CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: 4/1/2015  (Read 43512 times)

sfish

Re: 4/1/2015
« Reply #240 on: April 01, 2015, 02:03:16 PM »

Good afternoon, Steve.

Hey, Tony. What's for lunch? Free range salad
Been eating like a rabid dog.  Haven't touched a salad in a long while.  Wound up going with a quesadilla and some corn chowder.  Gotta get back on the program.
Wait until after the cookout at our rental house.
There won't be a salad in sight

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #241 on: April 01, 2015, 02:04:57 PM »

If anyone frequents the 4 letter network website, they have their new "look" up today... same biased reporting.   ;D

Anyone think Tiger will make the weekend cut, or leave early with an injury?
Unless he's done some serious work on his short game, no way he makes it to the weekend. The greens there allow for very little error. IF he has short game problems like he did in Scottsdale, I'm thinking the injury bug will strike mid-round Friday.

Yeah, he kinda snuck into town... which he denied. Guess he didn't think everyone knew his plane. Kinda sad, the fall from grace he's gone through. Not to say some wasn't deserved, but everyone who has ever hated him now won't STFU. Not a huge fan of his, but those folks are fvckin annoying.
I don't think "sad" enters the equation.  He didn't develop a major drug habit.  He didn't have a psychotic breakdown.  He didn't get himself shot by gangstas. 

He had a meteoric rise, he made a gazillion dollars, he married a model, he cheated with a boatload of loose women, and then he got found out by the wife and an embarrassing drama followed.  Meanwhile, his golf game went down the tubes.

Was it the tomcatting that screwed up his golf game?  Maybe. But that would be highly speculative.  I think it's more likely he just never had 18 majors in him.  That's not sad.  That's just sports.

Payne Stewart's story is sad.  J Douglas Edgar.  Steve Ballesteros, maybe.  Even Ty Tryon.  Tiger?  He got the wins, he got the media, he got the money, he got the women...what's sad about that?

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #242 on: April 01, 2015, 02:06:47 PM »

Good afternoon, Steve.

Been eating like a rabid dog.  Haven't touched a salad in a long while.  Wound up going with a quesadilla and some corn chowder.  Gotta get back on the program.
Wait until after the cookout at our rental house.
There won't be a salad in sight

Not even lettuce for the burgers! Fvckin rabbit food!

sfish

« Reply #243 on: April 01, 2015, 02:06:54 PM »

Good afternoon, Steve.

Just stay off my leg at the herf next week.
He eats like a Great Dane but humps like a Chihuahua

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #244 on: April 01, 2015, 02:08:29 PM »

If anyone frequents the 4 letter network website, they have their new "look" up today... same biased reporting.   ;D

Unless he's done some serious work on his short game, no way he makes it to the weekend. The greens there allow for very little error. IF he has short game problems like he did in Scottsdale, I'm thinking the injury bug will strike mid-round Friday.

Yeah, he kinda snuck into town... which he denied. Guess he didn't think everyone knew his plane. Kinda sad, the fall from grace he's gone through. Not to say some wasn't deserved, but everyone who has ever hated him now won't STFU. Not a huge fan of his, but those folks are fvckin annoying.
I don't think "sad" enters the equation.  He didn't develop a major drug habit.  He didn't have a psychotic breakdown.  He didn't get himself shot by gangstas. 

He had a meteoric rise, he made a gazillion dollars, he married a model, he cheated with a boatload of loose women, and then he got found out by the wife and an embarrassing drama followed.  Meanwhile, his golf game went down the tubes.

Was it the tomcatting that screwed up his golf game?  Maybe. But that would be highly speculative.  I think it's more likely he just never had 18 majors in him.  That's not sad.  That's just sports.

Payne Stewart's story is sad.  J Douglas Edgar.  Steve Ballesteros, maybe.  Even Ty Tryon.  Tiger?  He got the wins, he got the media, he got the money, he got the women...what's sad about that?
Probably he meant more sad for us as fans, that we didn't get to watch him being Tiger for longer. I don't think anyone feels sorry for him directly.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #245 on: April 01, 2015, 02:11:39 PM »

What's sad, imo, is how his body is deteriorating and rapidly changing his game. Everyone is sports has their 'window of opportunity' or 'prime' and his is passing him by. There have been great players like Nicklaus who could still win in their later years. I just don't know if Tiger will stick it out that long. Like you said, he's pretty much set for life.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #246 on: April 01, 2015, 02:13:34 PM »

Probably he meant more sad for us as fans, that we didn't get to watch him being Tiger for longer. I don't think anyone feels sorry for him directly.

Yes. That too.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #247 on: April 01, 2015, 02:14:17 PM »

Got a little busy there, but I've had my fix of work for the today.  Heading home to get to smokin', enjoying my own week of 'spring break' with no school work to do.  Enjoy the rest of the week, all.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #248 on: April 01, 2015, 02:14:23 PM »

What's sad, imo, is how his body is deteriorating and rapidly changing his game. Everyone is sports has their 'window of opportunity' or 'prime' and his is passing him by. There have been great players like Nicklaus who could still win in their later years. I just don't know if Tiger will stick it out that long. Like you said, he's pretty much set for life.
I think it's all the weight he put on, in combination with that violent swing of his. I hope Rory doesn't go in the same direction, because he's started to bulk up a bit, too. Can't overdo stuff like that. Bulkiness does not lend itself to the golf swing.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #249 on: April 01, 2015, 02:14:46 PM »

Got a little busy there, but I've had my fix of work for the today.  Heading home to get to smokin', enjoying my own week of 'spring break' with no school work to do.  Enjoy the rest of the week, all.
Later, Part Time Joe.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #250 on: April 01, 2015, 02:15:45 PM »

See ya, Joe

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #251 on: April 01, 2015, 02:16:29 PM »

Just finished a workout and showered, now I'm one hungry MFer!

sfish

« Reply #252 on: April 01, 2015, 02:19:08 PM »

Later Joe

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #253 on: April 01, 2015, 02:19:42 PM »

I think it's all the weight he put on, in combination with that violent swing of his. I hope Rory doesn't go in the same direction, because he's started to bulk up a bit, too. Can't overdo stuff like that. Bulkiness does not lend itself to the golf swing.

Absolutely. When he began lifting and bulking up, that was pretty much the beginning of the end. Which is ironic, because he was always the smallish guy that could hit a ton. Don't know why he'd think adding muscle would improve his game. Musta been some vanity for himself and the ladies he was pulling.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #254 on: April 01, 2015, 02:20:23 PM »

Just finished a workout and showered, now I'm one hungry MFer!

Hey, Tiger... did you use a long iron?  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23