CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on March 27, 2024, 12:29:38 AM

Title: 3/27/2024
Post by: CigarBanter on March 27, 2024, 12:29:38 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 06:08:43 AM
Morning, ya humps.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 06:09:14 AM
Joe:

Oliva Master Blends III Robusto - 5/27.50
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 06:10:26 AM
Sis:

Door #1 - Gurkha Bourbon Collection Toro Tubos - 5/34.99

Door #2 - Aging Room Quattro Nicaraguan (Toro) - 5/29.99

Door #3 - Alec Bradley 12-Cigar Sampler - 12/49.99
    2 - Alec Bradley Prensado Robusto (5.0" x 50) ‘96’-Rated
    2 - Alec Bradley Medalist Robusto (5.0 x 52)
    2 - Alec Bradley Superstition Robusto (5.0" x 54)
    2 - Alec Bradley V2L Black Robusto (5.0" x 52)
    2 - Alec Bradley Magic Toast Robusto (5.0" x 52)
    2 - Alec Bradley Black Market Robusto (5.2" x 52) ‘90’-Rated
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 06:28:02 AM
Connections
Puzzle #290
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 08:17:49 AM
Morning, ya humps.
I'm exhausted already. Good news, I just have to keep humping until 2. Then, I'm off until Tuesday.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 08:18:26 AM
And we have ABs being offered so all is well.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 08:26:21 AM
Morning, ya humps.
I'm exhausted already. Good news, I just have to keep humping until 2. Then, I'm off until Tuesday.
Bastige!
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 08:39:42 AM
Morning, ya humps.
I'm exhausted already. Good news, I just have to keep humping until 2. Then, I'm off until Tuesday.
Bastige!
I did alright this go-round.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 09:02:56 AM
Morning, ya humps.
I'm exhausted already. Good news, I just have to keep humping until 2. Then, I'm off until Tuesday.
Bastige!
I did alright this go-round.
No doubt about it. I really am happy for you, in my own jealous sort of way. I could just take the days off myself, but it's not the same. :D
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 09:54:05 AM
Morning, ya humps.
I'm exhausted already. Good news, I just have to keep humping until 2. Then, I'm off until Tuesday.
Bastige!
I did alright this go-round.
No doubt about it. I really am happy for you, in my own jealous sort of way. I could just take the days off myself, but it's not the same. :D
I get that.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 10:09:10 AM
Wordle 1,012 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟨
🟨⬛🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 10:33:42 AM
Wordle 1,012 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟨
🟨⬛🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I feel like this one had a lot of streak busting potential.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 10:39:38 AM
Wordle 1,012 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟨
🟨⬛🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I feel like this one had a lot of streak busting potential.
I wouldn't have been too pissed since I'm only at two days.  :(
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 11:19:12 AM
Wordle 1,012 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟨
🟨⬛🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I feel like this one had a lot of streak busting potential.
I wouldn't have been too pissed since I'm only at two days.  :(
Lol, a fair point.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: razgueado on March 27, 2024, 11:37:29 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: razgueado on March 27, 2024, 11:38:02 AM
Connections
Puzzle #290
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: razgueado on March 27, 2024, 11:38:19 AM
Wordle 1,012 3/6

🟩⬛⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: razgueado on March 27, 2024, 11:40:34 AM
Strands #24
“This is where I draw the line”
🟡🔵🔵🔵
🔵🔵🔵
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 11:42:39 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page2Raz.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: razgueado on March 27, 2024, 12:35:57 PM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page2Raz.
Yeah, it's morning. Hope yours is going better than mine.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 12:56:54 PM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page2Raz.
Yeah, it's morning. Hope yours is going better than mine.
Certainly can't complain. And comparing it to yesterday's rough and tumble start, just about anything would've been an improvement. Hope your day improves, still plenty of time to go.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 01:25:17 PM
One more meeting to go...
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 01:33:18 PM
One more meeting to go...
You can do it!
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 01:36:53 PM
Looks like the Mega Millions hit last night and the winning ticket was purchased in NJ. I wonder if Tony REALLY has the next 5 days off or if he's planning his early retirement. :D
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 03:20:23 PM
One more meeting to go...
That meeting was supposed to end at 2 and just ended now. Merely 80 minutes later. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 03:21:14 PM
Looks like the Mega Millions hit last night and the winning ticket was purchased in NJ. I wonder if Tony REALLY has the next 5 days off or if he's planning his early retirement. :D
No. Neptune, NJ is nowhere near my neck of the woods.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 03:22:11 PM
I never bought a ticket but I'll be going out shortly to pick up a Powerball.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 03:31:37 PM
One more meeting to go...
That meeting was supposed to end at 2 and just ended now. Merely 80 minutes later. Sheesh.
Ouch
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 04:11:40 PM
Today is Tuesday, March 27, the 85th day of 2024.
There are 279 days left in the year.

Today in History:
On March 27, 1973, “The Godfather” won the Academy Award for best picture of 1972, but its star, Marlon Brando, refused to accept his Oscar for best actor, and in what would become one of the Oscars’ most famous moments sent in his place actor and activist Sacheen Littlefeather, who spoke out about the depiction of Native Americans in Hollywood. (In 2022, months before her death, the Academy would apologize for the “abuse” Littlefeather received at the time.)

On this date:
In 1513, Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de Leon sighted present-day Florida.

In 1625, Charles I acceded to the English throne upon the death of James I.

In 1794, Congress approved “An Act to provide a Naval Armament” of six armed ships.

In 1912, first lady Helen Herron Taft and the wife of Japan’s ambassador to the United States, Viscountess Chinda, planted the first two of 3,000 cherry trees given to the U.S. as a gift by the mayor of Tokyo.

In 1945, during World War II, General Dwight D. Eisenhower told reporters in Paris that German defenses on the Western Front had been broken.

In 1964, Alaska was hit by a magnitude 9.2 earthquake (the strongest on record in North America) and tsunamis that together claimed about 130 lives.

In 1968, Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin (gah-GAH’-rihn), the first man to orbit the Earth in 1961, died when his MiG-15 jet crashed during a routine training flight near Moscow; he was 34.

In 1975, construction began on the Trans-Alaska Pipeline, which was completed two years later.

In 1977, in aviation’s worst disaster, 583 people were killed when a KLM Boeing 747, attempting to take off in heavy fog, crashed into a Pan Am 747 on an airport runway on the Canary Island of Tenerife (ten-uh-REEF’).

In 1980, 123 workers died when a North Sea floating oil field platform, the Alexander Kielland, capsized during a storm.

In 2012, award-winning poet Adrienne Rich, died in Santa Cruz, California at age 82, while art critic Hilton Kramer, died in Harpswell, Maine at 83.

In 2018, retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens, in an essay on The New York Times website, called for the repeal of the Second Amendment to allow for significant gun control legislation.

In 2019, Facebook said it was extending its ban on hate speech to prohibit the promotion and support of white nationalism and white separatism.

In 2022, Will Smith slapped Chris Rock on stage at the Oscar and won best actor just minutes later. (Smith was later expelled from the movie academy and received a 10-year ban from the Oscars.)
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 04:11:59 PM
Today's Birthdays:

Actor Julian Glover is 89.
Actor Jerry Lacy is 88.
Actor-director Austin Pendleton is 84.
Actor Michael York is 82.
Keyboardist Tony Banks of Genesis is 74.
Keyboardist Andrew Farriss (INXS) is 65.
Jazz musician Dave Koz is 61.
Movie director Quentin Tarantino is 61.
Bassist Johnny April of Staind is 59.
Actor Talisa Soto is 57.
Actor Ben Koldyke (“Masters of Sex,” ″How I Met Your Mother”) is 56.
Actor Pauley Perrette (“NCIS”) is 55.
Drummer Brendan Hill of Blues Traveler is 54.
Actor Elizabeth Mitchell (“V,” ″Lost”) is 54.
Actor Nathan Fillion (“The Rookie,” “Castle”) is 53.
Singer Fergie of Black Eyed Peas is 49.
Jazz saxophonist Tia Fuller is 48.
Actor Emily Ann Lloyd is 40.
Actor Brenda Song (“The Suite Life of Zack and Cody”) is 36.
Singer Kimbra is 34.
Actor Taylor Atelian (“According to Jim”) is 29.
Singer Halle Bailey of Chloe X Halle is 24.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 04:12:17 PM
Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz' Over/Under is 6
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 04:15:14 PM
Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz' Over/Under is 6
6
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 04:47:34 PM
Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz' Over/Under is 6
6
I'm starting to get better at this, which means ClemsonDave should be back very shortly.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 04:51:50 PM
Strands #24
“This is where I draw the line”
🔵🔵🔵🔵
🟡🔵🔵
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 04:52:08 PM
Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz' Over/Under is 6
6
I'm starting to get better at this, which means ClemsonDave should be back very shortly.
I'm proud of you.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 04:52:27 PM
Wordle 1,012 5/6*

🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: bluecollar on March 27, 2024, 05:27:51 PM
Still waiting on the Tony's reply(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240327/eea612f808d6cfb85373b9a985431303.jpg)
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 05:56:16 PM
Still waiting on the Tony's reply(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240327/eea612f808d6cfb85373b9a985431303.jpg)
He's already on 5-day weekend time.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: razgueado on March 27, 2024, 06:19:19 PM
Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz' Over/Under is 6
Seven.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 06:20:25 PM
Connections
Puzzle #290
🟦🟪🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 06:21:25 PM
Still waiting on the Tony's reply(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240327/eea612f808d6cfb85373b9a985431303.jpg)
I'll go check the link now...
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 06:51:55 PM
Still waiting on the Tony's reply(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240327/eea612f808d6cfb85373b9a985431303.jpg)
I'll go check the link now...
Very interesting. Especially that the person doing the planning is the same one that previously did so for CI.

I'm not interested in joining for the following reasons:
1) Over the years, the part of these events that I don't enjoy is the trick-or-treating aspect where I collect a bunch of cigars that are just ok.
2) My favorite part of these events is the tailgating and Best Cigar Prices is not allowing it.
3) May 19th is my wife's and daughter's birthdays. We'll likely be going away for that weekend.
4) I feel $175 is too expensive. I prefer the Drew Estate Barnsmoker events. They offer better cigars and it's a little cheaper. I'm not doing that one either this year because it is happening over the weekend of my other daughter's birthday.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: bluecollar on March 27, 2024, 07:08:08 PM
[...]

I wasn't trying to be persistent. I just wanted some opinions. It does appear I may be going. George is looking into it. I like the fact that there is many vendors in one place. I never got the opportunity to go to CI fest.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: bluecollar on March 27, 2024, 07:09:09 PM
Did you see where I mentioned Laurel Tilley is with AJ? I think she's your buddy's boss?
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: bluecollar on March 27, 2024, 07:10:24 PM
Still waiting on the Tony's reply(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240327/eea612f808d6cfb85373b9a985431303.jpg)
He's already on 5-day weekend time.
Dave, Tony is never fully on vacation.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: bluecollar on March 27, 2024, 07:21:48 PM
The old camachos were a thing of beauty(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240327/b25c6c6125980d118aca00c06111e6d4.jpg)
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 07:37:06 PM
Still waiting on the Tony's reply(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240327/eea612f808d6cfb85373b9a985431303.jpg)
He's already on 5-day weekend time.
Dave, Tony is never fully on vacation.
I suppose no parent ever truly is.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 07:38:32 PM
[...]

I'm sure you'll have a good time. Though, the exclusion of tailgating is an odd choice. I'm sure it's tied up in permits or government restrictions or something, but Tony is right, those were some of the best moments.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 07:54:05 PM
[...]

Nothing wrong with being persistent. It's just that stars aren't properly aligned this time. I'm sure it'll be a blast.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 07:54:54 PM
Did you see where I mentioned Laurel Tilley is with AJ? I think she's your buddy's boss?
I'll ask.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 08:04:01 PM
Did you see where I mentioned Laurel Tilley is with AJ? I think she's your buddy's boss?
I'll ask.
She's the brand ambassador. He doesn't report to her but he knows her.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: bluecollar on March 27, 2024, 08:09:20 PM
Did you see where I mentioned Laurel Tilley is with AJ? I think she's your buddy's boss?
I'll ask.
She's the brand ambassador. He doesn't report to her but he knows her.
That was her role at general/macanudo. It was a good decision for both parties. I hope it works out well.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: razgueado on March 27, 2024, 09:01:40 PM
God, what a brutal day. I need a nap.
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 27, 2024, 09:13:39 PM
MoWPAM

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240328/701e7d945138a55fee837a44987f98d2.jpg)
Title: Re: 3/27/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 27, 2024, 10:53:45 PM
Strands #24
“This is where I draw the line”
🔵🔵🔵🔵
🔵🟡🔵