CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25

Author Topic: 3/11/2015  (Read 47033 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 3/11/2015
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2015, 08:39:51 AM »

Mornin gents!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2015, 08:41:06 AM »

I gotta join the club here. Meetings all day and most I have no deal why? Gotta be more cutbacks. Meetings are never good anymore. If I walk in and don't see coffee and cookies it's going to be a long day.
Things have really changed the last 15 years, companies wanted the lifetime employees and we're proud about having people retire and it motivated everyone, now everyone goes to meetings wondering if it's their last time.  When I was at Krispy Kreme, you never wanted to go eat lunch with the owner because that was his way of getting rid of people, you went to lunch and no one ever saw you again.

HOLD THE PHONE!  You worked for Krispy Kreme?!?!
6 years as GM for them down here until they decided to close 3 shops and downsize.
NO WAY!  God I love that place!  We had one here for 3 or 4 years, then they closed down - man I miss the fresh donuts!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2015, 08:41:44 AM »

I gotta join the club here. Meetings all day and most I have no deal why? Gotta be more cutbacks. Meetings are never good anymore. If I walk in and don't see coffee and cookies it's going to be a long day.
Things have really changed the last 15 years, companies wanted the lifetime employees and we're proud about having people retire and it motivated everyone, now everyone goes to meetings wondering if it's their last time.  When I was at Krispy Kreme, you never wanted to go eat lunch with the owner because that was his way of getting rid of people, you went to lunch and no one ever saw you again.

6 years as GM for them down here until they decided to close 3 shops and downsize.
Bastards!  Just tell me, did they pay you in donuts?  :)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2015, 08:42:36 AM »

Bastards!  Just tell me, did they pay you in donuts?  :)
Tony is already researching their open career paths  ;)  Mornin Tony and Chip!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2015, 08:49:04 AM »

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2015, 08:49:46 AM »

Morning Chip, Dave, Dave, Rick, Purp, Yellow Star, Dave and Mr. Mayor.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2015, 08:53:42 AM »

NO WAY!  God I love that place!  We had one here for 3 or 4 years, then they closed down - man I miss the fresh donuts!
Love seeing that sign lit up. Morning Shaun.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2015, 08:54:46 AM »

Morning Chip, Dave, Dave, Rick, Purp, Yellow Star, Dave and Mr. Mayor.
Good mornin Dave

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2015, 08:54:59 AM »

Damnit I miss that!!!  Mornin Dave!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2015, 08:59:02 AM »

Sounds like you just found your next career, opening a franchise.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2015, 09:02:13 AM »

Shiiiiii...might help to have some income first  ;)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2015, 09:03:26 AM »

In the donut business, we call that batter.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2015, 09:08:06 AM »

In the donut business, we call that batter.
I suppose as I don't hire Tony I should be fine...dont need anyone eating up my inventory!

sfish

« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2015, 09:08:25 AM »

Morning all. Lots of fog this morning, seems to match the mood of the banter so far today.
That's a new feature I installed.  You like?
I call bullshit, nobody believes you're putting any effort into this site
You're beginning to sound like my dick of a boss.
I'm starting to think you're the problem!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2015, 09:09:38 AM »

Morning all. Lots of fog this morning, seems to match the mood of the banter so far today.
That's a new feature I installed.  You like?
I call bullshit, nobody believes you're putting any effort into this site
You're beginning to sound like my dick of a boss.
I'm starting to think you're the problem!
Ohh hey, mornin Scott!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25