm truly sorry to hear about all the testing. I recently had to have the one finger salute up my address as well. Hang tough!
The cigar page is history for me. Was following the scorcher today while at a seminar and pressed the button on a box of monte whites for 51.98, only to get an email from customer disservice saying essentially "we fucked up and can't/won't honor the advertised price. Here's your money back and 5198 points." Why waste my time following their scorcher if they're not competent enough to post deals they'll honor. I'm not bitter, am I? Good nite everybody (mr. Mayor/ aka afoc)
That's both surprising and disappointing. Sorry you had to deal with that.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 11:06:18 PM
Evening guys, watching the Wizards finally pull it together and win over the Celtics.  Enjoying an RP Edge Corojo DC, sipping bourbon wearing my CigarFest 10th Anniversary hat (2013).
Hello, old friend. Been too long. Is it safe to say you're not making the trek to CF this year?
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 11:10:29 PM

Wishing I could join the brothers at this year's CFest.  My friends EJ, NoVa Dave, and cousin-in-law Gene couldn't make it this year, so I'm holding out for next Year's 15th Anniversary. Have a great time those who are making it this year. Please report in with photos, if you can (thanks LTG Dave).

Oops. Didn't see this until after I posted. Charlie and I are taking the annual drive across to Lake Harmony on Saturday but we weren't able to get tickets. We'll probably just go to the Wooden Match to hang out for the day. Most of the guys are either there already or will be going tomorrow. Unfortunately, I couldn't go earlier. Regardless, it should be a great time as always.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: SLY on May 04, 2017, 11:13:09 PM
Exclaimed on March 19, the last day of winter (St. Joseph's Day) that I had not been sick all winter.  The next day I woke up coughing like crazy, that went on for 10 days, with all of the symptoms of flu.  After a break, it returned at times.  So, I had to take a break from the banter for awhile.  Things have gotten busy meanwhile. A friend who has 3 businesses under one roof (publishing) asked me to help her out. Her assistant of 25 years retired and she was going to be going away for 3 weeks, so she trained me PT to trained me and then left me in charge for 3 weeks. She gets back late tonight & has been very happy with my work. After being "retired" for awhile, this put me back to work & gave me some confidence that I can learn new skills at my advanced age and can perform them at a level to please the boss. So, Tony, have courage hope something really good falls in your lap, if it hasn't already happened.
Title: Re: 5/4/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2017, 11:16:56 PM
[...]
I'm starting a new job on Monday but I very much appreciate that. I'm excited about the opportunity.

Your gig sounds like fun too. Good for you. Hopefully you'll have some extra cigar money from it.