CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 09, 2015, 12:00:19 AM

Title: 8/9/2015
Post by: CigarBanter on August 09, 2015, 12:00:19 AM
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:06:34 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:10:13 AM
Today is Sunday, August 9, the 221st day of 2015. There are 144 days left in the year.

Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:10:57 AM
Highlight in History

On August 9, 1945, three days after the atomic bombing of Hiroshima, Japan, the United States exploded a nuclear device over Nagasaki, killing an estimated 74,000 people.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:11:29 AM
On this date

Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:11:58 AM
In 1842, the United States and Canada resolved a border dispute by signing the Webster-Ashburton Treaty.

Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:12:22 AM

In 1854, Henry David Thoreau's "Walden," which described Thoreau's experiences while living
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:12:58 AM
In 1902, Edward VII was crowned king of Britain following the death of his mother, Queen Victoria.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:13:32 AM
In 1934, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed an executive order nationalizing silver.

Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:13:55 AM
In 1936, Jesse Owens won his fourth gold medal at the Berlin Olympics as the United States took first place in the 400-meter relay.

Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:14:41 AM
In 1944, 258 African-American sailors based at Port Chicago, California, refused to load a munitions ship following a cargo vessel explosion that killed 320 men, many of them black. (Fifty of the sailors were convicted of mutiny, fined and imprisoned.)

Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:15:13 AM
In 1965, Singapore became independent as it was expelled from the Malaysian Federation.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:15:45 AM
In 1969, actress Sharon Tate and four other people were found brutally slain at Tate's Los Angeles home; cult leader Charles Manson and a group of his followers were later convicted of the crime.

Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:16:21 AM
In 1974, Vice President Gerald R. Ford became the nation's 38th chief executive as President Richard Nixon's resignation took effect.

Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:16:44 AM
In 1975, Russian composer Dmitri Shostakovich, 68, died in Moscow.

Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:17:50 AM
In 1982, a federal judge in Washington ordered John W. Hinckley Jr., who'd been acquitted of shooting President Ronald Reagan and three others by reason of insanity, committed to a mental hospital.

Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:18:25 AM
In 1995, Jerry Garcia, lead singer of the Grateful Dead, died in Forest Knolls, California, of a heart attack eight days after turning 53.

Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:19:08 AM
Ten years ago: The space shuttle Discovery and its crew of seven safely returned to Earth, ending a 14-day safety test that was shadowed by the Columbia tragedy. Charles McCoy Jr. pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter and 10 other charges in a series of Ohio highway shootings and was sentenced to 27 years in prison. Author Judith Rossner, who wrote "Looking for Mr. Goodbar," died in New York City at age 70.

Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:19:56 AM
Five years ago: Former Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens, 86, the longest serving Republican in the U.S. Senate, was killed in a plane crash in the southwestern part of his state while on his way to a fishing trip (four others also died in the crash outside Dillingham). A fed-up JetBlue flight attendant, Steven Slater, cursed out a passenger he said had treated him rudely, grabbed a beer and slid down the emergency chute of an Embraer 190 at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:20:28 AM
One year ago: Michael Brown Jr., an unarmed 18-year-old black man, was shot to death by a police officer following an altercation in Ferguson, Missouri; Brown's death led to sometimes-violent protests in Ferguson and other U.S. cities, spawning a national "Black Lives Matter" movement. President Barack Obama justified the U.S. military's return to fighting in Iraq by saying Americans had to act now to prevent genocide, protect its diplomats and provide humanitarian aid to refugees trapped by Islamic militants. Actor Ed Nelson, 85, died in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:22:02 AM
Today's Birthdays: Basketball Hall of Famer Bob Cousy is 87. Actress Cynthia Harris is 81. Tennis Hall of Famer Rod Laver is 77. Jazz musician Jack DeJohnette is 73. Comedian-director David Steinberg is 73. Actor Sam Elliott is 71. Singer Barbara Mason is 68. Former MLB All-Star pitcher Bill Campbell is 67. College Football Hall of Famer and former NFL player John Cappelletti is 63. College Football Hall of Famer and former NFL player Doug Williams is 60. Actress Melanie Griffith is 58. Actress Amanda Bearse is 57. Rapper Kurtis Blow is 56. Hockey Hall of Famer Brett Hull is 51. TV host Hoda Kotb (HOH'-duh KAHT'-bee) is 51. Actor Pat Petersen is 49. Pro and College Football Hall of Famer Deion Sanders is 48. Actress Gillian Anderson is 47. Actor Eric Bana is 47. Producer-director McG (aka Joseph McGinty Nichol) is 47. NHL player-turned-assistant coach Rod Brind'Amour is 45. TV anchor Chris Cuomo is 45. Actor Thomas Lennon is 45. Rock musician Arion Salazar is 45. Rapper Mack 10 is 44. Actress Nikki Schieler Ziering is 44. Latin rock singer Juanes is 43. Actress Liz Vassey is 43. Actor Kevin McKidd is 42. Actress Rhona Mitra (ROH'-nuh MEE'-truh) is 40. Actor Texas Battle is 39. Actress Jessica Capshaw is 39. Actress Ashley Johnson is 32. Actress Anna Kendrick is 30.

Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:22:40 AM
Thought for Today: "Education is a private matter between the person and the world of knowledge and experience, and has little to do with school or college." - Lillian Smith, American writer-social critic (1897-1966).
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:23:20 AM
Parachuting
-------------------------

A blind man was describing his favorite sport, parachuting.
When asked how this was accomplished, he said that things were all
done for him:

"I am placed in the door and told when to jump"

"My hand is placed on my release ring for me, and out I go"

"But how do you know when you are going to land?" he was asked.

"I have a very keen sense of smell and I can smell the trees and grass
when I am 300 feet from the ground" he answered.

"But how do you know when to lift your legs for the final arrival on
the ground?" he was again asked.

He quickly answered "Oh, the dog's leash goes slack".
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 02:49:15 AM
Time to hit the road for work, enjoy your day guys.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 04:51:34 AM
Time for a couple of sheesh's
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 05:51:28 AM
Time for a couple of sheesh's
+1
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 09, 2015, 06:57:58 AM
Morning Chip.  Fine job holding down the fort.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2015, 08:31:02 AM
good morning. last of the packing. food all sorted and ready to load tomorrow. a few clothes and odds and ends. my cigar order comes in Tuesday which sucks, was hoping early tomorrow.
Short Story and coffee going, ready to pack coffee pot.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 09, 2015, 09:11:49 AM
Good morning Dave and Dean.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 09, 2015, 09:34:36 AM
Morning everyone   Bike ride this morning and kayak fishing this afternoon, God what a peaceful place!  Drinking and smoking all day, had a Bloody Mary with breakfast.  🍸

I took this picture from our outdoor shower this morning!  Don't worry G Rated!😀😀. Green Bungalowis ours, 40 steps and your feet are in the Caribbean
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2015, 09:48:17 AM
Good morning Dave and Dean.
slow Sunday.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2015, 09:49:44 AM
Morning everyone   Bike ride this morning and kayak fishing this afternoon, God what a peaceful place!  Drinking and smoking all day, had a Bloody Mary with breakfast.  🍸

I took this picture from our outdoor shower this morning!  Don't worry G Rated!😀😀. Green Bungalowis ours, 40 steps and your feet are in the Caribbean
WOW!
very nice Dave.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 09, 2015, 09:50:29 AM
Good morning guys...!
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 09, 2015, 09:53:04 AM
I enjoyed your quotes yesterday, Chip...!  I think I read the whole banter in 5 min.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 09, 2015, 09:54:16 AM
Morning everyone   Bike ride this morning and kayak fishing this afternoon, God what a peaceful place!  Drinking and smoking all day, had a Bloody Mary with breakfast.  🍸

I took this picture from our outdoor shower this morning!  Don't worry G Rated!😀😀. Green Bungalowis ours, 40 steps and your feet are in the Caribbean
I hope you are enjoying your vacation TR...!!!  Don't get hit on the head by a coconut...!
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on August 09, 2015, 09:54:28 AM
Morning everyone   Bike ride this morning and kayak fishing this afternoon, God what a peaceful place!  Drinking and smoking all day, had a Bloody Mary with breakfast.  🍸

I took this picture from our outdoor shower this morning!  Don't worry G Rated!😀😀. Green Bungalowis ours, 40 steps and your feet are in the Caribbean
Relaxing just looking at the pictures.  Can only imagine how it is actually being there.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2015, 10:03:05 AM
hey BD and CB.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: Threebean on August 09, 2015, 10:04:27 AM
Morning everyone   Bike ride this morning and kayak fishing this afternoon, God what a peaceful place!  Drinking and smoking all day, had a Bloody Mary with breakfast.  🍸

I took this picture from our outdoor shower this morning!  Don't worry G Rated!😀😀. Green Bungalowis ours, 40 steps and your feet are in the Caribbean
Relaxing just looking at the pictures.  Can only imagine how it is actually being there.
Indeed. What a great escape destination.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 09, 2015, 10:10:59 AM
hey BD and CB.
Hi Dean, hi Bean, Hi Chip, TR, and damn, I forgot who else was here...  I hear your going camping Dean.  Is that tent camping..?
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 09, 2015, 10:16:49 AM
Morning everyone   Bike ride this morning and kayak fishing this afternoon, God what a peaceful place!  Drinking and smoking all day, had a Bloody Mary with breakfast.  🍸

I took this picture from our outdoor shower this morning!  Don't worry G Rated!😀😀. Green Bungalowis ours, 40 steps and your feet are in the Caribbean
Relaxing just looking at the pictures.  Can only imagine how it is actually being there.
Indeed. What a great escape destination.
It looks nice, but that one coconut on the ground bothers me.  I know that's the spot my wife would pick to put my lounge chair...
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 09, 2015, 10:58:43 AM
Just finished doing my cigar maintenance.  With only having 2 humidors, it only takes about 5 minutes.  1 teaspoon of distilled water into each bead container (3), and 3 teaspoons of distilled water into the foam one.  Now I have happy cigars...!  :)
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 09, 2015, 11:08:39 AM
Just finished doing my cigar maintenance.  With only having 2 humidors, it only takes about 5 minutes.  1 teaspoon of distilled water into each bead container (3), and 3 teaspoons of distilled water into the foam one.  Now I have happy cigars...!  :)
I was supposed to do that first thing this morning and got sidetracked.  Doesn't look to be in the cards for today.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 09, 2015, 11:10:52 AM
Good morning to all.  Apparently TXDave is already having one.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 09, 2015, 11:17:11 AM
Good morning to all.  Apparently TXDave is already having one.
Starting off with a Bloody Mary sounds like a good start to me...!  I may have to have one myself after a few chores.  Feed the bird, wash the dishes, and clean the bathroom.  If I get started now, it shouldn't take more than 30 or so minutes.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on August 09, 2015, 11:19:31 AM
hey BD and CB.
Hi Dean, hi Bean, Hi Chip, TR, and damn, I forgot who else was here...  I hear your going camping Dean.  Is that tent camping..?
yes. St. George's Island State Park for a week.
look it up on wikipedia.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 09, 2015, 11:40:33 AM
hey BD and CB.
Hi Dean, hi Bean, Hi Chip, TR, and damn, I forgot who else was here...  I hear your going camping Dean.  Is that tent camping..?
yes. St. George's Island State Park for a week.
look it up on wikipedia.
That does look and sound nice...!  It reminds me of a couple that I had heard about back in the 70's.  The didn't have allot of money but wanted to go to Hawaii.  So they loaded up a duffel bag with their backpacking camping gear, and freeze dried food, flew to Hawaii and stayed on the beach for a week at one of the State Parks.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 09, 2015, 12:19:20 PM
I fed the bird, and washed the dishes.  Now to clean the bathroom, well maybe 1/2 of the bathroom.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 09, 2015, 12:34:24 PM
I keep having a premonition with the word, "Connecticut," in it....   I believe there will be some thing in my near future associated with that word.... But what could it mean....?  Don't you hate it when that happens...?
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 09, 2015, 01:02:32 PM
Cleaning the bath tub while taking a shower still counts as cleaning the bath tub, right...?  I made sure not to pee in it, so it's clean...!
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 09, 2015, 01:04:32 PM
Ok, it's time to go humidor diving..., and what shall it be...?
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 09, 2015, 01:23:53 PM
I keep having a premonition with the word, "Connecticut," in it....   I believe there will be some thing in my near future associated with that word.... But what could it mean....?  Don't you hate it when that happens...?
Oh my god... Your not going to believe this.  But the Perdomo Lot#23 Natural cigar that I selected, turned out to really be a Connecticut....!  And they used to burn witches in Connecticut (The Connecticut Witch Trials).  And I had already selected a Redds Green Apple Ale to drink with it.  And witches back then used to have apple orchards.  YIKES...!  I may be crazy, but I believe my humidor may be haunted....!!!  I'm going to take a break and try to make it through smoking this cigar along with this apple ale...!  bbl (hopefully.)
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 09, 2015, 02:04:32 PM
I keep having a premonition with the word, "Connecticut," in it....   I believe there will be some thing in my near future associated with that word.... But what could it mean....?  Don't you hate it when that happens...?
You are going to reward yourself with a Connecticut shade wrapped cigar?
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 09, 2015, 02:05:37 PM
I was right!!!
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: Short stack on August 09, 2015, 04:10:14 PM
I was right!!!
//You are the Mayor at least give us some food for thougt while TR is away,I can't help, at my age all I can talk about is what I did not what I am doing and that was so long ago , I don't remember most of it, but I had fun
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 09, 2015, 04:15:56 PM
I was right!!!
//You are the Mayor at least give us some food for thougt while TR is away,I can't help, at my age all I can talk about is what I did not what I am doing and that was so long ago , I don't remember most of it, but I had fun
Hmmm, no pressure, huh?
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: Short stack on August 09, 2015, 04:21:47 PM
I was right!!!
//You are the Mayor at least give us some food for thougt while TR is away,I can't help, at my age all I can talk about is what I did not what I am doing and that was so long ago , I don't remember most of it, but I had fun
Hmmm, no pressure, huh?
Most pressure I have is getting my old but out of bed every am to see what LSU has to offer
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 09, 2015, 04:23:17 PM
Here's some food for thought...

I've always not smoked cigars in front of my children because I didn't want to have to explain why what I was doing wasn't as bad for my health as others would have them believe.  It appears our politicians don't understand the distinction either and for this reason the places we ARE allowed to smoke are fewer and fewer.

What's your take?
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 09, 2015, 04:24:37 PM
Unfortunately, I'm late for an engagement so I can't partake in any discussion that might come up.  I'll check back in a little later.
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: Short stack on August 09, 2015, 05:17:45 PM
Here's some food for thought...

I've always not smoked cigars in front of my children because I didn't want to have to explain why what I was doing wasn't as bad for my health as others would have them believe.  It appears our politicians don't understand the distinction either and for this reason the places we ARE allowed to smoke are fewer and fewer.

What's your take?
If I had children I would take the same approach,I was an athlete most of my younger days including running marathons,Didn't! start cigars until my 60s had to quite running due to Arthur Twins had to have both knees replaced,My bride does not mind cigars because I only smoke outside and not in the car,I only smoke where I can sit and enjoy with  out hassle.I have a man cave suitable for year round outside smoking, So I can enjoy my old ass self while puffing
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 09, 2015, 07:12:54 PM
I am here for you Short stack!  Vodka Matini in hand just finish a SL Habano Lancerogifted by our mayor T
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 09, 2015, 07:14:17 PM
I interviewed for the Little Cayman Town Drunk job this morning, I made top 3😀. Read the little sign!
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on August 09, 2015, 07:27:09 PM
I interviewed for the Little Cayman Town Drunk job this morning, I made top 3😀. Read the little sign!
What's the pay?
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 09, 2015, 07:28:19 PM
Cubans and Havana Club
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on August 09, 2015, 07:32:44 PM
Cubans and Havana Club
Damn, I'm on the next plane!  In my dreams...
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: Short stack on August 09, 2015, 07:34:38 PM
I interviewed for the Little Cayman Town Drunk job this morning, I made top 3😀. Read the little sign!Is that you ?
You handsome devil I thought were  an old man getting close to my age, NOt
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on August 09, 2015, 07:59:14 PM
I interviewed for the Little Cayman Town Drunk job this morning, I made top 3😀. Read the little sign!Is that you ? You handsome devil I thought were  an old man getting close to my age, NOt
Everything getting backwards - loosing hair and gaining weight.  Sheesh!
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on August 09, 2015, 10:46:36 PM
I interviewed for the Little Cayman Town Drunk job this morning, I made top 3😀. Read the little sign!Is that you ? You handsome devil I thought were  an old man getting close to my age, NOt
Everything getting backwards - loosing hair and gaining weight.  Sheesh!
Yada yada yada...
Title: Re: 8/9/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on August 09, 2015, 11:01:16 PM
I interviewed for the Little Cayman Town Drunk job this morning, I made top 3😀. Read the little sign!Is that you ? You handsome devil I thought were  an old man getting close to my age, NOt
Everything getting backwards - loosing hair and gaining weight.  Sheesh!
Yada yada yada...
Sheesh!  No.  Indeed.  How slow is it?  GFY!  Yes.  Of course you are.