CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: 8/23/2023  (Read 892 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 8/23/2023
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2023, 10:25:12 AM »

Today’s Highlight in History:

In 2004, President George W. Bush criticized a political commercial accusing Democratic nominee John Kerry of inflating his own Vietnam War record, and said broadcast attacks by outside groups had no place in the race for the White House.
We've definitely journeyed a long way since this.
Ah, the good ole days.
The last set of Republican debates had the candidates referring to the size of their dicks. I can't wait to see what tonight brings.
In the end, they're all big dicks anyway.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2023, 10:31:19 AM »

In 2004, President George W. Bush criticized a political commercial accusing Democratic nominee John Kerry of inflating his own Vietnam War record, and said broadcast attacks by outside groups had no place in the race for the White House.
Ah, the good ole days.
The last set of Republican debates had the candidates referring to the size of their dicks. I can't wait to see what tonight brings.
...and that was only the women....

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2023, 10:32:45 AM »

Ah, the good ole days.
And that brings us to page 3 Tony!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2023, 10:32:51 AM »

Ah, the good ole days.
Lots of talk in the soccer world these days about how much time the ball is actually in play in a match. I wish I could see similar numbers tomorrow for how much time they spend tonight actually discussing political ideas, or even answering the question asked of them.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2023, 10:33:52 AM »

Good Birthday Day.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2023, 10:34:46 AM »

And the more mature well represented.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2023, 10:36:39 AM »

Ah, the good ole days.
Lots of talk in the soccer world these days about how much time the ball is actually in play in a match. I wish I could see similar numbers tomorrow for how much time they spend tonight actually discussing political ideas, or even answering the question asked of them.
I do find it rather curious how when they are asked a specific question, they pivot right into whatever they want to talk about.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2023, 10:44:15 AM »

Ah, the good ole days.
I do find it rather curious how when they are asked a specific question, they pivot right into whatever they want to talk about.
I think it would be great if in debates, the moderator had control of the mics. You ask someone a question, everyone else's mic is off. If the person you asked the question of veers into one of their talking points, their mic gets cut off and they move on to the next person. Instead of the shitshow we normally get, we might get something of actual value.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2023, 11:05:13 AM »

In my kids school, the junior high and high schools are both in the same building, but separated by section. Last year, the two halves started and ended at different times, but they've changed it this year where everyone starts and ends at the same times. It was a ginormous clusterfuck this morning at drop off, according to the wife. Which is not surprising, since the school is on a 2-lane road, with a turning lane in the middle. Not sure why they didn't anticipate it going so poorly, since that was my first thought when we got the letter about it. I expect just as much nonsense at pickup, hopefully it levels out a bit after the first few days.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2023, 11:26:09 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2023, 11:26:29 AM »

Like pulling teeth.

Wordle 795 6/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟩
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2023, 11:30:25 AM »

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2023, 11:43:43 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page3Raz.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2023, 11:44:09 AM »

Definitely a tricky one today.

Wordle 795 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟩
🟨⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2023, 11:44:17 AM »

And the more mature well represented.
Wrong Linda Thompson. This is the one that was born Linda Pettifer on 8/23/1947. She wasn't a girlfriend of Elvis or a Hee Haw Honey

Now, if you can find a birthdate for Linda Diane Thompson, she's definitely worthy of pictures.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5