Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2015, 06:22:43 PM »

Cloudy and still out today and the flies are awful.
You should shower more often.
I should have known I was too late to execute on that one.
Yep, late again!   You still working?
No sir.  Done for the day.  Actually home at a reasonable hour today.
Good for you!

« Reply #181 on: October 05, 2015, 06:26:18 PM »

Guess I should be buying guns not cigars.
Yeah, I'm seriously considering purchasing two, just in case.

« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2015, 06:28:09 PM »

Guess I should be buying guns not cigars.
Yeah, I'm seriously considering purchasing two, just in case.
Looking at an M4 deal right now

« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2015, 06:36:38 PM »

@ computer guys,   My sons law office in SC flooded and desktop computers were subjected to 15-18" of water for a day.  Any hope to recover data files?

« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2015, 06:47:26 PM »

@ computer guys,   My sons law office in SC flooded and desktop computers were subjected to 15-18" of water for a day.  Any hope to recover data files?
Yowza!  It is unlikely.  With that said.  You should have them open the systems and let them completely dry out before attempting to turn anything on.  Keep a fan on them for about 24-48 hours.

« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2015, 06:50:31 PM »

@ computer guys,   My sons law office in SC flooded and desktop computers were subjected to 15-18" of water for a day.  Any hope to recover data files?
Yowza!  It is unlikely.  With that said.  You should have them open the systems and let them completely dry out before attempting to turn anything on.  Keep a fan on them for about 24-48 hours.
Legal company doesn't keep off-site backups?  That's strange.

« Reply #186 on: October 05, 2015, 06:55:41 PM »

@ computer guys,   My sons law office in SC flooded and desktop computers were subjected to 15-18" of water for a day.  Any hope to recover data files?
Yowza!  It is unlikely.  With that said.  You should have them open the systems and let them completely dry out before attempting to turn anything on.  Keep a fan on them for about 24-48 hours.
Legal company doesn't keep off-site backups?  That's strange.
Yes and no but he has a lot of stuff on his hard drive not backed up.  They are lawyers not rocket scientists ;)

« Reply #187 on: October 05, 2015, 07:01:46 PM »

@ computer guys,   My sons law office in SC flooded and desktop computers were subjected to 15-18" of water for a day.  Any hope to recover data files?
Yowza!  It is unlikely.  With that said.  You should have them open the systems and let them completely dry out before attempting to turn anything on.  Keep a fan on them for about 24-48 hours.
Legal company doesn't keep off-site backups?  That's strange.
Yes and no but he has a lot of stuff on his hard drive not backed up.  They are lawyers not rocket scientists ;).
I've seen that happen way too often. It's a lesson you learn the hard way, ONCE.

« Reply #188 on: October 05, 2015, 07:03:28 PM »

@ computer guys,   My sons law office in SC flooded and desktop computers were subjected to 15-18" of water for a day.  Any hope to recover data files?
Yowza!  It is unlikely.  With that said.  You should have them open the systems and let them completely dry out before attempting to turn anything on.  Keep a fan on them for about 24-48 hours.
Legal company doesn't keep off-site backups?  That's strange.
Yes and no but he has a lot of stuff on his hard drive not backed up.  They are lawyers not rocket scientists ;).
I've seen that happen way too often. It's a lesson you learn the hard way, ONCE.
That is correct.

« Reply #189 on: October 05, 2015, 07:05:17 PM »

Hillary Clinton dodged a reporter's question Monday about a previous statement she made opposing "blanket rules" implemented by the federal government that would govern gun purchases.
"What I favor is what works in New York," Clinton said in 2008, as uncovered by BuzzFeed. "You know, we have a set of rules in New York City and we have a totally different set of rules in the rest of the state. What might work in New York City is certainly not going to work in Montana."
She added, "So, for the federal government to be having any kind of, you know, blanket rules that they're going to try to impose, I think doesn't make sense."
However, on Monday, Clinton took another tone.The likely Democratic nominee proposed tightening regulations on firearm buyers through executive and congressional action.
When asked about her previous comment by a reporter, Clinton ignored it.

« Reply #190 on: October 05, 2015, 07:37:31 PM »

[...]
Sounds like she's ready for the job.

« Reply #191 on: October 05, 2015, 09:53:33 PM »

Brown box. Big buncha cigars.

« Reply #192 on: October 05, 2015, 09:55:25 PM »

Brown box. Big buncha cigars.
Did you get a knife too?

« Reply #193 on: October 05, 2015, 09:55:56 PM »

Time to call it a night.  See you in the morning.

« Reply #194 on: October 05, 2015, 09:56:06 PM »

Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14