Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2023, 12:09:25 PM »

Was a hot day yesterday, but I got a lot of stuff done - made the missus happy. I fell asleep on the couch about 8:30, woke up at eleven and went to bed. Slept until I snapped awake at 5AM. That's a lot of sleep for me.

I got up, showered, and for the first time since before the pandemic gave myself a luxury shave.

Day-to-day, I favor the Italian shave. Boar-bristle brush, Proraso soap, or Cella. Though, since the pandemic started, shaving is more of an every-three-days thing than daily.

For this I broke out the Brit sandalwood soap (Taylor's) the badger brush, and the straight razor. Figured I should see if I still had the skill. Apparently I do, mostly. Only one miniscule nick. The alum block took care of that in short order.

When I came out of the bathroom to dress, the Warden woke up enough to ask where I was going. Nowhere. Just indulging in a minor decadence. Even in the dark I could sense her skeptical expression.

She also doesn't like the sandalwood scent. Oh well.

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2023, 12:47:02 PM »

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2023, 01:20:37 PM »

[...]

Love a straight razor shave, but haven't given myself one in a while. Perhaps this was the motivation I needed.

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2023, 01:25:25 PM »

Morning, all.
Hello there, AmishDave.
Gotta leave at 1215 to take the oldest for her tux fitting. Which means I'll miss most of the Arsenal/Man City match, which, honestly, is probably better for my heart than actually watching.
A win from Arsenal will move them past Man City in the rankings. But it's still very early in the season.
Indeed, and could put us top of the league, depending on the margin of victory. But Saka is out today with an injury, so our chances have gone down significantly.
Shows what I know, 1-0, baby!

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2023, 02:22:56 PM »

Love a straight razor shave, but haven't given myself one in a while. Perhaps this was the motivation I needed.

It's such an odd thing. Even hours later, a straight-razor shave feels different. I suppose it has something to do with exfoliation. With a safety razor, you can use longer, and therefore fewer, strokes. With a straight razor you use shorter, and therefore more, strokes. More strokes means more dead skin removed.

You can overdo it with a straight razor, even if you don't cut yourself. I do two passes with the straight razor, because I learned long ago that three passes leaves my face chapped and stinging most of the day.

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2023, 03:17:14 PM »

Love a straight razor shave, but haven't given myself one in a while. Perhaps this was the motivation I needed.

It's such an odd thing. Even hours later, a straight-razor shave feels different. I suppose it has something to do with exfoliation. With a safety razor, you can use longer, and therefore fewer, strokes. With a straight razor you use shorter, and therefore more, strokes. More strokes means more dead skin removed.

You can overdo it with a straight razor, even if you don't cut yourself. I do two passes with the straight razor, because I learned long ago that three passes leaves my face chapped and stinging most of the day.
More strokes is good!

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2023, 03:20:31 PM »

Short Run 23 another solid!

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2023, 03:21:37 PM »

Page 3!

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2023, 03:22:52 PM »

Happy Birthday.

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2023, 03:24:04 PM »

and...

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2023, 06:10:09 PM »

Love a straight razor shave, but haven't given myself one in a while. Perhaps this was the motivation I needed.

It's such an odd thing. Even hours later, a straight-razor shave feels different. I suppose it has something to do with exfoliation. With a safety razor, you can use longer, and therefore fewer, strokes. With a straight razor you use shorter, and therefore more, strokes. More strokes means more dead skin removed.

You can overdo it with a straight razor, even if you don't cut yourself. I do two passes with the straight razor, because I learned long ago that three passes leaves my face chapped and stinging most of the day.
More strokes is good!
LALTS

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2023, 07:56:40 PM »

Love a straight razor shave, but haven't given myself one in a while. Perhaps this was the motivation I needed.

It's such an odd thing. Even hours later, a straight-razor shave feels different. I suppose it has something to do with exfoliation. With a safety razor, you can use longer, and therefore fewer, strokes. With a straight razor you use shorter, and therefore more, strokes. More strokes means more dead skin removed.

You can overdo it with a straight razor, even if you don't cut yourself. I do two passes with the straight razor, because I learned long ago that three passes leaves my face chapped and stinging most of the day.
More strokes is good!
TWSS.

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2023, 09:16:58 PM »

Class 34

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2023, 10:16:56 PM »

Pulled this one out of nowhere.

Connections
Puzzle #119
🟨🟩🟨🟨