CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: 9/26/2014  (Read 36251 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 9/26/2014
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2014, 12:42:56 PM »

Holy Chit!!!!   Pays to carry!

MOORE, Okla. (AP) — Police said Friday a man recently fired from a food processing plant in an Oklahoma City suburb beheaded a woman with a knife and was attacking another worker when he was shot and wounded by the owner of the company.
I guess beheadings are in vogue now?
Must be.   Just got measured for me a new CC holster as I don't have a lot of faith in the Raz system of personal defense.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2014, 12:45:15 PM »

MOORE, Okla. (AP) — Police said Friday a man recently fired from a food processing plant in an Oklahoma City suburb beheaded a woman with a knife and was attacking another worker when he was shot and wounded by the owner of the company.
Oh, hell.  No one needs to carry a gun.  There are all kinds of ways to defend yourself from a knife attack.  Call the cops.  Cower under your desk.  Write your congressman and have them introduce legislation to ban knives.  Wait for coworkers to call the police.  Wait for the police to arrive.  Try telling the attacker a joke to distract him.  Offer him your lunch.  Remind him of company policy about violence in the workplace.  Point out the "weapon-free zone" signs.
Clearly, you've never heard a really good joke.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2014, 12:47:55 PM »

Must be.   Just got measured for me a new CC holster as I don't have a lot of faith in the Raz system of personal defense.
When he's not being sarcastic, this is what the Raz system of personal defense looks like.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #183 on: September 26, 2014, 01:00:27 PM »

When he's not being sarcastic, this is what the Raz system of personal defense looks like.
Damn you carry that big ass shiny 1911?  ;D

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #184 on: September 26, 2014, 01:02:33 PM »

Oh, hell.  No one needs to carry a gun.  There are all kinds of ways to defend yourself from a knife attack.  Call the cops.  Cower under your desk.  Write your congressman and have them introduce legislation to ban knives.  Wait for coworkers to call the police.  Wait for the police to arrive.  Try telling the attacker a joke to distract him.  Offer him your lunch.  Remind him of company policy about violence in the workplace.  Point out the "weapon-free zone" signs.
Offering a good cigar and a cold beer. Just sayin'...

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #185 on: September 26, 2014, 01:04:33 PM »

Not that particular one, but the one I carry looks almost identical.  Except mine's from 1943.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #186 on: September 26, 2014, 01:11:42 PM »

One of those shiney pimp guns.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #187 on: September 26, 2014, 01:13:50 PM »

Not that particular one, but the one I carry looks almost identical.  Except mine's from 1943.
You must wear a damn overcoat!  IWB?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #188 on: September 26, 2014, 01:14:34 PM »

One of those shiney pimp guns.
Ain't no pos pimp carries a 1911.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #189 on: September 26, 2014, 01:16:54 PM »

There goes Tony's and some others' site access....

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #190 on: September 26, 2014, 01:17:09 PM »

And a Good Afternoon CB

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #191 on: September 26, 2014, 01:18:11 PM »

Yea, but get arrested for carrying a beer and lighting a cigar.... guns are at least allowed.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #192 on: September 26, 2014, 01:19:46 PM »

Yea, but get arrested for carrying a beer and lighting a cigar.... guns are at least allowed.
About right

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #193 on: September 26, 2014, 01:22:15 PM »

And a Good Afternoon CB
Good afternoon CB...back from lunch and counting down the seconds left until 4:30ish!

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #194 on: September 26, 2014, 01:24:31 PM »

And a Good Afternoon CB
TXRF Dave!  Nice autumn day here in beautiful Oxford.  Makes a man lazy.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21