CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: 1/25/2023  (Read 823 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 1/25/2023
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2023, 08:16:56 AM »

Big storm is on the way, so schools have been closed, despite the fact that I can see grass in my yard. Saying 3-5 inches by this afternoon.
We're only getting about an inch and then it turns to rain. School is in session.
It's a shame to because the sunrise was pretty incredible this morning. I assumed it was going to be a beautiful sunny day. Not sure why the camera never truly captures what the eye could see. For example, I never saw even a hint of yellow.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2023, 08:26:24 AM »

Big storm is on the way, so schools have been closed, despite the fact that I can see grass in my yard. Saying 3-5 inches by this afternoon.
We're only getting about an inch and then it turns to rain. School is in session.
It's a shame to because the sunrise was pretty incredible this morning. I assumed it was going to be a beautiful sunny day. Not sure why the camera never truly captures what the eye could see. For example, I never saw even a hint of yellow.

That's true, pictures never do them justice.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2023, 08:33:55 AM »

Same with the moon. Sometimes it looks so large in the sky that you can see all the crevasses on the surface. Then you take a photo and it looks like a dot.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2023, 08:38:15 AM »

Same with the moon. Sometimes it looks so large in the sky that you can see all the crevasses on the surface. Then you take a photo and it looks like a dot.
Indeed. There was that partial eclipse of the moon several years back, must've been in September, cause we were in Bethlehem, probably for my nephew's birthday. It looked amazing in person and the pictures look like dogshit.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2023, 08:46:06 AM »

Anyhoo, the big big bosses are around today and I've got plenty to do.

I'll check back in later.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2023, 09:09:33 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2023, 09:12:03 AM »

Wordle 585 3/6

⬛🟩⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2023, 09:14:54 AM »

Leftover Ziti and garlic bread, before they go to be heated up.

I know, Italians don't get the American thing about bread with dinner.

But this is going to rock.
I don't believe that to be true. My grandfather who never stepped a foot outside of Italy in his 94 years, never had a meal that didn't include bread. But maybe southern Italy is a whole different thing.

There's even a name for when you use bread to clean up all the leftover sauce in your plate. It's called, fare la scarpetta.
It was something I read on the Internet. So flip a coin whether it's really true. Maybe it's only true about restaurants. Maybe it was bullshit.

I'll take your word, T. ;-)

What I know is I really like baked Ziti.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2023, 09:19:02 AM »

Leftover Ziti and garlic bread, before they go to be heated up.

I know, Italians don't get the American thing about bread with dinner.

But this is going to rock.
I don't believe that to be true. My grandfather who never stepped a foot outside of Italy in his 94 years, never had a meal that didn't include bread. But maybe southern Italy is a whole different thing.

There's even a name for when you use bread to clean up all the leftover sauce in your plate. It's called, fare la scarpetta.
Exactly.  Only way to get ALL of that delicious sauce.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2023, 09:21:21 AM »

Wordle 585 4/6*

⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
🟩🟩⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2023, 09:22:59 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page2Raz, APNewsDave.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2023, 09:27:47 AM »

And happy PayDayWednesday! And then another pay comes this weekend, as we get the last 25% of our gainshare bonus for the year.
Makes me think of the Wells Fargo commercials about getting your check up to two days early...  two days early is only for the first deposit (and what does that gain?), then if every paycheck is two days early, it's just a new regular payday. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2023, 09:29:35 AM »

And happy PayDayWednesday! And then another pay comes this weekend, as we get the last 25% of our gainshare bonus for the year.
Makes me think of the Wells Fargo commercials about getting your check up to two days early...  two days early is only for the first deposit (and what does that gain?), then if every paycheck is two days early, it's just a new regular payday.
That's a solid point. I suppose they're just hoping people don't realize that and think they're doing them a favor.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2023, 09:30:10 AM »

Anyhoo, the big big bosses are around today and I've got plenty to do.

I'll check back in later.
Go kiss some ass Tony.  Need to make this gig permanent.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2023, 09:31:38 AM »

Good morning SoonToSnowDave and SunriseTony.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5