Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

  • Administrator
1/25/2023
« on: January 25, 2023, 06:11:31 AM »

Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 06:12:25 AM »

Oops.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 06:21:08 AM »

Leftover Ziti and garlic bread, before they go to be heated up.

I know, Italians don't get the American thing about bread with dinner.

But this is going to rock.
I don't believe that to be true. My grandfather who never stepped a foot outside of Italy in his 94 years, never had a meal that didn't include bread. But maybe southern Italy is a whole different thing.

There's even a name for when you use bread to clean up all the leftover sauce in your plate. It's called, fare la scarpetta.

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 06:25:33 AM »

Leftover Ziti and garlic bread, before they go to be heated up.

I know, Italians don't get the American thing about bread with dinner.

But this is going to rock.
I don't believe that to be true. My grandfather who never stepped a foot outside of Italy in his 94 years, never had a meal that didn't include bread. But maybe southern Italy is a whole different thing.

There's even a name for when you use bread to clean up all the leftover sauce in your plate. It's called, fare la scarpetta.
That's suspiciously close to your last name, now it's all starting to make sense. :D

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 06:26:40 AM »

Big storm is on the way, so schools have been closed, despite the fact that I can see grass in my yard. Saying 3-5 inches by this afternoon.

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 06:27:08 AM »

Joe:

Torano Exodus 1959 Robusto - 10/34.99

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2023, 06:27:55 AM »

Sis:

Door #1 - CAO Black Frontier (Churchill) - 10/34.99

Door #2 - Padilla Single Batch - Select Reserve Box-Pressed Toro - 10/39.99

Door #3 - San Cristobal Clasico (Robusto) - 5/24.99

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2023, 06:28:31 AM »

And happy PayDayWednesday! And then another pay comes this weekend, as we get the last 25% of our gainshare bonus for the year.

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2023, 06:35:46 AM »

Leftover Ziti and garlic bread, before they go to be heated up.

I know, Italians don't get the American thing about bread with dinner.

But this is going to rock.
I don't believe that to be true. My grandfather who never stepped a foot outside of Italy in his 94 years, never had a meal that didn't include bread. But maybe southern Italy is a whole different thing.

There's even a name for when you use bread to clean up all the leftover sauce in your plate. It's called, fare la scarpetta.
That's suspiciously close to your last name, now it's all starting to make sense. :D
Hehehe. Therefore, I would know. I will agree with Bret that it's not usual to be served bread with butter before your meal in Italy. However, with your meal is something entirely different.

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2023, 06:36:56 AM »

And happy PayDayWednesday! And then another pay comes this weekend, as we get the last 25% of our gainshare bonus for the year.
Nice. Look at yesterday's posts. I think ClemsonDave has already spent it for you.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2023, 06:42:38 AM »

And happy PayDayWednesday! And then another pay comes this weekend, as we get the last 25% of our gainshare bonus for the year.
Nice. Look at yesterday's posts. I think ClemsonDave has already spent it for you.
I did see that, and will kindly pass. Lol

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2023, 06:44:54 AM »

Big storm is on the way, so schools have been closed, despite the fact that I can see grass in my yard. Saying 3-5 inches by this afternoon.
And it figures that it happens on a day when my mom was going to pick them up, so it doesn't even save me a trip to get them. Oh well, let's see if the guy coming later to install a new bathroom fan/light is still able to make it.

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2023, 07:15:57 AM »

Big storm is on the way, so schools have been closed, despite the fact that I can see grass in my yard. Saying 3-5 inches by this afternoon.
And it figures that it happens on a day when my mom was going to pick them up, so it doesn't even save me a trip to get them. Oh well, let's see if the guy coming later to install a new bathroom fan/light is still able to make it.
Also means I'll need to figure out what to give them for dinner, since she was going to take them out. Lol

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2023, 07:18:49 AM »

Big storm is on the way, so schools have been closed, despite the fact that I can see grass in my yard. Saying 3-5 inches by this afternoon.
We're only getting about an inch and then it turns to rain. School is in session.

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2023, 07:33:58 AM »

Big storm is on the way, so schools have been closed, despite the fact that I can see grass in my yard. Saying 3-5 inches by this afternoon.
We're only getting about an inch and then it turns to rain. School is in session.
This one is different, as it's coming up from the south. Usually we get them from the west and they come across the lake, so it might not come for you afterwards.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5