Back to cigars...

I tried a Cabaiguan in a sampler a while back and really enjoyed it. I have been looking to purchase more, but the price can be somewhat intimidating. Anyone else like these, and what's a good price to look for.

Also see it's available in a maduro... anyone?
If you are looking for at Tatuaje sampler, I would suggest picking up the Pudgy Monsters box.  Nice variety, all are good, some are very good.  Within that sampler are two sticks called "Tiff" which are a Cabaiguan variant and are truly superior. (can't be purchased separately unfortunately).

Haven't shopped them much but feel like the lowest price I've seen has been at Cigar Auctioneer.  Couldn't tell you what the price is, though, I always miss the ends of the auction.  I just don't like them quite enough to justify the price, though I do enjoy them.  I've only had one maduro but I don't recall liking it as much as the non-maduro, whatever the wrapper was.  Also, not entirely sure which I've had (Cabaiguan, Cabaiguan RX, etc.).

I might just go back and hit the sampler again. That is probably the best deal I'm gonna find. Famous had a good one with (2) Cabaiguan, (2) LaRiqueza, and (2) El Triunfador

All good smokes, imo
Nice hidden post, rookie
I don't know what you mean... ;)

Nicely done.  I still haven't tried any of the Pudgy Monsters, maybe tonight.  I'll wait to see what you smoke, and then just copy you.
Well, as I said, already sampled the Tiff and Chuck.  Do the Chuck first, then the Tiff (without distraction).

[...]

For some reason, VIP Atlantic offers 5er of various Cabaiguans for less than box prices....Corona Extra 5/$27.95, Guapos 5/$34.95 [backorder] and Guapos 46 5/$28.95
Logged

jswaykos

[...]

Bit of a schedule change this month, Tuesday and Thursday nights are now 'free', which is nice.  Kinda opens up more evenings for me due to other commitments and whatnot.  When smoking 'distracted' with class or whatever else, I usually only reach for something I've smoked many times before, or something 'random' from the bottom of the humidor.  Tonight's distractions will be beer and whiskey.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

[...]

That sampler came free with the Tat Black Jar I bought, ridiculous really. The Cabaiguan was the best of the bunch in the sampler IMO

Think that's how I got mine too. I was already onboard with the LaRiqueza from the mash, so these were an after thought. I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it.

You ever pull the trigger on the tat lancero sampler?
No, dragged my feet trying every possible site and combination until they sold out, sheesh. I was trying to couple a mash item for free ship and I was looking for the Xikar V cutter and by the time it mashed the sampler was sold out. I'll regret that one I think

Shit, man. I thought for sure you'd get that for your bday.

Picked up my vcutter on the bid. Think I gave $26. Good deal since they usually go for almost 40 on the mash. Already had a cart going there, so it was a nice add on for a multiship. They are up all the time. Just don't get the finish choices you may prefer... if that matters to you.
That's the problem, I overthought it. How would you spend $200 on cigars? So many combinations and deals/jams that I couldn't decide. I was going to get the limited Tat Belle Encre Reserve in the travel humi, had CyB's in the cart with jam items, Tat lanceros with Mash items...still bought nothing
But you had some fine cigars on hold.... ::)

"Better to have purchased and regretted, then to have never purchased at all."

Something like that.  ;D

[...]

NOTHING!?!

How 'bout some Namakubi's? You're fucking dead to me...  ;)

Well, I guess you won't be disappointed on what you bought yourself then.
Relax Jack-Off! My birthday is this Saturday so I don't even have the $$ yet, plenty of time and deals to be had
[...]

Dan asked if you used a wooden match or a butane lighter?

Gone for the next couple of hours (more meetings).  Is my tie on straight?  See yuz.
[...]

Haha. Fucking Tuesdays... took a minute though.
[...]

I see where you're going with this but I was actually referencing something else.  But I should probably give ol' Dan a call and tell him to put some beers in the fridge now in case I do end up going over to his place on Thursday.  Also, I'll tell him that bringing Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey does NOT count as part of a whiskey bottle share.

[...]

I have a box of Headley Grange Eminentes in a cart at Regency also, you gave me one of those and I loved it. Great deal there too

[...]

Ha! I've been looking everywhere for those Namakubis to go on sale BTW
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

Gone for the next couple of hours (more meetings).  Is my tie on straight?  See yuz.

Tie looks fine. It's your head that looks... aww forget it.
[...]

Now that you said he is pretty much on house arrest, I almost feel bad for teasing. His wife must wear more than the pants.

[...]

I heard he was planning on Red Stag anyway.
....and butane for the Chuck, Tiff with a cedar spill
[...]

No sweat. Just messin wit cha.