CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25

Author Topic: 6/7/2014  (Read 68071 times)

Fred Bumpus

Re: 6/7/2014
« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2014, 01:30:28 PM »

8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Do you think CI knows were gone...?
BD, I tend to like GolfingDave's assessment: If they know, they don't care. Less work for them! Or something to that effect.
Have some of the guys changed their name on here vs CI's banter...?  I keep thinking I recognize the .avi's, but not the users names.  Such as, "Traveling Dave.., and 3d...?"
Traveling Dave=NJDave, 3d=dwbryant, Johnny=JR in Lakehills I'll see if there are anymore, BD
Thanks... It's actually pretty hard for me to keep up with little things like that. Except for Johnny, I never noticed it changing from JR to Johnny... For some reason I always knew it was him.. haha
I was wondering who the fuck 3d was!

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2014, 01:30:59 PM »

Bob;  This Epernay was from a July '12 buy.   I would upload pictures, but my phone doesn't have a low enough resolution to make it in under Tony's retardedly low 768kb limit.  So no photos until that changes. 
Not the prettiest wrapper--some sheen, some seams, some veins.  Whatever, really.  Tastes fucking great. 
Pre-light aroma is floral, woody, sweeter at the foot.  Cold draw is fairly muted. 
Aroma is woody and floral.

Opening flavors are very clean, delicate, and mild.  The extra year since I last tried it has certainly  calmed it down some.  Creamy tobacco, touch of mocha hint of wood, floral notes, dash of pepper.  Retro brings some more dry wood and floral notes.  Plenty of smoke production, just a perfect draw. 

Just a few puffs in and the flavors are getting heavier--touch more pepper, slightly sweeter/fully creamy notes, stronger floral notes, strong lingering finish already, reminds me of caramel and coffee.  By the half inch mark it's already got a strong/bold coffee core, the woody accents and spices tingling the tongue. 

Floral notes aren't as strong in the 2 year old Le Grande as they were in the 1 year old Le Matin I had the other day (or compared to the R, overall).  Yet, at least.  That could very well change.

By the 1 inch mark, it's like I'm smoking a coffee with cream and maybe a hint of caramel.  Not that I'd ever actually order coffee like that.  Cedar accents and some peppery notes here and there, floral notes are fleeting.  Medium bodied, med-full flavors, but very distinct and strong tasting (if not palate battering).   

And there come some stronger peppery notes, followed by a stronger showing for the floral notes.  Some of the sweetness falls away (though it lingers on the finish) and its getting less creamy, replaced with a bold roasted coffee core.  Then some stronger cedar shows up and again back to the bold coffee being center stage and then a growing woody/spiciness with the coffee at about equal parts and so on and so forth it goes, never quite settling on something and becoming at all boring.   

In general working its way heavier and fuller as it goes.  The start of the middle third is VERY far away from the opening few puffs.  Perfect draw, even burn, plenty of smoke when I puff.  Not liga levels, though.

So far I've been pairing with nothing, so as to not influence flavor at all.  Think I'll start with a french roast now, so there's that.  But I think  I've made my opinion on the epernay clear.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2014, 01:32:21 PM »

Ken, its on Cigarmonster.   

I added a Perdomo patriach corojo robusto to put me over $150.  It was like $147 and the domo single was like 4, so it worked out to $111.89 for 20 Le grandes and 1 Perdomo patriarch. 

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left
use "catsrule" to get %17 0ff.

Unless you want to add some Nirvanas and CyBs and whatnot to get to 150 and save 40, which is better than 17% off.  Think of the money you'll make.
LOL, I'll take the 17% and keep the other $50 in my wallet!

If only 2 were available, yeah, I probably would have passed.  But since I could get 20, I did.  Worth it, imo.

ImNotBlackImMaduro

• Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2014, 01:32:25 PM »

Had an AB tempus that would not Fucking burn straight no matter how hard I tried. Loved the flavor do much, though. What a shame.  Morning guys. Happy Saturday.

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2014, 01:34:35 PM »

I added a Perdomo patriach corojo robusto to put me over $150.  It was like $147 and the domo single was like 4, so it worked out to $111.89 for 20 Le grandes and 1 Perdomo patriarch. 

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left

Unless you want to add some Nirvanas and CyBs and whatnot to get to 150 and save 40, which is better than 17% off.  Think of the money you'll make.

If only 2 were available, yeah, I probably would have passed.  But since I could get 20, I did.  Worth it, imo.
I'm just a poor mutherfucker!

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2014, 01:35:47 PM »

8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Do you think CI knows were gone...?
BD, I tend to like GolfingDave's assessment: If they know, they don't care. Less work for them! Or something to that effect.
Have some of the guys changed their name on here vs CI's banter...?  I keep thinking I recognize the .avi's, but not the users names.  Such as, "Traveling Dave.., and 3d...?"
Traveling Dave=NJDave, 3d=dwbryant, Johnny=JR in Lakehills I'll see if there are anymore, BD
Thanks... It's actually pretty hard for me to keep up with little things like that. Except for Johnny, I never noticed it changing from JR to Johnny... For some reason I always knew it was him.. haha
I was wondering who the fuck 3d was!
Me too.. I was really pissed off too thinking, "that fricking 3d troll stole Deans .avi's again...!!!"

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2014, 01:39:28 PM »

Had an AB tempus that would not Fucking burn straight no matter how hard I tried. Loved the flavor do much, though. What a shame.  Morning guys. Happy Saturday.
I've had 3 cigars in a roll that haven't stayed lit...!  I'm not sure if my humidity is a little to high in my humidor, or if I'm setting them down after lighting them and forgetting to smoke them..?

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2014, 01:45:13 PM »

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left

I am, too.  Just picking and choosing my cigar deals very carefully.  $5.50 Epernays are about as good as you'll find, even counting the little 4x44 vitola.  So might as well grab "a box."  Not like they go bad or are likely to get cheaper. 

glassken

« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2014, 01:48:46 PM »

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left

I am, too.  Just picking and choosing my cigar deals very carefully.  $5.50 Epernays are about as good as you'll find, even counting the little 4x44 vitola.  So might as well grab "a box."  Not like they go bad or are likely to get cheaper.
"Not like they go bad or are likely to get cheaper". That is very sound reasoning.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2014, 01:50:50 PM »

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left

Tell me about it...!!! 

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2014, 01:54:17 PM »

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left

"Not like they go bad or are likely to get cheaper". That is very sound reasoning.
What's Joe say...?  "Ya can't save money if you don't spend it..."

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2014, 01:57:02 PM »

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left

What's Joe say...?  "Ya can't save money if you don't spend it..."
If I tried to keep up my spending with Joe, I'd be even poorer than I am now!

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2014, 01:57:08 PM »

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left

A young guy at work was telling me how he had just put in a $150 order with CI. Did you use the 20% off code and get the free gift, I asked? Ha...What? he didn't have a clue. CI must love customers like him!

ImNotBlackImMaduro

• Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2014, 01:57:42 PM »

I've had 3 cigars in a roll that haven't stayed lit...!  I'm not sure if my humidity is a little to high in my humidor, or if I'm setting them down after lighting them and forgetting to smoke them..?
I feel for you, that used to happen to me very often when I was using seperate wood humidors.   It would seeem that one would always be off depending on the season.  I dont think it's my humidor, it's just these ab tempuses.  Most ABs that Ive had have had shifty burns. I think I'm done with that company. Shame since they still taste good.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2014, 01:59:03 PM »

This Le Grande continues to be excellent.  I think I described the flavors initially as "tastes fucking great" and that still applies.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25