« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2019, 02:57:11 PM »

wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
for a moment I wanted to be you Tony.
I think we've ALL had those feelings before.
He didn't say be "with" you.
Actually Rick, the "ouch" was meant for this post.

« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2019, 02:57:27 PM »

« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2019, 02:59:46 PM »

Joys De Nicaragua Antanño Dark Corojo Ready for

Thanks to the Mayor for reminding me of this selection.
Always a solid stick. And if I wasn't clear, the connie is also a winner.

« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2019, 03:02:36 PM »

Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?

« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2019, 03:07:25 PM »

Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
I put in 30 years with NYSDOT, worked all over the state, knew thousands of guys, had a crew of 20+ of my own at 3 different locations for years. my retirement consisted of lunch with my Engineer, Assistant Engineer, a co-supervisor, and our purchasing agent. that was 2009, I have not been back since.

« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2019, 03:08:13 PM »

Joys De Nicaragua Antanño Dark Corojo Ready for

Thanks to the Mayor for reminding me of this selection.
Always a solid stick. And if I wasn't clear, the connie is also a winner.
I have never had a JDN Connie

« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2019, 03:15:47 PM »

Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
Can't wait for the two Daves to answer this one.

« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2019, 03:23:38 PM »

Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
I put in 30 years with NYSDOT, worked all over the state, knew thousands of guys, had a crew of 20+ of my own at 3 different locations for years. my retirement consisted of lunch with my Engineer, Assistant Engineer, a co-supervisor, and our purchasing agent. that was 2009, I have not been back since.
Who paid for the lunch?

« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2019, 03:23:56 PM »

Joys De Nicaragua Antanño Dark Corojo Ready for

Thanks to the Mayor for reminding me of this selection.
Always a solid stick. And if I wasn't clear, the connie is also a winner.
I have never had a JDN Connie
It's a new cigar.

« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2019, 03:24:51 PM »

Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
While I am not an old fart I know some and here is an example.

The govt gave me a shitty $50 watch with their name on it for 20 years service.

My office had a nice luncheon for me and included  some of the TxDOT folks I worked with

My office “Team” gave me a $100 Bass Pro Shop gift card

And most of all my boss and the big boss finagled me an extra performance bonus for the year designated to buy myself a $3000 watch with.

Gave myself a fishing boat😀

Employees paid for lunch & team gift
Govt paid for shitty watch
Technically the govt paid for the good watch

« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2019, 03:26:21 PM »

Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
I put in 30 years with NYSDOT, worked all over the state, knew thousands of guys, had a crew of 20+ of my own at 3 different locations for years. my retirement consisted of lunch with my Engineer, Assistant Engineer, a co-supervisor, and our purchasing agent. that was 2009, I have not been back since.
Who paid for the lunch?
the Assistant Engineer.

« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2019, 03:26:46 PM »

Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
While I am not an old fart I know some and here is an example.

The govt gave me a shitty $50 watch with their name on it for 20 years service.

My office had a nice luncheon for me and included  some of the TxDOT folks I worked with

My office “Team” gave me a $100 Bass Pro Shop gift card

And most of all my boss and the big boss finagled me an extra performance bonus for the year designated to buy myself a $3000 watch with.

Gave myself a fishing boat

Employees paid for lunch & team gift
Govt paid for shitty watch
That's a nice send-off.

« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2019, 03:27:28 PM »

Little brown box with some NJSCDave recommended sticks arrived today.

« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2019, 03:28:53 PM »

Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
While I am not an old fart I know some and here is an example.

The govt gave me a shitty $50 watch with their name on it for 20 years service.

My office had a nice luncheon for me and included  some of the TxDOT folks I worked with

My office “Team” gave me a $100 Bass Pro Shop gift card

And most of all my boss and the big boss finagled me an extra performance bonus for the year designated to buy myself a $3000 watch with.

Gave myself a fishing boat

Employees paid for lunch & team gift
Govt paid for shitty watch
That's a nice send-off.
Yes it was

« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2019, 03:29:49 PM »

when I worked parttime as the nut bus driver and quit when my marriage ended and heading for Florida I had separate parties from Mental Health, Addictions, Public Health, and the County Board gave me a certificate and hand shake.