CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: 10/21/2022  (Read 1221 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 10/21/2022
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2022, 08:08:56 AM »

Are there Amish in Ohio?
Oh yeah, big time, about an hour and 20 minutes south of Cleveland is where we head. It's quite the destination spot, and based on the weather tomorrow, it's liable to be jam packed. We try to get there early, before the old people bus groups start rolling in.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2022, 08:09:31 AM »

Are there Amish in Ohio?
Oh yeah, big time, about an hour and 20 minutes south of Cleveland is where we head. It's quite the destination spot, and based on the weather tomorrow, it's liable to be jam packed. We try to get there early, before the old people bus groups start rolling in.
It was an annual October tradition for us in the before times.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2022, 09:13:35 AM »

Are there Amish in Ohio?
I've been to Lancaster County in PA and knew of the Mennonites in Canada but wasn't aware of Amish in Ohio.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2022, 09:14:27 AM »

Are there Amish in Ohio?
Is that how we refer to the period before November 2019?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2022, 09:15:36 AM »

Are there Amish in Ohio?
I've been to Lancaster County in PA and knew of the Mennonites in Canada but wasn't aware of Amish in Ohio.
Long beards, plain outfits, horse-drawn buggies clogging up the roads, they've got it all. Lol

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2022, 09:16:20 AM »

Are there Amish in Ohio?
Is that how we refer to the period before November 2019?
Pretty much anything before the first shutdown in March 2020 is what I call the before times.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2022, 09:48:34 AM »

Speaking of weather, only 38 right now, but getting up to 64 today, followed by 71 tomorrow and Sunday, and no rain in sight.
Just about the same here.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2022, 09:51:34 AM »

I'm hoping to take it easy this weekend. My daughter is cheering tonight and my son has a soccer game tomorrow. I think that's about it.
Tomorrow is Amish day with the in-laws. First time we've been able to go since 2019. Sunday I'm going to enjoy this blast of nice weather on the way and hit the links, hopefully not for the last time this year.
So a little explanation would be helpful.  Are they Amish?, do you dress up as Amish?, get a pizza and watch Witness?, Amish craft fair for the English?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2022, 09:55:23 AM »

Are there Amish in Ohio?
Long beards, plain outfits, horse-drawn buggies clogging up the roads, they've got it all. Lol
I miss me some shoo-fly pie.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2022, 09:57:17 AM »

Used to have a plant I was responsible for in York which is next to Lancaster.  Amish doing well growing that broadleaf tobacco.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2022, 09:59:25 AM »

Is it too early?
Figured cigar Advent calendars are out, so...

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2022, 10:02:29 AM »

Are there Amish in Ohio?
I miss me some shoo-fly pie.
Mmmm. I used to work with a woman who was Pennsylvania Dutch and she would make that and all sorts of other goodies and bring them to work. That's how I gained 60 lbs back in '94.

Edit: she and her husband combined easily weighed 750 lbs.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2022, 10:05:56 AM »

Is it too early?
Yes, yes it is.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2022, 10:06:29 AM »

Is it too early?
It's a bit early but we'll let it slide. She's real purdy.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2022, 10:06:56 AM »

I'm hoping to take it easy this weekend. My daughter is cheering tonight and my son has a soccer game tomorrow. I think that's about it.
Tomorrow is Amish day with the in-laws. First time we've been able to go since 2019. Sunday I'm going to enjoy this blast of nice weather on the way and hit the links, hopefully not for the last time this year.
So a little explanation would be helpful.  Are they Amish?, do you dress up as Amish?, get a pizza and watch Witness?, Amish craft fair for the English?
They are Amish, we do not dress up. Drive around to different shops, eat a huge buffet lunch, take in some scenery, stop at a place with a petting zoo, a couple of apple farms.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5