Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 2000, actors Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones were married in an extravagant wedding at The Plaza hotel in New York City.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Ten years ago: The Republican-controlled House spurned a call for an immediate pullout of troops from Iraq in a 403-3 vote hastily arranged by the GOP that Democrats denounced as politically motivated. Suicide bombers killed more than 50 worshippers at a pair of Shiite mosques in Iraq. Eight months after Robert Blake was acquitted at a criminal trial of murdering his wife, a civil jury decided the actor was behind the slaying and ordered him to pay Bonny Lee Bakley's children $30 million. Tropical Storm Gamma formed off the coast of Central America. Character actor Harold J. Stone, 92, died in Woodland Hills, California.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Five years ago: President Barack Obama rallied former diplomatic and military chiefs from both parties to pressure reluctant Republican senators into ratifying a nuclear weapons deal with Russia. (The Senate ratified the treaty the following month.) General Motors stock resumed trading on Wall Street, signaling the rebirth of an American corporate icon that had collapsed into bankruptcy and was rescued with a $50 billion infusion from taxpayers. Felix Hernandez of the Seattle Mariners was chosen the AL Cy Young Award winner.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

One year ago: Several feet of lake-effect snow paralyzed the Buffalo, New York, area on a wintry day when temperatures fell to freezing or below in all 50 states. Israel vowed harsh retaliation for a Palestinian attack on a synagogue in Jerusalem that left five people dead.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Birthdays: Actress Brenda Vaccaro is 76. Author-poet Margaret Atwood is 76. Actress Linda Evans is 73. Actress Susan Sullivan is 73. Country singer Jacky Ward is 69. Actor Jameson Parker is 68. Actress-singer Andrea Marcovicci is 67. Rock musician Herman Rarebell is 66. Singer Graham Parker is 65. Actor Delroy Lindo is 63. Comedian Kevin Nealon is 62. Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon is 59. Actor Oscar Nunez is 57. Actress Elizabeth Perkins is 55. Singer Kim Wilde is 55. Rock musician Kirk Hammett (Metallica) is 53. Rock singer Tim DeLaughter (dee-LAW'-ter) is 50. Actor Romany Malco is 47. Actor Owen Wilson is 47. Actor Dan Bakkedahl is 47. Singer Duncan Sheik is 46. Actor Mike Epps is 45. Actress Peta Wilson is 45. Actress Chloe Sevigny (SEH'-ven-ee) is 41. Country singer Jessi Alexander is 39. Actor Steven Pasquale is 39. Rapper Fabolous is 38. Actor Nate Parker is 36. Rapper Mike Jones is 35. Actress/comedian Nasim Pedrad is 34. Actress Allison Tolman (TV: "Fargo") is 34. Actor Damon Wayans Jr. is 33. Actor Nathan Kress is 23.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Thought for Today: "Few people can see genius in someone who has offended them." — Robertson Davies, Canadian author (1913-1995).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Cowboy Logic
-------------------------

There is no arguing with cowboy logic. The Sierra Club and the US Forest
Service were presenting an alternative to Wyoming ranchers for
controlling the coyote population. It seems that after years of the
ranchers using the tried and true methods of shooting and/or trapping the
predator, the tree-huggers had a "more humane" solution. What they
proposed was for the animals to be captured alive, the male castrated and
let loose again and the population would be controlled.

This was ACTUALLY proposed to the Wyoming Wool and Sheep Grower's
Association by the Sierra Club and the USFS. All of the ranchers thought
about this amazing idea for a couple of minutes.

Finally, an old boy in the in the back stood up, tipped his hat back and
said, "Son, I don't think you understand the problem. Those coyotes ain't
f*ckin' our sheep, they're eatin' 'em.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Time to hit the wet roads for work, enjoy your day guys.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Good morning Dave.

Good morning Dave.
Morning, Chip. Happy hump day.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Good morning Dave.
Morning, Chip. Happy hump day.
Rainy day hump day down here.

Good morning Dave.
Morning, Chip. Happy hump day.
Rainy day hump day down here.
Calling for rain here later today as well. Serves us right, it got up to 69 yesterday. Warmest November for us so far in over 50 years.

Good morning Dave.
Good morning Chip and Dave

Good morning Dave.
Morning, Chip. Happy hump day.
Rainy day hump day down here.
Calling for rain here later today as well. Serves us right, it got up to 69 yesterday. Warmest November for us so far in over 50 years.
I got the nice weather today high of 62, rain and wind late tonight. All downhill from there.

Morning Humpers Chip, Golf & Blue.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18