CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: 9/30/2014  (Read 49353 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 9/30/2014
« Reply #225 on: September 30, 2014, 01:08:45 PM »

Morning, all.  Looks like the Tuesday bitching is in full swing.
Not really, squash boy has been laying low, littlefish has been preoccupied and you just showed up.  So maybe gearing up now.
Going to a friends home inspection at 11a too since he couldn't get work off...going to need to banter my ass-off this afternoon!
You just letting them in, or are you knowledgeable in such matters?
It's new construction, so it should be pretty lax.  I consider myself handy(only takes a couple pumps) but his wife will be there and since we are good friends she wanted someone who is a homeowner, and a male, also there.
1-800-RENT-A-DOUCHE
Pretty sure that's the number his friend called.
I tried it before I posted, Sauce picked up
Its a consortium.

sfish

« Reply #226 on: September 30, 2014, 01:09:34 PM »

Back to cigars...

I tried a Cabaiguan in a sampler a while back and really enjoyed it. I have been looking to purchase more, but the price can be somewhat intimidating. Anyone else like these, and what's a good price to look for.

Also see it's available in a maduro... anyone?

Haven't shopped them much but feel like the lowest price I've seen has been at Cigar Auctioneer.  Couldn't tell you what the price is, though, I always miss the ends of the auction.  I just don't like them quite enough to justify the price, though I do enjoy them.  I've only had one maduro but I don't recall liking it as much as the non-maduro, whatever the wrapper was.  Also, not entirely sure which I've had (Cabaiguan, Cabaiguan RX, etc.).

I might just go back and hit the sampler again. That is probably the best deal I'm gonna find. Famous had a good one with (2) Cabaiguan, (2) LaRiqueza, and (2) El Triunfador

All good smokes, imo
That sampler came free with the Tat Black Jar I bought, ridiculous really. The Cabaiguan was the best of the bunch in the sampler IMO

Think that's how I got mine too. I was already onboard with the LaRiqueza from the mash, so these were an after thought. I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it.

You ever pull the trigger on the tat lancero sampler?
No, dragged my feet trying every possible site and combination until they sold out, sheesh. I was trying to couple a mash item for free ship and I was looking for the Xikar V cutter and by the time it mashed the sampler was sold out. I'll regret that one I think

dogdays

« Reply #227 on: September 30, 2014, 01:13:51 PM »

Back to cigars...

I tried a Cabaiguan in a sampler a while back and really enjoyed it. I have been looking to purchase more, but the price can be somewhat intimidating. Anyone else like these, and what's a good price to look for.

If you are looking for at Tatuaje sampler, I would suggest picking up the Pudgy Monsters box.  Nice variety, all are good, some are very good.  Within that sampler are two sticks called "Tiff" which are a Cabaiguan variant and are truly superior. (can't be purchased separately unfortunately).

Haven't shopped them much but feel like the lowest price I've seen has been at Cigar Auctioneer.  Couldn't tell you what the price is, though, I always miss the ends of the auction.  I just don't like them quite enough to justify the price, though I do enjoy them.  I've only had one maduro but I don't recall liking it as much as the non-maduro, whatever the wrapper was.  Also, not entirely sure which I've had (Cabaiguan, Cabaiguan RX, etc.).

I might just go back and hit the sampler again. That is probably the best deal I'm gonna find. Famous had a good one with (2) Cabaiguan, (2) LaRiqueza, and (2) El Triunfador

All good smokes, imo
Nice hidden post, rookie
He meant to do that.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #228 on: September 30, 2014, 01:15:32 PM »

Back to cigars...

If you are looking for at Tatuaje sampler, I would suggest picking up the Pudgy Monsters box.  Nice variety, all are good, some are very good.  Within that sampler are two sticks called "Tiff" which are a Cabaiguan variant and are truly superior. (can't be purchased separately unfortunately).

All good smokes, imo
Nice hidden post, rookie
I don't know what you mean... ;)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #229 on: September 30, 2014, 01:17:29 PM »

Back to cigars...

All good smokes, imo
Nice hidden post, rookie
He meant to do that.
Exactly dd!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #230 on: September 30, 2014, 01:17:34 PM »

Back to cigars...

All good smokes, imo
Nice hidden post, rookie

Nicely done.  I still haven't tried any of the Pudgy Monsters, maybe tonight.  I'll wait to see what you smoke, and then just copy you.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #231 on: September 30, 2014, 01:18:42 PM »

Back to cigars...

All good smokes, imo
That sampler came free with the Tat Black Jar I bought, ridiculous really. The Cabaiguan was the best of the bunch in the sampler IMO

Think that's how I got mine too. I was already onboard with the LaRiqueza from the mash, so these were an after thought. I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it.

No, dragged my feet trying every possible site and combination until they sold out, sheesh. I was trying to couple a mash item for free ship and I was looking for the Xikar V cutter and by the time it mashed the sampler was sold out. I'll regret that one I think

Shit, man. I thought for sure you'd get that for your bday.

Picked up my vcutter on the bid. Think I gave $26. Good deal since they usually go for almost 40 on the mash. Already had a cart going there, so it was a nice add on for a multiship. They are up all the time. Just don't get the finish choices you may prefer... if that matters to you.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #232 on: September 30, 2014, 01:23:25 PM »

Back to cigars...

All good smokes, imo
Nice hidden post, rookie

Nicely done.  I still haven't tried any of the Pudgy Monsters, maybe tonight.  I'll wait to see what you smoke, and then just copy you.
I tried the Tiff and Chuck as there were two of each in the box.  Will start through the box in about a month.  Separate note, if you see the EPC 5th Anniversary or La Historia, be sure to give them a try.  Very different from each other, but solid in their own ways.  Would have gotten some to you, but my order arrived a week after my last visit.  Pretty reasonable by the box of 10 at Atlantic when in stock.  You wouldn't be sorry with that purchase.

sfish

« Reply #233 on: September 30, 2014, 01:25:16 PM »

Back to cigars...

All good smokes, imo

Picked up my vcutter on the bid. Think I gave $26. Good deal since they usually go for almost 40 on the mash. Already had a cart going there, so it was a nice add on for a multiship. They are up all the time. Just don't get the finish choices you may prefer... if that matters to you.
That's the problem, I overthought it. How would you spend $200 on cigars? So many combinations and deals/jams that I couldn't decide. I was going to get the limited Tat Belle Encre Reserve in the travel humi, had CyB's in the cart with jam items, Tat lanceros with Mash items...still bought nothing

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #234 on: September 30, 2014, 01:28:30 PM »

Oh, and good morning, Joe. GFY!

Hello, Steve.

Did you say you've tried the Pumking? What about the Warlock?

I have tried both, courtesy of Scott.  The Pumking was certainly a good expression of pumpkin beer.  Very pumpkin-y, with a graham cracker taste that reminded me of pumpkin ice cream.  I preferred the Warlock, though.  Pumpkin flavors weren't as intense and the sweeter stout base seemed to compliment it more.  Pumking would be nice once or twice a year, but I'd put Warlock in my 'rotation' of peanut butter, coffee, and chocolate stouts that I love.
I just bought some Warlock and I'm looking forward to it.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2014, 01:29:09 PM »

Back to cigars...

All good smokes, imo

That's the problem, I overthought it. How would you spend $200 on cigars? So many combinations and deals/jams that I couldn't decide. I was going to get the limited Tat Belle Encre Reserve in the travel humi, had CyB's in the cart with jam items, Tat lanceros with Mash items...still bought nothing
But you had some fine cigars on hold.... ::)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2014, 01:30:45 PM »

Back to cigars...

All good smokes, imo
Nice hidden post, rookie

I tried the Tiff and Chuck as there were two of each in the box.  Will start through the box in about a month.  Separate note, if you see the EPC 5th Anniversary or La Historia, be sure to give them a try.  Very different from each other, but solid in their own ways.  Would have gotten some to you, but my order arrived a week after my last visit.  Pretty reasonable by the box of 10 at Atlantic when in stock.  You wouldn't be sorry with that purchase.

Yeah, prices on those were much more reasonable than I thought they'd be.  I'll get around to ordering them eventually.  Been smoking down some random odds and ends lately.  Maybe I'll smoke the Chuck and Tiff back to back tonight, see how crazy I feel like getting. 

But as for those EPCs, I really haven't smoked one that I didn't enjoy, with exception maybe being the Elencos.  They're fine but I just don't like them nearly as much as any of the Short Runs and even some of his regular release stuff.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2014, 01:31:29 PM »

Back to cigars...

All good smokes, imo

I hear ya. Anytime I have some extra money to blow on cigars, you can't stop thinking about what to spend it on, since you could easily spend it on 20 different things.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2014, 01:33:34 PM »

Morning, all.  Looks like the Tuesday bitching is in full swing.
Not really, squash boy has been laying low, littlefish has been preoccupied and you just showed up.  So maybe gearing up now.
Going to a friends home inspection at 11a too since he couldn't get work off...going to need to banter my ass-off this afternoon!
You just letting them in, or are you knowledgeable in such matters?
It's new construction, so it should be pretty lax.  I consider myself handy(only takes a couple pumps) but his wife will be there and since we are good friends she wanted someone who is a homeowner, and a male, also there.
1-800-RENT-A-DOUCHE
Pretty sure that's the number his friend called.
I tried it before I posted, Sauce picked up
LMFAO!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2014, 01:33:36 PM »

Back to cigars...

All good smokes, imo

NOTHING!?!

How 'bout some Namakubi's? You're fucking dead to me...  ;)

Well, I guess you won't be disappointed on what you bought yourself then.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22