Morning, all.  Looks like the Tuesday bitching is in full swing.
Not really, squash boy has been laying low, littlefish has been preoccupied and you just showed up.  So maybe gearing up now.
Going to a friends home inspection at 11a too since he couldn't get work off...going to need to banter my ass-off this afternoon!
Don't want to loose another pumpkin with those lame excuses.

Morning, all.  Looks like the Tuesday bitching is in full swing.
Not really, squash boy has been laying low, littlefish has been preoccupied and you just showed up.  So maybe gearing up now.
Going to a friends home inspection at 11a too since he couldn't get work off...going to need to banter my ass-off this afternoon!
You just letting them in, or are you knowledgeable in such matters?
It's new construction, so it should be pretty lax.  I consider myself handy(only takes a couple pumps) but his wife will be there and since we are good friends she wanted someone who is a homeowner, and a male, also there.
Good thing you're a homeowner!

Any thoughts on the Sam Leccia Luchador's on the Cigar.com deal?

http://www.cigar.com/DailyDeal/ccCigarDeals.asp
The two I had I thought were OK, nothing stood out with them.

I wanted to try them but was rather underwhelmed by the White and Black, so just haven't rushed to pick one up.  Haven't seen singles available at one of the B&Ms out here, and I haven't noticed whether or not Churchills carries them.
You could always just split a fiver with Dan.

Walk time I would say.

Morning, all.  Looks like the Tuesday bitching is in full swing.
Not really, squash boy has been laying low, littlefish has been preoccupied and you just showed up.  So maybe gearing up now.
Going to a friends home inspection at 11a too since he couldn't get work off...going to need to banter my ass-off this afternoon!
You just letting them in, or are you knowledgeable in such matters?

Probably just sit on the doorstep.
Going to bring my own TP and see if I can clog his toilet for him
That's a valuable service.  Write up a business plan and I think you have something there.  It would behoove a new homeowner to hire you and the service could pay for itself if you get the seller to lower the price or fix the plumbing.  You could also write off your Taco Bell at the end of the year.

Speaking of which, it's lunchtime!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

Oh, and good morning, Joe. GFY!

Hello, Steve.

Did you say you've tried the Pumking? What about the Warlock?
Logged

jswaykos

Any thoughts on the Sam Leccia Luchador's on the Cigar.com deal?

http://www.cigar.com/DailyDeal/ccCigarDeals.asp
The two I had I thought were OK, nothing stood out with them.

I wanted to try them but was rather underwhelmed by the White and Black, so just haven't rushed to pick one up.  Haven't seen singles available at one of the B&Ms out here, and I haven't noticed whether or not Churchills carries them.
You could always just split a fiver with Dan.

Or I could buy a five pack, and when he asks to buy just one off of me, sell it to him.  Might actually see him later this week.  He's 'hosting' whiskey and cigars at his place.  AKA his wife doesn't allow him out any more.
Logged

jswaykos

Oh, and good morning, Joe. GFY!

Hello, Steve.

Did you say you've tried the Pumking? What about the Warlock?

I have tried both, courtesy of Scott.  The Pumking was certainly a good expression of pumpkin beer.  Very pumpkin-y, with a graham cracker taste that reminded me of pumpkin ice cream.  I preferred the Warlock, though.  Pumpkin flavors weren't as intense and the sweeter stout base seemed to compliment it more.  Pumking would be nice once or twice a year, but I'd put Warlock in my 'rotation' of peanut butter, coffee, and chocolate stouts that I love.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

Oh, and good morning, Joe. GFY!

Hello, Steve.

Did you say you've tried the Pumking? What about the Warlock?

I have tried both, courtesy of Scott.  The Pumking was certainly a good expression of pumpkin beer.  Very pumpkin-y, with a graham cracker taste that reminded me of pumpkin ice cream.  I preferred the Warlock, though.  Pumpkin flavors weren't as intense and the sweeter stout base seemed to compliment it more.  Pumking would be nice once or twice a year, but I'd put Warlock in my 'rotation' of peanut butter, coffee, and chocolate stouts that I love.

I had a feeling you'd prefer the Imperial. Both good though.
Logged

jswaykos

Oh, and good morning, Joe. GFY!

Hello, Steve.

Did you say you've tried the Pumking? What about the Warlock?

I have tried both, courtesy of Scott.  The Pumking was certainly a good expression of pumpkin beer.  Very pumpkin-y, with a graham cracker taste that reminded me of pumpkin ice cream.  I preferred the Warlock, though.  Pumpkin flavors weren't as intense and the sweeter stout base seemed to compliment it more.  Pumking would be nice once or twice a year, but I'd put Warlock in my 'rotation' of peanut butter, coffee, and chocolate stouts that I love.

I had a feeling you'd prefer the Imperial. Both good though.

Yeah, I tend to prefer the heavier stuff.  But not TOO heavy - those bourbon barrel beers tend to be a bit much for me.  Just WAY too sweet most of the time, and too boozy.  Which is weird, because I drink bourbon all the time, but for some reason in beers it's overpowering to me.  I've had a few recently where barrel influence wasn't very heavy, but they're usually an easy pass when I see some sort of limited release on the shelf.  They're more expensive, too, so the decision to not buy them is even easier.
Logged

jswaykos

Oh, and good morning, Joe. GFY!

Hello, Steve.

Did you say you've tried the Pumking? What about the Warlock?

I have tried both, courtesy of Scott.  The Pumking was certainly a good expression of pumpkin beer.  Very pumpkin-y, with a graham cracker taste that reminded me of pumpkin ice cream.  I preferred the Warlock, though.  Pumpkin flavors weren't as intense and the sweeter stout base seemed to compliment it more.  Pumking would be nice once or twice a year, but I'd put Warlock in my 'rotation' of peanut butter, coffee, and chocolate stouts that I love.

I had a feeling you'd prefer the Imperial. Both good though.

I would still say the Pumking is the best pumpkin ale I've ever had.  Souther Tier beers are great like that - they taste like what the label says it will.  Coronado Brewing put out a pumpkin beer that I'll try this weekend, too.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

Back to cigars...

I tried a Cabaiguan in a sampler a while back and really enjoyed it. I have been looking to purchase more, but the price can be somewhat intimidating. Anyone else like these, and what's a good price to look for.

Also see it's available in a maduro... anyone?
Logged

jswaykos

Back to cigars...

I tried a Cabaiguan in a sampler a while back and really enjoyed it. I have been looking to purchase more, but the price can be somewhat intimidating. Anyone else like these, and what's a good price to look for.

Also see it's available in a maduro... anyone?

Haven't shopped them much but feel like the lowest price I've seen has been at Cigar Auctioneer.  Couldn't tell you what the price is, though, I always miss the ends of the auction.  I just don't like them quite enough to justify the price, though I do enjoy them.  I've only had one maduro but I don't recall liking it as much as the non-maduro, whatever the wrapper was.  Also, not entirely sure which I've had (Cabaiguan, Cabaiguan RX, etc.).
[...]

Know what you mean about some of this stuff. I tried a Dragon's Milk, think it was New Holland. 10abv barrel aged stout. Had some difficulty finishing the 22, but finally downed it. Very boozy, and felt every bit of it. I recently re-visited with the 12oz versions. Easier to finish, but still very potent brews. Really got the bourbon flavor as well. You should give it a try if you haven't already... just to say you did. Ha!