CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on March 15, 2016, 12:01:33 AM

Title: 3/15/2016
Post by: CigarBanter on March 15, 2016, 12:01:33 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 12:31:48 AM
Good morning Banter world, lets be jammin'!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 12:36:02 AM
  2  Diesel Uncut Connecticut  Toro  (6.5 x 52)
       Mazo of 10/29.99
  1  Drew Estate Undercrown Shade  Gran Toro  (6.0 x 52)
       5/27.50

Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 12:47:28 AM
The Ides of each month was sacred to Jupiter, the Romans' supreme deity. The Flamen Dialis, Jupiter's high priest, led the "Ides sheep" (ovis Idulius) in procession along the Via Sacra to the arx, where it was sacrificed.[4]

In addition to the monthly sacrifice, the Ides of March was also the occasion of the Feast of Anna Perenna, a goddess of the year (Latin annus) whose festival originally concluded the ceremonies of the new year. The day was enthusiastically celebrated among the common people with picnics, drinking, and revelry.[5] One source from late antiquity also places the Mamuralia on the Ides of March.[6] This observance, which has aspects of scapegoat or ancient Greek pharmakos ritual, involved beating an old man dressed in animal skins and perhaps driving him from the city. The ritual may have been a new year festival representing the expulsion of the old year.[7][8]

In the later Imperial period, the Ides began a "holy week" of festivals[9][10][11] for Cybele and Attis. The Ides was the day of Canna intrat ("The Reed enters"), when Attis was born and exposed as an infant among the reeds of a Phrygian river.[12] He was discovered—depending on the version of the myth—by either shepherds or the goddess Cybele, who was also known as the Magna Mater, "Great Mother".[13] A week later, on 22 March, the day of Arbor intrat ("The Tree enters") commemorated the death of Attis under a pine tree. A college of priests called "tree bearers" (dendrophoroi) cut down a tree,[14] suspended from it an image of Attis,[15] and carried it to the temple of the Magna Mater with lamentations. The day was formalized as part of the official Roman calendar under Claudius.[16] A three-day period of mourning followed,[17] culminating with the rebirth of Attis on 25 March, the date of the vernal equinox on the Julian calendar.[18]

Hence the significance of:
In modern times, the Ides of March is best known as the date on which Julius Caesar was assassinated in 44 BC. Caesar was stabbed to death at a meeting of the senate. As many as 60 conspirators, led by Brutus and Cassius, were involved. According to Plutarch,[19] a seer had warned that harm would come to Caesar no later than the Ides of March. On his way to the Theatre of Pompey, where he would be assassinated, Caesar passed the seer and joked, "The ides of March have come," meaning to say that the prophecy had not been fulfilled, to which the seer replied "Aye, Caesar; but not gone."[19] This meeting is famously dramatised in William Shakespeare's play Julius Caesar, when Caesar is warned by the soothsayer to "beware the Ides of March."[20][21] The Roman biographer Suetonius[22] identifies the "seer" as a haruspex named Spurinna.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 12:50:16 AM
And that little bit of light reading brings us to our word for the day:  Haruspex

In the religion of Ancient Rome, a haruspex (plural haruspices) was a person trained to practice a form of divination called haruspicy (haruspicina) the inspection of the entrails (exta), hence also extispicy (extispicium) of sacrificed animals, especially the livers of sacrificed sheep and poultry. The reading of omens specifically from the liver is also known by the Greek term hepatoscopy (also hepatomancy).

The Roman concept is directly derived from Etruscan religion, as one of the three branches of the disciplina Etrusca. Haruspicy as practiced by the Romans and Etruscans has direct precedents in the religions of the Ancient Near East since at least the Middle Bronze Age (c. 2000 BC) and apparently reached Italy via Anatolian (Hittite, Luwian) transmission.[citation needed]

The Latin terms haruspex, haruspicina are from an archaic word haru "entrails, intestines" (cognate with hernia "protruding viscera", and hira "empty gut"; PIE *ǵʰer-) and from the root spec- "to watch, observe". The Greek ἡπατοσκοπία hēpatoskōpia is from hēpar "liver" and skop- "to examine".

So enjoy your Foie Gras
...I'll just take mine with onions.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 12:50:38 AM
Don't you wish Chip were here....
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 01:08:54 AM
Also the day my son defends his thesis....how did the boy pick this date?
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 01:20:44 AM
Don't you wish Chip were here....
I do. But I also appreciated the light reading you provided for us today.

Bonjour, mi ami.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 01:21:41 AM
Also the day my son defends his thesis....how did the boy pick this date?
Good luck to him today. I'm sure he'll do fine.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 01:37:12 AM
Ok, that's it for me this evening.  Adieu.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 01:44:54 AM
Thanks for the interlude Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 01:47:02 AM
  3  Romeo y Julieta Reserve  Churchill  (7.0 x 54)
       10/39.50
  2  Diesel Uncut Connecticut  Toro  (6.5 x 52)
       Mazo of 10/29.99
  1  Drew Estate Undercrown Shade  Gran Toro  (6.0 x 52)
       5/27.50
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 01:58:19 AM
Andrew Jackson, seventh President of the U.S., is born, in Waxhaw, South Carolina, 1767.

Former astronaut Alan L. Bean is born, in Wheeler, Texas, 1932.

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is born, 1933.

Actor Judd Hirsch is born, in New York, New York, 1935.

Beach Boy Mike Love is born, in Los Angeles, California, 1941.

Actor David Cronenberg is born, 1943.

Rhythm n blues star Sylvester "Sly Stone" Stewart is born, in Dallas, Texas, 1944.

Lawyer, author, social activist Mark Green is born, in Brooklyn, New York, 1945.

Rock guitarist Ry Cooder is born, 1947.

Rocker, singer, composer Dee Snider is born, in Massapequa, New York, 1955.

Baseball player Mickey Hatcher (Michael Vaughn Hatcher, Jr.) is born, in Cleveland, Ohio, 1955.

Baseball player Harold Douglas Baines is born, in Easton, Maryland, 1959.

Actor Renny Harlin is born, 1959.

Basketball player Terry Cummings is born, in Chicago, Illinois, 1961.

J.J. Robert's Birthday in Liberia.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 02:19:56 AM
Time to get moving here, the day calls
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 02:20:16 AM
But let me at least flip the page.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 02:21:14 AM
Was hoping these RyJ's would move so I could us an update, but not such luck.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 03:05:12 AM
Yawn.... :-\
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 03:40:49 AM
  4  La Glora Cubana Rabito Cochino  Double Corona  (6.5 x 46)
       2 x 3/box/18.51
  3  Romeo y Julieta Reserve  Churchill  (7.0 x 54)
       10/39.50
  2  Diesel Uncut Connecticut  Toro  (6.5 x 52)
       Mazo of 10/29.99
  1  Drew Estate Undercrown Shade  Gran Toro  (6.0 x 52)
       5/27.50
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on March 15, 2016, 05:42:39 AM
I miss Chip.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 05:42:57 AM
Also the day my son defends his thesis....how did the boy pick this date?
Good luck to him!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 05:43:46 AM
I miss Chip.
+1
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on March 15, 2016, 05:44:37 AM
good morning Dave and Dave. 70° and light breeze here. Oliva O maduro robusto and coffee here.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 05:44:37 AM
Morning Travellin Dave of France and Dean.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 05:48:42 AM
good morning Dave and Dave. 70° and light breeze here. Oliva O maduro robusto and coffee here.
65 here and another afternoon in the 90's.  Just some Cuban Expresso for me, this time change is killing me,
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on March 15, 2016, 05:52:53 AM
good morning Dave and Dave. 70° and light breeze here. Oliva O maduro robusto and coffee here.
65 here and another afternoon in the 90's.  Just some Cuban Expresso for me, this time change is killing me,
never cared for DST, though I do like mire daylight at the end of the day. gives me time to catch the sunrise from the kayak without getting up at 4am and running off to the gulf.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 05:54:33 AM
Time to get ready and make the dreaded commute. BBL
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 05:56:08 AM
good morning Dave and Dave. 70° and light breeze here. Oliva O maduro robusto and coffee here.
65 here and another afternoon in the 90's.  Just some Cuban Expresso for me, this time change is killing me,
never cared for DST, though I do like mire daylight at the end of the day. gives me time to catch the sunrise from the kayak without getting up at 4am and running off to the gulf.
I like DST I just don't lke changing back and forth but when I join you I will no longer give a rats ass one way or the other.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: sfish on March 15, 2016, 06:54:07 AM
Also the day my son defends his thesis....how did the boy pick this date?
As I recall, he didn't. Good luck to him today
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: sfish on March 15, 2016, 07:06:01 AM
good morning Dave and Dave. 70° and light breeze here. Oliva O maduro robusto and coffee here.
65 here and another afternoon in the 90's.  Just some Cuban Expresso for me, this time change is killing me,
never cared for DST, though I do like mire daylight at the end of the day. gives me time to catch the sunrise from the kayak without getting up at 4am and running off to the gulf.
I like DST I just don't lke changing back and forth but when I join you I will no longer give a rats ass one way or the other.
Yes you will  :D
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 07:12:23 AM
Good morning Fish, Dean, and smattering of Daves.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 07:15:38 AM
Morning Fish and Tony glad y'all could wake up and join us.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 07:24:49 AM
Morning Fish and Tony glad y'all could wake up and join us.
Almost ready to go back to bed, what are you talking about?
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: sfish on March 15, 2016, 07:31:30 AM
Morning Fish and Tony glad y'all could wake up and join us.
Morning Dave, I barely woke up today
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 07:35:44 AM
Morning Fish and Tony glad y'all could wake up and join us.
Morning Dave, I barely woke up today
Hell I hit the snooze alarm this morning which is a very rare event for me as I am usually awake before the first alarm goes off.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: sfish on March 15, 2016, 07:37:26 AM
Morning Fish and Tony glad y'all could wake up and join us.
Morning Dave, I barely woke up today
Hell I hit the snooze alarm this morning which is a very rare event for me as I am usually awake before the first alarm goes off.
It's that damn daylight savings we're still not used to
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 07:40:19 AM
Morning TexDave, Dean, Fishy and Tony.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: sfish on March 15, 2016, 07:40:24 AM
Morning Fish and Tony glad y'all could wake up and join us.
Almost ready to go back to bed, what are you talking about?
Tony, I smoked a couple cigars you gave me, thought the Porthole was really good, would definitely buy.

Had the Edgar Hoill lancero also, great construction and burn, good straight forward tobacco...just wasn't a big fan of the flavor profile but a high quality cigar for sure
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 07:41:15 AM
Morning Fish and Tony glad y'all could wake up and join us.
Morning Dave, I barely woke up today
Hell I hit the snooze alarm this morning which is a very rare event for me as I am usually awake before the first alarm goes off.
It's that damn daylight savings we're still not used to
Yep, would be a problem if I gave a chit about getting to work on time! ;)
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 07:42:05 AM
Morning TexDave, Dean, Fishy and Tony.
You can tell Tony good night again, he went back to bed
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 07:42:35 AM
Morning Fish and Tony glad y'all could wake up and join us.
Morning Dave, I barely woke up today
Hell I hit the snooze alarm this morning which is a very rare event for me as I am usually awake before the first alarm goes off.
What, no hairdryer?
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 07:43:33 AM
Morning Fish and Tony glad y'all could wake up and join us.
Morning Dave, I barely woke up today
Hell I hit the snooze alarm this morning which is a very rare event for me as I am usually awake before the first alarm goes off.
What, no hairdryer?
Not that time of the morning I am long gone before hair dryer time on work days.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 07:49:08 AM
Morning Fish and Tony glad y'all could wake up and join us.
Almost ready to go back to bed, what are you talking about?
Tony, I smoked a couple cigars you gave me, thought the Porthole was really good, would definitely buy.

Had the Edgar Hoill lancero also, great construction and burn, good straight forward tobacco...just wasn't a big fan of the flavor profile but a high quality cigar for sure
I liked the Porthole a lot. Need to revisit both to make a real determination though. Smoked them each only once.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on March 15, 2016, 07:57:54 AM
good morning Tony and Scott. glad to see you guys are off to work and supporting my SS benefit.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on March 15, 2016, 07:59:29 AM
still Kristoff's left at the Page.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 08:01:21 AM
good morning Tony and Scott. glad to see you guys are off to work and supporting my SS benefit.
GFY, it's Tuesday.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 08:01:52 AM
still Kristoff's left at the Page.
Still need to wait another hour before they switch the deal.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on March 15, 2016, 08:12:15 AM
still Kristoff's left at the Page.
Still need to wait another hour before they switch the deal.
I hit the maduro yesterday.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 08:27:48 AM
still Kristoff's left at the Page.
Still need to wait another hour before they switch the deal.
I hit the maduro yesterday.
Was she hot?
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 08:28:30 AM
still Kristoff's left at the Page.
Still need to wait another hour before they switch the deal.
I hit the maduro yesterday.
Was she hot?
Yes but she had the crabs
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 08:31:59 AM
[...]

I prefer to have my fortune told, by the reading of "the mud" left in the bottom of a cup of Greek coffee.
much less bloodletting, and mess!
Good morning boys...
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 08:32:44 AM
Morning Flip and Happy Birthday Yesterday!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 08:34:08 AM
  9  Oliva Saison  Robusto  (5.0 x 50)
        10/29.99
  8  L'Atelier  LAT56  (6.5 x 56)
         5/32.50
  7  Gran Habano Vintage 2002  Churchill  (7.0 x 50)
       10/24.50
  6  Don Pepin Garcia Blue  Toro  (6.0 x 50)
        5/24.50
  5  Nub Cafe Cappuccino  354  Robusto  (3.7 x 54)
       10/37.50
  4  La Glora Cubana Rabito Cochino  Double Corona  (6.5 x 46)
       2 x 3/box/18.51
  3  Romeo y Julieta Reserve  Churchill  (7.0 x 54)
       10/39.50
  2  Diesel Uncut Connecticut  Toro  (6.5 x 52)
       Mazo of 10/29.99
  1  Drew Estate Undercrown Shade  Gran Toro  (6.0 x 52)
       5/27.50
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 08:36:19 AM
still Kristoff's left at the Page.
Still need to wait another hour before they switch the deal.
I hit the maduro yesterday.
Was she hot?
Yes but she had the crabs
Small price to pay.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 08:36:41 AM
still Kristoff's left at the Page.
Well, it is still before 9:00....
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 08:37:58 AM
still Kristoff's left at the Page.
Well, it is still before 9:00....
Probably sold out of towels though.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 08:38:17 AM
Morning Flip and Happy Birthday Yesterday!
Thanks, I mostly vegitated, in front of the TV, but I did go out and buy
a new pair of walking shoes, some fruits & vegetables, and some beef jerky.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: sfish on March 15, 2016, 08:38:53 AM
good morning Tony and Scott. glad to see you guys are off to work and supporting my SS benefit.
I've got something you can support with your lips...GFY!

Where are my manners? Morning Dean
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: sfish on March 15, 2016, 08:39:27 AM
still Kristoff's left at the Page.
Still need to wait another hour before they switch the deal.
I hit the maduro yesterday.
Was she hot?
CNS
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 08:40:36 AM
10  Daniel Marshall Red Label  Robusto  (5.5 x 52)
         5/24.99
  9  Oliva Saison  Robusto  (5.0 x 50)
        10/29.99
  8  L'Atelier  LAT56  (6.5 x 56)
         5/32.50
  7  Gran Habano Vintage 2002  Churchill  (7.0 x 50)
       10/24.50
  6  Don Pepin Garcia Blue  Toro  (6.0 x 50)
        5/24.50
  5  Nub Cafe Cappuccino  354  Robusto  (3.7 x 54)
       10/37.50
  4  La Glora Cubana Rabito Cochino  Double Corona  (6.5 x 46)
       2 x 3/box/18.51
  3  Romeo y Julieta Reserve  Churchill  (7.0 x 54)
       10/39.50
  2  Diesel Uncut Connecticut  Toro  (6.5 x 52)
       Mazo of 10/29.99
  1  Drew Estate Undercrown Shade  Gran Toro  (6.0 x 52)
       5/27.50
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on March 15, 2016, 08:41:22 AM
Good mornin gents - I'm pissy for a Tuesday, should be a fun day today ;)
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 08:41:51 AM
Morning Flip and Happy Birthday Yesterday!
Thanks, I mostly vegitated, in front of the TV, but I did go out and buy
a new pair of walking shoes, some fruits & vegetables, and some beef jerky.
I always shop for fruits, vegetables and beef jerky on my birthday too!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 08:41:59 AM
Morning Flip and Happy Birthday Yesterday!
+1 on the birthday wishes.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 15, 2016, 08:42:28 AM
Good morning Tony, Flip, Dave, Dave, Scott & Dean!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 08:42:50 AM
Good mornin gents - I'm pissy a pussy for a Tuesday taking, should be a fun day today ;)
Fixed it for you.

Morning CG
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 08:43:16 AM
Good morning Tony, Flip, Dave, Dave, Scott & Dean!
Morning SS
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 15, 2016, 08:45:41 AM
Happy belated birthday Flip!  Hi Shaun.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on March 15, 2016, 08:52:47 AM
Good mornin gents - I'm pissy a pussy for a Tuesday taking, should be a fun day today ;)
Fixed it for you.

Morning CG
Lalts
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on March 15, 2016, 08:53:02 AM
Happy belated birthday Flip!  Hi Shaun.
+1 to Flip, gmornin Sam
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 09:03:30 AM
The Page seems to be having a CI Moment

Edit:  working now 2-day fiver bender?   A spackling of all sorts.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 09:03:33 AM
Morning Sam and YellowStar.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 09:05:35 AM
The Page seems to be having a CI Moment

Edit:  working now 2-day fiver bender?   A spackling of all sorts.
Some nice offerings, just "gone" or "sold out"
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 09:05:52 AM
The Page seems to be having a CI Moment

Edit:  working now 2-day fiver bender?   A spackling of all sorts.
Almost everything SOLD OUT at the opening
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 09:05:56 AM
Good mornin gents - I'm pissy for a Tuesday, should be a fun day today ;)
Are you threatening me?
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 09:06:29 AM
Good morning Tony, Flip, Dave, Dave, Scott & Dean!
Back atcha, Sam.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 09:06:47 AM
The Page seems to be having a CI Moment

Edit:  working now 2-day fiver bender?   A spackling of all sorts.
Almost everything SOLD OUT at the opening
What a fuct up opeation
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 09:08:14 AM
The Page seems to be having a CI Moment

Edit:  working now 2-day fiver bender?   A spackling of all sorts.
Almost everything SOLD OUT at the opening
What a fuct up opeation
Short Stories showing in stock 5/$22 which is a nice buy

8-5-8's  5/$20
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 09:08:22 AM
The Page seems to be having a CI Moment

Edit:  working now 2-day fiver bender?   A spackling of all sorts.
Almost everything SOLD OUT at the opening
What a fuct up opeation
Hatah!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 09:33:43 AM
Markets Are Open:

DOW   -88
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 09:34:49 AM
Time to go get a haircut, BBL
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 09:36:34 AM
11 Man O' War Puro Authentico  Corona  (5.0 x 42)
        10/
[...]
Post by: CigarGuy87 on March 15, 2016, 09:38:48 AM
Good mornin gents - I'm pissy for a Tuesday, should be a fun day today ;)
Are you threatening me?
Uncle T!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 09:52:08 AM
I'm on a conference call from hell. The people making decisions don't have a clue about how the technology works. And everything I say to clear up the matter seems to be falling on deaf ears. So fuck 'em, I'll banter.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 10:00:49 AM
Morning Flip and Happy Birthday Yesterday!
Thanks, I mostly vegitated, in front of the TV, but I did go out and buy
a new pair of walking shoes, some fruits & vegetables, and some beef jerky.
I always shop for fruits, vegetables and beef jerky on my birthday too!
Well the farmers market store was down the road from the New Balance store
on RT 17.  So then I get to the legion around 4pm ordered a beer, and 10 minutes
later, get a call from my youngest daughter who says she needs Allegra D.
Wife had come home, and was with her, so I finish my beer and head for Walgreens.
then had the jack's links jerky on sale, so i bought a couple of bags.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 10:26:03 AM
Looks like it's a conference call lull.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 10:30:18 AM
Anybody heard anything about the new La Zona "pickle juice" candela cigar
from Espinosa.  There is an event on St. Patrick's day, at Cigar Shack.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 10:39:21 AM
Jeez, gone for an hour and only 6 posts!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 10:39:40 AM
I'm on a conference call from hell. The people making decisions don't have a clue about how the technology works. And everything I say to clear up the matter seems to be falling on deaf ears. So fuck 'em, I'll banter.
That is the spirit!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 11:08:28 AM
Jeez, gone for an hour and only 6 posts!
It could have been worse, I've been sitting here and 3 of those post are mine
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 15, 2016, 11:13:05 AM
Jeez, gone for an hour and only 6 posts!
It could have been worse, I've been sitting here and 3 of those post are mine
Well, I don't know, I for one am interested in hearing about pickle juice cigars.  but, about ready for a lunch/meeting that I was volunteered for.  Saving grace is it's at Firebirds Steakhouse.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 11:19:20 AM
Jeez, gone for an hour and only 6 posts!
It could have been worse, I've been sitting here and 3 of those post are mine
Well, I don't know, I for one am interested in hearing about pickle juice cigars.  but, about ready for a lunch/meeting that I was volunteered for.  Saving grace is it's at Firebirds Steakhouse.
I heard they were green.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 11:25:30 AM
13 Brick House  Robusto  (5.0 x 54)
         5/24.10
12 Rocky Patel Signature  Toro  (6.0 x 52)
        10/34.99
[...]
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 11:26:04 AM
Jeez, gone for an hour and only 6 posts!
It could have been worse, I've been sitting here and 3 of those post are mine
Well, I don't know, I for one am interested in hearing about pickle juice cigars.  but, about ready for a lunch/meeting that I was volunteered for.  Saving grace is it's at Firebirds Steakhouse.
I heard they were green.
was it the name, or candela, that clued you in?
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 11:30:00 AM
Jeez, gone for an hour and only 6 posts!
It could have been worse, I've been sitting here and 3 of those post are mine
Well, I don't know, I for one am interested in hearing about pickle juice cigars.  but, about ready for a lunch/meeting that I was volunteered for.  Saving grace is it's at Firebirds Steakhouse.
I heard they were green.
was it the name, or candela, that clued you in?
No, I saw a picture of them on one of the cigar sites . ;)
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 11:38:50 AM
Jeez, gone for an hour and only 6 posts!
It could have been worse, I've been sitting here and 3 of those post are mine
Well, I don't know, I for one am interested in hearing about pickle juice cigars.  but, about ready for a lunch/meeting that I was volunteered for.  Saving grace is it's at Firebirds Steakhouse.
I heard they were green.
was it the name, or candela, that clued you in?
No, I saw a picture of them on one of the cigar sites . ;)
They are supposedly limited allocation to about 25 stores in the US, but they say they will
have some for sale at the Espinosa event on Thursday.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 11:40:16 AM
Jeez, gone for an hour and only 6 posts!
It could have been worse, I've been sitting here and 3 of those post are mine
I don't feel sorry for you.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 11:42:09 AM
On their distribution list, it says some went to both Atlantic and CI.  With the small quantities , I believe they are holding them and distribution in-store only.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 11:43:26 AM
I got an LFD and an 888 candela for St. Pats.  If you still want one, there is a reasonably priced sampler at Atlantic you can try.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 11:44:22 AM
Jeez, gone for an hour and only 6 posts!
It could have been worse, I've been sitting here and 3 of those post are mine
Well, I don't know, I for one am interested in hearing about pickle juice cigars.  but, about ready for a lunch/meeting that I was volunteered for.  Saving grace is it's at Firebirds Steakhouse.
I heard they were green.
was it the name, or candela, that clued you in?
No, I saw a picture of them on one of the cigar sites . ;)
They are supposedly limited allocation to about 25 stores in the US, but they say they will
have some for sale at the Espinosa event on Thursday.
This is where I saw them.

http://halfwheel.com/moyaruiz-ships-pickle-juice/109582
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 11:48:34 AM
14 Diesel Premier Ashtray Collection.
         5/22.50 with melamine ashtray.
[...]
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 12:09:50 PM
Time for me to head down the hill.  My cigar and beers await me.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 12:10:57 PM
BTW, just heard from the boy....he passed his defense (not that I expected any different), so PhD in the bag.  Proud of him!  Already got a cigar picked out for later.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 12:11:29 PM
Today is national take your flask
to work day.  I just made it up, tell the others!  8)
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 12:13:15 PM
BTW, just heard from the boy....he passed his defense (not that I expected any different), so PhD in the bag.  Proud of him!  Already got a cigar picked out for later.
congrats, going to head out for lunch myself.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 12:13:25 PM
BTW, just heard from the boy....he passed his defense (not that I expected any different), so PhD in the bag.  Proud of him!  Already got a cigar picked out for later.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 12:19:39 PM
Lunch time for me too.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 12:39:36 PM
Beef Fajita tacos, chips and queso today
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: sfish on March 15, 2016, 12:43:12 PM
BTW, just heard from the boy....he passed his defense (not that I expected any different), so PhD in the bag.  Proud of him!  Already got a cigar picked out for later.
Congratulations Dave, that's awesome
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 15, 2016, 12:47:11 PM
BTW, just heard from the boy....he passed his defense (not that I expected any different), so PhD in the bag.  Proud of him!  Already got a cigar picked out for later.
Congratulations Dave, that's awesome
;D
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 12:59:04 PM
Pretty Neat Story!

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — The 500-year-old wreckage of Portuguese ship piloted by an uncle of explorer Vasco da Gama has been found off the coast of Oman, archaeologists said Tuesday, a discovery that included the recovery of an incredibly rare coin.

The Esmeralda sank during a violent storm near al-Hallaniyah Island in the Indian Ocean in May 1503, killing commander Vicente Sodre and all those aboard.

 Beginning in 2013, a team from the British company Blue Water Recoveries and the Oman Ministry of Heritage and Culture explored a site in the island's Ghubbat ar Rahib Bay. They later determined the debris found there came from the long-missing ship, one of two lost in the storm from da Gama's second voyage to India.

Among the stone shot, ceramics, a bell and other debris, divers discovered an incredibly rare silver coin called an Indio, of which only one other is known to exist today, said David L. Mearns, the director of Blue Water Recoveries. The coins were forged in 1499 after da Gama's first voyage to India, which helps date the wreckage, he said
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 01:10:05 PM
Just in case anyone is looking for Bean tomorrow you can likely find him here:

First Lady to be Joined by Missy Elliott, Diane Warren, Sophia Bush, and Queen Latifah

SXSW is honored to announce that the First Lady Michelle Obama's Opening Keynote will feature Missy Elliott, Diane Warren, and Sophia Bush, and will be moderated by Queen Latifah. This special presentation will be held on Wednesday, March 16 at 11:00 a.m. in Ballroom D of the Austin Convention Center...
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 01:18:03 PM
Beef Fajita tacos, chips and queso today
Mongolian grill, various veggies, mushrooms, beef, pork and scallops.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 01:19:39 PM
Beef Fajita tacos, chips and queso today
Mongolian grill, various veggies, mushrooms, beef, pork and scallops.
I like a good Mongolian Grill dish but we don't have a good Mongolian Grill here.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 01:48:01 PM
Beef Fajita tacos, chips and queso today
Mongolian grill, various veggies, mushrooms, beef, pork and scallops.
I like a good Mongolian Grill dish but we don't have a good Mongolian Grill here.
but your Tex_Mex is better than ours, plus there might be some good bar-b-que.
had some mussels Fra Diavolo Saturday evening, nowhere near as good as Jaime's
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 01:58:09 PM
Beef Fajita tacos, chips and queso today
Mongolian grill, various veggies, mushrooms, beef, pork and scallops.
I like a good Mongolian Grill dish but we don't have a good Mongolian Grill here.
but your Tex_Mex is better than ours, plus there might be some good bar-b-que.
had some mussels Fra Diavolo Saturday evening, nowhere near as good as Jaime's
Agree on Mexican and BBQ but you sure got TX beat on the Italian front!!!!!!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 02:00:33 PM
Beef Fajita tacos, chips and queso today
Mongolian grill, various veggies, mushrooms, beef, pork and scallops.
I like a good Mongolian Grill dish but we don't have a good Mongolian Grill here.
but your Tex_Mex is better than ours, plus there might be some good bar-b-que.
had some mussels Fra Diavolo Saturday evening, nowhere near as good as Jaime's
Agree on Mexican and BBQ but you sure got TX beat on the Italian front!!!!!!
Well that's because you got more Texans and Mexicans than us,
but NY/NJ has more Italians than Rome....
and a lot of our Mexicans are working in Chinese restaurants for Koreans....
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 02:03:08 PM
Beef Fajita tacos, chips and queso today
Mongolian grill, various veggies, mushrooms, beef, pork and scallops.
I like a good Mongolian Grill dish but we don't have a good Mongolian Grill here.
but your Tex_Mex is better than ours, plus there might be some good bar-b-que.
had some mussels Fra Diavolo Saturday evening, nowhere near as good as Jaime's
Agree on Mexican and BBQ but you sure got TX beat on the Italian front!!!!!!
Well that's because you got more Texans and Mexicans than us,
but NY/NJ has more Italians than Rome....
and a lot of our Mexicans are working in Chinese restaurants for Koreans....
We have some very good Chinese restaurants just a poor selection of Mongolian style.  Only two Mongolian places that I know of here one local and one chain, both terrible.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 02:06:13 PM
I'm on a conference call from hell. The people making decisions don't have a clue about how the technology works. And everything I say to clear up the matter seems to be falling on deaf ears. So fuck 'em, I'll banter.
That is the spirit!
Unfortunately, I'll never get those 3 hours back. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 02:10:16 PM
I'm on a conference call from hell. The people making decisions don't have a clue about how the technology works. And everything I say to clear up the matter seems to be falling on deaf ears. So fuck 'em, I'll banter.
That is the spirit!
Unfortunately, I'll never get those 3 hours back. Sheesh.
Do you want to have to sit through that conference call again, but listening
to it backwards, like a Beatles record, to find out Paul is dead?  ???
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 02:10:21 PM
I'm on a conference call from hell. The people making decisions don't have a clue about how the technology works. And everything I say to clear up the matter seems to be falling on deaf ears. So fuck 'em, I'll banter.
That is the spirit!
Unfortunately, I'll never get those 3 hours back. Sheesh.
I have 9 of those every day except Fridays
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 15, 2016, 02:19:59 PM
BTW, just heard from the boy....he passed his defense (not that I expected any different), so PhD in the bag.  Proud of him!  Already got a cigar picked out for later.
Nice!  Congratulations to him!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on March 15, 2016, 02:20:45 PM
Just in case anyone is looking for Bean tomorrow you can likely find him here:

First Lady to be Joined by Missy Elliott, Diane Warren, Sophia Bush, and Queen Latifah

SXSW is honored to announce that the First Lady Michelle Obama's Opening Keynote will feature Missy Elliott, Diane Warren, and Sophia Bush, and will be moderated by Queen Latifah. This special presentation will be held on Wednesday, March 16 at 11:00 a.m. in Ballroom D of the Austin Convention Center...
GFY.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on March 15, 2016, 02:21:23 PM
BTW, just heard from the boy....he passed his defense (not that I expected any different), so PhD in the bag.  Proud of him!  Already got a cigar picked out for later.
Nice!  Congratulations to him!
Indeed.  Dr.TravelinDaveJr.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 02:22:34 PM
Just in case anyone is looking for Bean tomorrow you can likely find him here:

First Lady to be Joined by Missy Elliott, Diane Warren, Sophia Bush, and Queen Latifah

SXSW is honored to announce that the First Lady Michelle Obama's Opening Keynote will feature Missy Elliott, Diane Warren, and Sophia Bush, and will be moderated by Queen Latifah. This special presentation will be held on Wednesday, March 16 at 11:00 a.m. in Ballroom D of the Austin Convention Center...
GFY.
LMFAO
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 02:33:23 PM
Just in case anyone is looking for Bean tomorrow you can likely find him here:

First Lady to be Joined by Missy Elliott, Diane Warren, Sophia Bush, and Queen Latifah

SXSW is honored to announce that the First Lady Michelle Obama's Opening Keynote will feature Missy Elliott, Diane Warren, and Sophia Bush, and will be moderated by Queen Latifah. This special presentation will be held on Wednesday, March 16 at 11:00 a.m. in Ballroom D of the Austin Convention Center...
GFY.
LMFAO
Right, he was hoping for Florence and the Machine!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 02:38:40 PM
BTW, just heard from the boy....he passed his defense (not that I expected any different), so PhD in the bag.  Proud of him!  Already got a cigar picked out for later.
Congrats to Dr. Dave Jr!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 02:46:47 PM
Beef Fajita tacos, chips and queso today
Mongolian grill, various veggies, mushrooms, beef, pork and scallops.
Where?
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 02:58:05 PM
Got to  go b the AGC then headed home.  Later from the patio.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 03:12:45 PM
Beef Fajita tacos, chips and queso today
Mongolian grill, various veggies, mushrooms, beef, pork and scallops.
Where?
corner deli 34th & 10th. they have a hot & cold buffet as well, soups, sandwiches, sushi, salads, and other stuff.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 15, 2016, 03:14:06 PM
Got to  go b the AGC then headed home.  Later from the patio.
see ya then.  drive safe!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 03:14:44 PM
Got to  go b the AGC then headed home.  Later from the patio.
Take care Dave, drive safe in the SXSW traffic....
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on March 15, 2016, 03:54:06 PM
Good afternoon corksoakers ...!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 15, 2016, 03:54:35 PM
time for a little Rodney
I get no respect. The way my luck is running, if I was a politician I would be honest. Rodney Dangerfield
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 15, 2016, 03:54:50 PM
Good afternoon corksoakers ...!
hey there BD!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 15, 2016, 03:55:31 PM
I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand. Rodney Dangerfie
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 15, 2016, 03:55:59 PM
My marriage is on the rocks again, yeah, my wife just broke up with her boyfriend. Rodney Dangerfield
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 15, 2016, 03:57:21 PM
We sleep in separate rooms, we have dinner apart, we take separate vacations - we're doing everything we can to keep our marriage together. Rodney Dangerfield
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 15, 2016, 03:59:50 PM
And finally a brain teaser from Steven Wright

If you are in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen? Steven Wright
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on March 15, 2016, 04:05:32 PM
time for a little Rodney
I get no respect. The way my luck is running, if I was a politician I would be honest. Rodney Dangerfield
I'm a Rodney Dangerfield fan myself.. :)
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on March 15, 2016, 04:06:38 PM
Good afternoon corksoakers ...!
hey there BD!
Howdy Sam....
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on March 15, 2016, 04:07:54 PM
And finally a brain teaser from Steven Wright

If you are in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen? Steven Wright
They come on, but they trail and chase the car, I believe...
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 04:11:16 PM
And finally a brain teaser from Steven Wright

If you are in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen? Steven Wright
the other day, I came home and tried to open my house with the car keys, it started up, so I drove it onto the parkway and stopped, then yelled at everybody to get the hell out of my driveway!

You can't have everything.... where would you put it?
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on March 15, 2016, 04:13:50 PM
We sleep in separate rooms, we have dinner apart, we take separate vacations - we're doing everything we can to keep our marriage together. Rodney Dangerfield
I can relate to that...  I've been sitting here all day trying to figure out what today is...?  I know it's voting day, but it sure seems like I'm missing something....?   It just dawned on me a few minutes ago, it's my wedding anniversary...  I guess my wife hasn't figured it out yet since she hasn't said anything...
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 04:16:24 PM
I made it flip to page 2 on Joe Cigar, I had over 8000 posts over there....
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 04:19:08 PM
We sleep in separate rooms, we have dinner apart, we take separate vacations - we're doing everything we can to keep our marriage together. Rodney Dangerfield
I can relate to that...  I've been sitting here all day trying to figure out what today is...?  I know it's voting day, but it sure seems like I'm missing something....?   It just dawned on me a few minutes ago, it's my wedding anniversary...  I guess my wife hasn't figured it out yet since she hasn't said anything...
You are mistaking her silence for she hasn't noticed yet,  Do you frequently run with scissors, or stick flatware in electrical sockets?  A "Sweetheart, where did you want to go for our anniversary dinner?" is about 7 hours overdue!  ::)
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on March 15, 2016, 04:19:43 PM
I made it flip to page 2 on Joe Cigar, I had over 8000 posts over there....
Congrad's on here for your posts over there... :)
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 04:20:17 PM
We sleep in separate rooms, we have dinner apart, we take separate vacations - we're doing everything we can to keep our marriage together. Rodney Dangerfield
I can relate to that...  I've been sitting here all day trying to figure out what today is...?  I know it's voting day, but it sure seems like I'm missing something....?   It just dawned on me a few minutes ago, it's my wedding anniversary...  I guess my wife hasn't figured it out yet since she hasn't said anything...
Alternate ending - Beware the Ides of March, BD has to sleep with one eye open tonight.
E tu Brute!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on March 15, 2016, 04:23:02 PM
We sleep in separate rooms, we have dinner apart, we take separate vacations - we're doing everything we can to keep our marriage together. Rodney Dangerfield
I can relate to that...  I've been sitting here all day trying to figure out what today is...?  I know it's voting day, but it sure seems like I'm missing something....?   It just dawned on me a few minutes ago, it's my wedding anniversary...  I guess my wife hasn't figured it out yet since she hasn't said anything...
You are mistaking her silence for she hasn't noticed yet,  Do you frequently run with scissors, or stick flatware in electrical sockets?  A "Sweetheart, where did you want to go for our anniversary dinner?" is about 7 hours overdue!  ::)
She's off today, so I asked her what she wanted for supper and she said, "leftovers...."  I'm about 75% sure she forgot, since all we've been talking about was going and voting.  Oh well... Leftovers sound good too...  I had made the Christmas Ham yesterday, the one I forgot to fix at Christmas.  So maybe ham and swiss cheese will do...
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on March 15, 2016, 04:29:25 PM
Well, I've got a Unholy Cocktail clipped, a Green Apple Ale, the attic fan is on, and the wife is very, very quiet.  So it looks like a good time for a cigar... :)  BBL (maybe)
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 04:31:04 PM
Afternoon Dad
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 04:32:13 PM
93 degrees here with 21% humidity.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 04:33:11 PM
Casa Fernandez Miami Aganorsa lit with some ice water.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 04:34:40 PM
Well, I've got a Unholy Cocktail clipped, a Green Apple Ale, the attic fan is on, and the wife is very, very quiet.  So it looks like a good time for a cigar... :)  BBL (maybe)
he's running with scissors for sure....
take care guys, I'm out of here.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 15, 2016, 04:35:19 PM
Casa Fernandez Miami Aganorsa lit with some ice water.
Dave you made it home....
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 04:37:07 PM
Casa Fernandez Miami Aganorsa lit with some ice water.
Dave you made it home....
Yes I did, have a good evening Flip
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 15, 2016, 05:00:11 PM
Well, I've got a Unholy Cocktail clipped, a Green Apple Ale, the attic fan is on, and the wife is very, very quiet.  So it looks like a good time for a cigar... :)  BBL (maybe)
he's running with scissors for sure....
take care guys, I'm out of here.
later Flip.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 15, 2016, 05:01:55 PM
93 degrees here with 21% humidity.
Love it!  do you normally have low humidity in the spring/summer?
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 05:04:22 PM
Amazing!  Some of the items showing sold out on the Page this morning are now in stock. ::)
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 05:11:16 PM
93 degrees here with 21% humidity.
Love it!  do you normally have low humidity in the spring/summer?
Usually low in the afternoons but not this low
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Johnny on March 15, 2016, 05:11:37 PM
Amazing!  Some of the items showing sold out on the Page this morning are now in stock. ::)
Dave, you ever have any dealings with a Canik pistol?
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 05:23:04 PM
Amazing!  Some of the items showing sold out on the Page this morning are now in stock. ::)
Dave, you ever have any dealings with a Canik pistol?
Hello stranger, hope you are doing well.

Never shot one but some of them  are a good quality CZ knockoff at a lot less money, similar to the EAA Witness line.  I have a witness 9mm and it is a great gun.  Canik  Stingray C is very nice.  About the only minor problem I know of is they don't tend to like real cheap (import) range ammo and extra magazines are expensive.

Oh yeah they are pretty heavy too if for carry.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Johnny on March 15, 2016, 05:26:33 PM
Amazing!  Some of the items showing sold out on the Page this morning are now in stock. ::)
Dave, you ever have any dealings with a Canik pistol?
Hello stranger, hope you are doing well.

Never shot one but some of them  are a good quality CZ knockoff at a lot less money, similar to the EAA Witness line.  I have a witness 9mm and it is a great gun.  Canik  Stingray C is very nice.  About the only minor problem I know of is they don't tend to like real cheap (import) range ammo and extra magazines are expensive.
haven't had a chance to shoot it yet since I just got it yesterday,all the reviews were pretty favorable for it.It came with an extra magazine.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 05:27:32 PM
Amazing!  Some of the items showing sold out on the Page this morning are now in stock. ::)
Dave, you ever have any dealings with a Canik pistol?
Hello stranger, hope you are doing well.

Never shot one but some of them  are a good quality CZ knockoff at a lot less money, similar to the EAA Witness line.  I have a witness 9mm and it is a great gun.  Canik  Stingray C is very nice.  About the only minor problem I know of is they don't tend to like real cheap (import) range ammo and extra magazines are expensive.
haven't had a chance to shoot it yet since I just got it yesterday,all the reviews were pretty favorable for it.
I know people that own them and other than what I mentioned never heard a complaint.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 05:29:38 PM
Amazing!  Some of the items showing sold out on the Page this morning are now in stock. ::)
Dave, you ever have any dealings with a Canik pistol?
Hello stranger, hope you are doing well.

Never shot one but some of them  are a good quality CZ knockoff at a lot less money, similar to the EAA Witness line.  I have a witness 9mm and it is a great gun.  Canik  Stingray C is very nice.  About the only minor problem I know of is they don't tend to like real cheap (import) range ammo and extra magazines are expensive.
haven't had a chance to shoot it yet since I just got it yesterday,all the reviews were pretty favorable for it.
I know people that own them and other than what I mentioned never heard a complaint.
Which model did you get?
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Johnny on March 15, 2016, 05:32:42 PM
Amazing!  Some of the items showing sold out on the Page this morning are now in stock. ::)
Dave, you ever have any dealings with a Canik pistol?
Hello stranger, hope you are doing well.

Never shot one but some of them  are a good quality CZ knockoff at a lot less money, similar to the EAA Witness line.  I have a witness 9mm and it is a great gun.  Canik  Stingray C is very nice.  About the only minor problem I know of is they don't tend to like real cheap (import) range ammo and extra magazines are expensive.
haven't had a chance to shoot it yet since I just got it yesterday,all the reviews were pretty favorable for it.
I know people that own them and other than what I mentioned never heard a complaint.
Which model did you get?
It's the 9SA, 9mm,heavy gun but I don't intend to use it as a carry weapon.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 05:38:31 PM
Amazing!  Some of the items showing sold out on the Page this morning are now in stock. ::)
Dave, you ever have any dealings with a Canik pistol?
Hello stranger, hope you are doing well.

Never shot one but some of them  are a good quality CZ knockoff at a lot less money, similar to the EAA Witness line.  I have a witness 9mm and it is a great gun.  Canik  Stingray C is very nice.  About the only minor problem I know of is they don't tend to like real cheap (import) range ammo and extra magazines are expensive.
haven't had a chance to shoot it yet since I just got it yesterday,all the reviews were pretty favorable for it.
I know people that own them and other than what I mentioned never heard a complaint.
Which model did you get?
It's the 9SA, 9mm,heavy gun but I don't intend to use it as a carry weapon.
Walther type I believe and should serve you very well.  Holds a buch of ammo!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Johnny on March 15, 2016, 05:42:54 PM
[...]

Yep, holds 14 rounds, I have a little 380 derringer I use for a carry gun,just drop it in my pocket and go on about my business.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 05:49:33 PM
[...]

I think Mec-Gar makes 18 round mags for them and they are good quality, probaly MecGars with it.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 05:51:07 PM
[...]

Just picked up my new Glock 30S .45 today for carry.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Johnny on March 15, 2016, 05:52:50 PM
[...]

This one came with a extra mag,that's about all the shooting I'll do in one sitting anyway.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 05:55:58 PM
[...]

Ammo cost has reduced my plinking significantly!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Johnny on March 15, 2016, 05:57:38 PM
[...]

Yep says MecGar on the mag.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Johnny on March 15, 2016, 06:04:04 PM
Need to run to the store, thanks for the info,Dave.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 06:06:15 PM
Need to run to the store, thanks for the info,Dave.
Good hearing from you Johnny, take care.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 08:24:40 PM
Little Rubio

Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on March 15, 2016, 08:33:12 PM
Evening Dave. Flor de Valle, corona gorda size, on this beautiful evening, another from the GenerousNJDave stash.  Real nice stick.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 08:33:27 PM
Awesome seeing Johnny on here again. The rest of yuz can GFY.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 08:34:08 PM
Little Rubio
He's out?
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 08:34:54 PM
Evening Dave. Flor de Valle, corona gorda size, on this beautiful evening, another from the GenerousNJDave stash.  Real nice stick.
Evening Bean, you might as well just move Frenchies humidor to your house.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 08:35:02 PM
Good evening, Mark. Nice to see you too.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 08:35:06 PM
Little Rubio
He's out?
Yep
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 08:36:39 PM
Awesome seeing Johnny on here again. The rest of yuz can GFY.
That was not very nice to say after I kept your lights on for the past 3 hours.

Yes, great to hear from Johnny.

Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 08:38:13 PM
I just had an early Saint Pat's cigar; a candela churchill. It was a b&m house blend. Nice change of pace.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 08:39:03 PM
Awesome seeing Johnny on here again. The rest of yuz can GFY.
That was not very nice to say after I kept your lights on for the past 3 hours.

Yes, great to hear from Johnny.
You know I love you. Just trying to start shit on a Tuesday.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 08:40:35 PM
I'm waiting for my Chinese food order. I'll be hungry again in an hour. But then again, I'm always hungry again in an hour.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 08:47:09 PM
I'm waiting for my Chinese food order. I'll be hungry again in an hour. But then again, I'm always hungry again in an hour.
I know that feeling all to well.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 08:47:30 PM
Awesome seeing Johnny on here again. The rest of yuz can GFY.
That was not very nice to say after I kept your lights on for the past 3 hours.

Yes, great to hear from Johnny.
You know I love you. Just trying to start shit on a Tuesday.
🍻
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on March 15, 2016, 08:51:48 PM
Awesome seeing Johnny on here again. The rest of yuz can GFY.
That was not very nice to say after I kept your lights on for the past 3 hours.

Yes, great to hear from Johnny.
Yes, and to know he's well armed!
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 15, 2016, 09:46:07 PM
Four Kicks Robustos Jamming 10/$40
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 09:52:11 PM
Four Kicks Robustos Jamming 10/$40
Still chowing down here and I have a few of those left. Therefore, that's a pass.
Title: Re: 3/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 15, 2016, 10:11:56 PM
Cigarpage.com is looking very different than it did 12 hours ago. Haven't even found the bottom of the page yet. It seems like the deals are endless.