CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: 10/3/2016  (Read 12626 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 10/3/2016
« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2016, 08:56:36 PM »

we shot 9 under, not good enough for prize money. I twisted my ankle on the fourth hole we played and was about useless on the tee box but my chipping and putter kept us in a lot of birdies. I won the 50/50 drawing for $458.
to answer the question about being paid to play. our sponsor, a local radio station paid our way is all and they never even showed up. over 100 golfers showed. I think low score was 53. cheaters.
I thought my son was the only one that could break his foot playing golf and here you try to do it too.  At least you did not fall in a concrete trench.

Nice cigar money you won, off to Tampa tomorrow?
Ybor City next Wednesday. planned cigar shopping trip.
One of my friends/coworker who was also let go by my company in July, just put in an offer on a condo in St. Pete's.

His wife left him a few years back, his daughters both left the state because they found jobs elsewhere, and he's looking to make a new start. I hope he has at least as much success as you did, Deano.
but Tony, I am still living in a POS shit trailer in a POS trailer park. I am almost out of debt left behind by the wife and deadbeats.  I am enjoying life, and THAT you cannot put a price on.
I witnessed it myself, Dean'O has got it better than all of us. 

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2016, 09:19:33 PM »

we shot 9 under, not good enough for prize money. I twisted my ankle on the fourth hole we played and was about useless on the tee box but my chipping and putter kept us in a lot of birdies. I won the 50/50 drawing for $458.
to answer the question about being paid to play. our sponsor, a local radio station paid our way is all and they never even showed up. over 100 golfers showed. I think low score was 53. cheaters.
Sounds like a nice outing.  Dean useless in the box is a bit of a surprise however.
Serious surprise.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #167 on: October 03, 2016, 09:20:49 PM »

I thought my son was the only one that could break his foot playing golf and here you try to do it too.  At least you did not fall in a concrete trench.

Yeah, yeah...whatever. That fall tripled my retirement savings, paid off all my debts, and is buying me two Harleys.

Threebean

« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2016, 09:22:10 PM »

One of my friends/coworker who was also let go by my company in July, just put in an offer on a condo in St. Pete's.

His wife left him a few years back, his daughters both left the state because they found jobs elsewhere, and he's looking to make a new start. I hope he has at least as much success as you did, Deano.
but Tony, I am still living in a POS shit trailer in a POS trailer park. I am almost out of debt left behind by the wife and deadbeats.  I am enjoying life, and THAT you cannot put a price on.
Truer words were never spoken.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2016, 10:10:19 PM »

El Mejor Expresso robusto and coffee here.
72° and rain.
Haven't had one in a really long time. Those do exceptionally well with age. May have a couple still from about 10 years ago. I'll have to take a look.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2016, 10:14:50 PM »

I commend your success. When I say "success", I mean happiness. Bob could use some happiness. I hope his move to FLA works out for him as well as yours did for you.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #171 on: October 03, 2016, 10:23:27 PM »

72° and rain.
Haven't had one in a really long time. Those do exceptionally well with age. May have a couple still from about 10 years ago. I'll have to take a look.
this has about 6 months and was very good.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #172 on: October 03, 2016, 10:24:51 PM »

I commend your success. When I say "success", I mean happiness. Bob could use some happiness. I hope his move to FLA works out for him as well as yours did for you.
then I guess I'm a success!
so now I'm off to bed.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #173 on: October 03, 2016, 10:25:05 PM »

72° and rain.
this has about 6 months and was very good.
I may have to look for some more and stash them away.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #174 on: October 03, 2016, 10:25:45 PM »

then I guess I'm a success!
so now I'm off to bed.
Good night, Dean.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]