Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1985, 248 American soldiers and eight crew members were killed when an Arrow Air charter crashed after takeoff from Gander, Newfoundland.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 2000, George W. Bush became president-elect as a divided U.S. Supreme Court reversed a state court decision for recounts in Florida's contested election.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Ten years ago: California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger refused to block the imminent execution of Stanley Tookie Williams, rejecting the notion that the founder of the murderous Crips gang had atoned for his crimes and found redemption on death row. (Williams was put to death early the next day.) During an impromptu question-and-answer session before the World Affairs Council of Philadelphia, President George W. Bush estimated 30,000 Iraqis had died in the war.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Five years ago: An explosives-packed minibus blew up at the entrance of a joint NATO-Afghan base in southern Afghanistan, killing six American troops and two Afghan soldiers as they prepared to head out on patrol. The inflatable roof of the Minneapolis Metrodome collapsed following a snowstorm that had dumped 17 inches on the city. (The NFL was forced to shift an already rescheduled game between the Minnesota Vikings and New York Giants to Detroit's Ford Field.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

One year ago: President Barack Obama urged the Senate to ratify a $1.1 trillion spending bill opposed by some Democrats, judging it an imperfect measure that stemmed from "the divided government that the American people voted for." (The Senate passed the measure the next day.) Illustrator Norman Bridwell, 86, creator of Clifford the Red Dog, died in Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Birthdays: Former TV host Bob Barker is 92. Basketball Hall of Famer Bob Pettit is 83. Singer Connie Francis is 78. Singer Dionne Warwick is 75. Rock singer-musician Dickey Betts is 72. Former race car driver Emerson Fittipaldi is 69. Actor Wings Hauser is 68. Actor Bill Nighy (ny) is 66. Actor Duane Chase (Film: "The Sound of Music") is 65. Country singer LaCosta is 65. Gymnast-turned-actress Cathy Rigby is 63. Author Lorna Landvik is 61. Singer-musician Sheila E. is 58. Actress Sheree J. Wilson is 57. Pop singer Daniel O'Donnell is 54. International Tennis Hall of Famer Tracy Austin is 53. Rock musician Eric Schenkman (Spin Doctors) is 52. Rock musician Nicholas Dimichino (Nine Days) is 48. Author Sophie Kinsella is 46. News anchor Maggie Rodriguez is 46. Actress Jennifer Connelly is 45. Actress Madchen Amick is 45. Actress Regina Hall is 45. Country singer Hank Williams III is 43. Actress Mayim Bialik is 40. Model Bridget Hall is 38.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Thought for Today: "If you possess something but you can't give it away, then you don't possess it... it possesses you." — Frank Sinatra (1915-1998).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Who To Marry?
-------------------------

HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHO TO MARRY? (written by kids)

You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like, if you like sports, she should like it that you like sports, and she should keep the chips and dip coming.
-- Alan, age 10

No person really decides before they grow up who they're going to marry. God decides it all way before, and you get to find out later who you're stuck with.
-- Kristen, age 10

WHAT IS THE RIGHT AGE TO GET MARRIED?

Twenty-three is the best age because you know the person FOREVER by then.
-- Camille, age 10

HOW CAN A STRANGER TELL IF TWO PEOPLE ARE MARRIED?
You might have to guess, based on whether they seem to be yelling at the same kids.
-- Derrick, age 8

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR MOM AND DAD HAVE IN COMMON?
Both don't want any more kids.
-- Lori, age 8

WHAT DO MOST PEOPLE DO ON A DATE?
Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to know each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long enough.
-- Lynnette, age 8 (isn't she a treasure)

On the first date, they just tell each other lies and that Usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date.
-- Martin, age 10

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ON A FIRST DATE THAT WAS TURNING SOUR?
I'd run home and play dead. The next day I would call all the newspapers and make sure they wrote about me in all the dead columns.
-- Craig, age 9

WHEN IS IT OKAY TO KISS SOMEONE?
When they're rich.
-- Pam, age 7

The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn't want to mess with that.
- - Curt, age 7

The rule goes like this: If you kiss someone, then you should marry them and have kids with them. It's the right thing to do.
-- Howard, age 8

IS IT BETTER TO BE SINGLE OR MARRIED?
It's better for girls to be single but not for boys. Boys need someone to clean up after them.
-- Anita, age 9 (bless you child)

HOW WOULD THE WORLD BE DIFFERENT IF PEOPLE DIDN'T GET MARRIED?
There sure would be a lot of kids to explain, wouldn't there?
-- Kelvin, age 8

And the #1 Favorite is........

HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck.
-- Ricky, age 10

Morning LSU, Happy Day Off!

Full Cold Moon arrives on Christmas Day, first since 1977

For the first time since 1977, the moon will reach it's full moon phase on Christmas Day. To provide a little perspective on that, if you're below 38 years of age, this will be the first time in your lifetime that the final full moon of the year has occurred on Christmas Day.

Like other moons throughout the year, such as the Harvest Moon or Hunter's Moon, the December full moon has it's own nicknames. Some of the common names associated with the December moon include the Cold Moon, which is due to the colder temperatures of December, the Yuletide Moon, and the Oak Moon.  The Farmers Almanac calls it The Cold Moon.

The next Christmas full moon will be in 2034.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Morning LSU, Happy Day Off!
Good morning Native and Happy Day Off to you also, I think you need it after your long drive yesterday.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Full Cold Moon arrives on Christmas Day, first since 1977

For the first time since 1977, the moon will reach it's full moon phase on Christmas Day. To provide a little perspective on that, if you're below 38 years of age, this will be the first time in your lifetime that the final full moon of the year has occurred on Christmas Day.

Like other moons throughout the year, such as the Harvest Moon or Hunter's Moon, the December full moon has it's own nicknames. Some of the common names associated with the December moon include the Cold Moon, which is due to the colder temperatures of December, the Yuletide Moon, and the Oak Moon.  The Farmers Almanac calls it The Cold Moon.

The next Christmas full moon will be in 2034.
I don't think I will make it to see that one so hopefully we have nice weather to enjoy it this year.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Good old UPS delivered a couple of boxes from CI that were meant as Christmas presents to a couple of nephews last night to the front door, to bad it wasn't my front door.  I am guessing I will be buying something different for them now since I am sure CI's customer service will say to give it another week or two, the Bastiges.

Guess these MF's were not sold out at Fathers Day so a damn nice deal for Christmas, cigars are a deal without the swag.  Help yourselves I already got mine ;D.  Sent the son one for Christmas too.

$1.00 flat rate shipping

http://cigarplace.biz/my-father-father-s-day-gift-set.html

Morning LSU, Happy Day Off!
Good morning Native and Happy Day Off to you also, I think you need it after your long drive yesterday.
Thanks, issue is it is only 100 miles of all interstate, most of it 6 lanes and somewhat rural with 75 mph speed limits but it took almost 3.5 hours.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12