Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/7/2014
« Reply #330 on: June 07, 2014, 10:41:30 PM »

I don't care what anyone thinks, I think the Undergrowths are a very good cigar!

Ideally in corona viva.
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...
Re: 6/7/2014
« Reply #331 on: June 07, 2014, 10:43:02 PM »

Man, if an "indeed" were ever appropriate, this is it.  I will do it, and on two wheels.-----3B-----Just try and do it before I die.  I'm old, ya know.

Ha!  That thought crossed my mind. I'm no spring chicken either, ya know.
Another old friend of over 40 years, Miami Moon, died a couple days ago.  We're dropping like flies.
Sorry to hear that KC....
It's way too long a story for here, but it's actually a miracle that Moon lived into his 70s.  40 years ago he was a very, very, bad man.  In many ways. But he repented, and found Jesus about 15 years ago.  Then annoyed the shit out of everyone with his incessant preaching.  But we still loved him.
KC, we did not need to see that! He is still annoying! Just kidding, but a simple pic of him would have sufficed!
Now I know why they called him Moon.....
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...
Re: 6/7/2014
« Reply #332 on: June 07, 2014, 10:44:11 PM »

I don't care what anyone thinks, I think the Undergrowths are a very good cigar!
I's with ya Brother.....
Logged

glassken

« Reply #333 on: June 07, 2014, 10:44:12 PM »

Cuchillos Cubanos ~40~
.....Dellusione.....
I'm really enjoying the Nirvana.  I'm not a big DE fan, but this is excellent.  Thanks again!

That's good to hear.  They've been on the radar but I haven't grabbed them yet.  Maybe next time.
Pretty sure you would not be disappointed.  They are a little pricey, thinking that would be the only negative...

Nice mix of a medium bodied mocha, black pepper, and a touch of cedar from this 40.  Chocolatey finish.  It's only got about a week of rest on it, but already a MUCH improved burn from the one a day OTT.

Last third has had some growing cherry tobacco flavor.  Earthier with a heavier dose of pepper, still a touch of cedar, not so much with the chocolate.  Perfect burn/draw/etc.  Really solid "budget" stick.
What cigar? Cuchillos Cubanos ~40~?
Logged

glassken

« Reply #334 on: June 07, 2014, 10:47:13 PM »

I don't care what anyone thinks, I think the Undergrowths are a very good cigar!
I's with ya Brother.....
You should be a founding member, but the cut off was the 6th. Tony!......
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/7/2014
« Reply #335 on: June 07, 2014, 10:51:17 PM »

Now I know why they called him Moon.....-----TD-----Exactly!  I took a now somewhat famous photo of him mooning the Miami Police back in 1981, and it was published in "Easy Rider" magazine.  That's how he got the name "Moon".  He was also an extra, as the stereotypical biker, in several episodes of "Miami Vice".  He was quite the character.  He lived a long life, and should have been dead 35 years ago, so no condolences necessary.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #336 on: June 07, 2014, 10:55:32 PM »

Now I know why they called him Moon.....-----TD-----Exactly!  I took a now somewhat famous photo of him mooning the Miami Police back in 1981, and it was published in "Easy Rider" magazine.  That's how he got the name "Moon".  He was also an extra, as the stereotypical biker, in several episodes of "Miami Vice".  He was quite the character.  He lived a long life, and should have been dead 35 years ago, so no condolences necessary.
I'm sure he was a character. I would have liked to talk to him! Larger than life figure, I would think! Like you, KC!
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/7/2014
« Reply #337 on: June 07, 2014, 10:56:02 PM »

Cuchillos Cubanos ~40~
.....Dellusione.....
I'm really enjoying the Nirvana.  I'm not a big DE fan, but this is excellent.  Thanks again!

That's good to hear.  They've been on the radar but I haven't grabbed them yet.  Maybe next time.
Pretty sure you would not be disappointed.  They are a little pricey, thinking that would be the only negative...

Nice mix of a medium bodied mocha, black pepper, and a touch of cedar from this 40.  Chocolatey finish.  It's only got about a week of rest on it, but already a MUCH improved burn from the one a day OTT.

Last third has had some growing cherry tobacco flavor.  Earthier with a heavier dose of pepper, still a touch of cedar, not so much with the chocolate.  Perfect burn/draw/etc.  Really solid "budget" stick.
What cigar? Cuchillos Cubanos ~40~?

Yep.  The Illusione mixed filler line.  Not as complex as the regular line or the Epernay, not as strong as either, but very much in-line with the house profile.  I'm thinking a little more age backs off the pepper some--it isn't spicy and on the front, more back of the throat.  That should let the mocha and chocolate come through a little.

The final third with the heavier earth sticks out a bit outside of the usual for Dion, and I don't remember the ~46~ having that when fresh.  Maybe some time brings out the cherry and cedar accents some more.  Who knows.

« Reply #338 on: June 07, 2014, 10:58:17 PM »

I don't care what anyone thinks, I think the Undergrowths are a very good cigar!
I's with ya Brother.....
You should be a founding member, but the cut off was the 6th. Tony!......
This is just another drive-by post but I wanted to clarify that everyone registered before 6am tomorrow will be made a Founding Member, I haven't gotten around to updating those who registered in the last couple of days.  Sorry to post and run...
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...
Re: 6/7/2014
« Reply #339 on: June 07, 2014, 11:00:01 PM »

I don't care what anyone thinks, I think the Undergrowths are a very good cigar!
I's with ya Brother.....
You should be a founding member, but the cut off was the 6th. Tony!......
/////....NO, don't do that...works well just the way it is.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #340 on: June 07, 2014, 11:05:31 PM »

I don't care what anyone thinks, I think the Undergrowths are a very good cigar!
I's with ya Brother.....
You should be a founding member, but the cut off was the 6th. Tony!......
/////....NO, don't do that...works well just the way it is.
Well, is was wrong!!wOOf!
Logged

glassken

« Reply #341 on: June 07, 2014, 11:07:59 PM »

I don't care what anyone thinks, I think the Undergrowths are a very good cigar!
I's with ya Brother.....
You should be a founding member, but the cut off was the 6th. Tony!......
/////....NO, don't do that...works well just the way it is.
Well, is was wrong!!wOOf!
Going to walk ThE dOg! He LovEs it!
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...
Re: 6/7/2014
« Reply #342 on: June 07, 2014, 11:09:56 PM »

...Rangers 4 vs Kings 4 in OT.....Jeff has to be on the edge of his seat......

Indeed.
Let's play a 2nd OT.....
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/7/2014
« Reply #343 on: June 07, 2014, 11:15:53 PM »

I don't care what anyone thinks, I think the Undergrowths are a very good cigar!
I's with ya Brother.....
You should be a founding member, but the cut off was the 6th. Tony!......
This is just another drive-by post but I wanted to clarify that everyone registered before 6am tomorrow will be made a Founding Member, I haven't gotten around to updating those who registered in the last couple of days.  Sorry to post and run...
Say what?  You've never done that before!
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/7/2014
« Reply #344 on: June 07, 2014, 11:18:37 PM »

And now for a Quintero Londres Extra.  Another "budget" stick that smokes above its price point.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25