CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25

Author Topic: 6/7/2014  (Read 68074 times)

ImNotBlackImMaduro

• Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
Re: 6/7/2014
« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2014, 01:59:26 PM »

Ken, its on Cigarmonster.   

I added a Perdomo patriach corojo robusto to put me over $150.  It was like $147 and the domo single was like 4, so it worked out to $111.89 for 20 Le grandes and 1 Perdomo patriarch. 

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left
use "catsrule" to get %17 0ff.

Unless you want to add some Nirvanas and CyBs and whatnot to get to 150 and save 40, which is better than 17% off.  Think of the money you'll make.
LOL, I'll take the 17% and keep the other $50 in my wallet!

If only 2 were available, yeah, I probably would have passed.  But since I could get 20, I did.  Worth it, imo.
I'm just a poor mutherfucker!

I am, too.  Just picking and choosing my cigar deals very carefully.  $5.50 Epernays are about as good as you'll find, even counting the little 4x44 vitola.  So might as well grab "a box."  Not like they go bad or are likely to get cheaper.
"Not like they go bad or are likely to get cheaper". That is very sound reasoning.
A young guy at work was telling me how he had just put in a $150 order with CI. Did you use the 20% off code and get the free gift, I asked? Ha...What? he didn't have a clue. CI must love customers like him!
just like my dad who would buy from famous without using coupons....

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2014, 02:02:09 PM »

This Le Grande continues to be excellent.  I think I described the flavors initially as "tastes fucking great" and that still applies.
Thanks for the review, Will. now I'm off to work.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2014, 02:02:16 PM »

Ken, its on Cigarmonster.   

I added a Perdomo patriach corojo robusto to put me over $150.  It was like $147 and the domo single was like 4, so it worked out to $111.89 for 20 Le grandes and 1 Perdomo patriarch. 

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left
use "catsrule" to get %17 0ff.

Unless you want to add some Nirvanas and CyBs and whatnot to get to 150 and save 40, which is better than 17% off.  Think of the money you'll make.
LOL, I'll take the 17% and keep the other $50 in my wallet!

If only 2 were available, yeah, I probably would have passed.  But since I could get 20, I did.  Worth it, imo.
I'm just a poor mutherfucker!

I am, too.  Just picking and choosing my cigar deals very carefully.  $5.50 Epernays are about as good as you'll find, even counting the little 4x44 vitola.  So might as well grab "a box."  Not like they go bad or are likely to get cheaper.
"Not like they go bad or are likely to get cheaper". That is very sound reasoning.
A young guy at work was telling me how he had just put in a $150 order with CI. Did you use the 20% off code and get the free gift, I asked? Ha...What? he didn't have a clue. CI must love customers like him!
Talk about a target market!

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2014, 02:12:59 PM »

This Le Grande continues to be excellent.  I think I described the flavors initially as "tastes fucking great" and that still applies.
Sounds wonderful.  Your making me want to go humi-diving, which I may do shortly.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2014, 02:15:22 PM »

Thanks for the review, Will. now I'm off to work.

Into the final third:  lots of the same mix, lingering sweetness on bold coffee, wood/pepper/floral notes.  Added some dark chocolate along the way.  Floral notes are finally becoming more prominent, in line with where they are with the Le Matin.   

Ash is flowering a little now.  First construction "issue."   

I'd say that they're not going to improve anymore with additional age.  Probably stopped gaining much after 9-12 months.  Not that it is any worse with 2 years. 

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2014, 02:19:17 PM »

Oh, and I tend to avoid flavor descriptors related to wine because I'm not a big wine drinker and can't do it justice.  But I know Dion is a big wine guy and he blends most of his cigars with that in mind and it shows. 

The Epernays are supposed to be champagne seegars, and Craig has recommended the pairing to me.  I imagine it would work, or a good red, but yeah.  Not my forte. 

dwgbryant

« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2014, 02:20:52 PM »

8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Do you think CI knows were gone...?
BD, I tend to like GolfingDave's assessment: If they know, they don't care. Less work for them! Or something to that effect.
Have some of the guys changed their name on here vs CI's banter...?  I keep thinking I recognize the .avi's, but not the users names.  Such as, "Traveling Dave.., and 3d...?"
Traveling Dave=NJDave, 3d=dwbryant, Johnny=JR in Lakehills I'll see if there are anymore, BD
Thanks... It's actually pretty hard for me to keep up with little things like that. Except for Johnny, I never noticed it changing from JR to Johnny... For some reason I always knew it was him.. haha
I was wondering who the fuck 3d was!

I apologise for that confusion. thought 3d was more fitting handle, 'deadbeats, drama, and downer.'

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2014, 02:22:17 PM »

Hazzuh!

dwgbryant

« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2014, 02:24:34 PM »

took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.

glassken

« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2014, 02:28:51 PM »

Hazzuh!
Bye, Dave! have a Great weekend!

Johnny

« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2014, 02:29:24 PM »

took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.
Howdy Dean, getting hungry here too.

Johnny

« Reply #146 on: June 07, 2014, 02:31:54 PM »

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #147 on: June 07, 2014, 02:32:17 PM »

BD, I tend to like GolfingDave's assessment: If they know, they don't care. Less work for them! Or something to that effect.
Have some of the guys changed their name on here vs CI's banter...?  I keep thinking I recognize the .avi's, but not the users names.  Such as, "Traveling Dave.., and 3d...?"
Traveling Dave=NJDave, 3d=dwbryant, Johnny=JR in Lakehills I'll see if there are anymore, BD
Thanks... It's actually pretty hard for me to keep up with little things like that. Except for Johnny, I never noticed it changing from JR to Johnny... For some reason I always knew it was him.. haha

I apologise for that confusion. thought 3d was more fitting handle, 'deadbeats, drama, and downer.'
That's ok.... I'm just trying to match everyone up with the old banter so I can keep up.. :)

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #148 on: June 07, 2014, 02:32:27 PM »

Nub notes:  dark chocolate, cedar, dark fruits (that remind me of red wine, which is what brought about that previous post).  A little pepper. 

Pretty full now, definitely full flavored, but still not a palate battering type smoke.  Delicate but bold, as I said earlier.  Overall a mild-full smoke that can be had as a first of the day but strong enough to be after dinner.  It would be a shame to smoke it right after something else, though the core flavors would be strong enough to cut through most non-full/full type smokes.     

11/10.   Tastes like a cigar.

Edit:  Burn time for a 6x46 was very good, too.  Not quite done with it and I started around 12:50, so that's 1h40 so far.  Figure puffing will go even slower now, so another ~15-20 minutes, but that'll be for another 3/4 of an inch or so, fwiw. 

Johnny

« Reply #149 on: June 07, 2014, 02:34:49 PM »

That's ok.... I'm just trying to match everyone up with the old banter so I can keep up.. :)
Howdy BD.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25