CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: 7/14/2016  (Read 15508 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 7/14/2016
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2016, 07:36:00 AM »

Morning Bean

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2016, 07:37:57 AM »

Slow Learner?

Texas man arrested on fifth DWI after leaving Austin liquor store

 1:10 p.m. Wednesday, July 13, 2016 by  San Antonio Express-News  | Filed in: Crime

A 50-year-old Austin man previously convicted four times for drunken driving was arrested a fifth time last week for allegedly drinking and driving again - this time crashing outside a liquor store. Kevin Lampkin was booked into the Travis County Jail Saturday for a felony charge of driving while intoxicated with three or more previous convictions

Threebean

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2016, 07:38:45 AM »

Get your Norfolk travel plans set TexDave?
Finally, Sheesh that place is almost as hard to fly to as Gainesville, Florida which is about as bad as they get.  And hotels are stupid expensive around that area.
I gave you a bunch of options yesterday.  As for hotels, yea, in places they know you will only go to for business, hotels (and airlines) jack up prices.  Prices have always been ridiculous to fly into places like Detroit or Cincinnati.
Air Fare's were not the issue really, they were not way out of line but the schedules were the problem.  To get there on Southwest I would have to go to either Baltimore or Chicago to get there.  And all the others were just as crazy.   I am going on Delta and just  a routine stop in Atlanta going but have to go from Norfolk to Detroit to Austin.   Schedules on all of them were horrible.
Well we are talking about TxDave and airline travel, so results as expected.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2016, 07:42:07 AM »

And yet another stupid congressional act, this time by the RINO douchebag that represents my district.

Killing a police officer is a 1st degree murder (or equivalent under a different name) in every state and will either get you Life in the Big House or the preferred penalty of death.  So WTF difference does it make if it is a Federal Crime????  Oh yeah, I know..... for one thing it will get them into a hell of a lot nicer prison than any of the State joints.

Back the Blue Act: ‘Killing an officer should be federal crime’

Senator John Cornyn says killing an officer should be a federal crime.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2016, 07:42:25 AM »

Get your Norfolk travel plans set TexDave?
Finally, Sheesh that place is almost as hard to fly to as Gainesville, Florida which is about as bad as they get.  And hotels are stupid expensive around that area.
I gave you a bunch of options yesterday.  As for hotels, yea, in places they know you will only go to for business, hotels (and airlines) jack up prices.  Prices have always been ridiculous to fly into places like Detroit or Cincinnati.
Air Fare's were not the issue really, they were not way out of line but the schedules were the problem.  To get there on Southwest I would have to go to either Baltimore or Chicago to get there.  And all the others were just as crazy.   I am going on Delta and just  a routine stop in Atlanta going but have to go from Norfolk to Detroit to Austin.   Schedules on all of them were horrible.
Well we are talking about TxDave and airline travel, so results as expected.
GFY

sfish

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2016, 07:44:46 AM »

So Fish, you riding this out at home or did you drag yourself into work?
Miserably dragged myself into work, I immediately regretted that decision

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2016, 07:46:39 AM »

A.J. Fernández Adding Last Call Maduro at IPCPR 2016

Following up on the successful launch of Last Call, a cigar that debuted earlier this year, A.J. Fernández will introduce a Last Call Maduro at the 2016 IPCPR Convention & Trade Show later this month. The Last Call Maduro uses a Pennsylvania broadleaf-seed wrapper grown in Nicaragua by Abdel Fernández over a Nicaraguan binder and Nicaraguan fillers. Like the original Last Call, it will be offered in a single 4 1/2 x 48 petit robusto size sold in boxes of 25. Suggested retail pricing will be $5.25 per cigar, slightly higher than the $5 MSRP of Last Call. “The Last Call Maduro highlights the unique flavors and sweet notes found in A.J. ‘s Nicaraguan Pennsylvania broadleaf wrapper,” said Ricky Somoza, vp of A.J. Fernández Cigar Co., in a press release. “Fans of the original Last Call Geniales, will enjoy this medium to full body cigar, one that is the perfect representation of a Nicaraguan Puro.” This is the second release in the Portfolio Series from A.J. Fernández, the first was the original Last Call. The Portfolio Series is a collection of limited edition, private blends and other special releases from the company.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2016, 07:47:37 AM »

Cigar Tax Avoided in Pennsylvania - Again

The finalized version of the 2016-2017 Pennsylvania budget does not include a tax on cigars. A legislative source told halfwheel that state leaders agreed to strip a proposed 40 percent tax on cigars from the budget. It’s not all good news for smokers, a 55 cents per ounce tax on all other tobacco products, not including cigars and electric cigarettes, remains in the bill. Pennsylvania holds unique importance to the cigar industry because it is home to major catalog retailers like Cigars International, Famous Smoke Shop, Holt’s and Atlantic Cigar Co. The reason many of those retailers are based in Pennsylvania is because it, along with Florida, New Hampshire and Washington D.C., have no state excise tax on cigars. This is hardly the first time a 40 percent tax on cigars has been proposed in Pennsylvania. As the state has dealt with budget shortfalls over the years, some have proposed adding a tax on cigars, a proposal that is consistently meant with arguments about how many potential jobs it could cost the state if the major retailers were to leave. Update: The bill has been signed into law.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2016, 07:54:01 AM »

Do they still give you a purple heart for coming into work with a cold?

sfish

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2016, 07:58:12 AM »

Not to my knowledge

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2016, 07:58:22 AM »

Just get a brown nose I thought.

Threebean

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2016, 08:02:02 AM »

Buck up, Nancy, your contribution to the day's commerce is important, soiled hanky notwithstanding.

sfish

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2016, 08:06:22 AM »

Just get a brown nose I thought.
I'd be happier with a brown box

sfish

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2016, 08:07:12 AM »

Buck up, Nancy, your contribution to the day's commerce is important, soiled hanky notwithstanding.
In honor of The Open Championship...Piss off!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2016, 08:08:54 AM »

In honor of The Open Championship...Piss off!
Yeah, you tosser!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14