CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39

Author Topic: 6/4/2014  (Read 88349 times)

glassken

Re: 6/4/2014
« Reply #555 on: June 04, 2014, 11:12:02 PM »

My last post looks funny...?  I'm not sure what I did...?
I don't see any words from you at the end of the post.  However one of your amusing stories will more than make up for your muff.
The words show up in the middle of the quote.  I'm brain dead at the moment, but if I think of a story I'll be sure to share it... :)
When you hit quote, scroll down and add your two cents! I did it several times, so we are in the same boat--Old! But, smart!!!

Johnny

« Reply #556 on: June 04, 2014, 11:12:36 PM »

Evening everyone. Thinking about a pinolero tonight. My favorite stick, mmmm
Evening Maduro, good smoke that Pinolero is.

Johnny

« Reply #557 on: June 04, 2014, 11:14:02 PM »

I don't see any words from you at the end of the post.  However one of your amusing stories will more than make up for your muff.
The words show up in the middle of the quote.  I'm brain dead at the moment, but if I think of a story I'll be sure to share it... :)
When you hit quote, scroll down and add your two cents! I did it several times, so we are in the same boat--Old! But, smart!!!
Howdy Ken, very true!

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #558 on: June 04, 2014, 11:15:48 PM »

Shoot, I'm rounding third heading for a four bagger.
Touch down!! LOL
Easy to do now at CI, didn't start out to do it here, JR, but thought I'd make a run for it, even with these creaky old knees!   ;)

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #559 on: June 04, 2014, 11:17:42 PM »

What are you smoking this evening, Ken?  And how's the family?

Johnny

« Reply #560 on: June 04, 2014, 11:18:14 PM »

Touch down!! LOL
Easy to do now at CI, didn't start out to do it here, JR, but thought I'd make a run for it, even with these creaky old knees!   ;)
Good job Steve, don't need to tell me about bad knees!

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #561 on: June 04, 2014, 11:19:30 PM »

Old age and training curves.... Ugh..!!!

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #562 on: June 04, 2014, 11:21:34 PM »

Touch down!! LOL
Good job Steve, don't need to tell me about bad knees!
Amen, brother.  Can't stand too long.

glassken

« Reply #563 on: June 04, 2014, 11:22:58 PM »

hello, steve. eating a bowl of cereal. smoked a leccia black, an later a herrera esteli both good, the later great

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #564 on: June 04, 2014, 11:25:20 PM »

Nats playing Phillies tonight, doing well (5or8 -2) until a rain delay stopped play.  They did well against the Rangers until they ran into Yu Darvish with his 9 pitches or so.  He blanked them.  What a pitcher!

Johnny

« Reply #565 on: June 04, 2014, 11:29:15 PM »

Nats playing Phillies tonight, doing well (5or8 -2) until a rain delay stopped play.  They did well against the Rangers until they ran into Yu Darvish with his 9 pitches or so.  He blanked them.  What a pitcher!
Regular Whirling Dervish on the mound!

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #566 on: June 04, 2014, 11:30:26 PM »

hello, steve. eating a bowl of cereal. smoked a leccia black, an later a herrera esteli both good, the later great
Hi Ken, was able to smoke a toro in Willie Herrera's presence at last year's CF, about my 6th cigar of the day, and I could still enjoy it and tell it was a winner.  Saw him again this year and was able to remark on the quality of the stick & that it wasn't a surprise that it had taken off. Hope to see you there in 2015!!!

glassken

« Reply #567 on: June 04, 2014, 11:34:53 PM »

wasn't a surprise that it had taken off. Hope to see you there in 2015!!!
That is cool!

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #568 on: June 04, 2014, 11:36:09 PM »

JR, DARcars are a huge family founded dealership conglomerate in this area ... just about every make.  Their last name is Darvish.  I think Turkish or Armenian.  I know a guy who manages a portion of the family fortune (Merrill-Lynch).  Says they are a great humble family ... patriarch started med school but dropped out to sell used cars.  His dad told him to work to own the company. So he did that & more.

Johnny

« Reply #569 on: June 04, 2014, 11:44:10 PM »

JR, DARcars are a huge family founded dealership conglomerate in this area ... just about every make.  Their last name is Darvish.  I think Turkish or Armenian.  I know a guy who manages a portion of the family fortune (Merrill-Lynch).  Says they are a great humble family ... patriarch started med school but dropped out to sell used cars.  His dad told him to work to own the company. So he did that & more.
Great success story Steve, thanks for sharing.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39