CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 11/18/2018  (Read 3158 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 11/18/2018
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2018, 02:03:57 PM »

Luminosa lull?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2018, 02:43:13 PM »

Luminosa lull?
Yeah, but we got to page 3.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2018, 04:13:48 PM »

Luminosa lull?
Big Ben pulled it out for Pittsburg.  What a finish!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2018, 05:18:40 PM »

Doing my best Tony impersonation.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2018, 05:25:35 PM »

TonyDaveMouse

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2018, 05:30:19 PM »

Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse turns 90
Heather Monahan·4 hours ago
This weekend marks 90 years of the world's most beloved mouse.

Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse made his debut on Nov. 18, 1928 when "Steamboat Willie" premiered at New York's Colony Theatre.

According to the Walt Disney Family Museum , the success of "Steamboat Willie" came on the heels of two Mickey Mouse failures. The first Mickey cartoon that Walt Disney actually competed was called "Plane Crazy." The second was "The Gallopin' Gaucho." Both premiered as screen testings in early 1928 but were never distributed.

Mickey's "official" birthday was determined in 1978 by Dave Smith, the founder of the Disney Archives. Before that, Walt Disney had previously stated his creation's birthday was Oct. 1, 1928.

Twenty years after Mickey made his debut, Walt Disney wrote in an essay that the character "popped out of my mind onto a drawing pad...on a train ride from Manhattan to Hollywood at a time when the business fortunes of my brother Roy and myself were at lowest ebb."

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2018, 06:50:04 PM »

Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse made his debut on Nov. 18, 1928 when "Steamboat Willie" premiered at New York's Colony Theatre.

According to the Walt Disney Family Museum , the success of "Steamboat Willie" came on the heels of two Mickey Mouse failures. The first Mickey cartoon that Walt Disney actually competed was called "Plane Crazy." The second was "The Gallopin' Gaucho." Both premiered as screen testings in early 1928 but were never distributed.

Mickey's "official" birthday was determined in 1978 by Dave Smith, the founder of the Disney Archives. Before that, Walt Disney had previously stated his creation's birthday was Oct. 1, 1928.

Twenty years after Mickey made his debut, Walt Disney wrote in an essay that the character "popped out of my mind onto a drawing pad...on a train ride from Manhattan to Hollywood at a time when the business fortunes of my brother Roy and myself were at lowest ebb."
Everyone got a special button today.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2018, 07:16:33 PM »

collectors item.

Threebean

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2018, 08:57:18 PM »

collectors item.
Not if everyone got one.  Now if it were flawed in some way, with a misspelling for example, then you got something. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2018, 10:15:36 PM »

Nice. This week was a hard one up North. Let's hope the new one will treat us better.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2018, 10:18:17 PM »

collectors item.
Not if everyone got one.  Now if it were flawed in some way, with a misspelling for example, then you got something.
Good night, PartyPooperMark.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2018, 10:19:08 PM »

Luminosa lull?
Big Ben pulled it out for Pittsburg.  What a finish!
Indeed. You can't win too many games with those INT.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2018, 10:52:36 PM »

collectors item.
Hello EBAY

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2018, 10:54:11 PM »

collectors item.
only people at the park today Mr. BuzzkillBean.

Threebean

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2018, 11:43:42 PM »

collectors item.
only people at the park today Mr. BuzzkillBean.
Only today?  I thought it was all year. Well, then you and the other 30K folks who visited today have something! 
Pages: 1 2 [3]