Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/17/2015
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2015, 01:37:37 AM »

In 1979, Mother Teresa of India was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/17/2015
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2015, 01:38:05 AM »

In 1989, an earthquake measuring 7.1 on the Richter scale struck northern California, killing 63 people and causing $6 billion worth of damage.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/17/2015
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2015, 01:38:55 AM »

In 1990, the Internet Movie Database (IMDb.com) was created.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/17/2015
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 01:39:33 AM »

In 1995, President Bill Clinton told wealthy contributors at a Houston fund-raiser that "you think I raised your taxes too much. It might surprise you to know that I think I raised them too much, too" — a statement that drew criticism from both Republicans and Democrats.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/17/2015
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2015, 01:40:07 AM »

Ten years ago: A two-man Chinese space crew landed in China's northern grasslands after five days in orbit. Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi (joon-ee-chee-roh koh-ee-zoo-mee) enraged China and South Korea by visiting Tokyo's Yasukuni war shrine.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/17/2015
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015, 01:41:01 AM »

Five years ago: Pope Benedict XVI gave Australia its first saint, canonizing Mary MacKillop, a 19th century nun who was briefly excommunicated in part because her religious order had exposed a pedophile priest.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/17/2015
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2015, 01:41:41 AM »

One year ago: The World Health Organization acknowledged it had botched attempts to stop the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, blaming factors including incompetent staff, lack of information and budget cuts. Riot police cleared an offshoot Hong Kong pro-democracy protest zone in a dawn raid, taking down barricades, tents and canopies that had blocked key streets for more than two weeks, but leaving the city's main thoroughfare still in the hands of the activists. Sixteen people watching an outdoor pop concert in Seongnam, South Korea, fell 60 feet to their deaths when a ventilation grate they were standing on collapsed.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/17/2015
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2015, 01:42:12 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Actress Marsha Hunt is 98. Actress Julie Adams is 89. Newspaper columnist Jimmy Breslin is 85. Country singer Earl Thomas Conley is 74. Singer Jim Seals (Seals & Crofts) is 73. Singer Gary Puckett is 73. Actor Michael McKean is 68. Actress Margot Kidder is 67. Actor George Wendt is 67. Actor-singer Bill Hudson is 66. Astronaut Mae Jemison is 59. Country singer Alan Jackson is 57. Movie critic Richard Roeper is 56. Movie director Rob Marshall is 55. Actor Grant Shaud is 55. Animator Mike Judge is 53. Rock singer-musician Fred LeBlanc (Cowboy Mouth) is 52. Actor-comedian Norm Macdonald is 52. Singer Rene' Dif is 48. Reggae singer Ziggy Marley is 47. Actor Wood Harris is 46. Singer Wyclef Jean (zhahn) is 46. World Golf Hall of Famer Ernie Els is 46. Singer Chris Kirkpatrick ('N Sync) is 44. Rapper Eminem is 43. Actress Sharon Leal is 43. Actor Matthew Macfadyen is 41. Rock musician Sergio Andrade (an-DRAY'-day) is 38. Actress Felicity Jones (Film: "The Theory of Everything") is 32. Actor Chris Lowell is 31. Actor Dee Jay Daniels is 27.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/17/2015
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2015, 01:42:38 AM »

Thought for Today: "If you believe that life is worth living then your belief will create the fact." — Arthur Miller (1915-2005).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/17/2015
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2015, 01:44:17 AM »

Bought A Porsche
-------------------------

A fifteen year-old boy came home with a Porsche and his parents began to
scream, "Where did you get that car???!!!"  He calmly told them, "I bought
it today."

"With what money?" demanded his parents. "We know what a Porsche costs."

"Well," said the boy, "this one cost me fifteen dollars."

So the parents began to yell even louder. "Who would sell a car like that
for fifteen dollars?" they said.

"It was the lady up the street," said the boy."  I don't know her name--they
just moved in. She saw me ride past on my bike and asked me if I wanted  to
buy a Porsche for fifteen dollars."

"Oh No," moaned the mother, "she must be a child abuser. Who knows what she
will do next? John, you go right up there and see what's going on."

So the boy's father walked up the street to the house where the lady lived
and found her out in the yard calmly planting petunias! He introduced
himself as the father of the boy to whom she had sold a Porsche for fifteen
dollars and demanded to know why she did it.

"Well," she said, "this morning I got a phone call from my husband. I
thought he was on a business trip, but it seems he has run off to Hawaii
with his secretary and doesn't intend to come back. He asked me to sell his
new Porsche and send him the money.  So I did."

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/17/2015
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2015, 02:53:44 AM »

Sheesh!

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 05:10:19 AM »

You were right to sheesh, I started a conversation and then I fell asleep on ya.  Anyhoo, be safe and have a great trip.

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2015, 05:39:23 AM »

Guess you are already well on the way Chip but have a great vacation and be safe on the highway.

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2015, 05:56:07 AM »

SHEESH!

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2015, 07:05:47 AM »

Another SHEESH!

Hope we can make 4 pages today.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7