Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 07:28:00 AM »

Ten years ago: President George W. Bush visited Greensburg, Kansas, where he hailed the resilience of the town and its tiny high school graduating class, one year after a tornado barreled through with astonishing fury. A river boat sank in a remote Amazon region in northern Brazil, killing at least 48 people. Iraq's first lady (Hiro Ibrahim Ahmed) escaped unharmed from a bomb attack in downtown Baghdad that struck her motorcade.

Five years ago: National Rifle Association leaders told members during a meeting in Houston that the fight against gun control legislation was far from over, and vowed that none in the organization would ever have to surrender their weapons. A limousine taking nine women to a bachelorette party erupted in flames on the San Mateo-Hayward Bridge over San Francisco Bay, killing five of the passengers, including the bride-to-be. Orb powered to a 2 1/2-length victory on a sloppy track to win the Kentucky Derby. Floyd Mayweather came back from a year's absence to win a unanimous 12-round decision over Robert Guerrero in their welterweight title fight in Las Vegas.

One year ago: President Donald Trump met with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull aboard the USS Intrepid, a decommissioned aircraft carrier in New York, to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the World War II Battle of the Coral Sea, which reinforced the ties between the U.S. and Australia. A U.S. service member was killed in Somalia during an operation against the extremist group al-Shabab, the first American combat death there in more than two decades. Buckingham Palace announced that Queen Elizabeth II's 95-year-old husband, Prince Philip, was retiring from royal duties.

What exactly does that mean?

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2018, 07:28:06 AM »

Dave has the redhead avi thing down pat.
I expected a CF story of some sort by now. the banter never fails to disappoint.

that didn't come out right.

good night. neighbor lady needs some attention.
+1 on the CF banter report. WTF?

+10 ON THE REDHEADS
OhioDave checked in from the Perdomo event yesterday on FB.  Guess he was too lazy to double post.
At least we know they made it there. Considered smoking a Perdomo yesterday but wound up not smoking at all.
Sheesh, what a waste of a good day!

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2018, 07:53:47 AM »

Dave has the redhead avi thing down pat.
I expected a CF story of some sort by now. the banter never fails to disappoint.

that didn't come out right.

good night. neighbor lady needs some attention.
+1 on the CF banter report. WTF?

+10 ON THE REDHEADS
OhioDave checked in from the Perdomo event yesterday on FB.  Guess he was too lazy to double post.
At least we know they made it there. Considered smoking a Perdomo yesterday but wound up not smoking at all.
Sheesh, what a waste of a good day!
My wife couldn't be in two places at once. I needed to get home in time to pick up my gaggle of kids from their respective activities. Then I collapsed.

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2018, 08:01:44 AM »

good morning Tony and Dave.
coffee and a 2nd.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 5/4/2018
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2018, 08:05:27 AM »

Thought for Today: "The greater the number of laws and enactments, the more thieves and robbers there will be." - Lao-tzu (low dzu), Chinese philosopher (c.604-531 B.C.).
Because, every time you make a law, you lose a freedom, and people just want to be free!  (or at least get free coffee when they want)
Good morning all!  It's Friday!

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2018, 08:07:38 AM »

good morning Tony and Dave.
coffee and a 2nd.
Good morning, Dean.

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2018, 08:08:13 AM »

Thought for Today: "The greater the number of laws and enactments, the more thieves and robbers there will be." - Lao-tzu (low dzu), Chinese philosopher (c.604-531 B.C.).
Because, every time you make a law, you lose a freedom, and people just want to be free!  (or at least get free coffee when they want)
Good morning all!  It's Friday!
That, it is! Good morning, Sam.

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2018, 08:08:46 AM »

@Dave: You heading out to PA today?

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2018, 08:15:00 AM »

Thought for Today: "The greater the number of laws and enactments, the more thieves and robbers there will be." - Lao-tzu (low dzu), Chinese philosopher (c.604-531 B.C.).
This one has a lot of merit.

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2018, 08:17:28 AM »

Morning Sam, Tony, NeighborlyDean, PreCFDave, and DivotCFDave.  Rain today but a nice weekend in store.

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2018, 08:25:08 AM »

Thought for Today: "The greater the number of laws and enactments, the more thieves and robbers there will be." - Lao-tzu (low dzu), Chinese philosopher (c.604-531 B.C.).
This one has a lot of merit.
Ancient Chinese secret, huh?

Good morning, Mark.

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2018, 08:27:32 AM »

Morning Sam, Tony, NeighborlyDean, PreCFDave, and DivotCFDave.  Rain today but a nice weekend in store.
For NYC, no rain in the forecast until tonight but the clouds are telling a different story. Same thing happened yesterday.

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2018, 08:34:09 AM »

good morning Mark and Sam.

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2018, 08:35:10 AM »

Dave has the redhead avi thing down pat.
I expected a CF story of some sort by now. the banter never fails to disappoint.

that didn't come out right.

good night. neighbor lady needs some attention.
+1 on the CF banter report. WTF?

+10 ON THE REDHEADS
This theme is approved.

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2018, 08:40:25 AM »

Dave has the redhead avi thing down pat.
I expected a CF story of some sort by now. the banter never fails to disappoint.

that didn't come out right.

good night. neighbor lady needs some attention.
+1 on the CF banter report. WTF?

+10 ON THE REDHEADS
This theme is approved.
We're finally getting sign-off? The theme's about to change.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8