Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Good luck to your Bills, Rick. I can't stand Jets fans. I especially hate taking my daughter to work at the mall and there being extra traffic, never mind the increase in mall parking prices because of their proximity to the venue. Two weeks ago they wanted to charge me $5 just to drop her off in the parking lot closest to her job. Of course, I made her walk.

Page 2 is ready for DisappointedClemsonDave.

Phillies lost, Clemson embarrassed themselves...no Laranja for me this weekend.... :-\

Page 2 is ready for DisappointedClemsonDave.
Thank you kind sir.

Welcome back to Standard Time, banter people. NOW WAKE UP!!!
My clock never changed. It's supposed to be satellite. I really hate playing with the clocks

Good luck to your Bills, Rick. I can't stand Jets fans. I especially hate taking my daughter to work at the mall and there being extra traffic, never mind the increase in mall parking prices because of their proximity to the venue. Two weeks ago they wanted to charge me $5 just to drop her off in the parking lot closest to her job. Of course, I made her walk.
Pay for parking at the mall?  WTF?

Welcome back to Standard Time, banter people. NOW WAKE UP!!!
My clock never changed. It's supposed to be satellite. I really hate playing with the clocks
Just have stove and microwave to adjust as I don't have a snazzy fully connected kitchen like Tony.  And Figment's clock didn't automatically adjust either.

Good luck to your Bills, Rick. I can't stand Jets fans. I especially hate taking my daughter to work at the mall and there being extra traffic, never mind the increase in mall parking prices because of their proximity to the venue. Two weeks ago they wanted to charge me $5 just to drop her off in the parking lot closest to her job. Of course, I made her walk.
Oh wow. Everyone I know towards the city are Giants fans. Im actually a bit nervous because the jets are playing better than I expected This year

Welcome back to Standard Time, banter people. NOW WAKE UP!!!
My clock never changed. It's supposed to be satellite. I really hate playing with the clocks
Just have stove and microwave to adjust as I don't have a snazzy fully connected kitchen like Tony.  And Figment's clock didn't automatically adjust either.
I hear ya. I need another coffee. Stogie soon. I have outside work this morning

Today is Sunday, Nov. 6, the 310th day of 2022. There are 55 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Nov. 6, 1984, President Ronald Reagan won reelection by a landslide over former Vice President Walter Mondale, the Democratic challenger.

On this date:

In 1860, former Illinois congressman Abraham Lincoln of the Republican Party was elected President of the United States as he defeated John Breckinridge, John Bell and Stephen Douglas.

In 1861, James Naismith, the inventor of the sport of basketball, was born in Almonte, Ontario, Canada.

In 1928, in a first, the results of Republican Herbert Hoover’s presidential election victory over Democrat Alfred E. Smith were flashed onto an electric wraparound sign on the New York Times building.

In 1947, “Meet the Press” made its debut on NBC; the first guest was James A. Farley, former postmaster general and former Democratic National Committee Chair; the host was the show’s co-creator, Martha Rountree.

In 1977, 39 people were killed when the Kelly Barnes Dam in Georgia burst, sending a wall of water through Toccoa Falls College.

In 1990, about one-fifth of the Universal Studios backlot in southern California was destroyed in an arson fire.

In 2001, billionaire Republican Michael Bloomberg won New York City’s mayoral race, defeating Democrat Mark Green.

In 2014, the march toward same-sex marriage across the U.S. hit a roadblock when a federal appeals court upheld laws against the practice in four states: Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky and Tennessee. (A divided U.S. Supreme Court overturned the laws in June 2015.)

In 2015, President Barack Obama rejected the proposed Keystone XL pipeline, declaring it would undercut U.S. efforts to clinch a global climate change deal at the center of his environmental legacy. (President Donald Trump would reverse the Obama decision, but President Joe Biden canceled the permit for the pipeline on the day he took office.)

In 2016, FBI Director James Comey abruptly announced that Hillary Clinton should not face criminal charges related to newly discovered emails from her tenure at the State Department.

In 2019, Democrats announced that they would launch public impeachment hearings against President Donald Trump the following week; first to testify would be William Taylor, the top U.S. diplomat in Ukraine.

In 2020, the federal agency that oversees U.S. election security pushed back at unsubstantiated claims of voter fraud, saying that local election offices had detection measures that “make it highly difficult to commit fraud through counterfeit ballots.” Sen. Mitt Romney, the 2012 Republican presidential nominee, said President Donald Trump was “damaging the cause of freedom” and inflaming “destructive and dangerous passions” by claiming, without foundation, that the election was rigged and stolen from him.

Ten years ago: President Barack Obama rolled to reelection, vanquishing Republican Mitt Romney as he picked up 332 electoral votes compared to 206 for the former Massachusetts governor; Obama also received 51 percent of the popular vote as opposed to 47 percent for Romney.

Five years ago: President Donald Trump told reporters in Tokyo that North Korea was “a threat to the civilized world.” The Television Academy became the latest movie or TV organization to expel Harvey Weinstein. Former Democratic congressman Anthony Weiner reported to prison in Massachusetts to begin a 21-month sentence for sexting with a 15-year-old girl.

One year ago: A federal appeals court temporarily halted the Biden administration’s vaccine requirement for workers at businesses with 100 or more workers. (The Supreme Court would reject the requirement in January 2022.) Tens of thousands of climate activists marched through Glasgow, the Scottish city hosting the U.N. climate summit. Knicks Go set the early pace and kicked away to a 2 3/4-length victory in the $6 million Breeders’ Cup Classic at Del Mar in California.

Today’s Birthdays:

Actor June Squibb is 93.
Singer P.J. Proby is 84.
Actor Sally Field is 76.
Singer Rory Block is 73.
Jazz musician Arturo Sandoval is 73.
TV host Catherine Crier is 68.
News correspondent and former California first lady Maria Shriver is 67.
Actor Lori Singer is 65.
Actor Lance Kerwin is 62. Former Education Secretary Arne Duncan is 58.
Rock singer Corey Glover is 58.
Actor Brad Grunberg is 58.
Actor Peter DeLuise is 56.
Actor Kelly Rutherford is 54.
Author Colson Whitehead is 53.
Actor Ethan Hawke is 52.
Chef/TV judge Marcus Samuelsson is 52.
Actor Thandiwe (tan-DEE’-way) Newton (formerly Thandie (TAN’-dee)) is 50.
Model-actor Rebecca Romijn (roh-MAYN’) is 50.
Actor Zoe McLellan is 48.
Actor Nicole Dubuc is 44.
Actor Taryn Manning is 44.
Retired NBA star Lamar Odom is 43.
Actor Patina Miller is 38.
Actor Katie Leclerc (LEH’-klehr) is 36.
Singer-songwriter Ben Rector is 36.
Singer-songwriter Robert Ellis is 34.
Actor Emma Stone is 34. U.S.
Olympic swimming gold medalist Bobby Finke is 23.

Today's Over/Under is 9
Raz Over/Under is 11

Good luck to your Bills, Rick. I can't stand Jets fans. I especially hate taking my daughter to work at the mall and there being extra traffic, never mind the increase in mall parking prices because of their proximity to the venue. Two weeks ago they wanted to charge me $5 just to drop her off in the parking lot closest to her job. Of course, I made her walk.
Pay for parking at the mall?  WTF?
I agree. This mall is right across from MetLife Stadium and I guess they don't have a choice because people suck.

Welcome back to Standard Time, banter people. NOW WAKE UP!!!
My clock never changed. It's supposed to be satellite. I really hate playing with the clocks
Just have stove and microwave to adjust as I don't have a snazzy fully connected kitchen like Tony.  And Figment's clock didn't automatically adjust either.
Exactly! When it's time to go, it's time to go no matter what the clocks say.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5