Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1986, actor Cary Grant died in Davenport, Iowa, at age 82.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1990, the U.N. Security Council voted to authorize military action to free Kuwait if Iraq did not withdraw its occupying troops and release all foreign hostages by Jan. 15, 1991.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 2001, George Harrison, the "quiet Beatle," died in Los Angeles following a battle with cancer; he was 58.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Ten years ago: Al-Jazeera broadcast video of four Western peace activists taken hostage in Iraq by a previously unknown group, the Swords of Righteousness Brigade. (Three of the hostages were later released, but one of them, American Tom Fox, was killed.) The Vatican issued a document defending a policy designed to keep men with "deep-seated" homosexual tendencies from becoming priests, but said there would be no crackdown on gays who were already ordained. Actress Wendie Jo Sperber died in Sherman Oaks, California, at age 47.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Five years ago: An Afghan border policeman killed six American servicemen during a training mission in a remote area near the Pakistani border. Iran's president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (ah-muh-DEE'-neh-zhahd), admitted for the first time that a computer worm had affected centrifuges in Iran's uranium enrichment program. Climate negotiators began a two-week conference in Cancun. Former Rep. Stephen J. Solarz, D-N.Y., died in Washington, D.C. at age 70.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

One year ago: An Egyptian judge dismissed murder charges against former President Hosni Mubarak and acquitted his security chief over the killings of protesters during Egypt's 2011 uprising. Pope Francis stood in two minutes of silent prayer facing east inside one of Istanbul's most important religious sites, the 17th-century Sultan Ahmet mosque, on the second leg of his three-day visit to Turkey.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Birthdays: Hall-of-Fame sportscaster Vin Scully is 88. Former French President Jacques Chirac is 83. Blues singer-musician John Mayall is 82. Actress Diane Ladd is 80. Songwriter Mark James ("Always on My Mind"; "Suspicious Minds") is 75. Composer-musician Chuck Mangione is 75. Country singer Jody Miller is 74. Pop singer-musician Felix Cavaliere (The Rascals) is 73. Former Olympic skier Suzy Chaffee is 69. Comedian Garry Shandling is 66. Actor Jeff Fahey is 63. Movie director Joel Coen is 61. Actor-comedian-celebrity judge Howie Mandel is 60. Former Homeland Security Director Janet Napolitano is 58. Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is 56. Actress Cathy Moriarty is 55. Actress Kim Delaney is 54. Actor Tom Sizemore is 54. Actor Andrew McCarthy is 53. Actor Don Cheadle is 51. Actor-producer Neill Barry is 50. Musician Wallis Buchanan is 50. Pop singer Jonathan Knight (New Kids on the Block) is 47. Rock musician Martin Carr (Boo Radleys) is 47. Actress Jennifer Elise Cox is 46. Actor Larry Joe Campbell is 45. Rock musician Frank Delgado (Deftones) is 45. Actress Paola Turbay is 45. Contemporary Christian singer Crowder is 44. Actress Gena Lee Nolin is 44. Actor Brian Baumgartner is 43. Actress Anna Faris is 39. Actor Julian Ovenden is 39. Gospel singer James Fortune is 38. Actress Lauren German is 37. Rapper The Game is 36. Actress Janina Gavankar is 35. Rock musician Ringo Garza is 34. Actor/comedian John Milhiser is 34. Actor Lucas Black is 33.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Thought for Today: "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." — George Harrison (1943-2001).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Words for the Wise
-------------------------

1 . Now that food has replaced sex in my life, I can't even get into my own pants.

2. Marriage changes passion. Suddenly you're in bed with a relative.

3. I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with "Guess" on it. So I said "Implants?" She hit me.

4. I don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.

5. Sign in a Chinese Pet Store: "Buy one dog, get one flea..."

6. I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here.

7. I got a sweater for Christmas. I really wanted a screamer or a moaner.

8. If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

9. I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.

10. There are two sides to every divorce: Yours and Sh*thead's.

11. I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.

12. I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

13. Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

14. How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?

15. Isn't having a smoking section in a restaurant like having a peeing section in a swimming pool?

16. Why is it that most nudists are people you don't want to see naked?

17. Snowmen fall from Heaven unassembled.

18. Every time I walk into a singles bar I can hear Mom's wise words: "Don't pick that up, you don't know where it's been!"

19. A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn..that was fun!

Good morning guys.
Good morning. I have been off for 3 days. Now back to the grind stone.

Good morning guys.
Good morning. I have been off for 3 days. Now back to the grind stone.
see you from work Chip. I'm out the door.

Morning LSU & Blue.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Good morning guys.
Good morning. I have been off for 3 days. Now back to the grind stone.
see you from work Chip. I'm out the door.
Have great day Rick.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Morning LSU & Blue.
Good morning Rick and Native.

40 degrees now high of 44 today with more clouds and light rain today.  Long nasty spell for here, supposed to stay cloudy and cold till Wednesday.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13