Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1964, the musical "Fiddler on the Roof," starring Zero Mostel, opened on Broadway, beginning a run of 3,242 performances. The secret agent series "The Man from U.N.C.L.E.," starring Robert Vaughn and David McCallum, premiered on NBC-TV.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Jane Moore attempted to shoot President Gerald R. Ford outside a San Francisco hotel, but missed. (Moore served 32 years in prison before being paroled on Dec. 31, 2007.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1989, the Irish Republican Army bombed the Royal Marines School of Music in Deal, Kent, England, killing 11 band members. Songwriter Irving Berlin died in New York City at age 101.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1994, the situation comedy "Friends" debuted on NBC-TV.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Ten years ago: British hostage Kenneth Bigley, 62, appeared on a video posted on an Islamic Web site weeping and pleading for his life (Bigley was later beheaded by his captors). In Haiti, the death toll from Tropical Storm Jeanne topped 1,000. CBS-owned stations were fined a total of $550,000 by the Federal Communications Commission for Janet Jackson's exposed right breast during the Super Bowl XXXVIII (38) halftime show (however, a federal appeals court twice threw out the fine, and the U.S. Supreme Court refused to consider reinstating it.) The TV series "Lost" premiered on ABC.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Five years ago: President Barack Obama, visiting New York, brought together Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas for their first face-to-face meeting. Al-Qaida released a 106-minute-long video predicting President Obama's downfall at the hands of the Muslim world.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

One year ago: President Barack Obama spoke at a memorial service for the 12 men and women killed in the Washington Navy Yard shooting, calling on Americans to raise their voices against gun violence. A pair of Sunni militant suicide bombers blew themselves up inside a church in Peshawar, Pakistan, killing 85 Christian worshippers. German Chancellor Angela Merkel led her conservatives to a stunning election victory. "Breaking Bad" won best drama series while "Modern Family" was recognized as best comedy series at the 65th annual Primetime Emmy Awards.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Birthdays: Baseball Hall of Fame manager Tommy Lasorda is 87. Former NBA Commissioner David Stern is 72. Musician King Sunny Ade (ah-DAY') is 68. Actor Paul Le Mat is 68. Capt. Mark Phillips is 66. Rock singer David Coverdale (Deep Purple, Whitesnake) is 63. Actress Shari Belafonte is 60. Singer Debby Boone is 58. Country singer June Forester (The Forester Sisters) is 58. Singer Nick Cave is 57. Rock singer Johnette Napolitano is 57. Actress Lynn Herring is 57. Classical crossover singer Andrea Bocelli (an-DRAY'-ah boh-CHEL'-ee) is 56. Singer-musician Joan Jett is 56. Actor Scott Baio is 54. Actress Catherine Oxenberg is 53. Actress Bonnie Hunt is 53. Actor Rob Stone (TV: "Mr. Belvedere") is 52. Musician Matt Sharp is 45. Rock musician Dave Hernandez is 44. Rhythm-and-blues singer Big Rube (Society of Soul) is 43. Actress Mireille Enos is 39. Actress Daniella Alonso is 36. Actor Michael Graziadei (GRAHT'-zee-uh-day-ee) is 35. Actress Ashley Drane (Eckstein) is 33. Actress Katie Lowes (TV: "Scandal") is 32. Actor Tom Felton is 27. Actress Juliette Goglia is 19.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Thought for Today: "I saw old Autumn in the misty morn/ Stand shadowless like silence, listening/ To silence." — Thomas Hood, English author (1799-1845).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Lightbulb
-------------------------

Dogs' Views on Changing Light Bulbs

How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? Depends on the dog's point of view....

GOLDEN RETRIEVER: The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned out bulb?

BORDER COLLIE: Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code.

DACHSHUND: You know I can't reach that stupid bulb!

ROTTWEILER: Make me.

LAB: Oh, me, me!!!! Pleeeeeeze let me change the light bulb! Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh? Huh? Can I?

MALAMUTE: Let the Border Collie do it. You can feed me while he's busy.

JACK RUSSELL TERRIER: I'll just pop it in while I'm bouncing off the walls and furniture.

POODLE: I'll blow in the Border Collie's ear and he'll do it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.

COCKER SPANIEL: Why change it? I can pee on the carpet in the dark.

DOBERMAN PINSCHER: While it's dark, I'm going to sleep on the sofa.

BOXER: Who cares? I can play with my squeaky toys in the dark.

MASTIFF: Mastiffs are NOT afraid of the dark.

CHIHUAHUA: Yo quiero Taco Bulb.

IRISH WOLFHOUND: Can somebody else do it? I've got this hangover and..........

POINTER: I see it, there it is, there it is, right there!

GREYHOUND: It isn't moving. Who cares?

AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD: First, I'll put all the light bulbs in a little circle....

OLD ENGLISH SHEEP DOG: Light bulb? That thing I just ate was a light bulb?

HOUND DOG: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

And the CAT: Dogs do not change light bulbs. People change light bulbs and I am not one of them. So, the question is, how long will it be before I get some light in here?
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Time to hit the road for work guys, enjoy your day.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Time for a double sheesh it appears.

Morning LSU.

Damn it's Monday already and I did not sleep worth a crap last light.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25