CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on April 25, 2017, 12:00:17 AM

Title: 4/25/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on April 25, 2017, 12:00:17 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 25, 2017, 12:02:25 AM
Nica Rustica Belly.  A different smoke from the Brujito.  Mellower.  Less of the fire cured flavor.  Monster had some for a good price but haven't seen them offered for a while.
I haven't smoked in a while. A Nica Rustica sounds very good right about now. Never haf the belicoso.
a Churchill size with a pointy end.  Bet your back would feel better after a nice, relaxing smoke.  Gots to keep your smoke on Antnee.
Agreed. I'll get right on it. 😉
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 25, 2017, 12:03:10 AM
The sis' deal #3 has Virtues up for shank.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 25, 2017, 05:10:49 AM
Morning Snowflakes, Happy Two-Turd-Tuesday!
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 25, 2017, 05:12:29 AM
I am going to take today off, just can't see going to work.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 06:27:45 AM
I am going to take today off, just can't see going to work.
So you're having trouble with your eyes?  Sorry to hear that.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 06:28:52 AM
Great bargain at the FU today, of course brought to you by Gurkha!

Black Ops Berserker (Toro) (6.0"x50)
20 Cigars   IN STOCK   $9,999.99
SAVE $9,940 99% OFF
$59.99
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 06:30:27 AM
Morning CountdownDave.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 06:30:59 AM
Morning CountdownDave.
59 Days to the BOTL Retirement Party!
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 06:32:21 AM
Today is Tuesday, April 25, the 115th day of 2017. There are 250 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On April 25, 1507, a world map produced by German cartographer Martin Waldseemueller contained the first recorded use of the term "America," in honor of Italian navigator Amerigo Vespucci (vehs-POO'-chee).

On this date:

In 404 B.C., the Peloponnesian War ended as Athens surrendered to Sparta.

In 1792, French highwayman Nicolas Jacques Pelletier became the first person to be executed by the guillotine.

In 1862, during the Civil War, a Union fleet commanded by Flag Officer David G. Farragut captured the city of New Orleans.

In 1915, during World War I, Allied soldiers invaded the Gallipoli (guh-LIHP'-uh-lee) Peninsula in an unsuccessful attempt to take the Ottoman Empire out of the war.

In 1917, legendary jazz singer Ella Fitzgerald was born in Newport News, Virginia.

In 1945, during World War II, U.S. and Soviet forces linked up on the Elbe (EL'-beh) River, a meeting that dramatized the collapse of Nazi Germany's defenses. Delegates from some 50 countries gathered in San Francisco to organize the United Nations.

In 1959, the St. Lawrence Seaway opened to shipping.

In 1964, vandals sawed off the head of the "Little Mermaid" statue in Copenhagen, Denmark.

In 1974, the "Carnation Revolution" took place in Portugal as a bloodless military coup toppled the Estado Novo regime.

In 1983, 10-year-old Samantha Smith of Manchester, Maine, received a reply from Soviet leader Yuri V. Andropov to a letter she'd written expressing her concerns about nuclear war; Andropov gave assurances that the Soviet Union did not want war, and invited Samantha to visit his country, a trip she made in July.

In 1990, the Hubble Space Telescope was deployed in orbit from the space shuttle Discovery. (It was later discovered that the telescope's primary mirror was flawed, requiring the installation of corrective components to achieve optimal focus.)

In 2002, Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes of the Grammy-winning trio TLC died in an SUV crash in Honduras; she was 30.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 06:32:55 AM
Ten years ago: Brushing off a presidential veto threat, the House passed, 218-208, a $124.2 billion supplemental spending bill ordering U.S. troops to begin coming home from Iraq in the fall of 2007. The Dow Jones industrial average topped 13,000 for the first time, ending the day at 13,089.89. Rosie O'Donnell announced she was leaving the ABC talk show "The View" (she returned to the program in 2014, but left again the following year). Singer-songwriter Bobby "Boris" Pickett of "Monster Mash" fame died in Los Angeles at age 69.

Five years ago: The U.S. Supreme Court heard arguments on Arizona's tough immigration law. (A divided court later threw out major parts of the law.)

One year ago: The city of Cleveland reached a $6 million settlement in a lawsuit over the death of Tamir Rice, a 12-year-old black boy shot by a white police officer while playing with a pellet gun outside a recreation center. A panel of the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan ruled 2-to-1 that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady had to serve a four-game "Deflategate" suspension imposed by the NFL, overturning a lower judge and siding with the league in a battle with the players union. (Brady ended up serving the suspension.)
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 06:33:51 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actor Al Pacino is 77. Ballroom dance judge Len Goodman (TV: "Dancing with the Stars") is 73. Rock musician Stu Cook (Creedence Clearwater Revival) is 72. Singer Bjorn Ulvaeus (BYORN ul-VAY'-us) (ABBA) is 72. Actress Talia Shire is 72. Actor Jeffrey DeMunn is 70. Rock musician Steve Ferrone (Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers) is 67. Country singer-songwriter Rob Crosby is 63. Actor Hank Azaria is 53. Rock singer Andy Bell (Erasure) is 53. Rock musician Eric Avery is 52. Country musician Rory Feek (Joey + Rory) is 52. TV personality Jane Clayson is 50. Actress Renee Zellweger is 48. Actress Gina Torres is 48. Actor Jason Lee is 47. Actor Jason Wiles is 47. Actress Emily Bergl is 42. Actor Jonathan Angel is 40. Actress Marguerite Moreau is 40. Singer Jacob Underwood is 37. Actress Melonie Diaz is 33. Actress Sara Paxton is 29. Actress Allisyn Ashley Arm is 21.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 25, 2017, 06:33:53 AM
Morning CountdownDave.
Morning Cinci Dave
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 06:34:15 AM
Thought for Today: "There are two great rules of life, the one general and the other particular. The first is that everyone can, in the end, get what he wants if he only tries. This is the general rule. The particular rule is that every individual is more or less an exception to the general rule." - Samuel Butler, English author (1835-1902).
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 25, 2017, 06:51:37 AM
Great bargain at the FU today, of course brought to you by Gurkha!

Black Ops Berserker (Toro) (6.0"x50)
20 Cigars   IN STOCK   $9,999.99
SAVE $9,940 99% OFF
$59.99
Better deal than yesterday, when they were on sale for $9,999.99. Morning, Tuesday turds.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 25, 2017, 06:51:54 AM
Morning CountdownDave.
59 Days to the BOTL Retirement Party!
And down to single digits until CF, only 9 days to go!
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 25, 2017, 06:54:51 AM
Anyone have some spare change they could donate towards building a giant wall? Money's tight, and the original "investors" have dropped out. Asking for a friend. :D
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 06:58:35 AM
Apparently in honor of 2sDay, Arkansas executed two prisoners.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 07:00:04 AM
Anyone have some spare change they could donate towards building a giant wall? Money's tight, and the original "investors" have dropped out. Asking for a friend. :D
Used to be the Republicans would shut down government to show the Democrats who's boss.  Now they just do it for kicks.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 07:01:04 AM
Morning PoconosGolfingDave.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: sfish on April 25, 2017, 07:10:01 AM
Good morning daves
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 07:17:45 AM
Morning PoconosGolfingFish.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 25, 2017, 07:21:48 AM
Morning PoconosGolfingDave.
One can only hope!
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 25, 2017, 07:22:07 AM
Apparently in honor of 2sDay, Arkansas executed two prisoners.
Hoped they shared the same needle. No sense wasting them at that point.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Threebean on April 25, 2017, 07:23:02 AM
Good morning Fishy, HookyDave, and CommieDaves.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Threebean on April 25, 2017, 07:28:14 AM
The sis' deal #3 has Virtues up for shank.
And door #2 with the unusual MoW size, at least for daily deals.  Think I'll stick with the corona.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 07:29:55 AM
The sis' deal #3 has Virtues up for shank.
And door #2 with the unusual MoW size, at least for daily deals.  Think I'll stick with the corona.
Agree about the corona.  Morning HitOrMissBean.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 25, 2017, 07:40:07 AM
Good morning, ladies.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 25, 2017, 07:42:55 AM
Good morning, ladies.
Good morning, pot.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 25, 2017, 07:50:45 AM
Anyone have some spare change they could donate towards building a giant wall? Money's tight, and the original "investors" have dropped out. Asking for a friend. :D
Hahaha. That's gonna earn ya 3 letters.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 25, 2017, 07:58:04 AM
Anyone have some spare change they could donate towards building a giant wall? Money's tight, and the original "investors" have dropped out. Asking for a friend. :D
Hahaha. That's gonna earn ya 3 letters.
Predictability win!
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 08:02:07 AM
Morning MommaTony.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 25, 2017, 08:20:24 AM
Morning MommaTony.
Good morning to you, OHDavetoo.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 25, 2017, 08:23:02 AM
It's back to the unemployment office for me again today. Trying to get them to pay for a course and I'm attempting to jump through all their hoops before my start date, which is still undetermined.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: sfish on April 25, 2017, 08:35:20 AM
It's back to the unemployment office for me again today. Trying to get them to pay for a course and I'm attempting to jump through all their hoops before my start date, which is still undetermined.
Do they have free donuts down there or something?
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 25, 2017, 08:52:38 AM
It's back to the unemployment office for me again today. Trying to get them to pay for a course and I'm attempting to jump through all their hoops before my start date, which is still undetermined.
Do they have free donuts down there or something?
Hey, he's on a diet!
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: sfish on April 25, 2017, 08:53:35 AM
It's back to the unemployment office for me again today. Trying to get them to pay for a course and I'm attempting to jump through all their hoops before my start date, which is still undetermined.
Do they have free donuts down there or something?
Hey, he's on a diet!
Half a donut?
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: sfish on April 25, 2017, 08:54:10 AM
It's back to the unemployment office for me again today. Trying to get them to pay for a course and I'm attempting to jump through all their hoops before my start date, which is still undetermined.
Do they have free donuts down there or something?
Hey, he's on a diet!
He actually dropped a lot of weight...from his belly to his ass!
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 25, 2017, 08:59:16 AM
It's back to the unemployment office for me again today. Trying to get them to pay for a course and I'm attempting to jump through all their hoops before my start date, which is still undetermined.
Do they have free donuts down there or something?
Hey, he's on a diet!
He actually dropped a lot of weight...from his belly to his ass!
Tuesday bam!
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 09:04:46 AM
It's back to the unemployment office for me again today. Trying to get them to pay for a course and I'm attempting to jump through all their hoops before my start date, which is still undetermined.
If they still haven't decided, there is NO excuse for you missing next Friday.  Maybe should go with one of the other jobs.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: sfish on April 25, 2017, 09:08:12 AM
It's back to the unemployment office for me again today. Trying to get them to pay for a course and I'm attempting to jump through all their hoops before my start date, which is still undetermined.
Stop the nonsense and get your ass to the CFest house!
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: sfish on April 25, 2017, 09:09:46 AM
It's back to the unemployment office for me again today. Trying to get them to pay for a course and I'm attempting to jump through all their hoops before my start date, which is still undetermined.
Do they have free donuts down there or something?
Hey, he's on a diet!
He actually dropped a lot of weight...from his belly to his ass!
Tuesday bam!
Extended forecast isn't great for May4/5 in Lake Harmony, highs of 65 and 40% chance of rain. Hopefully it improves, as it's very early yet
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 25, 2017, 09:11:30 AM
It's back to the unemployment office for me again today. Trying to get them to pay for a course and I'm attempting to jump through all their hoops before my start date, which is still undetermined.
Do they have free donuts down there or something?
Hey, he's on a diet!
He actually dropped a lot of weight...from his belly to his ass!
Tuesday bam!
Extended forecast isn't great for May4/5 in Lake Harmony, highs of 65 and 40% chance of rain. Hopefully it improves, as it's very early yet
Still loads of time for it to get better. Already better than it was, which was 100% rain, so I've got my fingers crossed. I won't get nervous until about Tuesday.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 25, 2017, 09:14:11 AM
Another bad commute for Flip -trains are subject to up to 45 min delays in/out of NY, due to single track. Trains being diverted into Hoboken. Oh boy.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 25, 2017, 09:25:00 AM
Fuk'n GDMF'n swimming pool!   Rechargeable battery pack in the wireless remote is no longer produced and not replaceable, manufacture says you will need to replace the entire unit @ $475.  Sons of a crooked bitch!  Not available at batteries plus either.  Fortunately it at least works when the charger is plugged, just gives an error message to change batteries.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 25, 2017, 09:25:21 AM
Another bad commute for Flip -trains are subject to up to 45 min delays in/out of NY, due to single track. Trains being diverted into Hoboken. Oh boy.
I continue to be amazed that anything gets done in that city on a daily basis.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 25, 2017, 09:26:13 AM
Roofers are working away, a pretty big ass roofing job to do this house.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 25, 2017, 09:40:11 AM

Roofers are working away, to cover my pretty big ass.

Fixed it for ya. What? It's Tuesday.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 25, 2017, 09:59:27 AM

Roofers are working away, to cover my pretty big ass.

Fixed it for ya. What? It's Tuesday.
FU Tiuesday
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 25, 2017, 10:04:02 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 25, 2017, 10:08:55 AM
Morning, muchachos.
GFY.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 25, 2017, 10:09:32 AM
Morning, muchachos.
GFY.
Thanks. And a big one right backatcha.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 25, 2017, 10:28:42 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz. Any gun purchases today to push your cigar purchases off until July?
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 25, 2017, 10:35:13 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz. Any gun purchases today to push your cigar purchases off until July?
Nope. But the Shield .45 arrives today.

I anticipate no further firearm purchases until late summer. Time to start building up the ammo reserves, replenish the Cuban cigar stock, and put some money away for the hunting trip.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 25, 2017, 10:41:15 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz. Any gun purchases today to push your cigar purchases off until July?
Nope. But the Shield .45 arrives today.

I anticipate no further firearm purchases until late summer. Time to start building up the ammo reserves, replenish the Cuban cigar stock, and put some money away for the hunting trip.
Tex, that's your cue to post a great deal.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 25, 2017, 10:42:06 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz. Any gun purchases today to push your cigar purchases off until July?
Nope. But the Shield .45 arrives today.

I anticipate no further firearm purchases until late summer. Time to start building up the ammo reserves, replenish the Cuban cigar stock, and put some money away for the hunting trip.
Tex, that's your cue to post a great deal.
Make like a shepherd and go flock yourself.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 25, 2017, 10:42:40 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz. Any gun purchases today to push your cigar purchases off until July?
Nope. But the Shield .45 arrives today.

I anticipate no further firearm purchases until late summer. Time to start building up the ammo reserves, replenish the Cuban cigar stock, and put some money away for the hunting trip.
Tex, that's your cue to post a great deal.
He's too busy micromanaging the roofers.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 25, 2017, 10:44:57 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz. Any gun purchases today to push your cigar purchases off until July?
Nope. But the Shield .45 arrives today.

I anticipate no further firearm purchases until late summer. Time to start building up the ammo reserves, replenish the Cuban cigar stock, and put some money away for the hunting trip.
Tex, that's your cue to post a great deal.
He's too busy micromanaging the roofers.
He's out trying to get them to drop the price in exchange for him not reporting them to ICE.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on April 25, 2017, 10:45:15 AM
Great bargain at the FU today, of course brought to you by Gurkha!

Black Ops Berserker (Toro) (6.0"x50)
20 Cigars   IN STOCK   $9,999.99
SAVE $9,940 99% OFF
$59.99
Better deal than yesterday, when they were on sale for $9,999.99. Morning, Tuesday turds.
Have I taught you nothing, never pay redonkulous MSRP for Gurkha.  I don't like paying $3.00
a cigar for a Gurkha Centurian, no more that $1.50 for a Black Ops....
good morning boys..
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on April 25, 2017, 10:47:04 AM
Anyone have some spare change they could donate towards building a giant wall? Money's tight, and the original "investors" have dropped out. Asking for a friend. :D
the original investors were a figment of someone's imagination, but he got a lot
of sheeple to chant that Mexico was going to pay for "the wall".
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on April 25, 2017, 10:49:42 AM
Another bad commute for Flip -trains are subject to up to 45 min delays in/out of NY, due to single track. Trains being diverted into Hoboken. Oh boy.
yeah, we spent a bunch of time in the tunnel this morning.  8:38 train, didn't get to the
office till 10:15.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on April 25, 2017, 10:51:44 AM
Fuk'n GDMF'n swimming pool!   Rechargeable battery pack in the wireless remote is no longer produced and not replaceable, manufacture says you will need to replace the entire unit @ $475.  Sons of a crooked bitch!  Not available at batteries plus either.  Fortunately it at least works when the charger is plugged, just gives an error message to change batteries.
Wireless remote for what?  to turn on the pool filter? don't tell me you have a heated pool in Texas....
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 25, 2017, 11:02:01 AM
Fuk'n GDMF'n swimming pool!   Rechargeable battery pack in the wireless remote is no longer produced and not replaceable, manufacture says you will need to replace the entire unit @ $475.  Sons of a crooked bitch!  Not available at batteries plus either.  Fortunately it at least works when the charger is plugged, just gives an error message to change batteries.
Wireless remote for what?  to turn on the pool filter? don't tell me you have a heated pool in Texas....
I think swimming pools are a lot like boats, in that the two happiest days of your life are when you get it and when you get rid of it.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 25, 2017, 11:05:31 AM
Another bad commute for Flip -trains are subject to up to 45 min delays in/out of NY, due to single track. Trains being diverted into Hoboken. Oh boy.
yeah, we spent a bunch of time in the tunnel this morning.  8:38 train, didn't get to the
office till 10:15.
I heard there might be a rail strike soon. Wonder if we'll notice.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 11:33:50 AM
Another bad commute for Flip -trains are subject to up to 45 min delays in/out of NY, due to single track. Trains being diverted into Hoboken. Oh boy.
yeah, we spent a bunch of time in the tunnel this morning.  8:38 train, didn't get to the
office till 10:15.
I heard there might be a rail strike soon. Wonder if we'll notice.
I won't.
Fuk NYC and the ex that lives there.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 25, 2017, 11:42:19 AM
Another bad commute for Flip -trains are subject to up to 45 min delays in/out of NY, due to single track. Trains being diverted into Hoboken. Oh boy.
yeah, we spent a bunch of time in the tunnel this morning.  8:38 train, didn't get to the
office till 10:15.
I heard there might be a rail strike soon. Wonder if we'll notice.
I won't.
Fuk NYC and the ex that lives there.
Yeah, bastiges!
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on April 25, 2017, 12:10:50 PM
good afternoon. no exotic med cocktail. low dose steroids for 3 months and CIMZIA. just waiting on insurance approval. cost is almost $4000 per injection (CERTOLIZUMAB is used to treat Crohn's disease, psoriatic arthritis, or rheumatoid arthritis. The lowest GoodRx price for the most common version of Cimzia is around $3,762.21, 14% off the average retail price of $4,419.33.), 2 injections per treatment. 3 treatments in 4 weeks, then maintenance of either 1 injection every two weeks or 2 injections every 4 weeks. if I pick up or they mail the medication I have to pay. if I drive 45 minutes to the arthritis center and they administer the drug it is free with no copay. so I have no problem driving.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 12:12:32 PM
good afternoon. no exotic med cocktail. low dose steroids for 3 months and CIMZIA. just waiting on insurance approval. cost is almost $4000 per injection (CERTOLIZUMAB is used to treat Crohn's disease, psoriatic arthritis, or rheumatoid arthritis. The lowest GoodRx price for the most common version of Cimzia is around $3,762.21, 14% off the average retail price of $4,419.33.), 2 injections per treatment. 3 treatments in 4 weeks, then maintenance of either 1 injection every two weeks or 2 injections every 4 weeks. if I pick up or they mail the medication I have to pay. if I drive 45 minutes to the arthritis center and they administer the drug it is free with no copay. so I have no problem driving.
So it's like buying Gurkha's then...
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on April 25, 2017, 12:26:58 PM
good afternoon. no exotic med cocktail. low dose steroids for 3 months and CIMZIA. just waiting on insurance approval. cost is almost $4000 per injection (CERTOLIZUMAB is used to treat Crohn's disease, psoriatic arthritis, or rheumatoid arthritis. The lowest GoodRx price for the most common version of Cimzia is around $3,762.21, 14% off the average retail price of $4,419.33.), 2 injections per treatment. 3 treatments in 4 weeks, then maintenance of either 1 injection every two weeks or 2 injections every 4 weeks. if I pick up or they mail the medication I have to pay. if I drive 45 minutes to the arthritis center and they administer the drug it is free with no copay. so I have no problem driving.
So it's like buying Gurkha's then...

definately not. even if Gurkhas were free I wouldn't drive to get them.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 25, 2017, 12:42:26 PM
Fuk'n GDMF'n swimming pool!   Rechargeable battery pack in the wireless remote is no longer produced and not replaceable, manufacture says you will need to replace the entire unit @ $475.  Sons of a crooked bitch!  Not available at batteries plus either.  Fortunately it at least works when the charger is plugged, just gives an error message to change batteries.
Wireless remote for what?  to turn on the pool filter? don't tell me you have a heated pool in Texas....
All pool operations and yes it is heated.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on April 25, 2017, 01:04:24 PM
Fuk'n GDMF'n swimming pool!   Rechargeable battery pack in the wireless remote is no longer produced and not replaceable, manufacture says you will need to replace the entire unit @ $475.  Sons of a crooked bitch!  Not available at batteries plus either.  Fortunately it at least works when the charger is plugged, just gives an error message to change batteries.
Wireless remote for what?  to turn on the pool filter? don't tell me you have a heated pool in Texas....
All pool operations and yes it is heated.
tell them there is no remote, or the dog ate the remote, or could I interest you in some cigars....
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 01:12:59 PM
good afternoon. no exotic med cocktail. low dose steroids for 3 months and CIMZIA. just waiting on insurance approval. cost is almost $4000 per injection (CERTOLIZUMAB is used to treat Crohn's disease, psoriatic arthritis, or rheumatoid arthritis. The lowest GoodRx price for the most common version of Cimzia is around $3,762.21, 14% off the average retail price of $4,419.33.), 2 injections per treatment. 3 treatments in 4 weeks, then maintenance of either 1 injection every two weeks or 2 injections every 4 weeks. if I pick up or they mail the medication I have to pay. if I drive 45 minutes to the arthritis center and they administer the drug it is free with no copay. so I have no problem driving.
So it's like buying Gurkha's then...

definately not. even if Gurkhas were free I wouldn't drive to get them.
Good point.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 25, 2017, 01:15:01 PM
good afternoon. no exotic med cocktail. low dose steroids for 3 months and CIMZIA. just waiting on insurance approval. cost is almost $4000 per injection (CERTOLIZUMAB is used to treat Crohn's disease, psoriatic arthritis, or rheumatoid arthritis. The lowest GoodRx price for the most common version of Cimzia is around $3,762.21, 14% off the average retail price of $4,419.33.), 2 injections per treatment. 3 treatments in 4 weeks, then maintenance of either 1 injection every two weeks or 2 injections every 4 weeks. if I pick up or they mail the medication I have to pay. if I drive 45 minutes to the arthritis center and they administer the drug it is free with no copay. so I have no problem driving.
Some serious medication at a serious costs.  Hardly take two pills as see me in the morning.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 25, 2017, 01:19:22 PM
good afternoon. no exotic med cocktail. low dose steroids for 3 months and CIMZIA. just waiting on insurance approval. cost is almost $4000 per injection (CERTOLIZUMAB is used to treat Crohn's disease, psoriatic arthritis, or rheumatoid arthritis. The lowest GoodRx price for the most common version of Cimzia is around $3,762.21, 14% off the average retail price of $4,419.33.), 2 injections per treatment. 3 treatments in 4 weeks, then maintenance of either 1 injection every two weeks or 2 injections every 4 weeks. if I pick up or they mail the medication I have to pay. if I drive 45 minutes to the arthritis center and they administer the drug it is free with no copay. so I have no problem driving.
Some serious medication at a serious costs.  Hardly take two pills as see me in the morning.
Speaking of which, it's time to remedicate.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on April 25, 2017, 01:28:29 PM
good afternoon. no exotic med cocktail. low dose steroids for 3 months and CIMZIA. just waiting on insurance approval. cost is almost $4000 per injection (CERTOLIZUMAB is used to treat Crohn's disease, psoriatic arthritis, or rheumatoid arthritis. The lowest GoodRx price for the most common version of Cimzia is around $3,762.21, 14% off the average retail price of $4,419.33.), 2 injections per treatment. 3 treatments in 4 weeks, then maintenance of either 1 injection every two weeks or 2 injections every 4 weeks. if I pick up or they mail the medication I have to pay. if I drive 45 minutes to the arthritis center and they administer the drug it is free with no copay. so I have no problem driving.
Some serious medication at a serious costs.  Hardly take two pills as see me in the morning.
Speaking of which, it's time to remedicate.
it's time for ice cream cake, at the office, my kind of meeting.....
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 25, 2017, 02:10:14 PM
It's been a productive day. Two steps closer to getting unemployment to pay for my class. Next step of the bureaucratic journey happens next Monday morning... Unless I've started working, in which case all that work was for naught.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 25, 2017, 02:19:06 PM
It's been a productive day. Two steps closer to getting unemployment to pay for my class. Next step of the bureaucratic journey happens next Monday morning... Unless I've started working, in which case all that work was for naught.
Only 5 more steps to go!
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 25, 2017, 02:19:32 PM
Busy afternoon, and an early out for me today, since I have to pick up the kids at school. Until tomorrow, hazzuh!
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on April 25, 2017, 02:28:36 PM
Busy afternoon, and an early out for me today, since I have to pick up the kids at school. Until tomorrow, hazzuh!
bye golf...
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 25, 2017, 02:30:30 PM
It's been a productive day. Two steps closer to getting unemployment to pay for my class. Next step of the bureaucratic journey happens next Monday morning... Unless I've started working, in which case all that work was for naught.
Only 5 more steps to go!
I wish.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 25, 2017, 02:31:58 PM
Busy afternoon, and an early out for me today, since I have to pick up the kids at school. Until tomorrow, hazzuh!
Later, LTG.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on April 25, 2017, 02:37:28 PM
[...]
nice kind of meeting.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on April 25, 2017, 02:52:04 PM
[...]
they had coffee too!  8)
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on April 25, 2017, 03:12:26 PM
[...]
even better!
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 25, 2017, 03:39:13 PM
good afternoon. no exotic med cocktail. low dose steroids for 3 months and CIMZIA. just waiting on insurance approval. cost is almost $4000 per injection (CERTOLIZUMAB is used to treat Crohn's disease, psoriatic arthritis, or rheumatoid arthritis. The lowest GoodRx price for the most common version of Cimzia is around $3,762.21, 14% off the average retail price of $4,419.33.), 2 injections per treatment. 3 treatments in 4 weeks, then maintenance of either 1 injection every two weeks or 2 injections every 4 weeks. if I pick up or they mail the medication I have to pay. if I drive 45 minutes to the arthritis center and they administer the drug it is free with no copay. so I have no problem driving.
Some serious medication at a serious costs.  Hardly take two pills as see me in the morning.
Speaking of which, it's time to remedicate.
2-4-6-8 Let'a remedicate!
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 25, 2017, 03:41:38 PM
Sheesh, roofing chit everywhere and I don't even have a place to enjoy a smoke this afternoon.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on April 25, 2017, 03:45:22 PM
Sheesh, roofing chit everywhere and I don't even have a place to enjoy a smoke this afternoon.
that should have been part of the contract.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 25, 2017, 04:02:08 PM
Sheesh, roofing chit everywhere and I don't even have a place to enjoy a smoke this afternoon.
that should have been part of the contract.
Damn right!

But I am really just glad I am not up there on that hot-ass steep roof.  86 degrees here and 60% humidity so some kind of hot on that roof.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on April 25, 2017, 04:19:07 PM
Sheesh, roofing chit everywhere and I don't even have a place to enjoy a smoke this afternoon.
that should have been part of the contract.
Damn right!

But I am really just glad I am not up there on that hot-ass steep roof.  86 degrees here and 60% humidity so some kind of hot on that roof.
I agree. better them than you.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 04:50:36 PM
Sheesh, roofing chit everywhere and I don't even have a place to enjoy a smoke this afternoon.
that should have been part of the contract.
Damn right!

But I am really just glad I am not up there on that hot-ass steep roof.  86 degrees here and 60% humidity so some kind of hot on that roof.
I agree. better them than you.
That's what we always say about your jobs Dean.  Or guess I should go with that's what we always said...
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on April 25, 2017, 04:59:17 PM
Sheesh, roofing chit everywhere and I don't even have a place to enjoy a smoke this afternoon.
that should have been part of the contract.
Damn right!

But I am really just glad I am not up there on that hot-ass steep roof.  86 degrees here and 60% humidity so some kind of hot on that roof.
I agree. better them than you.
That's what we always say about your jobs Dean.  Or guess I should go with that's what we always said...
other than swimming pool and deck for the lady, all I have to do is the laminate flooring in the kitchen still, replace 5 interior doors, 2 exterior doors, get window screens, replace 5 cabinette doors, install 140 lf of trim, as money and time allows. I get reimbursed AFTER projects are done.
it'll all be done before Mark finishes his crown molding.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Threebean on April 25, 2017, 06:05:34 PM
Sheesh, roofing chit everywhere and I don't even have a place to enjoy a smoke this afternoon.
that should have been part of the contract.
Damn right!

But I am really just glad I am not up there on that hot-ass steep roof.  86 degrees here and 60% humidity so some kind of hot on that roof.
I agree. better them than you.
That's what we always say about your jobs Dean.  Or guess I should go with that's what we always said...
other than swimming pool and deck for the lady, all I have to do is the laminate flooring in the kitchen still, replace 5 interior doors, 2 exterior doors, get window screens, replace 5 cabinette doors, install 140 lf of trim, as money and time allows. I get reimbursed AFTER projects are done.
it'll all be done before Mark finishes his crown molding.
But not before I say GFY...
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Threebean on April 25, 2017, 06:07:03 PM
Sheesh, roofing chit everywhere and I don't even have a place to enjoy a smoke this afternoon.
that should have been part of the contract.
Damn right!

But I am really just glad I am not up there on that hot-ass steep roof.  86 degrees here and 60% humidity so some kind of hot on that roof.
I agree. better them than you.
That's what we always say about your jobs Dean.  Or guess I should go with that's what we always said...
other than swimming pool and deck for the lady, all I have to do is the laminate flooring in the kitchen still, replace 5 interior doors, 2 exterior doors, get window screens, replace 5 cabinette doors, install 140 lf of trim, as money and time allows. I get reimbursed AFTER projects are done.
it'll all be done before Mark finishes his crown molding.
"All I have to do....".  Dean, the master of understatement.  I am curious why interior doors and cabinet doors require replacement.  WTF went down in that place before you got there?
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 25, 2017, 06:18:33 PM
Sheesh, roofing chit everywhere and I don't even have a place to enjoy a smoke this afternoon.
that should have been part of the contract.
Damn right!

But I am really just glad I am not up there on that hot-ass steep roof.  86 degrees here and 60% humidity so some kind of hot on that roof.
I agree. better them than you.
That's what we always say about your jobs Dean.  Or guess I should go with that's what we always said...
other than swimming pool and deck for the lady, all I have to do is the laminate flooring in the kitchen still, replace 5 interior doors, 2 exterior doors, get window screens, replace 5 cabinette doors, install 140 lf of trim, as money and time allows. I get reimbursed AFTER projects are done.
it'll all be done before Mark finishes his crown molding.
But not before I say GFY...
Would it help if I go back and delete your original post where you mentioned the forsaken crown mouldings??
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 25, 2017, 06:43:07 PM
[...]

The gun fight at the OK corral?  Saint Valentine's Day massacre?  The attack pf the deadbeats?
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 06:43:33 PM
[...]

Really.  Would have been a shorter list if he listed items that didn't have to be repaired or replaced.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 06:44:39 PM
[...]

AND, if all that is bad, do you mean to tell me toilets, sinks, showers and lighting fixtures are in good shape??   ::)
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 25, 2017, 06:56:36 PM
[...]

Dean has flush toilets?  I thought that's what the house behind the house was for.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Threebean on April 25, 2017, 07:01:16 PM
[...]

That would be a good​ step in the direction I'm taking that it never existed in the first place.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 07:20:14 PM
[...]

Yea, but I forget if its the building he's allowed to use or the one he is not.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Threebean on April 25, 2017, 07:32:03 PM
[...]

You know ol Dean is dying to get into the 50 Shades of Gray shed.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Threebean on April 25, 2017, 07:47:56 PM
@TxDave: Picked up a six pack of the Sweetwater 420 at Total Wine.  Not generally an IPA fan, but this is good stuff.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 25, 2017, 08:13:56 PM
@TxDave: Picked up a six pack of the Sweetwater 420 at Total Wine.  Not generally an IPA fan, but this is good stuff.
I would not steer you wrong on beer.  I bought some Saturday at HEB.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 25, 2017, 08:53:43 PM
[...]

Meth lab?  Meeting place of the coven?
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 08:59:21 PM
[...]

All strong contenders.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 25, 2017, 09:00:12 PM
Guess Daddy bought Titty Baby Bush his own baseball team since he got his feelings hurt running for president.

The group of buyers led by Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush has reportedly won the auction to purchase the Miami Marlins.Scott Soshnick of Bloomberg reported the auction results. Per Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, the Marlins "are moving forward with the Jeb Bush/Jeter group and are optimistic deal will be reached for sale."Jackson noted the sale price as $1.3 billion and added Bush would be the controlling owner with Jeter having an "active role." Forbes estimated the Marlins' value at $940 million.  Bids were in the $1.2-1.3 billion range.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 25, 2017, 09:31:32 PM
Roofers just left, put in a solid 13 hours of hard-ass work.  Amazing!
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 25, 2017, 09:36:54 PM
Now here is a real Twister!

Austin couple who share girlfriend want three parents for their children

A married couple with three children are filing for divorce so their shared girlfriend won't feel left out.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/texas/article/Austin-couple-who-share-girlfriend-want-three-11096996.php

Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 25, 2017, 09:45:31 PM
Roofers just left, put in a solid 13 hours of hard-ass work.  Amazing!
Did they clear a space for you?
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 25, 2017, 10:03:12 PM
Roofers just left, put in a solid 13 hours of hard-ass work.  Amazing!
Did they clear a space for you?
Yeah, they cleaned things up nicely but will be back at 7:00 in the morning.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 25, 2017, 10:15:21 PM
Roofers just left, put in a solid 13 hours of hard-ass work.  Amazing!
Did they clear a space for you?
Yeah, they cleaned things up nicely but will be back at 7:00 in the morning.
Get some rest. It'll be here before long. I'm gonna go rustle up some dinner myself.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 25, 2017, 10:40:37 PM
Roofers just left, put in a solid 13 hours of hard-ass work.  Amazing!
Did they clear a space for you?
Yeah, they cleaned things up nicely but will be back at 7:00 in the morning.
Get some rest. It'll be here before long. I'm gonna go rustle up some dinner myself.
Went with a reheated big ole bowl of chili that I had made over the weekend. It was even better today.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: Threebean on April 25, 2017, 10:57:01 PM
Roofers just left, put in a solid 13 hours of hard-ass work.  Amazing!
Did they clear a space for you?
Yeah, they cleaned things up nicely but will be back at 7:00 in the morning.
Get some rest. It'll be here before long. I'm gonna go rustle up some dinner myself.
Went with a reheated big ole bowl of chili that I had made over the weekend. It was even better today.
Better remove the batteries from the bed/bath smoke detectors.
Roofers just left, put in a solid 13 hours of hard-ass work.  Amazing!
Did they clear a space for you?
Yeah, they cleaned things up nicely but will be back at 7:00 in the morning.
Get some rest. It'll be here before long. I'm gonna go rustle up some dinner myself.
Went with a reheated big ole bowl of chili that I had made over the weekend. It was even better today.
Title: Re: 4/25/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 25, 2017, 11:05:28 PM
Roofers just left, put in a solid 13 hours of hard-ass work.  Amazing!
Did they clear a space for you?
Yeah, they cleaned things up nicely but will be back at 7:00 in the morning.
Get some rest. It'll be here before long. I'm gonna go rustle up some dinner myself.
Went with a reheated big ole bowl of chili that I had made over the weekend. It was even better today.
Better remove the batteries from the bed/bath smoke detectors.
Roofers just left, put in a solid 13 hours of hard-ass work.  Amazing!
Did they clear a space for you?
Yeah, they cleaned things up nicely but will be back at 7:00 in the morning.
Get some rest. It'll be here before long. I'm gonna go rustle up some dinner myself.
Went with a reheated big ole bowl of chili that I had made over the weekend. It was even better today.
Hahaha. There were no beans in it. But only because I didn't have any.