CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 4/26/2022  (Read 1484 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 4/26/2022
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2022, 11:21:02 AM »

Over/Under is 7
Raz Over/Under is 11
Only 5 for me. Lots of names on there that I know but not enough to pick them out of a lineup. (Roger, Jet, Channing...)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2022, 11:28:29 AM »

good morning guys. another day trying to do reports for Sunday. tired alot from the stroke. weather is great here and I plan on hitting the links tomorrow. may be firing up a cigar later.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2022, 11:32:04 AM »

Since we're here to learn... Not necessarily about cigars... Does anyone have any experience with American Standard VorMax toilets? I am going to be replacing the downstairs one in the next few weeks. My plumber told me that he has never had to replace the inner mechanisms of a Toto so that is what I went with for upstairs. I haven't been happy with it though because it seems to clog easily and it constantly needs cleaning. What say the members of ToiletBanter?
check the specifications of the bottom discharge hole on the toilet. I once had to replace a toilet in a new house for the same reason. the discharge hole was 2 1/2" going into the 4" waste pipe.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2022, 11:42:31 AM »

Since we're here to learn... Not necessarily about cigars... Does anyone have any experience with American Standard VorMax toilets? I am going to be replacing the downstairs one in the next few weeks. My plumber told me that he has never had to replace the inner mechanisms of a Toto so that is what I went with for upstairs. I haven't been happy with it though because it seems to clog easily and it constantly needs cleaning. What say the members of ToiletBanter?
check the specifications of the bottom discharge hole on the toilet. I once had to replace a toilet in a new house for the same reason. the discharge hole was 2 1/2" going into the 4" waste pipe.
Installed it myself and confident it's fine. The issue with clogging has more to do with it being a bit too "economical" with the amount of water it uses. Gravity can only do so much with so little water.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2022, 11:45:14 AM »

Installed it myself and confident it's fine. The issue with clogging has more to do with it being a bit too "economical" with the amount of water it uses. Gravity can only do so much with so little water.
I love the 'save water' gadgets. flush 3 times instead.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2022, 11:46:52 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Actor-comedian Carol Burnett is 89.
R&B singer Maurice Williams is 84.
Songwriter-musician Duane Eddy is 84.
Rock musician Gary Wright is 79.
Actor Nancy Lenehan is 69.
Actor Giancarlo Esposito is 64.
Rock musician Roger Taylor (Duran Duran) is 62.
Actor Joan Chen is 61.
Rock musician Chris Mars is 61.
Actor-singer Michael Damian is 60.
Actor Jet Li (lee) is 59.
Actor-comedian Kevin James is 57.
Author and former U.S. Poet Laureate Natasha Trethewey (TREHTH’-eh-way) is 56.
Actor Marianne Jean-Baptiste is 55.
Rapper T-Boz (TLC) is 52.
Former first lady Melania Trump is 52.
Actor Shondrella Avery is 51.
Actor Simbi Kali is 51.
Country musician Jay DeMarcus (Rascal Flatts) is 51.
Rock musician Jose Pasillas (Incubus) is 46.
Actor Jason Earles is 45.
Actor Leonard Earl Howze is 45.
Actor Amin Joseph is 45.
Actor Tom Welling is 45.
Actor Pablo Schreiber is 44.
Actor Nyambi Nyambi is 43.
Actor Jordana Brewster is 42.
Actor Stana Katic is 42.
Actor Marnette Patterson is 42.
Actor Channing Tatum is 42.
Americana/roots singer-songwriter Lilly Hiatt is 38.
Actor Emily Wickersham is 38.
Actor Aaron Meeks is 36.
Electro pop musician James Sunderland (Frenship) is 35.
New York Yankees outfielder Aaron Judge is 30.
Thirteen.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2022, 11:47:11 AM »

I love the 'save water' gadgets. flush 3 times instead.
There's a great episode of King of the Hill that revolves around this issue. In one scene, Hank goes to the hardware store asking if they have any good toilets, and the salesman says nope, just the low-flos.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2022, 11:55:34 AM »

Over/Under is 7
Raz Over/Under is 11
I was way off today. When's ClemsonDave coming back?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2022, 11:58:56 AM »

Over/Under is 7
Raz Over/Under is 11
Only 5 for me. Lots of names on there that I know but not enough to pick them out of a lineup. (Roger, Jet, Channing...)
Roger Taylor would be confusing - there are two rock stars by that name.  Both drummers.  One from Queen, the other from Duran Duran.  I hated Duran Duran, but back in the day, lo these 37 years ago, when I was young and single, all the girls loved them.

What's really confusing is there were a bunch of people named Taylor who were in Duran Duran, none of whom were - to my knowledge - related.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2022, 12:09:27 PM »

Over/Under is 7
Raz Over/Under is 11
I was way off today. When's ClemsonDave coming back?
Well, there are two sneaky ones there - Maurice Williams and Lilly Hiatt.  Those are names that just aren't in the pop culture mainstream, and playing the odds would require betting against me.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2022, 12:35:37 PM »

good morning guys. another day trying to do reports for Sunday. tired alot from the stroke. weather is great here and I plan on hitting the links tomorrow. may be firing up a cigar later.
well i have been out of the loop for some time. I had no idea.....glad to see you doing better.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2022, 01:26:59 PM »

well i have been out of the loop for some time. I had no idea.....glad to see you doing better.
In fairness, we all just found out a couple days ago.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2022, 01:48:31 PM »

Why are you letting him off the hook so easily?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2022, 01:56:28 PM »

Why are you letting him off the hook so easily?
I'm just passing along info. If I know Oy, he can set the hook and get himself fully stuck on it with no help from me. Lol

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2022, 02:17:47 PM »

Hazzuh!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4