Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2022, 10:10:02 AM »

Ten years ago: A Norwegian court found Anders Behring Breivik guilty of terrorism and premeditated murder for twin attacks on July 22, 2011 that killed 77 people; he received a 21-year prison sentence that can be extended as long as he is considered dangerous to society. The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency wiped out 14 years of Lance Armstrong’s cycling career — including his record seven Tour de France titles — and barred him for life from the sport after concluding he’d used banned substances.

Five years ago: Presidential adviser Jared Kushner met with Israeli and Palestinian leaders to try to jumpstart peace talks. Former Carter administration Interior Secretary Cecil Andrus, who engineered the conservation of millions of acres of Alaska land, died at the age of 85. Mavis Wanczyk, a hospital worker from the western Massachusetts town of Chicopee, was announced as the winner of the biggest undivided lottery jackpot in U.S. history, a $758.7 million Powerball prize; lottery officials said she chose to take a lump sum payment of $480 million, or $336 million after taxes.

One year ago: President Joe Biden said he would stick to his Aug. 31 deadline for completing a risky airlift of Americans, endangered Afghans and others seeking to escape Taliban-controlled Afghanistan. Kathy Hochul became New York’s first female governor after the resignation of Andrew Cuomo took effect; on her first day in office, Hochul acknowledged that the state had nearly 12,000 more deaths from COVID-19 than Cuomo had told the public. Former football star Herschel Walker filed paperwork to enter the U.S. Senate race in Georgia after months of speculation; the Republican had the backing of former President Donald Trump. Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts died in a London hospital at the age of 80.

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2022, 10:11:52 AM »

Adobes I ordered yesterday from Slippery Rock will supposedly be here tomorrow. We shall see, but if they are, kudos to their shipping department.
That's awesome. I didn't notice a response to my question yesterday. Have you had one or did you order just based on ClemsonDave's recommendation?
Sorry I missed that. Haven't had one yet, bought it based on my assumption it would be good and Dave confirming it.
I think that's a safe bet.
That's what I figured. And normally, I wouldn't spring for a box without trying them, but the price seemed too good to pass up for what I'm sure is a quality stick.
Prices are the same wherever I've seen them offered.  Only value is in free shipping.
Interesting that the smaller houses have gotten them but CI/Sis and Atlantic don't yet.  Even Famous has them.
Well, I did pay for shipping, but I'm happy with $112. I checked SBC's page prior and they had them at $140, so I figured my price was pretty good.
Plus, they didn't charge me any OH taxes, so even a similar price elsewhere with free shipping would've been more than my price once the taxes were added in.

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2022, 10:12:32 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Composer-musician Mason Williams is 84.
R&B singer Marshall Thompson (The Chi-Lites) is 80.
Anne Archer is 75.
Actor Joe Regalbuto is 73.
Actor Kevin Dunn is 67.
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee is 67.
Actor-writer Stephen Fry is 65.
Actor Steve Guttenberg is 64.
Baseball Hall of Famer Cal Ripken Jr. is 62.
Actor Jared Harris is 61.
Talk show host Craig Kilborn is 60.
CBS News correspondent Major Garrett is 60.
Rock singer John Bush is 59.
Actor Marlee Matlin is 57.
Basketball Hall of Famer Reggie Miller is 57.
Broadcast journalist David Gregory is 52.
Movie director Ava DuVernay is 50.
Actor-comedian Dave Chappelle is 49.
Actor James D’Arcy is 49.
Actor Carmine Giovinazzo (jee-oh-vihn-AH’-zoh) is 49.
Actor Alex O’Loughlin is 46.
Actor Beth Riesgraf is 44.
Actor Chad Michael Murray is 41.
Singer Mika is 39.
Actor Blake Berris is 38.
Actor Rupert Grint (“Harry Potter” films) is 34.

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2022, 10:12:57 AM »

Over/Under for today is 10
Raz Over/Under is 12

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2022, 10:14:04 AM »

Got to page 3 for Raz.  Maybe the last time in a while.

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2022, 10:15:35 AM »

[...]
There ya go.  Although, back in the not too distant good old days, we used to get free shipping, no tax and a solid discount on price.  Heavy sigh.

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2022, 10:15:55 AM »

[...]
Those were good times.

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2022, 10:16:19 AM »

Over/Under for today is 10
Raz Over/Under is 12
8

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2022, 11:02:37 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2022, 11:06:34 AM »

Over/Under for today is 10
Raz Over/Under is 12
Ten.

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2022, 11:23:16 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page3Raz. I trust everything went well yesterday and you're just waiting on the results now?

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2022, 11:52:11 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page3Raz. I trust everything went well yesterday and you're just waiting on the results now?
Got the results same-day. She's in fine shape for a woman of 54, and they'll do it again in five years.

She doesn't like anesthesia, though, and she was a real grouch beforehand.

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2022, 11:56:51 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page3Raz. I trust everything went well yesterday and you're just waiting on the results now?
Got the results same-day. She's in fine shape for a woman of 54, and they'll do it again in five years.

She doesn't like anesthesia, though, and she was a real grouch beforehand.
Glad to hear it. And I think facing the prospect of a camera being shoved up my ass after being on the toilet most of the day beforehand, I probably wouldn't have been my best self, either.

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2022, 12:35:05 PM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page3Raz. I trust everything went well yesterday and you're just waiting on the results now?
Got the results same-day. She's in fine shape for a woman of 54, and they'll do it again in five years.

She doesn't like anesthesia, though, and she was a real grouch beforehand.
Glad to hear it. And I think facing the prospect of a camera being shoved up my ass after being on the toilet most of the day beforehand, I probably wouldn't have been my best self, either.
The prep day is bad.  Day of, not bad at all.

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2022, 12:36:56 PM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page3Raz. I trust everything went well yesterday and you're just waiting on the results now?
Got the results same-day. She's in fine shape for a woman of 54, and they'll do it again in five years.

She doesn't like anesthesia, though, and she was a real grouch beforehand.
Glad to hear it. And I think facing the prospect of a camera being shoved up my ass after being on the toilet most of the day beforehand, I probably wouldn't have been my best self, either.
Yup. It's not a good time.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5