CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on June 07, 2014, 12:00:05 AM

Title: 6/7/2014
Post by: CigarBanter on June 07, 2014, 12:00:05 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 12:05:45 AM
KC, I've been home since Monday. More suspected medical problems, that turned out to be good news. My problem was that I don't need blood pressure medicine anymore, and the medication was causing LOW blood pressure, and weakness, lightheaded, etc..
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 07, 2014, 12:10:05 AM
KC, I've been home since Monday. More suspected medical problems, that turned out to be good news. My problem was that I don't need blood pressure medicine anymore, and the medication was causing LOW blood pressure, and weakness, lightheaded, etc..
that's great news ken.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 12:13:13 AM
KC, I've been home since Monday. More suspected medical problems, that turned out to be good news. My problem was that I don't need blood pressure medicine anymore, and the medication was causing LOW blood pressure, and weakness, lightheaded, etc..
Glad to hear that.  Maybe cutting back on the booze just a bit got your BP back to normal.  I just figured out how to get from yesterday to today on this place.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 07, 2014, 12:21:27 AM
Looking forward to heading home...except for the 22 hours in the air part...
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 12:22:04 AM
KC, I've been home since Monday. More suspected medical problems, that turned out to be good news. My problem was that I don't need blood pressure medicine anymore, and the medication was causing LOW blood pressure, and weakness, lightheaded, etc..
Glad to hear that.  Maybe cutting back on the booze just a bit got your BP back to normal.  I just figured out how to get from yesterday to today on this place.
Thanks, David & KC. The Dr. said he was jealous of my Cholesterol number: 100. Liver, blood count, stress test showed no blockages, triglycerides great--But, blood pressure was 100 over 60. I've never had blood pressure that low! He cut one of the 2 BP meds in half. and stop the other one completely. See what that does. Said I may get off them completely. I did cut my drinking by about 2/3.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 12:23:23 AM
Looking forward to heading home...except for the 22 hours in the air part...
Wow! 22 hrs? Would drive me crazy!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 12:29:45 AM
KC, those DPG Blues were 10 for $40, usual jam price, but with the 20% worked for them and thus, $32.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 12:33:11 AM
KC, those DPG Blues were 10 for $40, usual jam price, but with the 20% worked for them and thus, $32.
Great price, Will!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 12:40:39 AM
KC, those DPG Blues were 10 for $40, usual jam price, but with the 20% worked for them and thus, $32.
Great price, Will!
It's getting late, but I have not had a cigar. I will remedy this now.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 12:42:44 AM
maybe I can PW for an hr, while I smoke a marevas, and catch up to JR?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 07, 2014, 12:54:09 AM
maybe I can PW for an hr, while I smoke a marevas, and catch up to JR?
Yea, good to have motivation and role models.  Think I'll join you.  Have a gifted Diesel Delirium ready to go.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 01:03:33 AM
maybe I can PW for an hr, while I smoke a marevas, and catch up to JR?
Yea, good to have motivation and role models.  Think I'll join you.  Have a gifted Diesel Delirium ready to go.
Dave, you are at the airport? I love these little San Cristobal. They will never get age if I keep smoking them!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 07, 2014, 01:14:54 AM
maybe I can PW for an hr, while I smoke a marevas, and catch up to JR?
Yea, good to have motivation and role models.  Think I'll join you.  Have a gifted Diesel Delirium ready to go.
Dave, you are at the airport? I love these little San Cristobal. They will never get age if I keep smoking them!
I fly out in about 19 hours, Saturday afternoon here.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 01:16:36 AM
maybe I can PW for an hr, while I smoke a marevas, and catch up to JR?
Yea, good to have motivation and role models.  Think I'll join you.  Have a gifted Diesel Delirium ready to go.
OK Dave, I get it now. I'm a bit slow at times. 22 hrs in the air, not airport! I guess you are as far as you can be from NJ--half the circumference of the planet more or less. Can't get any farther, or you would be getting closer!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 07, 2014, 01:33:52 AM
maybe I can PW for an hr, while I smoke a marevas, and catch up to JR?
Yea, good to have motivation and role models.  Think I'll join you.  Have a gifted Diesel Delirium ready to go.
OK Dave, I get it now. I'm a bit slow at times. 22 hrs in the air, not airport! I guess you are as far as you can be from NJ--half the circumference of the planet more or less. Can't get any farther, or you would be getting closer!
That about sums it up...Melbourne, AU
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 01:53:31 AM
This cigar is great! San Cristobal El Principe. Oy said it smokes like a large cigar, and he was not wrong! This petite corona is great. Have it on a nubber too.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Baby Face Finster on June 07, 2014, 01:59:46 AM
Whoop whoop! Howdy brothers! Drunk as a skunk! Talisker Distillers edition! what to smoke with it?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Baby Face Finster on June 07, 2014, 02:02:57 AM
KC Where the hell is Rick? Still waiting for the next move. Everybody comes to KC's!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 02:08:30 AM
Whoop whoop! Howdy brothers! Drunk as a skunk! Talisker Distillers edition! what to smoke with it?
Anything!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Baby Face Finster on June 07, 2014, 02:08:46 AM
maybe I can PW for an hr, while I smoke a marevas, and catch up to JR?
Glad to hear the good report! Smoke on!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Baby Face Finster on June 07, 2014, 02:10:07 AM
Whoop whoop! Howdy brothers! Drunk as a skunk! Talisker Distillers edition! what to smoke with it?
Anything!
DPG blue is good enough to go with this peaty scotch.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 02:15:47 AM
maybe I can PW for an hr, while I smoke a marevas, and catch up to JR?
Glad to hear the good report! Smoke on!
Thanks, Fin
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 02:16:43 AM
KC Where the hell is Rick? Still waiting for the next move. Everybody comes to KC's!
Yes, yes we do!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Baby Face Finster on June 07, 2014, 02:19:23 AM
KC Where the hell is Rick? Still waiting for the next move. Everybody comes to KC's!
Yes, yes we do!
Cheers Brother!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 02:42:57 AM
Henry Hill: You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny.
Tommy DeVito: What do you mean I'm funny?
Henry Hill: It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy.
[laughs]
Tommy DeVito: What do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?
Henry Hill: It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.
Tommy DeVito: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What's funny about it?
Anthony Stabile: Tommy no, You got it all wrong.
Tommy DeVito: Oh, oh, Anthony. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?
Henry Hill: Jus...
Tommy DeVito: What?
Henry Hill: Just... ya know... you're funny.
Tommy DeVito: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, Funny how? How am I funny?
Henry Hill: Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?
Tommy DeVito: No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny, what the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!
Henry Hill: [long pause] Get the fuck out of here, Tommy!
Tommy DeVito: [everyone laughs] Ya motherfucker! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering prick ya. Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Baby Face Finster on June 07, 2014, 02:52:45 AM
[...]
Good movie. BANG!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 03:51:04 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 04:07:00 AM
Today is Saturday, June 7, the 158th day of 2014. There are 207 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 04:08:10 AM
Today's Highlights in History:

On June 7, 1939, King George VI and his wife, Queen Elizabeth, arrived at Niagara Falls, New York, from Canada on the first visit to the United States by a reigning British monarch.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 04:09:42 AM
In 1769, frontiersman Daniel Boone first began to explore present-day Kentucky.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 04:10:21 AM
In 1776, Richard Henry Lee of Virginia offered a resolution to the Continental Congress stating "That these United Colonies are, and of right ought to be, free and independent States."
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 04:11:33 AM
In 1892, Homer Plessy, a "Creole of color," was fined for refusing to leave a whites-only car of the East Louisiana Railroad. (Ruling on his case, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld "separate but equal" racial segregation, which it overturned in 1954.)
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 04:12:09 AM
In 1942, the World War II Battle of Midway ended in a decisive victory for American forces over the Imperial Japanese.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 04:13:24 AM
In 1954, British mathematician, computer pioneer and code breaker Alan Turing died at age 41, an apparent suicide. (Turing, convicted in 1952 of "gross indecency" for a homosexual relationship, was posthumously pardoned in 2013.)
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 04:14:13 AM
In 1967, the Haight Ashbury Free Medical Clinic opened in San Francisco.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 04:14:54 AM
In 1972, the musical "Grease" opened on Broadway, having already been performed in lower Manhattan.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 04:15:31 AM
In 1981, Israeli military planes destroyed a nuclear power plant in Iraq, a facility the Israelis charged could have been used to make nuclear weapons.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 04:16:28 AM
In 1984, the occult comedy "Ghostbusters," released by Columbia Pictures, had its world premiere in Westwood, California.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 04:17:17 AM
In 1998, in a crime that shocked the nation, James Byrd Jr., a 49-year-old black man, was hooked by a chain to a pickup truck and dragged to his death in Jasper, Texas. (Two white men were later sentenced to death; one of them, Lawrence Russell Brewer, was executed in 2011. A third defendant received life with the possibility of parole.)
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 04:17:53 AM
Ten years ago: A steady, near-silent stream of people circled through the rotunda of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California, where the body of the nation's 40th president lay in repose before traveling to Washington two days later for a state funeral. The Tampa Bay Lightning held off the Calgary Flames 2-1 in Game 7 to win their first Stanley Cup.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 04:18:42 AM
Five years ago: Extreme-right parties gained in European Parliament elections, including the first seats won by the all-white British National Party. Roger Federer completed a career Grand Slam, winning his first French Open title by sweeping surprise finalist Robin Soderling 6-1, 7-6 (1), 6-4. The British musical "Billy Elliot" won 10 Tony Awards, including best musical and a unique best actor prize for the three young performers who shared the title character: David Alvarez, Trent Kowalik and Kiril Kulish. Pop vocalist, musician, songwriter Kenny Rankin died in Los Angeles at 69.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 04:19:29 AM
One year ago: President Barack Obama vigorously defended the government's just-disclosed collection of massive amounts of information from phone and Internet records as a necessary defense against terrorism, and assured Americans, "Nobody is listening to your telephone calls." President Obama opened a two-day summit with Chinese President Xi Jinping in Rancho Mirage, California. A gunman killed five people in Santa Monica, California, before police shot him to death. Former French Prime Minister Pierre Mauroy, 84, died in suburban Paris. Death row inmate Richard Ramirez, 53, the serial killer known as California's "Night Stalker," died in a hospital.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 04:20:28 AM
Today's Birthdays: Movie director James Ivory is 86. Former Canadian Prime Minister John Turner is 85. Actress Virginia McKenna is 83. Singer Tom Jones is 74. Poet Nikki Giovanni is 71. Actor Ken Osmond ("Leave It to Beaver") is 71. Former talk show host Jenny Jones is 68. Actress Anne Twomey is 63. Actor Liam Neeson is 62. Actress Colleen Camp is 61. Singer-songwriter Johnny Clegg is 61. Author Louise Erdrich (UR'-drihk) is 60. Actor William Forsythe is 59. Record producer L.A. Reid is 58. Latin pop singer Juan Luis Guerra is 57. Singer-songwriter Prince is 56. Rock singer-musician Gordon Gano (The Violent Femmes) is 51. Rapper Ecstasy (Whodini) is 50. Rock musician Eric Kretz (Stone Temple Pilots) is 48. Rock musician Dave Navarro is 47. Actress Helen Baxendale is 44. Actor Karl Urban is 42. TV personality Bear Grylls is 40. Rock musician Eric Johnson (The Shins) is 38. Actress Adrienne Frantz is 36. Actor-comedian Bill Hader is 36. Actress Anna Torv is 35. Actress Larisa Oleynik (oh-LAY'-nihk) is 33. Tennis player Anna Kournikova is 33. Actor Michael Cera is 26. Actress Shelley Buckner is 25.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 04:21:36 AM
Thought for Today: "The history of the world shows that when a mean thing was done, man did it; when a good thing was done, man did it." — Robert G. Ingersoll, American lawyer and statesman (1833-1899).
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 04:22:58 AM
Random Ideas
-------------------------

I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people. I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.
I changed my car horn to gunshot sounds. People move out of the way much faster now.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just looking at her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Gone are the days when girls used to cook like their mothers. Now they drink like their fathers.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
I don't like making plans for the day because then the word "premeditated" get's thrown around in the courtroom.
I didn't make it to the gym today. That makes five years in a row
I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim.
I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning
Dear paranoid people who check behind shower curtains for murderers; if you find one, what's your plan?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 05:14:21 AM
To start the day, gifted by Travelin Dave back in October.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 07, 2014, 06:03:06 AM
Morning Chip.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 06:17:10 AM
Morning Chip.
Good morning Dave
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 06:35:55 AM
Morning Chip.
Since we can have animated Gif's for avi's, there are a ton for you but I am having a hard time finding anything good that is LSU related.
http://photobucket.com/images/homer%20simpson%20gif?page=1
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 07, 2014, 06:48:47 AM
Morning Chip.
Since we can have animated Gif's for avi's, there are a ton for you but I am having a hard time finding anything good that is LSU related.
http://photobucket.com/images/homer%20simpson%20gif?page=1
Nice. Didn't even realize we could have that now, since I don't have them turned on. But I'm thinking Homer giving everyone the finger would get old after awhile. Haha.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 07, 2014, 07:02:07 AM
Morning LSU and Golfing Dave.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 07:06:35 AM
Morning LSU and Golfing Dave.
Good morning Native.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 07:07:45 AM
Morning LSU and Golfing Dave.
Today is the day to see if there will be another triple crown winner to add to the history books.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 07:11:27 AM
good morning brothers. MOW Ruination and coffee for breakfast here.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 07, 2014, 07:13:41 AM
Morning LSU and Golfing Dave.
Morning TexasDave, Dean.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 07:14:15 AM
Looks like Omar's finally back on the DDA.
OMAR ORTEZ HONDURAN MADURO TORPEDO
6.00 X 52
Dark Brown
Up for grabs is 10 boxes of the 6.00 inch by 52 ring gauge OMAR ORTEZ HONDURAN MADURO TORPEDO, packed in a unit of 60 with a starting bid of just $95.53.   10   $95.53
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 07:14:49 AM
good morning brothers. MOW Ruination and coffee for breakfast here.
Good morning Dean.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 07:19:00 AM
First time I have seen these offered at Famous, I remember someone here hitting a jam deal for them but I don't remember if they said they liked them or not.
Nirvana Cigars are the new hot item courtesy of Royal Gold, created with the help of Drew Estate, that is certainly turning heads. This bad boy is unlike anything either company has ever put out, using Nicaraguan tobaccos from Esteli and the Jalapa Valley for the filler, a Mexican San Andres Negra binder, and a sweet Cameroon wrapper. The result is an astoundingly complex cigar with traces of pepper, cedar, and more. This is one cigar you don't want to pass on. Experience Nirvana now! 5/32.98 is a little pricey!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 07, 2014, 07:19:22 AM
good morning brothers. MOW Ruination and coffee for breakfast here.
******* Morning DWG 3D Dean.  Sounds like you are off to a roaring start this morning that is a pretty heavy breakfast cigar.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 07:27:00 AM
good morning brothers. MOW Ruination and coffee for breakfast here.
******* Morning DWG 3D Dean.  Sounds like you are off to a roaring start this morning that is a pretty heavy breakfast cigar.

it is a good wake me up that's for sure.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 07:27:41 AM
Time for a short smoke since the warden is still snoring away.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 07:29:03 AM
good morning brothers. MOW Ruination and coffee for breakfast here.
******* Morning DWG 3D Dean.  Sounds like you are off to a roaring start this morning that is a pretty heavy breakfast cigar.

it is a good wake me up that's for sure.
I like something strong in the morning to start the day off myself.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 07, 2014, 07:32:47 AM
Time for a short smoke since the warden is still snoring away.
Good choice. Not one I'd make at 7:30 in the morning, but still a good choice.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 07, 2014, 07:33:45 AM
Time for a short smoke since the warden is still snoring away.
Good choice. Not one I'd make at 7:30 in the morning, but still a good choice.

+1
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 07:41:13 AM
good morning brothers. MOW Ruination and coffee for breakfast here.
******* Morning DWG 3D Dean.  Sounds like you are off to a roaring start this morning that is a pretty heavy breakfast cigar.

it is a good wake me up that's for sure.
I like something strong in the morning to start the day off myself.

I like the tabacco rush in the morning mostly.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 07:45:01 AM
anybody know who this Edmondfusa member from Poland is?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 07:47:59 AM
anybody know who this Edmondfusa member from Poland is?
I saw he had signed but did not post, I don't remember him from next door but he could be someone from the Facebook site.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 07:53:32 AM
Time to go start cutting some grass, enjoy your day guys.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 07, 2014, 07:59:48 AM
Time to go start cutting some grass, enjoy your day guys.
Later, Chip. Just so you know, I put the last bit of my first gallon of the year in the mower yesterday. Probably already the 5th or 6th time I've cut this year. :)
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 08:11:17 AM
Time to go start cutting some grass, enjoy your day guys.

well I'm going to try to do as little as possible today and work on my tan.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dogdays on June 07, 2014, 08:19:16 AM
Time to go start cutting some grass, enjoy your day guys.

well I'm going to try to do as little as possible today and work on my tan.
Good morning guy"s! .
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dogdays on June 07, 2014, 08:23:11 AM
Time to go start cutting some grass, enjoy your day guys.

well I'm going to try to do as little as possible today and work on my tan.
Good morning guy"s! .
1876 connie and black coffee
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 08:40:36 AM
Time to go start cutting some grass, enjoy your day guys.

well I'm going to try to do as little as possible today and work on my tan.
Good morning guy"s! .
1876 connie and black coffee
Hiya dd
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dogdays on June 07, 2014, 08:42:02 AM
Have a great day guy's , got to run . bbl :)
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dogdays on June 07, 2014, 08:43:05 AM
Time to go start cutting some grass, enjoy your day guys.

well I'm going to try to do as little as possible today and work on my tan.
Good morning guy"s! .
1876 connie and black coffee
Hiya dd
Good morning Fred ! .
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 08:48:51 AM
hey dd and Fred.
Title: AFoC drive-by post
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 07, 2014, 09:34:22 AM
Good morning to all.  Disregard that calendar tab there at the bottom, I was working on something.  Gotta run now, I've got simultaneous soccer games, luckily in the same location, followed by dance recitals today.  Hope all is well with you.
Title: Re: AFoC drive-by post
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 07, 2014, 09:45:57 AM
Good morning to all.  Disregard that calendar tab there at the bottom, I was working on something.  Gotta run now, I've got simultaneous soccer games, luckily in the same location, followed by dance recitals today.  Hope all is well with you.
Sounds like quite the day you have in store. Hi and bye.
Title: Re: AFoC drive-by post
Post by: Oyam18 on June 07, 2014, 09:52:54 AM
Good morning to all.  Disregard that calendar tab there at the bottom, I was working on something.  Gotta run now, I've got simultaneous soccer games, luckily in the same location, followed by dance recitals today.  Hope all is well with you.
remember it's flowers after recital not soccer and don't scream Goooooool after the dance.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 07, 2014, 09:57:17 AM
Good morning all.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 09:57:23 AM
hey dd and Fred.
time for a seegar
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 09:57:51 AM
it's taking it's sweet time here to warm up. still in the 50's. WTF.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: jswaykos on June 07, 2014, 10:01:06 AM
First time I have seen these offered at Famous, I remember someone here hitting a jam deal for them but I don't remember if they said they liked them or not.
Nirvana Cigars are the new hot item courtesy of Royal Gold, created with the help of Drew Estate, that is certainly turning heads. This bad boy is unlike anything either company has ever put out, using Nicaraguan tobaccos from Esteli and the Jalapa Valley for the filler, a Mexican San Andres Negra binder, and a sweet Cameroon wrapper. The result is an astoundingly complex cigar with traces of pepper, cedar, and more. This is one cigar you don't want to pass on. Experience Nirvana now! 5/32.98 is a little pricey!
I bought a fiver from CigarMonster a little while back. Smoked one, not sure how I felt about it. It was good, and it liked it as much as any other Cameroon wrapper cigar I've had, but I wasn't blown away.

Note that it was only a few days OTT when I had it and I smoked it with company so I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to it.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: jswaykos on June 07, 2014, 10:02:02 AM
And with that, I'm off.  Got more going on on the weekend than I do during the week. Have a good one, all.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 10:28:36 AM
[...]

Thanks Joe for the info, I think I can restrain myself now since there is a lot of competition at that price point.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 10:34:49 AM
First time I have seen these offered at Famous, I remember someone here hitting a jam deal for them but I don't remember if they said they liked them or not.
Nirvana Cigars are the new hot item courtesy of Royal Gold, created with the help of Drew Estate, that is certainly turning heads. This bad boy is unlike anything either company has ever put out, using Nicaraguan tobaccos from Esteli and the Jalapa Valley for the filler, a Mexican San Andres Negra binder, and a sweet Cameroon wrapper. The result is an astoundingly complex cigar with traces of pepper, cedar, and more. This is one cigar you don't want to pass on. Experience Nirvana now! 5/32.98 is a little pricey!
very strong cameroon flavor.  I'm still on the fence with these.
I bought a fiver from CigarMonster a little while back. Smoked one, not sure how I felt about it. It was good, and it liked it as much as any other Cameroon wrapper cigar I've had, but I wasn't blown away.

Note that it was only a few days OTT when I had it and I smoked it with company so I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to it.
Thanks Joe for the info, I think I can restrain myself now since there is a lot of competition at that price point.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 10:38:20 AM
LGC Rabito for the first smoke of the day.
Title: Re: AFoC drive-by post
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 07, 2014, 11:01:07 AM
Good morning to all.  Disregard that calendar tab there at the bottom, I was working on something.  Gotta run now, I've got simultaneous soccer games, luckily in the same location, followed by dance recitals today.  Hope all is well with you.
remember it's flowers after recital not soccer and don't scream Goooooool after the dance.
Good looking out.  We won both soccer games.  Woohoo!  Off to shower and get ready for next event.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 11:44:02 AM
Sheesh! :-\
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 11:45:03 AM
Indeed.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 11:45:37 AM
Entubar CRV Double Corona to on fire soon.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 11:54:55 AM
10 Illusione La Grande $61.39 at famous. Trying to find a reason not to buy.  Haven't tried them yet.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 12:11:26 PM
10 Illusione La Grande $61.39 at famous. Trying to find a reason not to buy.  Haven't tried them yet.

20 of them for $110, using dad40.  $5.50 a stick is about the best price I've seen for them.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 12:12:57 PM
10 Illusione La Grande $61.39 at famous. Trying to find a reason not to buy.  Haven't tried them yet.

20 of them for $110, using dad40.  $5.50 a stick is about the best price I've seen for them.
what's your opinion on them, Will?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 12:24:17 PM
10 Illusione La Grande $61.39 at famous. Trying to find a reason not to buy.  Haven't tried them yet.

20 of them for $110, using dad40.  $5.50 a stick is about the best price I've seen for them.
what's your opinion on them, Will?

The Epernay is worth the coin.  One of the two or three non-Cubans I'll actually pay $6+ for.

The Illusione line is a great example of how vitolas shape flavor profiles, imo.  Really expertly blended and they all appreciate rest.  Big difference between fresh, 6 months, 1 year, etc.  The Epernay extension follows suit.  I've had the 6x46, the sharp press 6.75x44 (42?), and the 6.5x56 torpedo.  All of them have excellent flavor profiles (though the sharp press has a few more burn issues).

As far as flavor profile goes:  complex.  Delicate and bold.  There is a definite Illusione "house" profile, though it really does depend on vitola.  Expect floral notes in all the lines, quality tobacco, and some spices/pepper, as it's Nicaraguan tobacco.  But it could be creamy coffee or strong espresso.  Or it could be creamy in the two thirds before going full throttle.

As far as the 6x46, its been a while.  I have about 10 of them I set down to for extended rest, just about 2 years old right now.  I'll break one out instead of the CRV.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 12:27:41 PM
10 Illusione La Grande $61.39 at famous. Trying to find a reason not to buy.  Haven't tried them yet.

20 of them for $110, using dad40.  $5.50 a stick is about the best price I've seen for them.
Bob, is it the Epernay Le Grand, or the Illusione Le Grande. Could you provide the link? Thanks.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 12:34:58 PM
Ken, its on Cigarmonster.

I added a Perdomo patriach corojo robusto to put me over $150.  It was like $147 and the domo single was like 4, so it worked out to $111.89 for 20 Le grandes and 1 Perdomo patriarch.

Not a bad order, imhfo.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 12:35:01 PM
10 Illusione La Grande $61.39 at famous. Trying to find a reason not to buy.  Haven't tried them yet.

20 of them for $110, using dad40.  $5.50 a stick is about the best price I've seen for them.
Bob, is it the Epernay Le Grand, or the Illusione Le Grande. Could you provide the link? Thanks.
Ken, they are mashing right now.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 12:39:44 PM
Ken, its on Cigarmonster.

I added a Perdomo patriach corojo robusto to put me over $150.  It was like $147 and the domo single was like 4, so it worked out to $111.89 for 20 Le grandes and 1 Perdomo patriarch.

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 12:41:07 PM
10 Illusione La Grande $61.39 at famous. Trying to find a reason not to buy.  Haven't tried them yet.

20 of them for $110, using dad40.  $5.50 a stick is about the best price I've seen for them.
Bob, is it the Epernay Le Grand, or the Illusione Le Grande. Could you provide the link? Thanks.
Ken, they are mashing right now.
Thanks, Bob & Will
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 12:41:37 PM
8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 07, 2014, 12:43:05 PM
8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Over 4 hours since the last post. Sheesh indeed!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 12:48:10 PM
8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Over 4 hours since the last post. Sheesh indeed!
Guys, I PMed Barry. He had no idea where everyone was! He mentioned how eerie it was logging in a few times, and nobody home! Also ran into JAC. He, too was wondering what happenned to us all! Said he will sign up this weekend.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 07, 2014, 12:53:12 PM
Good morning...  I had to stop lurking and chime in a little.  :)
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 07, 2014, 12:53:40 PM
8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Over 4 hours since the last post. Sheesh indeed!
Guys, I PMed Barry. He had no idea where everyone was! He mentioned how eerie it was logging in a few times, and nobody home! Also ran into JAC. He, too was wondering what happenned to us all! Said he will sign up this weekend.
Sheesh on me for not even realizing he wasn't here.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 12:55:31 PM
Bob;  This Epernay was from a July '12 buy.   I would upload pictures, but my phone doesn't have a low enough resolution to make it in under Tony's retardedly low 768kb limit.  So no photos until that changes.

Not the prettiest wrapper--some sheen, some seams, some veins.  Whatever, really.  Tastes fucking great.

Pre-light aroma is floral, woody, sweeter at the foot.  Cold draw is fairly muted.

Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 07, 2014, 12:58:03 PM
8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Over 4 hours since the last post. Sheesh indeed!
Guys, I PMed Barry. He had no idea where everyone was! He mentioned how eerie it was logging in a few times, and nobody home! Also ran into JAC. He, too was wondering what happenned to us all! Said he will sign up this weekend.
Ken, I'm glad your looking out for the other botl's....!!!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 07, 2014, 01:01:39 PM
8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Do you think CI knows were gone...?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 01:03:37 PM
8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Do you think CI knows were gone...?
BD, I tend to like GolfingDave's assessment: If they know, they don't care. Less work for them! Or something to that effect.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 07, 2014, 01:06:13 PM
8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Do you think CI knows were gone...?
BD, I tend to like GolfingDave's assessment: If they know, they don't care. Less work for them! Or something to that effect.
Exactly.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 07, 2014, 01:16:33 PM
8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Do you think CI knows were gone...?
BD, I tend to like GolfingDave's assessment: If they know, they don't care. Less work for them! Or something to that effect.
Have some of the guys changed their name on here vs CI's banter...?  I keep thinking I recognize the .avi's, but not the users names.  Such as, "Traveling Dave.., and 3d...?"
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 01:18:02 PM
8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Do you think CI knows were gone...?
BD, I tend to like GolfingDave's assessment: If they know, they don't care. Less work for them! Or something to that effect.
I remember reading that steveR said that banter was the #1 portal into they're site. They'll keep it open for that reason.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 01:18:13 PM
Bob;  This Epernay was from a July '12 buy.   I would upload pictures, but my phone doesn't have a low enough resolution to make it in under Tony's retardedly low 768kb limit.  So no photos until that changes.

Not the prettiest wrapper--some sheen, some seams, some veins.  Whatever, really.  Tastes fucking great.

Pre-light aroma is floral, woody, sweeter at the foot.  Cold draw is fairly muted.

Aroma is woody and floral.

Opening flavors are very clean, delicate, and mild.  The extra year since I last tried it has certainly  calmed it down some.  Creamy tobacco, touch of mocha hint of wood, floral notes, dash of pepper.  Retro brings some more dry wood and floral notes.  Plenty of smoke production, just a perfect draw.

Just a few puffs in and the flavors are getting heavier--touch more pepper, slightly sweeter/fully creamy notes, stronger floral notes, strong lingering finish already, reminds me of caramel and coffee.  By the half inch mark it's already got a strong/bold coffee core, the woody accents and spices tingling the tongue.

Floral notes aren't as strong in the 2 year old Le Grande as they were in the 1 year old Le Matin I had the other day (or compared to the R, overall).  Yet, at least.  That could very well change.

By the 1 inch mark, it's like I'm smoking a coffee with cream and maybe a hint of caramel.  Not that I'd ever actually order coffee like that.  Cedar accents and some peppery notes here and there, floral notes are fleeting.  Medium bodied, med-full flavors, but very distinct and strong tasting (if not palate battering).

Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 01:20:15 PM
Ken, its on Cigarmonster.

I added a Perdomo patriach corojo robusto to put me over $150.  It was like $147 and the domo single was like 4, so it worked out to $111.89 for 20 Le grandes and 1 Perdomo patriarch.

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left
use "catsrule" to get 17% 0ff.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 01:22:29 PM
8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Do you think CI knows were gone...?
BD, I tend to like GolfingDave's assessment: If they know, they don't care. Less work for them! Or something to that effect.
Have some of the guys changed their name on here vs CI's banter...?  I keep thinking I recognize the .avi's, but not the users names.  Such as, "Traveling Dave.., and 3d...?"
Traveling Dave=NJDave, 3d=dwbryant, Johnny=JR in Lakehills I'll see if there are anymore, BD
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 01:23:32 PM
Ken, its on Cigarmonster.

I added a Perdomo patriach corojo robusto to put me over $150.  It was like $147 and the domo single was like 4, so it worked out to $111.89 for 20 Le grandes and 1 Perdomo patriarch.

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left
use "catsrule" to get %17 0ff.

Unless you want to add some Nirvanas and CyBs and whatnot to get to 150 and save 40, which is better than 17% off.  Think of the money you'll make.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 07, 2014, 01:25:06 PM
8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Do you think CI knows were gone...?
BD, I tend to like GolfingDave's assessment: If they know, they don't care. Less work for them! Or something to that effect.
I remember reading that steveR said that banter was the #1 portal into they're site. They'll keep it open for that reason.
I wonder if it was #1 because of me logging in 20 times a day to see what the guys were talking about..?  :)
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 01:27:18 PM
Ken, its on Cigarmonster.

I added a Perdomo patriach corojo robusto to put me over $150.  It was like $147 and the domo single was like 4, so it worked out to $111.89 for 20 Le grandes and 1 Perdomo patriarch.

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left
use "catsrule" to get %17 0ff.

Unless you want to add some Nirvanas and CyBs and whatnot to get to 150 and save 40, which is better than 17% off.  Think of the money you'll make.
LOL, I'll take the 17% and keep the other $50 in my wallet!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 07, 2014, 01:28:31 PM
8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Do you think CI knows were gone...?
BD, I tend to like GolfingDave's assessment: If they know, they don't care. Less work for them! Or something to that effect.
Have some of the guys changed their name on here vs CI's banter...?  I keep thinking I recognize the .avi's, but not the users names.  Such as, "Traveling Dave.., and 3d...?"
Traveling Dave=NJDave, 3d=dwbryant, Johnny=JR in Lakehills I'll see if there are anymore, BD
Thanks... It's actually pretty hard for me to keep up with little things like that. Except for Johnny, I never noticed it changing from JR to Johnny... For some reason I always knew it was him.. haha
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 01:30:28 PM
8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Do you think CI knows were gone...?
BD, I tend to like GolfingDave's assessment: If they know, they don't care. Less work for them! Or something to that effect.
Have some of the guys changed their name on here vs CI's banter...?  I keep thinking I recognize the .avi's, but not the users names.  Such as, "Traveling Dave.., and 3d...?"
Traveling Dave=NJDave, 3d=dwbryant, Johnny=JR in Lakehills I'll see if there are anymore, BD
Thanks... It's actually pretty hard for me to keep up with little things like that. Except for Johnny, I never noticed it changing from JR to Johnny... For some reason I always knew it was him.. haha
I was wondering who the fuck 3d was!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 01:30:59 PM
[...]

And there come some stronger peppery notes, followed by a stronger showing for the floral notes.  Some of the sweetness falls away (though it lingers on the finish) and its getting less creamy, replaced with a bold roasted coffee core.  Then some stronger cedar shows up and again back to the bold coffee being center stage and then a growing woody/spiciness with the coffee at about equal parts and so on and so forth it goes, never quite settling on something and becoming at all boring.

In general working its way heavier and fuller as it goes.  The start of the middle third is VERY far away from the opening few puffs.  Perfect draw, even burn, plenty of smoke when I puff.  Not liga levels, though.

So far I've been pairing with nothing, so as to not influence flavor at all.  Think I'll start with a french roast now, so there's that.  But I think  I've made my opinion on the epernay clear.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 01:32:21 PM
Ken, its on Cigarmonster.

I added a Perdomo patriach corojo robusto to put me over $150.  It was like $147 and the domo single was like 4, so it worked out to $111.89 for 20 Le grandes and 1 Perdomo patriarch.

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left
use "catsrule" to get %17 0ff.

Unless you want to add some Nirvanas and CyBs and whatnot to get to 150 and save 40, which is better than 17% off.  Think of the money you'll make.
LOL, I'll take the 17% and keep the other $50 in my wallet!

If only 2 were available, yeah, I probably would have passed.  But since I could get 20, I did.  Worth it, imo.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: ImNotBlackImMaduro on June 07, 2014, 01:32:25 PM
Had an AB tempus that would not Fucking burn straight no matter how hard I tried. Loved the flavor do much, though. What a shame.  Morning guys. Happy Saturday.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 01:34:35 PM
Ken, its on Cigarmonster.

I added a Perdomo patriach corojo robusto to put me over $150.  It was like $147 and the domo single was like 4, so it worked out to $111.89 for 20 Le grandes and 1 Perdomo patriarch.

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left
use "catsrule" to get %17 0ff.

Unless you want to add some Nirvanas and CyBs and whatnot to get to 150 and save 40, which is better than 17% off.  Think of the money you'll make.
LOL, I'll take the 17% and keep the other $50 in my wallet!

If only 2 were available, yeah, I probably would have passed.  But since I could get 20, I did.  Worth it, imo.
I'm just a poor mutherfucker!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 07, 2014, 01:35:47 PM
8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Do you think CI knows were gone...?
BD, I tend to like GolfingDave's assessment: If they know, they don't care. Less work for them! Or something to that effect.
Have some of the guys changed their name on here vs CI's banter...?  I keep thinking I recognize the .avi's, but not the users names.  Such as, "Traveling Dave.., and 3d...?"
Traveling Dave=NJDave, 3d=dwbryant, Johnny=JR in Lakehills I'll see if there are anymore, BD
Thanks... It's actually pretty hard for me to keep up with little things like that. Except for Johnny, I never noticed it changing from JR to Johnny... For some reason I always knew it was him.. haha
I was wondering who the fuck 3d was!
Me too.. I was really pissed off too thinking, "that fricking 3d troll stole Deans .avi's again...!!!"
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 07, 2014, 01:39:28 PM
Had an AB tempus that would not Fucking burn straight no matter how hard I tried. Loved the flavor do much, though. What a shame.  Morning guys. Happy Saturday.
I've had 3 cigars in a roll that haven't stayed lit...!  I'm not sure if my humidity is a little to high in my humidor, or if I'm setting them down after lighting them and forgetting to smoke them..?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 01:45:13 PM
Ken, its on Cigarmonster.

I added a Perdomo patriach corojo robusto to put me over $150.  It was like $147 and the domo single was like 4, so it worked out to $111.89 for 20 Le grandes and 1 Perdomo patriarch.

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left
use "catsrule" to get %17 0ff.

Unless you want to add some Nirvanas and CyBs and whatnot to get to 150 and save 40, which is better than 17% off.  Think of the money you'll make.
LOL, I'll take the 17% and keep the other $50 in my wallet!

If only 2 were available, yeah, I probably would have passed.  But since I could get 20, I did.  Worth it, imo.
I'm just a poor mutherfucker!

I am, too.  Just picking and choosing my cigar deals very carefully.  $5.50 Epernays are about as good as you'll find, even counting the little 4x44 vitola.  So might as well grab "a box."  Not like they go bad or are likely to get cheaper.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 01:48:46 PM
[...]

"Not like they go bad or are likely to get cheaper". That is very sound reasoning.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 07, 2014, 01:50:50 PM
Ken, its on Cigarmonster.

I added a Perdomo patriach corojo robusto to put me over $150.  It was like $147 and the domo single was like 4, so it worked out to $111.89 for 20 Le grandes and 1 Perdomo patriarch.

Not a bad order, imhfo.
2 left
use "catsrule" to get %17 0ff.

Unless you want to add some Nirvanas and CyBs and whatnot to get to 150 and save 40, which is better than 17% off.  Think of the money you'll make.
LOL, I'll take the 17% and keep the other $50 in my wallet!

If only 2 were available, yeah, I probably would have passed.  But since I could get 20, I did.  Worth it, imo.
I'm just a poor mutherfucker!
Tell me about it...!!!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 07, 2014, 01:54:17 PM
[...]

What's Joe say...?  "Ya can't save money if you don't spend it..."
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 07, 2014, 01:57:02 PM
[...]

If I tried to keep up my spending with Joe, I'd be even poorer than I am now!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 01:57:08 PM
[...]

A young guy at work was telling me how he had just put in a $150 order with CI. Did you use the 20% off code and get the free gift, I asked? Ha...What? he didn't have a clue. CI must love customers like him!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: ImNotBlackImMaduro on June 07, 2014, 01:57:42 PM
Had an AB tempus that would not Fucking burn straight no matter how hard I tried. Loved the flavor do much, though. What a shame.  Morning guys. Happy Saturday.
I've had 3 cigars in a roll that haven't stayed lit...!  I'm not sure if my humidity is a little to high in my humidor, or if I'm setting them down after lighting them and forgetting to smoke them..?
I feel for you, that used to happen to me very often when I was using seperate wood humidors.   It would seeem that one would always be off depending on the season.  I dont think it's my humidor, it's just these ab tempuses.  Most ABs that Ive had have had shifty burns. I think I'm done with that company. Shame since they still taste good.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 01:59:03 PM
This Le Grande continues to be excellent.  I think I described the flavors initially as "tastes fucking great" and that still applies.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: ImNotBlackImMaduro on June 07, 2014, 01:59:26 PM
[...]

just like my dad who would buy from famous without using coupons....
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 02:02:09 PM
This Le Grande continues to be excellent.  I think I described the flavors initially as "tastes fucking great" and that still applies.
Thanks for the review, Will. now I'm off to work.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 07, 2014, 02:02:16 PM
[...]

Talk about a target market!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 07, 2014, 02:12:59 PM
This Le Grande continues to be excellent.  I think I described the flavors initially as "tastes fucking great" and that still applies.
Sounds wonderful.  Your making me want to go humi-diving, which I may do shortly.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 02:15:22 PM
This Le Grande continues to be excellent.  I think I described the flavors initially as "tastes fucking great" and that still applies.
Thanks for the review, Will. now I'm off to work.

Into the final third:  lots of the same mix, lingering sweetness on bold coffee, wood/pepper/floral notes.  Added some dark chocolate along the way.  Floral notes are finally becoming more prominent, in line with where they are with the Le Matin.

Ash is flowering a little now.  First construction "issue."

I'd say that they're not going to improve anymore with additional age.  Probably stopped gaining much after 9-12 months.  Not that it is any worse with 2 years.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 02:19:17 PM
Oh, and I tend to avoid flavor descriptors related to wine because I'm not a big wine drinker and can't do it justice.  But I know Dion is a big wine guy and he blends most of his cigars with that in mind and it shows.

The Epernays are supposed to be champagne seegars, and Craig has recommended the pairing to me.  I imagine it would work, or a good red, but yeah.  Not my forte.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 02:20:52 PM
8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Do you think CI knows were gone...?
BD, I tend to like GolfingDave's assessment: If they know, they don't care. Less work for them! Or something to that effect.
Have some of the guys changed their name on here vs CI's banter...?  I keep thinking I recognize the .avi's, but not the users names.  Such as, "Traveling Dave.., and 3d...?"
Traveling Dave=NJDave, 3d=dwbryant, Johnny=JR in Lakehills I'll see if there are anymore, BD
Thanks... It's actually pretty hard for me to keep up with little things like that. Except for Johnny, I never noticed it changing from JR to Johnny... For some reason I always knew it was him.. haha
I was wondering who the fuck 3d was!

I apologise for that confusion. thought 3d was more fitting handle, 'deadbeats, drama, and downer.'
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 07, 2014, 02:22:17 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 02:24:34 PM
took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 02:28:51 PM
Hazzuh!
Bye, Dave! have a Great weekend!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 07, 2014, 02:29:24 PM
took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.
Howdy Dean, getting hungry here too.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 07, 2014, 02:31:54 PM
Hazzuh!
Bye, Dave! have a Great weekend!
Howdy Ken.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 07, 2014, 02:32:17 PM
8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Do you think CI knows were gone...?
BD, I tend to like GolfingDave's assessment: If they know, they don't care. Less work for them! Or something to that effect.
Have some of the guys changed their name on here vs CI's banter...?  I keep thinking I recognize the .avi's, but not the users names.  Such as, "Traveling Dave.., and 3d...?"
Traveling Dave=NJDave, 3d=dwbryant, Johnny=JR in Lakehills I'll see if there are anymore, BD
Thanks... It's actually pretty hard for me to keep up with little things like that. Except for Johnny, I never noticed it changing from JR to Johnny... For some reason I always knew it was him.. haha
I was wondering who the fuck 3d was!

I apologise for that confusion. thought 3d was more fitting handle, 'deadbeats, drama, and downer.'
That's ok.... I'm just trying to match everyone up with the old banter so I can keep up.. :)
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 02:32:27 PM
Nub notes:  dark chocolate, cedar, dark fruits (that remind me of red wine, which is what brought about that previous post).  A little pepper.

Pretty full now, definitely full flavored, but still not a palate battering type smoke.  Delicate but bold, as I said earlier.  Overall a mild-full smoke that can be had as a first of the day but strong enough to be after dinner.  It would be a shame to smoke it right after something else, though the core flavors would be strong enough to cut through most non-full/full type smokes.

11/10.   Tastes like a cigar.

Edit:  Burn time for a 6x46 was very good, too.  Not quite done with it and I started around 12:50, so that's 1h40 so far.  Figure puffing will go even slower now, so another ~15-20 minutes, but that'll be for another 3/4 of an inch or so, fwiw.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 07, 2014, 02:34:49 PM
[...]

Howdy BD.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 07, 2014, 02:37:09 PM
[...]

How ya doing Jr....?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 02:38:19 PM
Afternoon, JR. What is burning?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 02:39:49 PM
took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.
Howdy Dean, getting hungry here too.

got some bacon on the grill and a tomatoe slices. that should make a couple of nice sandwiches.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 02:41:49 PM
Howdy, Johnny!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 07, 2014, 02:42:38 PM
took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.
Howdy Dean, getting hungry here too.

got some bacon on the grill and a tomatoe slices. that should make a couple of nice sandwiches.
Why ruin perfectly good bacon with tomatos? YUUUK
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 07, 2014, 02:43:46 PM
Howdy, Johnny!
Beautiful Jugs there ken!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on June 07, 2014, 02:53:11 PM
I'm going to take a break. Maybe find a cigar, a cold beer, and an Saturday afternoon western to watch. bbl.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 02:54:56 PM
took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.
Howdy Dean, getting hungry here too.

got some bacon on the grill and a tomatoe slices. that should make a couple of nice sandwiches.
Why ruin perfectly good bacon with tomatos? YUUUK

probably because I like the two together. ha.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 07, 2014, 02:56:36 PM
I'm going to take a break. Maybe find a cigar, a cold beer, and an Saturday afternoon western to watch. bbl.
Later BD, I'm going swimming soon myself.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 07, 2014, 02:57:58 PM
took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.
Howdy Dean, getting hungry here too.
Oh well, enjoy anyway!

got some bacon on the grill and a tomatoe slices. that should make a couple of nice sandwiches.
Why ruin perfectly good bacon with tomatos? YUUUK

probably because I like the two together. ha.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on June 07, 2014, 03:08:53 PM
Just lurkin'…  Had a case of the blahs lately and oh, and the joys of home ownership.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 07, 2014, 03:10:06 PM
Just lurkin'…  Had a case of the blahs lately and oh, and the joys of home ownership.
Howdy Mike, good to see ya on!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 07, 2014, 03:10:12 PM
took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.
Howdy Dean, getting hungry here too.

got some bacon on the grill and a tomatoe slices. that should make a couple of nice sandwiches.
Why ruin perfectly good bacon with tomatos? YUUUK

Amen, +1 on the ruin good bacon
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 03:10:48 PM
Just lurkin'…  Had a case of the blahs lately and oh, and the joys of home ownership.
CB! I know what you mean about the Blah's. I had to do all kids of medical tests, and the outcome was good, but why do I feel so weak? Oh, well I'm just restin'..
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 07, 2014, 03:15:14 PM
8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Do you think CI knows were gone...?
BD, I tend to like GolfingDave's assessment: If they know, they don't care. Less work for them! Or something to that effect.
Have some of the guys changed their name on here vs CI's banter...?  I keep thinking I recognize the .avi's, but not the users names.  Such as, "Traveling Dave.., and 3d...?"
Traveling Dave=NJDave, 3d=dwbryant, Johnny=JR in Lakehills I'll see if there are anymore, BD
Thanks... It's actually pretty hard for me to keep up with little things like that. Except for Johnny, I never noticed it changing from JR to Johnny... For some reason I always knew it was him.. haha
I was wondering who the fuck 3d was!

I apologise for that confusion. thought 3d was more fitting handle, 'deadbeats, drama, and downer.'

Native 53 is now Texas Redfish
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 07, 2014, 03:17:02 PM
took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.
Howdy Dean, getting hungry here too.
Howdy Dave, glad I'm not the only one who hates veggies.

got some bacon on the grill and a tomatoe slices. that should make a couple of nice sandwiches.
Why ruin perfectly good bacon with tomatos? YUUUK

Amen, +1 on the ruin good bacon
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 03:17:45 PM
8 1/2 hours on 1 page over at the other place. Sheesh!
Do you think CI knows were gone...?
BD, I tend to like GolfingDave's assessment: If they know, they don't care. Less work for them! Or something to that effect.
Have some of the guys changed their name on here vs CI's banter...?  I keep thinking I recognize the .avi's, but not the users names.  Such as, "Traveling Dave.., and 3d...?"
Traveling Dave=NJDave, 3d=dwbryant, Johnny=JR in Lakehills I'll see if there are anymore, BD
Thanks... It's actually pretty hard for me to keep up with little things like that. Except for Johnny, I never noticed it changing from JR to Johnny... For some reason I always knew it was him.. haha
I was wondering who the fuck 3d was!

I apologise for that confusion. thought 3d was more fitting handle, 'deadbeats, drama, and downer.'

Native 53 is now Texas Redfish
Yes, I knew there was one more!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 07, 2014, 03:18:57 PM
took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.
Howdy Dean, getting hungry here too.
Howdy Dave, glad I'm not the only one who hates veggies.

got some bacon on the grill and a tomatoe slices. that should make a couple of nice sandwiches.
Why ruin perfectly good bacon with tomatos? YUUUK

Amen, +1 on the ruin good bacon
That fucked up that my replies keep going to the middle of the last post!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 03:19:16 PM
took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.
Howdy Dean, getting hungry here too.

got some bacon on the grill and a tomatoe slices. that should make a couple of nice sandwiches.
Why ruin perfectly good bacon with tomatos? YUUUK

probably because I like the two together. ha.

....... and they were quick, simple, and tasty
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 03:23:35 PM
took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.
Howdy Dean, getting hungry here too.
Howdy Dave, glad I'm not the only one who hates veggies.

got some bacon on the grill and a tomatoe slices. that should make a couple of nice sandwiches.
Why ruin perfectly good bacon with tomatos? YUUUK

Amen, +1 on the ruin good bacon
That fucked up that my replies keep going to the middle of the last post!
Johnny, on a long thread, you may have to scroll down to the bottom. It may come up at the middle of a longer thread.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 07, 2014, 03:25:55 PM
took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.
Howdy Dean, getting hungry here too.
Howdy Dave, glad I'm not the only one who hates veggies.

got some bacon on the grill and a tomatoe slices. that should make a couple of nice sandwiches.
Why ruin perfectly good bacon with tomatos? YUUUK

Amen, +1 on the ruin good bacon
That fucked up that my replies keep going to the middle of the last post!
Johnny, on a long thread, you may have to scroll down to the bottom. It may come up at the middle of a longer thread.
Thanks Ken, I'll watch for that.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 03:28:09 PM
took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.
Howdy Dean, getting hungry here too.
Howdy Dave, glad I'm not the only one who hates veggies.

got some bacon on the grill and a tomatoe slices. that should make a couple of nice sandwiches.
Why ruin perfectly good bacon with tomatos? YUUUK

Amen, +1 on the ruin good bacon
That fucked up that my replies keep going to the middle of the last post!
Johnny, on a long thread, you may have to scroll down to the bottom. It may come up at the middle of a longer thread.
Thanks Ken, I'll watch for that.

Not a big fan of most veggies.  But hot peppers, onions, and potatoes get a pass.  They get used in enough good things that they get a pass.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 03:29:02 PM
took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.
Howdy Dean, getting hungry here too.
Howdy Dave, glad I'm not the only one who hates veggies.

got some bacon on the grill and a tomatoe slices. that should make a couple of nice sandwiches.
Why ruin perfectly good bacon with tomatos? YUUUK

Amen, +1 on the ruin good bacon
That fucked up that my replies keep going to the middle of the last post!
Johnny, on a long thread, you may have to scroll down to the bottom. It may come up at the middle of a longer thread.

quite the learning curve on here compared to what I was use to.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 03:35:15 PM
took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.
Howdy Dean, getting hungry here too.
Howdy Dave, glad I'm not the only one who hates veggies.

got some bacon on the grill and a tomatoe slices. that should make a couple of nice sandwiches.
Why ruin perfectly good bacon with tomatos? YUUUK

Amen, +1 on the ruin good bacon
That fucked up that my replies keep going to the middle of the last post!
Johnny, on a long thread, you may have to scroll down to the bottom. It may come up at the middle of a longer thread.

quite the learning curve on here compared to what I was use to.
Dean, you and your AVI seem to be learning quite well.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 03:37:49 PM
took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.
Howdy Dean, getting hungry here too.
Howdy Dave, glad I'm not the only one who hates veggies.

got some bacon on the grill and a tomatoe slices. that should make a couple of nice sandwiches.
Why ruin perfectly good bacon with tomatos? YUUUK

Amen, +1 on the ruin good bacon
That fucked up that my replies keep going to the middle of the last post!
Johnny, on a long thread, you may have to scroll down to the bottom. It may come up at the middle of a longer thread.

quite the learning curve on here compared to what I was use to.
Dean, you and your AVI seem to be learning quite well.

Chip's fault. lol.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 03:44:07 PM
Just lurkin'…  Had a case of the blahs lately and oh, and the joys of home ownership.
Hey Mikey, wus up?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 07, 2014, 03:44:16 PM
took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.
Howdy Dean, getting hungry here too.
Howdy Dave, glad I'm not the only one who hates veggies.

got some bacon on the grill and a tomatoe slices. that should make a couple of nice sandwiches.
Why ruin perfectly good bacon with tomatos? YUUUK

Amen, +1 on the ruin good bacon
That fucked up that my replies keep going to the middle of the last post!
Johnny, on a long thread, you may have to scroll down to the bottom. It may come up at the middle of a longer thread.

quite the learning curve on here compared to what I was use to.
Dean, you and your AVI seem to be learning quite well.

Chip's fault. lol.
Last time I looked he was still churning away back home.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 07, 2014, 03:47:39 PM
Just lurkin'…  Had a case of the blahs lately and oh, and the joys of home ownership.
Hey Mikey, wus up?
Yep, made that one post and disappeared again, Howdy Bob.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 07, 2014, 03:53:26 PM
took in a meeting in Sodus up north. needed it. enjoyed a Partagas Red on the way, very good smoke, and an Oval Maduro on the way back. ready for a Red Lion Maduro now, and think about lunch.
Howdy Dean, getting hungry here too.
Howdy Dave, glad I'm not the only one who hates veggies.

got some bacon on the grill and a tomatoe slices. that should make a couple of nice sandwiches.
Why ruin perfectly good bacon with tomatos? YUUUK

Amen, +1 on the ruin good bacon
That fucked up that my replies keep going to the middle of the last post!
Johnny, on a long thread, you may have to scroll down to the bottom. It may come up at the middle of a longer thread.
Thanks Ken, I'll watch for that.

Not a big fan of most veggies.  But hot peppers, onions, and potatoes get a pass.  They get used in enough good things that they get a pass.
Absolutely Will, peppers,onions and potatoes can't be over used, my buddy has a nice crop of Thai chilies coming in soon love those.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 03:54:05 PM
Just lurkin'…  Had a case of the blahs lately and oh, and the joys of home ownership.
Hey Mikey, wus up?
Yep, made that one post and disappeared again, Howdy Bob.

...... and he's not PWing at CI either.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 03:55:45 PM
[...]

about the only thing I won't eat is tofu.
....... and goat again.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 03:56:42 PM
Just lurkin'…  Had a case of the blahs lately and oh, and the joys of home ownership.
Hey Mikey, wus up?
Yep, made that one post and disappeared again, Howdy Bob.
baby steps
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 07, 2014, 03:56:56 PM
Just lurkin'…  Had a case of the blahs lately and oh, and the joys of home ownership.
Hey Mikey, wus up?
Yep, made that one post and disappeared again, Howdy Bob.

...... and he's not PWing at CI either.
I think that was his only post since the move to here.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 07, 2014, 03:59:13 PM
[...]

Dean, I'm with you on the no tofu but Cabrito is one of the staple foods in Texas.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 07, 2014, 04:10:03 PM
Think I'll go get in the pool, it is Saturday after all. Back later this evening.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 04:12:24 PM
about the only thing I won't eat is tofu.
....... and goat again.
Dean, I'm with you on the no tofu but Cabrito is one of the staple foods in Texas.

being Italian, growing up as a kid my grandmother use to fix it at Easter. I tried roasting it once but it didn't turn out so well. maybe if I had referred to a cookbook it might have been better. but what the hell did I know?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 04:13:29 PM
Think I'll go get in the pool, it is Saturday after all. Back later this evening.

enjoy Johnny.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 04:15:44 PM
Pretty good deal, here-
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/specials/weekend-spotlight/
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 04:20:28 PM
Pretty good deal, here-
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/specials/weekend-spotlight/

indeed. thanks Ken.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 04:30:36 PM
Pretty good deal, here-
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/specials/weekend-spotlight/

indeed. thanks Ken.
DPG Black-
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 04:35:00 PM
Pretty good deal, here-
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/specials/weekend-spotlight/

indeed. thanks Ken.
DPG Black-
the 20% works, but what is the latest free shipping code?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 07, 2014, 04:37:35 PM
[...]

+1 no tofu luv some TX Cabrito - has to be young goat not old goat like most of us.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 05:10:57 PM
Just lurkin'…  Had a case of the blahs lately and oh, and the joys of home ownership.
Hey Mikey, wus up?
Yep, made that one post and disappeared again, Howdy Bob.

...... and he's not PWing at CI either.
i keep checking back there just in case someone shows up and wonders what happened to us all.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 05:16:13 PM
Chip, do you know the CI free ship code????
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 07, 2014, 05:20:25 PM
Afternoon gentlemen.  Getting ready to head to the airport for the long ride home....and a little time travel.....arrive in LA an hour before I left, just wish it would feel that way.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 07, 2014, 05:22:37 PM
Afternoon gentlemen.  Getting ready to head to the airport for the long ride home....and a little time travel.....arrive in LA an hour before I left, just wish it would feel that way.
i hope your Avi is on your ride home.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on June 07, 2014, 05:23:12 PM
Ken I was trying to call you......ill send a PM.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 07, 2014, 05:24:40 PM
Afternoon gentlemen.  Getting ready to head to the airport for the long ride home....and a little time travel.....arrive in LA an hour before I left, just wish it would feel that way.

Long ride for sure!  Have a smooth trip home.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 05:48:45 PM
Afternoon gentlemen.  Getting ready to head to the airport for the long ride home....and a little time travel.....arrive in LA an hour before I left, just wish it would feel that way.

Long ride for sure!  Have a smooth trip home.
good one TXDave  :)
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 07, 2014, 05:58:29 PM
Afternoon gentlemen.  Getting ready to head to the airport for the long ride home....and a little time travel.....arrive in LA an hour before I left, just wish it would feel that way.

Long ride for sure!  Have a smooth trip home.
good one TXDave  :)

And I am living the smile!  2 hours cleaning pool filters and associated maintenance completed now kicked back on the patio with a 60RG DPG and a cold LA 31 Biere Pale from down your way waiting for the Belmont to start at 5:50.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 06:00:17 PM
Afternoon gentlemen.  Getting ready to head to the airport for the long ride home....and a little time travel.....arrive in LA an hour before I left, just wish it would feel that way.

Long ride for sure!  Have a smooth trip home.
good one TXDave  :)

And I am living the smile!  2 hours cleaning pool filters and associated maintenance completed now kicked back on the patio with a 60RG DPG and a cold LA 31 Biere Pale from down your way waiting for the Belmont to start at 5:50.
TXDave, I did pick some up earlier in the week due to you talking them up. Pretty good too. This is what I'm drinking now
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 07, 2014, 06:04:32 PM
Afternoon gentlemen.  Getting ready to head to the airport for the long ride home....and a little time travel.....arrive in LA an hour before I left, just wish it would feel that way.

Long ride for sure!  Have a smooth trip home.
good one TXDave  :)

And I am living the smile!  2 hours cleaning pool filters and associated maintenance completed now kicked back on the patio with a 60RG DPG and a cold LA 31 Biere Pale from down your way waiting for the Belmont to start at 5:50.
TXDave, I did pick some up earlier in the week due to you talking them up. Pretty good too. This is what I'm drinking now

Never tried the Rangers but see them at the store here.   Have you tried Southern Pecan?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dogdays on June 07, 2014, 06:08:38 PM
Good evening to All ! .
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 07, 2014, 06:10:42 PM
Good evening to All ! .

Evening Dog.  When I lived up at theLake of the Ozarks there was a good bar up there on the water called Dog Days with a sister place called Wobbly Boots.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 06:11:24 PM
Afternoon gentlemen.  Getting ready to head to the airport for the long ride home....and a little time travel.....arrive in LA an hour before I left, just wish it would feel that way.

Long ride for sure!  Have a smooth trip home.
good one TXDave  :)

And I am living the smile!  2 hours cleaning pool filters and associated maintenance completed now kicked back on the patio with a 60RG DPG and a cold LA 31 Biere Pale from down your way waiting for the Belmont to start at 5:50.
TXDave, I did pick some up earlier in the week due to you talking them up. Pretty good too. This is what I'm drinking now

Never tried the Rangers but see them at the store here.   Have you tried Southern Pecan?
I have not tried the Southern Pecan. The Ranger is very citrus flavored. High ABV, but very good.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 06:11:43 PM
Good evening to All ! .
hey, DD!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dogdays on June 07, 2014, 06:16:06 PM
Good evening to All ! .

Evening Dog.  When I lived up at theLake of the Ozarks there was a good bar up there on the water called Dog Days with a sister place called Wobbly Boots.
Sounds like my kind of place . hey Ken how are you ?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 07, 2014, 06:16:32 PM
Afternoon gentlemen.  Getting ready to head to the airport for the long ride home....and a little time travel.....arrive in LA an hour before I left, just wish it would feel that way.

Long ride for sure!  Have a smooth trip home.
good one TXDave  :)

And I am living the smile!  2 hours cleaning pool filters and associated maintenance completed now kicked back on the patio with a 60RG DPG and a cold LA 31 Biere Pale from down your way waiting for the Belmont to start at 5:50.
TXDave, I did pick some up earlier in the week due to you talking them up. Pretty good too. This is what I'm drinking now

Never tried the Rangers but see them at the store here.   Have you tried Southern Pecan?
I have not tried the Southern Pecan. The Ranger is very citrus flavored. High ABV, but very good.

If you like Citrusy the new Sam Adams Summer Ale is great according to the Warden but I am not a citrus beer guy at all.  Southern Pecan really has a nice pecan hint to it.  One of my absolute favorites.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dogdays on June 07, 2014, 06:21:33 PM
Good evening to All ! .

Evening Dog.  When I lived up at theLake of the Ozarks there was a good bar up there on the water called Dog Days with a sister place called Wobbly Boots.
Sounds like my kind of place . hey Ken how are you ?
Texas redfish , is your name Dave ? and what part of tx are you in ? .
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on June 07, 2014, 06:23:10 PM
Chip, do you know the CI free ship code????
Sorry I got grabbed again for mower repair duty, sorry I don't have a working code.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 07, 2014, 06:31:24 PM
Good evening to All ! .

Evening Dog.  When I lived up at theLake of the Ozarks there was a good bar up there on the water called Dog Days with a sister place called Wobbly Boots.
Sounds like my kind of place . hey Ken how are you ?
Texas redfish , is your name Dave ? and what part of tx are you in ? .

Dave it is and Austin area.  I just saw you were in Houston.  I get down there on business occasionally we need to meet up sometime.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dogdays on June 07, 2014, 06:35:09 PM
Chip, do you know the CI free ship code????
Sorry I got grabbed again for mower repair duty, sorry I don't have a working code.
Hello Chip ! .
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dogdays on June 07, 2014, 06:36:57 PM
Good evening to All ! .

Evening Dog.  When I lived up at theLake of the Ozarks there was a good bar up there on the water called Dog Days with a sister place called Wobbly Boots.
Sounds like my kind of place . hey Ken how are you ?
Texas redfish , is your name Dave ? and what part of tx are you in ? .

Dave it is and Austin area.  I just saw you were in Houston.  I get down there on business occasionally we need to meet up sometime.
That sounds great  :) .
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dogdays on June 07, 2014, 06:39:27 PM
Good evening to All ! .

Evening Dog.  When I lived up at theLake of the Ozarks there was a good bar up there on the water called Dog Days with a sister place called Wobbly Boots.
Sounds like my kind of place . hey Ken how are you ?
Texas redfish , is your name Dave ? and what part of tx are you in ? .

Dave it is and Austin area.  I just saw you were in Houston.  I get down there on business occasionally we need to meet up sometime.
That sounds great  :) .
bbl
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 07, 2014, 06:43:09 PM
10 minutes till post time I will be on the sideline for about 15.  Pulling for California Chrome but would bet some on Wicked Strong too.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 06:52:57 PM
The last time there was a triple crown winner, we were all young men. Hadn't realized it was that long ago.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 07, 2014, 07:02:13 PM
The last time there was a triple crown winner, we were all young men. Hadn't realized it was that long ago.

Yep and it was not to be this year either.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 07, 2014, 07:03:19 PM
Oh hell I am a Junior Member now! :'(
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 07:05:28 PM
The last time there was a triple crown winner, we were all young men. Hadn't realized it was that long ago.
Calling all MASSHOLES!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fitzy on June 07, 2014, 07:09:04 PM
The last time there was a triple crown winner, we were all young men. Hadn't realized it was that long ago.
Calling all MASSHOLES!
You rang?!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fitzy on June 07, 2014, 07:10:09 PM
And good evening everyone...  Got most of the roof in the shed today.  Tomorrow I'll finish the roof, and probabilly build the doors and trim it all out!  Next weekend side it, and done!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 07:10:50 PM
The last time there was a triple crown winner, we were all young men. Hadn't realized it was that long ago.
Calling all MASSHOLES!
You rang?!
HaHaHa!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fitzy on June 07, 2014, 07:12:25 PM
The last time there was a triple crown winner, we were all young men. Hadn't realized it was that long ago.
Calling all MASSHOLES!
You rang?!
HaHaHa!
It was perfect timing...  Just lived in and there it was...  And good evening to you Ken!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 07:14:58 PM
The last time there was a triple crown winner, we were all young men. Hadn't realized it was that long ago.
Calling all MASSHOLES!
You rang?!
HaHaHa!
It was perfect timing...  Just lived in and there it was...  And good evening to you Ken!
Good evening, Fitz. I was messing with Freddy-Bob! But, we do have more than one Masshole on here, so...
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 07:17:29 PM
Good evening everyone!  Bolivar Petit Corona (gifted by that fine critter in Louisiana) with a RRG&C.  This is a perfect smoke to follow a nice tender, med-rare rib-eye.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 07:23:09 PM
The last time there was a triple crown winner, we were all young men. Hadn't realized it was that long ago...... I'm working, so I can only post sporadically.
Calling all MASSHOLES!
You rang?!
HaHaHa!
It was perfect timing...  Just lived in and there it was...  And good evening to you Ken!
Good evening, Fitz. I was messing with Freddy-Bob! But, we do have more than one Masshole on here, so...
The last time there was a triple crown winner, we were all young men. Hadn't realized it was that long ago.
Calling all MASSHOLES!
You rang?!
HaHaHa!
It was perfect timing...  Just lived in and there it was...  And good evening to you Ken!
Good evening, Fitz. I was messing with Freddy-Bob! But, we do have more than one Masshole on here, so...
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 07:28:11 PM
Okay, Bob-Fred!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 07:31:36 PM
Okay, Bob-Fred!
KC, glad you are enjoying it. The only thing wrong with those small smokes, is that I want to fire up another when I'm done! But, that being said, they do smoke like a larger cigar, especially the San Cristóbal El Principe IMHO.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 07:40:59 PM
Okay, Bob-Fred!
KC, glad you are enjoying it. The only thing wrong with those small smokes, is that I want to fire up another when I'm done! But, that being said, they do smoke like a larger cigar, especially the San Cristóbal El Principe IMHO.
A truly wonderful cigar.  Smoking it slowly and enjoying it immensely.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 07, 2014, 07:43:05 PM
Afternoon gentlemen.  Getting ready to head to the airport for the long ride home....and a little time travel.....arrive in LA an hour before I left, just wish it would feel that way.
i hope your Avi is on your ride home.
That would definitely help to pass the time!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 07, 2014, 07:46:13 PM
10 minutes till post time I will be on the sideline for about 15.  Pulling for California Chrome but would bet some on Wicked Strong too.
Yes, there is a race THIS weekend!  Enjoy Dave...lol
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 07:48:37 PM
Okay, Bob-Fred!
KC, glad you are enjoying it. The only thing wrong with those small smokes, is that I want to fire up another when I'm done! But, that being said, they do smoke like a larger cigar, especially the San Cristóbal El Principe IMHO.
A truly wonderful cigar.  Smoking it slowly and enjoying it immensely.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 07:49:17 PM
........wOOf.........
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 07:50:44 PM
The Dog! Woof! Great to see you on!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 07, 2014, 07:52:16 PM
Just saw that Tracy Morgan was seriously injured on the NJ Tpk.  Not good to be rear ended by a truck, even if you are in a limo.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 07:52:28 PM
........wOOf.........
I'm thinking about smoking that JC you gifted! I heard you and KC had e-herfed that cigar while I was at work. It sounded great!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 08:00:25 PM
....Evening Ken, trying to figure things out around here.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Threebean on June 07, 2014, 08:05:47 PM
Evening men. Travellin' Dave posting from 40K feet?  It's the only way to fly!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 08:07:23 PM
........wOOf.........
hey doggy woggy
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fitzy on June 07, 2014, 08:09:14 PM
Just saw that Tracy Morgan was seriously injured on the NJ Tpk.  Not good to be rear ended by a truck, even if you are in a limo.
The correct this to get from this is no one is safe in NJ...
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 08:10:35 PM
........wOOf.........
hey doggy woggy
aRf.....
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Threebean on June 07, 2014, 08:11:01 PM
........wOOf.........
hey doggy woggy

Careful, you're liable to get a leg humpin'.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Threebean on June 07, 2014, 08:12:03 PM
....Evening Ken, trying to figure things out around here.

Welcome TD.  Lights still on over at the CI banter?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Geo on June 07, 2014, 08:12:11 PM
Did I hear the Masshole muster?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 08:13:08 PM
........wOOf.........
hey doggy woggy

Careful, you're liable to get a leg humpin'.
Indeed....kinda feel'n a lil frisky.....
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 08:16:12 PM
....Evening Ken, trying to figure things out around here.

Welcome TD.  Lights still on over at the CI banter?
Thanks Bro, sure hope so.  How's your Saturday going?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Threebean on June 07, 2014, 08:17:45 PM
Did I hear the Masshole muster?

http://www.fart-sounds.net/fart_sound_board.htm (http://www.fart-sounds.net/fart_sound_board.htm)
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Geo on June 07, 2014, 08:18:18 PM
when criminals in this world appear
and break the laws that they should fear
and frighten all who see or hear
the cry goes up both far and near
for Underdog! Underdog! Underdog! Underdog!…..Evening, Craig
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Geo on June 07, 2014, 08:19:49 PM
Did I hear the Masshole muster?

http://www.fart-sounds.net/fart_sound_board.htm (http://www.fart-sounds.net/fart_sound_board.htm)
LMAO…so I went to the link and played the one called "George Push"...
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 08:20:11 PM
Did I hear the Masshole muster?
Yeah, it was getting quiet, and I figgurd a few Massholes could liven the place up a bit. Good evening, George.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 08:21:04 PM
Did I hear the Masshole muster?

http://www.fart-sounds.net/fart_sound_board.htm (http://www.fart-sounds.net/fart_sound_board.htm)
kinda partiale to the cheese Dog.......
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Geo on June 07, 2014, 08:22:56 PM
Did I hear the Masshole muster?
Yeah, it was getting quiet, and I figgurd a few Massholes could liven the place up a bit. Good evening, George.
Evening, Ken…lively bunch is a nice way to put it...
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 08:24:50 PM
....Evening Ken, trying to figure things out around here.

Welcome TD.  Lights still on over at the CI banter?
the lights are on, but nobody's home. 16 hours and counting on 1 page n
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 08:28:04 PM
Okay, Bob-Fred!
KC, glad you are enjoying it. The only thing wrong with those small smokes, is that I want to fire up another when I'm done! But, that being said, they do smoke like a larger cigar, especially the San Cristóbal El Principe IMHO.
I got 1 hour and 5 minutes of pure enjoyment from that Bolivar PC.  Thank you, buddy!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 08:28:59 PM
........wOOf.........
hey doggy woggy
aRf.....
Squawk! Squawk!!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 08:29:40 PM
Did I hear the Masshole muster?
Yeah, it was getting quiet, and I figgurd a few Massholes could liven the place up a bit. Good evening, George.
Hey guys, just workin and cheatin the gubment.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 08:30:32 PM
........wOOf.........
hey doggy woggy
aRf.....
Squawk! Squawk!! //////.....WooF.....
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 08:31:32 PM
........wOOf.........
hey doggy woggy
aRf.....
Squawk! Squawk!!
WooF....
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 08:31:36 PM
........wOOf.........
hey doggy woggy
aRf.....
Squawk! Squawk!! //////.....WooF.....
Going to fire up a Saison, unless you might have something different in mind.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 08:32:22 PM
........wOOf.........
hey doggy woggy
aRf.....
Squawk! Squawk!!
WooF....
I'm still working on figuring out this place too.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 08:34:20 PM
Did I hear the Masshole muster?
Yeah, it was getting quiet, and I figgurd a few Massholes could liven the place up a bit. Good evening, George.
Evening, Ken…lively bunch is a nice way to put it...
Best friend from school was from Boston--Southie he used to say. Being shy was not in his character. Fighting was. He still spoke funny, though!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 08:35:15 PM
........wOOf.........
hey doggy woggy
aRf.....
Squawk! Squawk!!
WooF....
I'm still working on figuring out this place too.
We all are. Good thing is, we can ask and get answers!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 08:36:42 PM
........wOOf.........
hey doggy woggy
aRf.....
Squawk! Squawk!! //////.....WooF.....
Going to fire up a Saison, unless you might have something different in mind.
Sorry don't have any Saison's KC
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 08:39:04 PM
........wOOf.........
hey doggy woggy
aRf.....
Squawk! Squawk!! //////.....WooF.....
Going to fire up a Saison, unless you might have something different in mind.
Sorry don't have any Saison's KC
What are you going to fire up next, then?  Haven't punched the Saison yet.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 08:40:14 PM
........wOOf.........
hey doggy woggy
aRf.....
Squawk! Squawk!! //////.....WooF.....
Going to fire up a Saison, unless you might have something different in mind.
Sorry don't have any Saison's KC
What are you going to fire up next, then?  Haven't punched the Saison yet.
A cigar......
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 08:41:17 PM
........wOOf.........
hey doggy woggy
aRf.....
Squawk! Squawk!! //////.....WooF.....
Going to fire up a Saison, unless you might have something different in mind.
Sorry don't have any Saison's KC
What are you going to fire up next, then?  Haven't punched the Saison yet.
I have not clipped, or punched one either. What y'all come up with, Dog?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 08:41:55 PM
//////.....Hoe bout a Nirvana?......
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 08:43:45 PM
........wOOf.........
hey doggy woggy
aRf.....
Squawk! Squawk!! //////.....WooF.....
Going to fire up a Saison, unless you might have something different in mind.
Sorry don't have any Saison's KC
What are you going to fire up next, then?  Haven't punched the Saison yet.
I have not clipped, or punched one either. What y'all come up with, Dog?
/////....Anything is fine with me Ken....
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 08:43:51 PM
//////.....Hoe bout a Nirvana?......
Don't have one, but have some pigs, HE and undergrowths? It's all DE!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 08:44:41 PM
//////.....Hoe bout a Nirvana?......
Don't have one, but have some pigs, HE and undergrowths? It's all DE!
Have a very fine looking Padron!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 08:46:03 PM
//////.....Hoe bout a Nirvana?......
Nirvana it is then.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 08:48:28 PM
//////.....Hoe bout a Nirvana?......
Don't have one, but have some pigs, HE and undergrowths? It's all DE!
/////.....Indeed, let's just smoke....
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 08:48:43 PM
//////.....Hoe bout a Nirvana?......
Nirvana it is then.
"Indecision may or may not be my problem". Very decisive, KC.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 08:52:05 PM
//////.....Hoe bout a Nirvana?......
Nirvana it is then.
"Indecision may or may not be my problem". Very decisive, KC.
It's Saturday night, GK, and that's when I smoke my best cigars.  That Bolivar was perfect, so now I'll see how the Nirvana is.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 08:56:43 PM
Your gonna hate it, KC.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Threebean on June 07, 2014, 08:58:47 PM
Did I hear the Masshole muster?
Yeah, it was getting quiet, and I figgurd a few Massholes could liven the place up a bit. Good evening, George.
Hey guys, just workin and cheatin the gubment.

Lord knows we've all been cheated by the gubmint for long enough.  Would rather it go to you vs some schitthole half way across the globe.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 08:59:38 PM
//////.....Hoe bout a Nirvana?......
Don't have one, but have some pigs, HE and undergrowths? It's all DE!
/////.....Indeed, let's just smoke....
Craig, 10 Epernay La Grandes $61. Good deal?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Threebean on June 07, 2014, 09:00:59 PM
Sorry, I think I've past-posted.  Please, enjoy those stogies.  DE undergrowth corona viva earlier today for me, but nothing at the moment.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 09:07:55 PM
//////.....Hoe bout a Nirvana?......
Don't have one, but have some pigs, HE and undergrowths? It's all DE!
/////.....Indeed, let's just smoke....
Craig, 10 Epernay La Grandes $61. Good deal?

Sheesh.  We went over this earlier.  Yes.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 09:08:08 PM
//////.....Hoe bout a Nirvana?......
Don't have one, but have some pigs, HE and undergrowths? It's all DE!
/////.....Indeed, let's just smoke....
This Nirvana is excellent.  A great follow-up to that wonderful Bolivar.  Thanks, dawg! Very good choice.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 09:09:09 PM
Sorry, I think I've past-posted.  Please, enjoy those stogies.  DE undergrowth corona viva earlier today for me, but nothing at the moment.
Evening bean!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 09:11:11 PM
//////.....Hoe bout a Nirvana?......
Don't have one, but have some pigs, HE and undergrowths? It's all DE!
/////.....Indeed, let's just smoke....
Craig, 10 Epernay La Grandes $61. Good deal?
Hell'z yes.....
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 09:12:03 PM
//////.....Hoe bout a Nirvana?......
Don't have one, but have some pigs, HE and undergrowths? It's all DE!
/////.....Indeed, let's just smoke....
Craig, 10 Epernay La Grandes $61. Good deal?

Sheesh.  We went over this earlier.  Yes.
HaHaHa! That was funny!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 09:13:02 PM
//////.....Hoe bout a Nirvana?......
Don't have one, but have some pigs, HE and undergrowths? It's all DE!
/////.....Indeed, let's just smoke....
Craig, 10 Epernay La Grandes $61. Good deal?

Sheesh.  We went over this earlier.  Yes.
HaHaHa! That was funny!
Wanted a second opinion? LMAO!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 09:15:21 PM
They probably didn't restock them for the evening, but the mash had Epernay Le Grandes.  20 for ~$147.  Add a single and apply the 40 off 150 coupon.  I picked a Perdomo Patriarch corojo robusto.  Came out to 111.89 for 20 Epernays and the 1 perdomo.  Not bad, imfo.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 09:15:27 PM
evening guys. just fired up a Montesino robusto, water on the side. sunrise golf tomorrow. tee off at 5:30am for 27 holes, then early lunch, followed by mowing, followed but cutting down 3 old apple trees. anybody else have an exciting Sunday going?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 09:18:24 PM
evening guys. just fired up a Montesino robusto, water on the side. sunrise golf tomorrow. tee off at 5:30am for 27 holes, then early lunch, followed by mowing, followed but cutting down 3 old apple trees. anybody else have an exciting Sunday going?
Dean, might as well add about 15 more trees, maybe 20 acres of forest just to warm you up? Dig a pond while your at it!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 09:19:52 PM
They probably didn't restock them for the evening, but the mash had Epernay Le Grandes.  20 for ~$147.  Add a single and apply the 40 off 150 coupon.  I picked a Perdomo Patriarch corojo robusto.  Came out to 111.89 for 20 Epernays and the 1 perdomo.  Not bad, imfo.
Nice pick-up Will.....
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 09:20:56 PM
evening guys. just fired up a Montesino robusto, water on the side. sunrise golf tomorrow. tee off at 5:30am for 27 holes, then early lunch, followed by mowing, followed but cutting down 3 old apple trees. anybody else have an exciting Sunday going?
Just going to drink ML, smoke cigars, listen to "Mr. Nice Guy", a really great band, and enjoy the "scenery" at Flossie's tomorrow.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 09:21:05 PM
They probably didn't restock them for the evening, but the mash had Epernay Le Grandes.  20 for ~$147.  Add a single and apply the 40 off 150 coupon.  I picked a Perdomo Patriarch corojo robusto.  Came out to 111.89 for 20 Epernays and the 1 perdomo.  Not bad, imfo.
Nice pick-up Will.....

I tried to get an R single, but alas.  They were sold out.  Saw the Patriarch and decided that was good enough.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Threebean on June 07, 2014, 09:21:18 PM
evening guys. just fired up a Montesino robusto, water on the side. sunrise golf tomorrow. tee off at 5:30am for 27 holes, then early lunch, followed by mowing, followed but cutting down 3 old apple trees. anybody else have an exciting Sunday going?
Dean, might as well add about 15 more trees, maybe 20 acres of forest just to warm you up? Dig a pond while your at it!

Ha, indeed.  That does not compare well to sitting on my ass.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 09:21:51 PM
They probably didn't restock them for the evening, but the mash had Epernay Le Grandes.  20 for ~$147.  Add a single and apply the 40 off 150 coupon.  I picked a Perdomo Patriarch corojo robusto.  Came out to 111.89 for 20 Epernays and the 1 perdomo.  Not bad, imfo.
You're such a show off, Will. Just wanted my dogs opinion.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 09:22:00 PM
evening guys. just fired up a Montesino robusto, water on the side. sunrise golf tomorrow. tee off at 5:30am for 27 holes, then early lunch, followed by mowing, followed but cutting down 3 old apple trees. anybody else have an exciting Sunday going?
Dean, might as well add about 15 more trees, maybe 20 acres of forest just to warm you up? Dig a pond while your at it!

we have a pond, though it does need dredging, and I should redo my fire pit.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Threebean on June 07, 2014, 09:22:35 PM
evening guys. just fired up a Montesino robusto, water on the side. sunrise golf tomorrow. tee off at 5:30am for 27 holes, then early lunch, followed by mowing, followed but cutting down 3 old apple trees. anybody else have an exciting Sunday going?
Just going to drink ML, smoke cigars, listen to "Mr. Nice Guy", a really great band, and enjoy the "scenery" at Flossie's tomorrow.

Now that's a cause I can get behind.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 09:23:23 PM
evening guys. just fired up a Montesino robusto, water on the side. sunrise golf tomorrow. tee off at 5:30am for 27 holes, then early lunch, followed by mowing, followed but cutting down 3 old apple trees. anybody else have an exciting Sunday going?
Just going to drink ML, smoke cigars, listen to "Mr. Nice Guy", a really great band, and enjoy the "scenery" at Flossie's tomorrow.

hmmmm, sounds nice.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 09:23:50 PM
evening guys. just fired up a Montesino robusto, water on the side. sunrise golf tomorrow. tee off at 5:30am for 27 holes, then early lunch, followed by mowing, followed but cutting down 3 old apple trees. anybody else have an exciting Sunday going?
Evening DeanO.....sounds great besides the chain saw work.  Make sue 3bean ain't hanG'n on a limb....just say'n.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 09:25:17 PM
evening guys. just fired up a Montesino robusto, water on the side. sunrise golf tomorrow. tee off at 5:30am for 27 holes, then early lunch, followed by mowing, followed but cutting down 3 old apple trees. anybody else have an exciting Sunday going?
Dean, might as well add about 15 more trees, maybe 20 acres of forest just to warm you up? Dig a pond while your at it!

Ha, indeed.  That does not compare well to sitting on my ass.
I was of course, joking Dean! Wish I had a problem with sitting on my ass. But, I don't. When I'm paid, I get off my ass! Dean, you are awesome!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 09:29:34 PM
evening guys. just fired up a Montesino robusto, water on the side. sunrise golf tomorrow. tee off at 5:30am for 27 holes, then early lunch, followed by mowing, followed but cutting down 3 old apple trees. anybody else have an exciting Sunday going?
Dean, might as well add about 15 more trees, maybe 20 acres of forest just to warm you up? Dig a pond while your at it!

Ha, indeed.  That does not compare well to sitting on my ass.
I was of course, joking Dean! Wish I had no problem with sitting on my ass. But, I don't. When I'm paid, I get off my ass! Dean, you are awesome!

awesome huh? ha. just a man growing old that hasn't sense enough to slow down. do it now while I can or it won't get done. if that happens I'll feel bad, get miserable. nobody likes a miserable old man.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Threebean on June 07, 2014, 09:31:51 PM
evening guys. just fired up a Montesino robusto, water on the side. sunrise golf tomorrow. tee off at 5:30am for 27 holes, then early lunch, followed by mowing, followed but cutting down 3 old apple trees. anybody else have an exciting Sunday going?
Dean, might as well add about 15 more trees, maybe 20 acres of forest just to warm you up? Dig a pond while your at it!

Ha, indeed.  That does not compare well to sitting on my ass.
I was of course, joking Dean! Wish I had a problem with sitting on my ass. But, I don't. When I'm paid, I get off my ass! Dean, you are awesome!

That's how he stays young, Ken!  I did my tree cutting and pond diggin' last weekend.  (OK, the pond part is BS, but the other part is true).
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 09:34:06 PM
They probably didn't restock them for the evening, but the mash had Epernay Le Grandes.  20 for ~$147.  Add a single and apply the 40 off 150 coupon.  I picked a Perdomo Patriarch corojo robusto.  Came out to 111.89 for 20 Epernays and the 1 perdomo.  Not bad, imfo.
You're such a show off, Will. Just wanted my dogs opinion.

I thought we were just saying everything else we said before.

So, earlier, I smoked this Epernay Le Grande with 2 years of rest on it...
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 09:35:22 PM
evening guys. just fired up a Montesino robusto, water on the side. sunrise golf tomorrow. tee off at 5:30am for 27 holes, then early lunch, followed by mowing, followed but cutting down 3 old apple trees. anybody else have an exciting Sunday going?
Evening DeanO.....sounds great besides the chain saw work.  Make sue 3bean ain't hanG'n on a limb....just say'n.

not many limbs left for George McFly to go out on.

Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 09:36:04 PM
Now that's a cause I can get behind.-----3B-----There's a spot reserved for you at the CT.  Just waiting for you to get your lazy ass to S FL.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 09:36:10 PM
Cuchillos Cubanos ~40~
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 09:38:14 PM
evening guys. just fired up a Montesino robusto, water on the side. sunrise golf tomorrow. tee off at 5:30am for 27 holes, then early lunch, followed by mowing, followed but cutting down 3 old apple trees. anybody else have an exciting Sunday going?
Dean, might as well add about 15 more trees, maybe 20 acres of forest just to warm you up? Dig a pond while your at it!

Ha, indeed.  That does not compare well to sitting on my ass.
I was of course, joking Dean! Wish I had no problem with sitting on my ass. But, I don't. When I'm paid, I get off my ass! Dean, you are awesome!

awesome huh? ha. just a man growing old that hasn't sense enough to slow down. do it now while I can or it won't get done. if that happens I'll feel bad, get miserable. nobody likes a miserable old man.
Mark, Dean when my Dad retired, he came and fixed everybody's everything! He then built computers from scratch, and gave them to all of us, cousins included. He did not charge. He was born in '29 and worked all his life. Before he went to school--he did half a days work--, and he could not sit still after he retired. When he had a stroke, he could not do anything, he lasted 3 months. I did not take after him, I suppose. I can sit all day and drink and smoke. He was wealthy at 30. I will never be, but that is the way life goes. I'm easily satisfied.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 09:38:27 PM
Cuchillos Cubanos ~40~
.....Dellusione.....
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 09:40:05 PM
Cuchillos Cubanos ~40~
.....Dellusione.....

Certainly the same quality of cigar as the Le grande from earlier, but not too shabby at all for a $2 smoke.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Threebean on June 07, 2014, 09:42:58 PM
Now that's a cause I can get behind.-----3B-----There's a spot reserved for you at the CT.  Just waiting for you to get your lazy ass to S FL.
Man, if an "indeed" were ever appropriate, this is it.  I will do it, and on two wheels.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 09:45:52 PM
Man, if an "indeed" were ever appropriate, this is it.  I will do it, and on two wheels.-----3B-----Just try and do it before I die.  I'm old, ya know.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 09:46:57 PM
Cuchillos Cubanos ~40~
.....Dellusione.....
I'm really enjoying the Nirvana.  I'm not a big DE fan, but this is excellent.  Thanks again!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Threebean on June 07, 2014, 09:47:21 PM
Mark, Dean when my Dad retired, he came and fixed everybody's everything! He then built computers from scratch, and gave them to all of us, cousins included. He did not charge. He was born in '29 and worked all his life. Before he went to school--he did half a days work--, and he could not sit still after he retired. When he had a stroke, he could not do anything, he lasted 3 months. I did not take after him, I suppose. I can sit all day and drink and smoke. He was wealthy at 30. I will never be, but that is the way life goes. I'm easily satisfied.
[/quote]

Ken, I can tell from that post that you and I could while away a few hours with sticks and drinks. Our fathers....mine was a tough act to follow as well. But like you said, satisfaction.  Tough to find that balance sometimes.  Sometimes we learn too late.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Threebean on June 07, 2014, 09:48:27 PM
Man, if an "indeed" were ever appropriate, this is it.  I will do it, and on two wheels.-----3B-----Just try and do it before I die.  I'm old, ya know.

Ha!  That thought crossed my mind. I'm no spring chicken either, ya know.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Threebean on June 07, 2014, 09:49:03 PM
OK, gotta go make my signature popcorn for the warden and her friend.  BBL.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 09:49:38 PM
Cuchillos Cubanos ~40~
.....Dellusione.....
I'm really enjoying the Nirvana.  I'm not a big DE fan, but this is excellent.  Thanks again!

That's good to hear.  They've been on the radar but I haven't grabbed them yet.  Maybe next time.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 09:51:45 PM
Cuchillos Cubanos ~40~
.....Dellusione.....
I'm really enjoying the Nirvana.  I'm not a big DE fan, but this is excellent.  Thanks again!
....Same here....glad your enjoy'n......
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 09:53:31 PM
[...]

my father was a lazy, angry drunk. I was just a drunk. I've been working for 49 years, and I'm content for the most part. I do enjoy a lazy day now and then, just don't know how to sit still yet.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on June 07, 2014, 09:55:16 PM
well, my Montesino is out and so is I.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 09:57:46 PM
Cuchillos Cubanos ~40~
.....Dellusione.....
I'm really enjoying the Nirvana.  I'm not a big DE fan, but this is excellent.  Thanks again!

That's good to hear.  They've been on the radar but I haven't grabbed them yet.  Maybe next time.
Pretty sure you would not be disappointed.  They are a little pricey, thinking that would be the only negative...
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 10:05:01 PM
[...]

HaHa about the sitting still, Dean that is a brain chemical that you can't change. I can work with the best, but feel no guilt about sitting around when it's not my time to work. I get enthused when something new happens, and I've seen stuff done that were truly milestones, and never done before. My dad was an Electrical Engineer, and worked in TV since it was invented. He got in on it at the right time, and knew more about it than most, so he could get people to fund his ventures.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 10:10:59 PM
Man, if an "indeed" were ever appropriate, this is it.  I will do it, and on two wheels.-----3B-----Just try and do it before I die.  I'm old, ya know.

Ha!  That thought crossed my mind. I'm no spring chicken either, ya know.
Another old friend of over 40 years, Miami Moon, died a couple days ago.  We're dropping like flies.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 10:11:37 PM
Cuchillos Cubanos ~40~
.....Dellusione.....
I'm really enjoying the Nirvana.  I'm not a big DE fan, but this is excellent.  Thanks again!

That's good to hear.  They've been on the radar but I haven't grabbed them yet.  Maybe next time.
Pretty sure you would not be disappointed.  They are a little pricey, thinking that would be the only negative...

Nice mix of a medium bodied mocha, black pepper, and a touch of cedar from this 40.  Chocolatey finish.  It's only got about a week of rest on it, but already a MUCH improved burn from the one a day OTT.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Johnny on June 07, 2014, 10:20:39 PM
Man, if an "indeed" were ever appropriate, this is it.  I will do it, and on two wheels.-----3B-----Just try and do it before I die.  I'm old, ya know.

Ha!  That thought crossed my mind. I'm no spring chicken either, ya know.
Another old friend of over 40 years, Miami Moon, died a couple days ago.  We're dropping like flies.
Sorry to hear that KC, all we can do is hang on for the long run and hope for the best.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 10:21:13 PM
Man, if an "indeed" were ever appropriate, this is it.  I will do it, and on two wheels.-----3B-----Just try and do it before I die.  I'm old, ya know.

Ha!  That thought crossed my mind. I'm no spring chicken either, ya know.
Another old friend of over 40 years, Miami Moon, died a couple days ago.  We're dropping like flies.
Sorry to hear that KC....
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 10:26:26 PM
Man, if an "indeed" were ever appropriate, this is it.  I will do it, and on two wheels.-----3B-----Just try and do it before I die.  I'm old, ya know.

Ha!  That thought crossed my mind. I'm no spring chicken either, ya know.
Another old friend of over 40 years, Miami Moon, died a couple days ago.  We're dropping like flies.
Hate to hear that, KC. Sorry about your friend.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 10:26:48 PM
...Rangers 4 vs Kings 4 in OT.....Jeff has to be on the edge of his seat......
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 10:27:36 PM
...Rangers 4 vs Kings 4 in OT.....Jeff has to be on the edge of his seat......

Indeed.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 10:28:03 PM
Man, if an "indeed" were ever appropriate, this is it.  I will do it, and on two wheels.-----3B-----Just try and do it before I die.  I'm old, ya know.

Ha!  That thought crossed my mind. I'm no spring chicken either, ya know.
Another old friend of over 40 years, Miami Moon, died a couple days ago.  We're dropping like flies.
Sorry to hear that KC....
It's way too long a story for here, but it's actually a miracle that Moon lived into his 70s.  40 years ago he was a very, very, bad man.  In many ways. But he repented, and found Jesus about 15 years ago.  Then annoyed the shit out of everyone with his incessant preaching.  But we still loved him.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 10:30:14 PM
Time to fire up an LAdC EE as my last smoke of the night.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 10:34:55 PM
Man, if an "indeed" were ever appropriate, this is it.  I will do it, and on two wheels.-----3B-----Just try and do it before I die.  I'm old, ya know.

Ha!  That thought crossed my mind. I'm no spring chicken either, ya know.
Another old friend of over 40 years, Miami Moon, died a couple days ago.  We're dropping like flies.
Sorry to hear that KC....
It's way too long a story for here, but it's actually a miracle that Moon lived into his 70s.  40 years ago he was a very, very, bad man.  In many ways. But he repented, and found Jesus about 15 years ago.  Then annoyed the shit out of everyone with his incessant preaching.  But we still loved him.
KC, we did not need to see that! He is still annoying! Just kidding, but a simple pic of him would have sufficed!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 10:38:42 PM
I don't care what anyone thinks, I think the Undergrowths are a very good cigar!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 10:41:14 PM
Cuchillos Cubanos ~40~
.....Dellusione.....
I'm really enjoying the Nirvana.  I'm not a big DE fan, but this is excellent.  Thanks again!

That's good to hear.  They've been on the radar but I haven't grabbed them yet.  Maybe next time.
Pretty sure you would not be disappointed.  They are a little pricey, thinking that would be the only negative...

Nice mix of a medium bodied mocha, black pepper, and a touch of cedar from this 40.  Chocolatey finish.  It's only got about a week of rest on it, but already a MUCH improved burn from the one a day OTT.

Last third has had some growing cherry tobacco flavor.  Earthier with a heavier dose of pepper, still a touch of cedar, not so much with the chocolate.  Perfect burn/draw/etc.  Really solid "budget" stick.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 10:41:30 PM
I don't care what anyone thinks, I think the Undergrowths are a very good cigar!

Ideally in corona viva.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 10:43:02 PM
Man, if an "indeed" were ever appropriate, this is it.  I will do it, and on two wheels.-----3B-----Just try and do it before I die.  I'm old, ya know.

Ha!  That thought crossed my mind. I'm no spring chicken either, ya know.
Another old friend of over 40 years, Miami Moon, died a couple days ago.  We're dropping like flies.
Sorry to hear that KC....
It's way too long a story for here, but it's actually a miracle that Moon lived into his 70s.  40 years ago he was a very, very, bad man.  In many ways. But he repented, and found Jesus about 15 years ago.  Then annoyed the shit out of everyone with his incessant preaching.  But we still loved him.
KC, we did not need to see that! He is still annoying! Just kidding, but a simple pic of him would have sufficed!
Now I know why they called him Moon.....
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 10:44:11 PM
I don't care what anyone thinks, I think the Undergrowths are a very good cigar!
I's with ya Brother.....
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 10:44:12 PM
Cuchillos Cubanos ~40~
.....Dellusione.....
I'm really enjoying the Nirvana.  I'm not a big DE fan, but this is excellent.  Thanks again!

That's good to hear.  They've been on the radar but I haven't grabbed them yet.  Maybe next time.
Pretty sure you would not be disappointed.  They are a little pricey, thinking that would be the only negative...

Nice mix of a medium bodied mocha, black pepper, and a touch of cedar from this 40.  Chocolatey finish.  It's only got about a week of rest on it, but already a MUCH improved burn from the one a day OTT.

Last third has had some growing cherry tobacco flavor.  Earthier with a heavier dose of pepper, still a touch of cedar, not so much with the chocolate.  Perfect burn/draw/etc.  Really solid "budget" stick.
What cigar? Cuchillos Cubanos ~40~?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 10:47:13 PM
I don't care what anyone thinks, I think the Undergrowths are a very good cigar!
I's with ya Brother.....
You should be a founding member, but the cut off was the 6th. Tony!......
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 10:51:17 PM
Now I know why they called him Moon.....-----TD-----Exactly!  I took a now somewhat famous photo of him mooning the Miami Police back in 1981, and it was published in "Easy Rider" magazine.  That's how he got the name "Moon".  He was also an extra, as the stereotypical biker, in several episodes of "Miami Vice".  He was quite the character.  He lived a long life, and should have been dead 35 years ago, so no condolences necessary.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 10:55:32 PM
Now I know why they called him Moon.....-----TD-----Exactly!  I took a now somewhat famous photo of him mooning the Miami Police back in 1981, and it was published in "Easy Rider" magazine.  That's how he got the name "Moon".  He was also an extra, as the stereotypical biker, in several episodes of "Miami Vice".  He was quite the character.  He lived a long life, and should have been dead 35 years ago, so no condolences necessary.
I'm sure he was a character. I would have liked to talk to him! Larger than life figure, I would think! Like you, KC!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 10:56:02 PM
Cuchillos Cubanos ~40~
.....Dellusione.....
I'm really enjoying the Nirvana.  I'm not a big DE fan, but this is excellent.  Thanks again!

That's good to hear.  They've been on the radar but I haven't grabbed them yet.  Maybe next time.
Pretty sure you would not be disappointed.  They are a little pricey, thinking that would be the only negative...

Nice mix of a medium bodied mocha, black pepper, and a touch of cedar from this 40.  Chocolatey finish.  It's only got about a week of rest on it, but already a MUCH improved burn from the one a day OTT.

Last third has had some growing cherry tobacco flavor.  Earthier with a heavier dose of pepper, still a touch of cedar, not so much with the chocolate.  Perfect burn/draw/etc.  Really solid "budget" stick.
What cigar? Cuchillos Cubanos ~40~?

Yep.  The Illusione mixed filler line.  Not as complex as the regular line or the Epernay, not as strong as either, but very much in-line with the house profile.  I'm thinking a little more age backs off the pepper some--it isn't spicy and on the front, more back of the throat.  That should let the mocha and chocolate come through a little.

The final third with the heavier earth sticks out a bit outside of the usual for Dion, and I don't remember the ~46~ having that when fresh.  Maybe some time brings out the cherry and cedar accents some more.  Who knows.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 07, 2014, 10:58:17 PM
I don't care what anyone thinks, I think the Undergrowths are a very good cigar!
I's with ya Brother.....
You should be a founding member, but the cut off was the 6th. Tony!......
This is just another drive-by post but I wanted to clarify that everyone registered before 6am tomorrow will be made a Founding Member, I haven't gotten around to updating those who registered in the last couple of days.  Sorry to post and run...
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 11:00:01 PM
I don't care what anyone thinks, I think the Undergrowths are a very good cigar!
I's with ya Brother.....
You should be a founding member, but the cut off was the 6th. Tony!......
/////....NO, don't do that...works well just the way it is.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 11:05:31 PM
I don't care what anyone thinks, I think the Undergrowths are a very good cigar!
I's with ya Brother.....
You should be a founding member, but the cut off was the 6th. Tony!......
/////....NO, don't do that...works well just the way it is.
Well, is was wrong!!wOOf!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 11:07:59 PM
I don't care what anyone thinks, I think the Undergrowths are a very good cigar!
I's with ya Brother.....
You should be a founding member, but the cut off was the 6th. Tony!......
/////....NO, don't do that...works well just the way it is.
Well, is was wrong!!wOOf!
Going to walk ThE dOg! He LovEs it!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 11:09:56 PM
...Rangers 4 vs Kings 4 in OT.....Jeff has to be on the edge of his seat......

Indeed.
Let's play a 2nd OT.....
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 11:15:53 PM
I don't care what anyone thinks, I think the Undergrowths are a very good cigar!
I's with ya Brother.....
You should be a founding member, but the cut off was the 6th. Tony!......
This is just another drive-by post but I wanted to clarify that everyone registered before 6am tomorrow will be made a Founding Member, I haven't gotten around to updating those who registered in the last couple of days.  Sorry to post and run...
Say what?  You've never done that before!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 11:18:37 PM
And now for a Quintero Londres Extra.  Another "budget" stick that smokes above its price point.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 11:18:58 PM
I don't care what anyone thinks, I think the Undergrowths are a very good cigar!
I's with ya Brother.....
You should be a founding member, but the cut off was the 6th. Tony!......
/////....NO, don't do that...works well just the way it is.
Well, is was wrong!!wOOf!
Going to walk ThE dOg! He LovEs it!
Listening to Aerosmith?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 11:20:50 PM
...Burning a V double robo...
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 11:23:30 PM
...Burning a V double robo...
Got another 2" left on my LAdC #1 Corona Larga.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 11:23:34 PM
Diamond Crown #3 Maduro-3 years old! Lets see.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 11:29:19 PM
Diamond Crown #3 Maduro-3 years old! Lets see.
Nice, interested to hear how that goes....
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 07, 2014, 11:31:37 PM
Diamond Crown #3 Maduro-3 years old! Lets see.
Nice, interested to hear how that goes....
Indeed.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 11:32:42 PM
Diamond Crown #3 Maduro-3 years old! Lets see.
Nice, interested to hear how that goes....
Not starting good taste wise--not much taste at all. First 1/2 inch, so we will see.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: KC on June 07, 2014, 11:39:29 PM
Diamond Crown #3 Maduro-3 years old! Lets see.
Nice, interested to hear how that goes....
Not a maduro fan here, but being a DC, I'm interested too.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 11:45:53 PM
I don't care what anyone thinks, I think the Undergrowths are a very good cigar!
I's with ya Brother.....
You should be a founding member, but the cut off was the 6th. Tony!......
This is just another drive-by post but I wanted to clarify that everyone registered before 6am tomorrow will be made a Founding Member, I haven't gotten around to updating those who registered in the last couple of days.  Sorry to post and run...
Slacker!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 11:48:06 PM
Diamond Crown #3 Maduro-3 years old! Lets see.
Nice, interested to hear how that goes....
Not a maduro fan here, but being a DC, I'm interested too.
Taste great, actually taste like a AF Royal Salute maduro, not bad at all. I should have smoked this earlier, but this came in a Holts sampler about 3 years ago. It is smoking slow, so I will be up another hour!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 07, 2014, 11:50:39 PM
Diamond Crown #3 Maduro-3 years old! Lets see.
Nice, interested to hear how that goes....
Not a maduro fan here, but being a DC, I'm interested too.
Taste great, actually taste like a AF Royal Salute maduro, not bad at all. I should have smoked this earlier, but this came in a Holts sampler about 3 years ago. It is smoking slow, so I will be up another hour!
We'll hang with ya, Mr Glass
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 11:53:53 PM
Diamond Crown #3 Maduro-3 years old! Lets see.
Nice, interested to hear how that goes....
Not a maduro fan here, but being a DC, I'm interested too.
Taste great, actually taste like a AF Royal Salute maduro, not bad at all. I should have smoked this earlier, but this came in a Holts sampler about 3 years ago. It is smoking slow, so I will be up another hour!
This smoke is perfect--not really what I would consider strong, but is a very good cigar--perfect burn, and taste. This is not an OpusX, but does have some good tastes. I'm not much for maduro, but I'm liking the halfway point. Is getting a bit of nic now, did not think it had it. Drinking a hienie
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 07, 2014, 11:58:48 PM
Diamond Crown #3 Maduro-3 years old! Lets see.
Nice, interested to hear how that goes....
Not a maduro fan here, but being a DC, I'm interested too.
Taste great, actually taste like a AF Royal Salute maduro, not bad at all. I should have smoked this earlier, but this came in a Holts sampler about 3 years ago. It is smoking slow, so I will be up another hour!
This smoke is perfect--not really what I would consider strong, but is a very good cigar--perfect burn, and taste. This is not an OpusX, but does have some good tastes. I'm not much for maduro, but I'm liking the halfway point. Is getting a bit of nic now, did not think it had it. Drinking a hienie
hienieKen......
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 07, 2014, 11:59:27 PM
Diamond Crown #3 Maduro-3 years old! Lets see.
Nice, interested to hear how that goes....
Not a maduro fan here, but being a DC, I'm interested too.
Taste great, actually taste like a AF Royal Salute maduro, not bad at all. I should have smoked this earlier, but this came in a Holts sampler about 3 years ago. It is smoking slow, so I will be up another hour!
This smoke is perfect--not really what I would consider strong, but is a very good cigar--perfect burn, and taste. This is not an OpusX, but does have some good tastes. I'm not much for maduro, but I'm liking the halfway point. Is getting a bit of nic now, did not think it had it. Drinking a hienie
This is a good cigar--would not pay $15.00 like it is going for, but it came in a sampler, and it has got really goog. Stronger than the Salute, and tastes like the AF858 Mad, but stronger! It is tricking me, and not even half way!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 08, 2014, 12:00:08 AM
Diamond Crown #3 Maduro-3 years old! Lets see.
Nice, interested to hear how that goes....
Not a maduro fan here, but being a DC, I'm interested too.
Taste great, actually taste like a AF Royal Salute maduro, not bad at all. I should have smoked this earlier, but this came in a Holts sampler about 3 years ago. It is smoking slow, so I will be up another hour!
This smoke is perfect--not really what I would consider strong, but is a very good cigar--perfect burn, and taste. This is not an OpusX, but does have some good tastes. I'm not much for maduro, but I'm liking the halfway point. Is getting a bit of nic now, did not think it had it. Drinking a hienie
hienieKen......
HaHa Yes, Hien-and Ken
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 08, 2014, 12:09:54 AM
No flip?
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Wenglish on June 08, 2014, 12:16:18 AM
Tony slacking off.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 08, 2014, 12:18:09 AM
Okay, shows what I know. This cigar is at the half point, and is very good. Perfect burn, perfect draw and it has been tasting great! This is great. I was not going to be nice, but this is a very good cigar. My God! I have been pushing this cigar around for a couple years! I should have known Diamond Crown? It's not mellow either--it's great: chocolate bar, and coffee, and some sweet coffee, but stronger than I would have thought!
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 08, 2014, 12:20:00 AM
No flip?
He did not make it automatic.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 08, 2014, 12:26:08 AM
No flip?
He did not make it automatic.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 08, 2014, 12:27:39 AM
Okay, shows what I know. This cigar is at the half point, and is very good. Perfect burn, perfect draw and it has been tasting great! This is great. I was not going to be nice, but this is a very good cigar. My God! I have been pushing this cigar around for a couple years! I should have known Diamond Crown? It's not mellow either--it's great: chocolate bar, and coffee, and some sweet coffee, but stronger than I would have thought!
Yessiree....Pricey as hell, but really enjoy the entire line.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 08, 2014, 12:31:52 AM
Craig-Dog, still smoking it. Strong as an Opus, and has some of that taste, but maduro. Love it. I'll send you one. This is great IMO, and I did not think I would like it.
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 08, 2014, 12:50:33 AM
Craig-Dog, still smoking it. Strong as an Opus, and has some of that taste, but maduro. Love it. I'll send you one. This is great IMO, and I did not think I would like it.
Good Night!!!!!!! My Botls
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: TruDog on June 08, 2014, 12:53:38 AM
Craig-Dog, still smoking it. Strong as an Opus, and has some of that taste, but maduro. Love it. I'll send you one. This is great IMO, and I did not think I would like it.
Good Night!!!!!!! My Botls
Take care Ken...
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on June 08, 2014, 12:55:38 AM
Craig-Dog, still smoking it. Strong as an Opus, and has some of that taste, but maduro. Love it. I'll send you one. This is great IMO, and I did not think I would like it.
Good Night!!!!!!! My Botls
gnite Ken
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 08, 2014, 12:57:52 AM
Craig-Dog, still smoking it. Strong as an Opus, and has some of that taste, but maduro. Love it. I'll send you one. This is great IMO, and I did not think I would like it.
Good Night!!!!!!! My Botls
gnite Ken
I'm still smoking
Title: Re: 6/7/2014
Post by: glassken on June 08, 2014, 12:58:31 AM
Craig-Dog, still smoking it. Strong as an Opus, and has some of that taste, but maduro. Love it. I'll send you one. This is great IMO, and I did not think I would like it.
Good Night!!!!!!! My Botls
gnite Ken
I'm still smoking
Love my BOTL's