Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/15/2014
« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2014, 01:04:22 PM »

Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/15/2014
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2014, 01:05:00 PM »

Well that test worked.  Looks like we can hot-link images using IMG tags to get around the board image size limit.  Cool.
Logged

EA

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Ya' know what this guitar needs? Lessons.
Re: 6/15/2014
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »

Finished fixing the patio and come in to find....Brickhouse...can I get a sheesh? Going out to mow the lawn.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/15/2014
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2014, 01:11:04 PM »

Finished fixing the patio and come in to find....Brickhouse...can I get a sheesh? Going out to mow the lawn.

Brickhouses are very nice smokes.  Too bad CI doesn't actually have a discount on them.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/15/2014
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2014, 01:27:31 PM »

The Le Matin is going well.  A bit sweet with a dash of pepper, plenty of cedar and floral accents, some coffee/dark chocolate body, a bit leathery.  Very good.  This batch was bought last June, so a year of rest on it give or take a few days.
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2014, 01:30:45 PM »

Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/15/2014
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2014, 01:31:04 PM »

Logged

dogdays

« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2014, 01:35:32 PM »

Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/15/2014
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2014, 01:39:18 PM »

Hi Will , What's in the mug? ,

Coffee.
Yes I know it's coffee , but what kind ? .

That is Baronet's French Roast pod from my old Senseo.  I picked up that machine before K-Cups were the big thing, still works great.  I've found a handful of different pods that make really good coffee for a no effort/single serve type thing.  Works out well for when I feel like making no effort or don't want a half or whole pot.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/15/2014
« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2014, 01:41:06 PM »

Oh, and the nozzles on the Senseo do the crema/frothing thing automatically.  So it's black coffee that just went through special nozzles.
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2014, 01:43:35 PM »

Hi Will , What's in the mug? ,

Coffee.
Yes I know it's coffee , but what kind ? .

That is Baronet's French Roast pod from my old Senseo.  I picked up that machine before K-Cups were the big thing, still works great.  I've found a handful of different pods that make really good coffee for a no effort/single serve type thing.  Works out well for when I feel like making no effort or don't want a half or whole pot.
I had a senseo , can you still get the pods ? , the senseo maeks a  great cup of coffee .
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/15/2014
« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2014, 01:44:52 PM »

Hi Will , What's in the mug? ,

Coffee.
Yes I know it's coffee , but what kind ? .

That is Baronet's French Roast pod from my old Senseo.  I picked up that machine before K-Cups were the big thing, still works great.  I've found a handful of different pods that make really good coffee for a no effort/single serve type thing.  Works out well for when I feel like making no effort or don't want a half or whole pot.
I had a senseo , can you still get the pods ? , the senseo maeks a  great cup of coffee .

Supermarkets still have the Philips pods sometimes.  Amazon has them, along with the Baronet, Melitta, Wolfgang, etc. etc.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/15/2014
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2014, 01:59:27 PM »

Right around the 1 hour mark now, a bit past midway.  Burn is just a little too uneven.  Hoping it'll do a quick run to catch up before I need to touch it up.  The biggest flaw with the Le Matin is the burn--victim of the sharp press, I figure.

Lots of sweet tobacco--call it honey or creamy sweetness, along with floral notes and cedar.  Very rich tasting core flavors--roasted coffee, dark chocolate, but very balanced and even.  Just enough pepper to keep things together with everything else.

It seems a bit sweeter and more floral, over all, than the 2 year old Le Grande I had last weekend.  Less wood and dark chocolate.  Equally rich, though.  The whole of the Illusione line really underscores the importance of vitola, in my experience.

Flavor-wise, I have no problems with the Matin once it has a little age on it.  The sharp press makes the 46RG seem even smaller and results in harsh smoke if it's fresh or too wet or smoked too aggressively in the final third and it also seems to cause more burn issues overall (in my limited sample set, at least).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/15/2014
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2014, 02:02:16 PM »

17 CAO Black Gothic
         10/32.50
16 Brick House Robusto
          5/24.10
15 AB/Gurkha Boutique Showdown Sampler
          12/39.99
14 Tatuaje Nicaragua Cojonu '12 Maduro
          5/39.99
13 Romeo y Julieta 1875 Bully
         10/37.50
12 Torano Hogshead Toro
         10/29.50
11 Perdomo 20th Anniversary Sun Grown Torpedo
          5/29.50
10 Four Kicks by Crowned Heads Robusto
         10/39.99
 9 La Aurora Barrel Aged Robusto
           5/19.99
 8 Man O' War Virtue Toro
         10/34.99
 7 The Reckoning by Studio Tobac Toro
          5/21.50
 6 INCH Maduro by E.P. Carrillo #62
         10/39.99
 5 Peterson Churchill
           5/19.99
 4 Diesel Unlimited Maduro
         10/32.50
 3 My Father No.1 Robusto
          5/32.50
 2 CAO Lx2 Robusto
          5/29.99
 1 Oliva Serie 'V' Melanio
          5/29.99
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2014, 02:10:06 PM »

Thanks for the recaps Chip ! .