Pages: 1 2 [3]

Today’s Birthdays:

Blues singer Bobby Rush is 88.
Actor Albert Hall is 85.
Country singer Donna Fargo is 81.
Former Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga., is 79.
Lyricist Tim Rice is 78.

Actor Jack Scalia is 72.
Movie director Roland Emmerich is 67.
Actor Matt Craven is 66.
Actor-comedian Sinbad is 66.
Actor Mackenzie Phillips is 63.

Author Neil Gaiman (GAY’-mihn) is 62.
Actor Vanessa Angel is 59.
Actor Hugh Bonneville is 59.
Actor-comedian Tommy Davidson is 59.
Actor Michael Jai (jy) White is 58.
Country singer Chris Cagle is 54.
Actor-comedian Tracy Morgan is 54.
Actor Ellen Pompeo (pahm-PAY’-oh) is 53.
Actor-comedian Orny Adams is 52.
Rapper U-God is 52.
Rapper-producer Warren G is 52.
Actor Walton Goggins is 51.
Comedian-actor Chris Lilley is 48.
Contemporary Christian singer Matt Maher is 48.
Rock singer-musician Jim Adkins (Jimmy Eat World) is 47.
Rapper Eve is 44.
Rock musician Chris Joannou (joh-AN’-yoo) (Silverchair) is 43.
Actor Heather Matarazzo is 40.
Country singer Miranda Lambert is 39.
Actor Josh Peck is 36.
Pop singer Vinz Dery (Nico & Vinz) is 32.
Actor Genevieve Buechner is 31.
Actor Zoey Deutch (DOYCH) is 28.
Actor Kiernan Shipka is 23.
Actor Mackenzie Foy is 22.

Thirteen.
Showoff.

Well, seems pretty predictable given my age. There are only a few that might be surprising. I'm going to be pretty good with Blues musicians, because I'm a guitarist. I'll be less so, but still pretty good with Christian musicians. My wife is a huge fan of Broadway musicals, but even if you don't know that, you know I'm a songwriter and Tim Rice is one of the greatest lyricists of all time, so he shouldn't be a surprise. The wife's also a fan of Grey's Anatomy, as are a lot of women, and it's set in Seattle, so, Ellen Pompeo. Y'all really should expect I'd know Walton Goggins from the show "Justified," a show I love. Matt Craven starred in one of my favorite movies of all time, "Jacob's Ladder." If you haven't seen it, you should. It's a real mind-bender of a movie. Maybe Kiernan Schipka will surprise you, but she was in "Mad Men" which is also a show I love, so I'm gonna know its cast pretty well.

[...]

Probably the only surprise from my list would be Hugh Bonneville. Also surprising, both to others and to myself, is how much of a Downton Abbey fan I am.

[...]

No, that wouldn't necessarily surprise me. There are a lot of men with advanced education that like that show, and there has always been a strong correlation between US political views from slightly right of center to far left and PBS viewership.

I watched a few episodes of it, because I like period-piece shows, but it's not really set in a period of British history that interests me, and it seemed pretty soapy to me. So I shined it on.

[...]

And the soapy factor is why I initially avoided anything to do with it, even though I had some friends and family (all women) who loved it. But my mom said I should give it a try, and my grandma and sister quickly agreed. My mom is rarely off the mark with recommending stuff to watch, so I gave it a try and the rest is history. I even went to see the last movie in the theater. The audience consisted of me and three old ladies. Lol

Matter of fact, I even had some DA-branded Republic of Tea this morning.

Hazzuh!

Outer edges of Nicole starting to roll in.  Should be gone tomorrow afternoon.

Daughter coming in this evening for the football game.  Military appreciation game, my favorite each year.  As the school has a strong military history, they really do it up right.

Outer edges of Nicole starting to roll in.  Should be gone tomorrow afternoon.
You or the storm?

Welcome, comrade. Remember to use separators.

Seems like the stock market liked today's inflation report.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter

Mail call