CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: 6/7/2014  (Read 68109 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 6/7/2014
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2014, 12:53:40 PM »

8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Over 4 hours since the last post. Sheesh indeed!
Guys, I PMed Barry. He had no idea where everyone was! He mentioned how eerie it was logging in a few times, and nobody home! Also ran into JAC. He, too was wondering what happenned to us all! Said he will sign up this weekend.
Sheesh on me for not even realizing he wasn't here.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2014, 12:55:31 PM »

Bob;  This Epernay was from a July '12 buy.   I would upload pictures, but my phone doesn't have a low enough resolution to make it in under Tony's retardedly low 768kb limit.  So no photos until that changes. 

Not the prettiest wrapper--some sheen, some seams, some veins.  Whatever, really.  Tastes fucking great. 

Pre-light aroma is floral, woody, sweeter at the foot.  Cold draw is fairly muted. 

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2014, 12:58:03 PM »

Over 4 hours since the last post. Sheesh indeed!
Guys, I PMed Barry. He had no idea where everyone was! He mentioned how eerie it was logging in a few times, and nobody home! Also ran into JAC. He, too was wondering what happenned to us all! Said he will sign up this weekend.
Ken, I'm glad your looking out for the other botl's....!!!

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2014, 01:01:39 PM »

Do you think CI knows were gone...?

glassken

« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2014, 01:03:37 PM »

BD, I tend to like GolfingDave's assessment: If they know, they don't care. Less work for them! Or something to that effect.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2014, 01:06:13 PM »

BD, I tend to like GolfingDave's assessment: If they know, they don't care. Less work for them! Or something to that effect.
Exactly.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2014, 01:16:33 PM »

Have some of the guys changed their name on here vs CI's banter...?  I keep thinking I recognize the .avi's, but not the users names.  Such as, "Traveling Dave.., and 3d...?"

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2014, 01:18:02 PM »

I remember reading that steveR said that banter was the #1 portal into they're site. They'll keep it open for that reason.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2014, 01:18:13 PM »

Bob;  This Epernay was from a July '12 buy.   I would upload pictures, but my phone doesn't have a low enough resolution to make it in under Tony's retardedly low 768kb limit.  So no photos until that changes. 

Not the prettiest wrapper--some sheen, some seams, some veins.  Whatever, really.  Tastes fucking great. 

Pre-light aroma is floral, woody, sweeter at the foot.  Cold draw is fairly muted. 

Aroma is woody and floral.

Opening flavors are very clean, delicate, and mild.  The extra year since I last tried it has certainly  calmed it down some.  Creamy tobacco, touch of mocha hint of wood, floral notes, dash of pepper.  Retro brings some more dry wood and floral notes.  Plenty of smoke production, just a perfect draw. 

Just a few puffs in and the flavors are getting heavier--touch more pepper, slightly sweeter/fully creamy notes, stronger floral notes, strong lingering finish already, reminds me of caramel and coffee.  By the half inch mark it's already got a strong/bold coffee core, the woody accents and spices tingling the tongue. 

Floral notes aren't as strong in the 2 year old Le Grande as they were in the 1 year old Le Matin I had the other day (or compared to the R, overall).  Yet, at least.  That could very well change.

By the 1 inch mark, it's like I'm smoking a coffee with cream and maybe a hint of caramel.  Not that I'd ever actually order coffee like that.  Cedar accents and some peppery notes here and there, floral notes are fleeting.  Medium bodied, med-full flavors, but very distinct and strong tasting (if not palate battering).   

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2014, 01:20:15 PM »

Ken, its on Cigarmonster.   

I added a Perdomo patriach corojo robusto to put me over $150.  It was like $147 and the domo single was like 4, so it worked out to $111.89 for 20 Le grandes and 1 Perdomo patriarch. 

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left
use "catsrule" to get 17% 0ff.

glassken

« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2014, 01:22:29 PM »

Have some of the guys changed their name on here vs CI's banter...?  I keep thinking I recognize the .avi's, but not the users names.  Such as, "Traveling Dave.., and 3d...?"
Traveling Dave=NJDave, 3d=dwbryant, Johnny=JR in Lakehills I'll see if there are anymore, BD

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2014, 01:23:32 PM »

I added a Perdomo patriach corojo robusto to put me over $150.  It was like $147 and the domo single was like 4, so it worked out to $111.89 for 20 Le grandes and 1 Perdomo patriarch. 

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left
use "catsrule" to get %17 0ff.

Unless you want to add some Nirvanas and CyBs and whatnot to get to 150 and save 40, which is better than 17% off.  Think of the money you'll make. 

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2014, 01:25:06 PM »

I remember reading that steveR said that banter was the #1 portal into they're site. They'll keep it open for that reason.
I wonder if it was #1 because of me logging in 20 times a day to see what the guys were talking about..?  :)

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2014, 01:27:18 PM »

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left
use "catsrule" to get %17 0ff.

Unless you want to add some Nirvanas and CyBs and whatnot to get to 150 and save 40, which is better than 17% off.  Think of the money you'll make.
LOL, I'll take the 17% and keep the other $50 in my wallet!

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2014, 01:28:31 PM »

Traveling Dave=NJDave, 3d=dwbryant, Johnny=JR in Lakehills I'll see if there are anymore, BD
Thanks... It's actually pretty hard for me to keep up with little things like that. Except for Johnny, I never noticed it changing from JR to Johnny... For some reason I always knew it was him.. haha
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25