Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2022, 08:53:29 AM »

Adobes I ordered yesterday from Slippery Rock will supposedly be here tomorrow. We shall see, but if they are, kudos to their shipping department.
That's awesome. I didn't notice a response to my question yesterday. Have you had one or did you order just based on ClemsonDave's recommendation?
Sorry I missed that. Haven't had one yet, bought it based on my assumption it would be good and Dave confirming it.

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2022, 09:11:43 AM »

Adobes I ordered yesterday from Slippery Rock will supposedly be here tomorrow. We shall see, but if they are, kudos to their shipping department.
That's awesome. I didn't notice a response to my question yesterday. Have you had one or did you order just based on ClemsonDave's recommendation?
Sorry I missed that. Haven't had one yet, bought it based on my assumption it would be good and Dave confirming it.
I think that's a safe bet.

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2022, 09:23:10 AM »

Morning Tony and Dave.

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2022, 09:28:52 AM »

HOF NFL QB Len Dawson dead at 87.

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2022, 09:40:34 AM »

Adobes I ordered yesterday from Slippery Rock will supposedly be here tomorrow. We shall see, but if they are, kudos to their shipping department.
That's awesome. I didn't notice a response to my question yesterday. Have you had one or did you order just based on ClemsonDave's recommendation?
Sorry I missed that. Haven't had one yet, bought it based on my assumption it would be good and Dave confirming it.
I think that's a safe bet.
That's what I figured. And normally, I wouldn't spring for a box without trying them, but the price seemed too good to pass up for what I'm sure is a quality stick.

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2022, 09:43:14 AM »

Nada on the heardle.
I only listened to the first two clues but I don't think I know it.
Nope for me.

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2022, 09:44:08 AM »

Adobes I ordered yesterday from Slippery Rock will supposedly be here tomorrow. We shall see, but if they are, kudos to their shipping department.
That's awesome. I didn't notice a response to my question yesterday. Have you had one or did you order just based on ClemsonDave's recommendation?
Sorry I missed that. Haven't had one yet, bought it based on my assumption it would be good and Dave confirming it.
I think that's a safe bet.
That's what I figured. And normally, I wouldn't spring for a box without trying them, but the price seemed too good to pass up for what I'm sure is a quality stick.
Prices are the same wherever I've seen them offered.  Only value is in free shipping.

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2022, 09:46:56 AM »

Adobes I ordered yesterday from Slippery Rock will supposedly be here tomorrow. We shall see, but if they are, kudos to their shipping department.
That's awesome. I didn't notice a response to my question yesterday. Have you had one or did you order just based on ClemsonDave's recommendation?
Sorry I missed that. Haven't had one yet, bought it based on my assumption it would be good and Dave confirming it.
I think that's a safe bet.
That's what I figured. And normally, I wouldn't spring for a box without trying them, but the price seemed too good to pass up for what I'm sure is a quality stick.
Prices are the same wherever I've seen them offered.  Only value is in free shipping.
* Guess I should say break, not value.

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2022, 09:58:22 AM »

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2022, 09:58:55 AM »

Morning Tony and Dave.
Good morning, @Travellin Dave.

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2022, 10:04:15 AM »

Four for me.

Wordle 431 4/6

⬛⬛🟩⬛🟨
⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟨🟩🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2022, 10:04:40 AM »

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2022, 10:06:30 AM »

Adobes I ordered yesterday from Slippery Rock will supposedly be here tomorrow. We shall see, but if they are, kudos to their shipping department.
That's awesome. I didn't notice a response to my question yesterday. Have you had one or did you order just based on ClemsonDave's recommendation?
Sorry I missed that. Haven't had one yet, bought it based on my assumption it would be good and Dave confirming it.
I think that's a safe bet.
That's what I figured. And normally, I wouldn't spring for a box without trying them, but the price seemed too good to pass up for what I'm sure is a quality stick.
Prices are the same wherever I've seen them offered.  Only value is in free shipping.
Interesting that the smaller houses have gotten them but CI/Sis and Atlantic don't yet.  Even Famous has them.

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2022, 10:08:50 AM »

Adobes I ordered yesterday from Slippery Rock will supposedly be here tomorrow. We shall see, but if they are, kudos to their shipping department.
That's awesome. I didn't notice a response to my question yesterday. Have you had one or did you order just based on ClemsonDave's recommendation?
Sorry I missed that. Haven't had one yet, bought it based on my assumption it would be good and Dave confirming it.
I think that's a safe bet.
That's what I figured. And normally, I wouldn't spring for a box without trying them, but the price seemed too good to pass up for what I'm sure is a quality stick.
Prices are the same wherever I've seen them offered.  Only value is in free shipping.
Interesting that the smaller houses have gotten them but CI/Sis and Atlantic don't yet.  Even Famous has them.
Well, I did pay for shipping, but I'm happy with $112. I checked SBC's page prior and they had them at $140, so I figured my price was pretty good.

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2022, 10:08:54 AM »

Today is Wednesday, Aug. 24, the 236th day of 2022. There are 129 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Aug. 24, A.D. 79, long-dormant Mount Vesuvius erupted, burying the Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum in volcanic ash; an estimated 20,000 people died.

On this date:

In 1814, during the War of 1812, British forces invaded Washington, D.C., setting fire to the Capitol (which was still under construction) and the White House, as well as other public buildings.

In 1912, Congress passed a measure creating the Alaska Territory.

In 1932, Amelia Earhart embarked on a 19-hour flight from Los Angeles to Newark, New Jersey, making her the first woman to fly solo, non-stop, from coast to coast.

In 1949, the North Atlantic Treaty came into force.

In 1954, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed the Communist Control Act, outlawing the Communist Party in the United States.

In 1981, Mark David Chapman was sentenced in New York to 20 years to life in prison for murdering John Lennon. (Chapman remains imprisoned.)

In 1989, Baseball Commissioner A. Bartlett Giamatti (juh-MAH’-tee) banned Pete Rose from the game for betting on his own team, the Cincinnati Reds.

In 1992, Hurricane Andrew smashed into Florida, causing $30 billion in damage; 43 U.S. deaths were blamed on the storm.

In 2006, the International Astronomical Union declared that Pluto was no longer a full-fledged planet, demoting it to the status of a “dwarf planet.”

In 2016, a 6.2 magnitude earthquake reduced three central Italian towns to rubble and killed nearly 300 people.

In 2019, police in Aurora, Colorado, responding to a report of a suspicious person, used a chokehold to subdue Elijah McClain, a 23-year-old Black man; he suffered cardiac arrest on the way to the hospital and was later declared brain dead and taken off life support. (Three officers were placed on leave but returned to the force after a prosecutor found insufficient evidence to support charging them; the officers and two paramedics were later indicted by a grand jury on manslaughter and other charges following an investigation by state Attorney General Phil Weiser ordered by Gov. Jared Polis.)

In 2020, Republicans formally nominated President Donald Trump for a second term on the opening day of a scaled-down convention; during a visit to the convention city of Charlotte, North Carolina, Trump told delegates that “the only way they can take this election away from us is if this is a rigged election.” Anger over the shooting of a Black man, Jacob Blake, by police spilled into the streets of Kenosha, Wisconsin for a second night.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5