« Reply #330 on: June 13, 2014, 04:59:05 PM »

Afternoon, men.  Got an El Triunfador from 4/2012 and a Belgian strong-ish ale (the failed attempt at a white IPA that still works but finished way too wet to be an IPA).
But is it too wet to plow?

Banter elder?  Sheesh.
Indeed!

« Reply #331 on: June 13, 2014, 05:00:41 PM »

Getting ready to call it a day/week too.  That way I can smoke a little something before I have to be home by 6:15.  Happy Father's Day to those of you who donated sperm, cash, or both to acquire progeny.
You make "acquiring progeny" sound like slavery - buy a kid.
I was just funnin' about how expensive it is to be a dad.  Btw, I left the office and lit my first Tattoo.  Gets a little harsh if you smoke it fast, but smoke it slowly and there are some interesting and tasty flavors in there.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #332 on: June 13, 2014, 05:02:09 PM »

Goddamn fucking rain.
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #333 on: June 13, 2014, 05:03:21 PM »

Afternoon, men.  Got an El Triunfador from 4/2012 and a Belgian strong-ish ale (the failed attempt at a white IPA that still works but finished way too wet to be an IPA).
/////.....Nice pic Will, looks like a excellent combo.

« Reply #334 on: June 13, 2014, 05:04:50 PM »

WTF? LOL! looks like everyone got their old post counts back.....I take that back.....not everyone.
Only the top 10 so far.  I was asked to do so by a couple of folks and I decided to try it out.  I can always revert it back if desired.
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #335 on: June 13, 2014, 05:06:23 PM »

Afternoon/Evening, enjoying a FdLA toro and a chilly Yuengling...
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #336 on: June 13, 2014, 05:08:10 PM »

Afternoon/Evening, enjoying a FdLA toro and a chilly Yuengling...
\\\\Howdy TD, hour and a half to go....
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #337 on: June 13, 2014, 05:09:25 PM »

WTF? LOL! looks like everyone got their old post counts back.....I take that back.....not everyone.
Only the top 10 so far.  I was asked to do so by a couple of folks and I decided to try it out.  I can always revert it back if desired.
Doesn't matter to me.
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #338 on: June 13, 2014, 05:15:07 PM »

Afternoon/Evening, enjoying a FdLA toro and a chilly Yuengling...
\\\\Howdy TD, hour and a half to go....
Hey Dusty, hang in there...almost at the finish line.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #339 on: June 13, 2014, 05:15:38 PM »

Afternoon, men.  Got an El Triunfador from 4/2012 and a Belgian strong-ish ale (the failed attempt at a white IPA that still works but finished way too wet to be an IPA).
/////.....Nice pic Will, looks like a excellent combo.

The El Tri is absolutely excellent.  Real top notch smoke that ages very well.

This recipe for the beer is a bit odd.  It has some of the usual big citrusy flavors of IPAs and the orange peel and coriander typical of Wits.  The T-58 yeast adds plenty of Belgian character, too, though it didn't attenuate nearly well enough to bring out the hop bitterness.  So it's this oddly spice/flavored kinda pale malty Belgian beer with stronger than usual hop flavoring.

They kinda pair.  Sorta.  The sweetness of the El Tri, nuttiness of the tobacco and it's creamy nature really comes through.  It also tastes way more citrusy than it usually would.

Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #340 on: June 13, 2014, 05:17:37 PM »

Afternoon, men.  Got an El Triunfador from 4/2012 and a Belgian strong-ish ale (the failed attempt at a white IPA that still works but finished way too wet to be an IPA).
/////.....Nice pic Will, looks like a excellent combo.

The El Tri is absolutely excellent.  Real top notch smoke that ages very well.

This recipe for the beer is a bit odd.  It has some of the usual big citrusy flavors of IPAs and the orange peel and coriander typical of Wits.  The T-58 yeast adds plenty of Belgian character, too, though it didn't attenuate nearly well enough to bring out the hop bitterness.  So it's this oddly spice/flavored kinda pale malty Belgian beer with stronger than usual hop flavoring.

They kinda pair.  Sorta.  The sweetness of the El Tri, nuttiness of the tobacco and it's creamy nature really comes through.  It also tastes way more citrusy than it usually would.
Sounds tasty...

« Reply #341 on: June 13, 2014, 05:19:28 PM »

I thought NASCAR was rid of that shithead Juan Montoya but he is back already qualifying at Michigan.

I liked him better when he drove open wheel, Danica too.

I have hated Danica since her first race but I liked Montoya in open wheel to but he turned to a total ass in NASCAR just wrecking up good competitive cars.

I think he was hired to do that.

Not out of the question

« Reply #342 on: June 13, 2014, 05:20:28 PM »

I thought NASCAR was rid of that shithead Juan Montoya but he is back already qualifying at Michigan.
Shit.
Well stated
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #343 on: June 13, 2014, 05:20:47 PM »

[...]

Yeah, it's not really a pairing beer.  Not that I usually pair--much prefer water or coffee for tasting a cigar.  That's just me, though.

On the upside, I only have 2 or 3 bottles of this one left and they're all liter bottles.  Clocks in around 6.5% abv, a bit shy of its intended amount, but enough to get the job done when you're doing it 33 ounces at a time.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/13/2014
« Reply #344 on: June 13, 2014, 05:36:09 PM »

At the ~45 minute mark with the El Tri.

Still a lot of sweet cedar, thought not as much in the second half.  A biit more pepper and a slightly darker, rougher/less creamy presentation.  Not getting the citrusy notes/my palate adjusted for Wit.