CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 10/8/2023  (Read 496 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 10/8/2023
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2023, 12:09:25 PM »

Was a hot day yesterday, but I got a lot of stuff done - made the missus happy. I fell asleep on the couch about 8:30, woke up at eleven and went to bed. Slept until I snapped awake at 5AM. That's a lot of sleep for me.

I got up, showered, and for the first time since before the pandemic gave myself a luxury shave.

Day-to-day, I favor the Italian shave. Boar-bristle brush, Proraso soap, or Cella. Though, since the pandemic started, shaving is more of an every-three-days thing than daily.

For this I broke out the Brit sandalwood soap (Taylor's) the badger brush, and the straight razor. Figured I should see if I still had the skill. Apparently I do, mostly. Only one miniscule nick. The alum block took care of that in short order.

When I came out of the bathroom to dress, the Warden woke up enough to ask where I was going. Nowhere. Just indulging in a minor decadence. Even in the dark I could sense her skeptical expression.

She also doesn't like the sandalwood scent. Oh well.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2023, 12:47:02 PM »

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2023, 01:20:37 PM »

Was a hot day yesterday, but I got a lot of stuff done - made the missus happy. I fell asleep on the couch about 8:30, woke up at eleven and went to bed. Slept until I snapped awake at 5AM. That's a lot of sleep for me.

I got up, showered, and for the first time since before the pandemic gave myself a luxury shave.

Day-to-day, I favor the Italian shave. Boar-bristle brush, Proraso soap, or Cella. Though, since the pandemic started, shaving is more of an every-three-days thing than daily.

For this I broke out the Brit sandalwood soap (Taylor's) the badger brush, and the straight razor. Figured I should see if I still had the skill. Apparently I do, mostly. Only one miniscule nick. The alum block took care of that in short order.

When I came out of the bathroom to dress, the Warden woke up enough to ask where I was going. Nowhere. Just indulging in a minor decadence. Even in the dark I could sense her skeptical expression.

She also doesn't like the sandalwood scent. Oh well.
Love a straight razor shave, but haven't given myself one in a while. Perhaps this was the motivation I needed.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2023, 01:25:25 PM »

Morning, all.
Hello there, AmishDave.
Gotta leave at 1215 to take the oldest for her tux fitting. Which means I'll miss most of the Arsenal/Man City match, which, honestly, is probably better for my heart than actually watching.
A win from Arsenal will move them past Man City in the rankings. But it's still very early in the season.
Indeed, and could put us top of the league, depending on the margin of victory. But Saka is out today with an injury, so our chances have gone down significantly.
Shows what I know, 1-0, baby!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2023, 02:22:56 PM »

Love a straight razor shave, but haven't given myself one in a while. Perhaps this was the motivation I needed.

It's such an odd thing. Even hours later, a straight-razor shave feels different. I suppose it has something to do with exfoliation. With a safety razor, you can use longer, and therefore fewer, strokes. With a straight razor you use shorter, and therefore more, strokes. More strokes means more dead skin removed.

You can overdo it with a straight razor, even if you don't cut yourself. I do two passes with the straight razor, because I learned long ago that three passes leaves my face chapped and stinging most of the day.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2023, 03:17:14 PM »

It's such an odd thing. Even hours later, a straight-razor shave feels different. I suppose it has something to do with exfoliation. With a safety razor, you can use longer, and therefore fewer, strokes. With a straight razor you use shorter, and therefore more, strokes. More strokes means more dead skin removed.

You can overdo it with a straight razor, even if you don't cut yourself. I do two passes with the straight razor, because I learned long ago that three passes leaves my face chapped and stinging most of the day.
More strokes is good!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2023, 03:20:31 PM »

Short Run 23 another solid!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2023, 03:21:37 PM »

Page 3!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2023, 03:22:52 PM »

Happy Birthday.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2023, 03:24:04 PM »

and...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2023, 06:10:09 PM »

More strokes is good!
LALTS

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2023, 07:56:40 PM »

More strokes is good!
TWSS.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2023, 09:16:58 PM »

Class 34

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder