Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/18/2015
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2015, 02:12:32 AM »

In 1977, West German commandos stormed a hijacked Lufthansa jetliner on the ground in Mogadishu, Somalia, freeing all 86 hostages and killing three of the four hijackers.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/18/2015
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2015, 02:14:07 AM »

In 1982, former first lady Bess Truman died at her home in Independence, Missouri, at age 97.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/18/2015
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2015, 02:14:33 AM »

In 1997, a monument honoring American servicewomen, past and present, was dedicated at Arlington National Cemetery.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/18/2015
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2015, 02:15:02 AM »

Ten years ago: Tropical Storm Wilma strengthened into a hurricane as it continued on a path toward Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, then south Florida.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/18/2015
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2015, 02:15:29 AM »

Five years ago: Four men snared in an FBI sting were convicted of plotting to blow up New York City synagogues and shoot down military planes with the help of a paid informant who'd convinced them he was a terror operative. (Defendants James Cromitie, David Williams, Onta Williams and Laguerre Payen were each sentenced to 25 years in prison.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/18/2015
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2015, 02:15:57 AM »

One year ago: The Supreme Court said Texas could use its controversial new voter identification law for the November election, rejecting an emergency request from the Justice Department and civil rights groups to prohibit the state from requiring voters to produce certain forms of photo ID. (Three justices dissented.) The remains of missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, 18, were found near Charlottesville; a suspect, Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr., is charged with first-degree murder and abduction with intent to defile. Paul Craft, 76, a songwriter and member of the country Hall of Fame, died in Nashville.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/18/2015
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2015, 02:16:21 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Rock-and-roll performer Chuck Berry is 89. Sportscaster Keith Jackson is 87. Actress Dawn Wells is 77. College and Pro Football Hall of Famer Mike Ditka is 76. Singer-musician Russ Giguere is 72. Actor Joe Morton is 68. Actress Pam Dawber is 65. Author Terry McMillan is 64. Writer-producer Chuck Lorre is 63. Gospel singer Vickie Winans is 62. Director-screenwriter David Twohy (TOO'-ee) is 60. International Tennis Hall of Famer Martina Navratilova is 59. Boxer Thomas Hearns is 57. Actor Jean-Claude Van Damme is 55. Actress Erin Moran is 55. Jazz musician Wynton Marsalis is 54. Actor Vincent Spano is 53. Rock musician Tim Cross is 49. Tennis player Michael Stich (shteek) is 47. Singer Nonchalant is 42. Actress Joy Bryant is 41. Rock musician Peter Svenson (The Cardigans) is 41. Actor Wesley Jonathan is 37. Rhythm-and-blues singer-actor Ne-Yo is 36. Country singer Josh Gracin is 35. Country musician Jesse Littleton (Marshall Dyllon) is 34. Olympic gold medal skier Lindsey Vonn is 31. Jazz singer-musician Esperanza Spalding is 31. Actress-model Freida Pinto is 31. Actor Zac Efron is 28. Actress Joy Lauren is 26. TV personality Bristol Palin is 25. Actor Tyler Posey is 24. Actor Toby Regbo is 24.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/18/2015
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2015, 02:17:08 AM »

Thought for Today: "Only those ideas that are least truly ours can be adequately expressed in words." — Henri Bergson, French philosopher (1859-1941).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/18/2015
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2015, 02:18:01 AM »

Police Humor
-------------------------

Who says cops don't have a sense of humor? The following were taken off of actual police car videos around the country.

"Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

"Take your hands off the car, and I'll make your birth certificate a worthless document."

"If you run, you'll only go to jail tired."

"Can you run faster than 1,200 feet per second? In case you didn't know, that is the average speed of a 9 mm bullet fired from my gun."

"So you don't know how fast you were going. I guess that means I can write anything I want on the ticket, huh?"

"Yes, Sir, you can talk to the shift supervisor, but I don't think it will help. Oh ... did I mention that I am the shift supervisor?"

"Warning! You want a warning? O.K., I'm warning you not to do that again or I'll give you another ticket."

"The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?"

"Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy, and step in monkey poop."

"Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster oven."

"In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC."

"Just how big were those two beers?"

"No sir we don't have quotas anymore. We used to have quotas but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we want."

"I'm glad to hear the Chief of Police is a good personal friend of yours. At least you know someone who can post your bail."

"You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't. Sign here."

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/18/2015
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2015, 05:39:49 AM »

Sheesh X 4!

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2015, 07:27:29 AM »

All by your lonesome today Chip?

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2015, 07:27:57 AM »

Sheesh X 4!
Definitely sheeshworthy!

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2015, 07:28:16 AM »

Good Morning in any case.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/18/2015
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2015, 07:28:32 AM »

All by your lonesome today Chip?
Just me and a bear or two here.  Congrats on your win, a good day for Tigers.

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2015, 07:50:45 AM »

Morning LSU, I slept in this morning but looks like you forgot to be on vacation.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10